Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

If You Were ERNEST Shonekan,will You Surrender To ABACHA? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were ERNEST Shonekan,will You Surrender To ABACHA? (581 Views)

We Will Remain Grateful To Abacha Family – Governor Dickson / Obasanjo,Amosun,Ernest Shonekan,Adeboye At Ogun Christmas Carol Last Night(pics) / Ernest Shonekan Cutting His 80th Birthday Cake (2) (3) (4)

If You Were ERNEST Shonekan,will You Surrender To ABACHA? by Herald47: 10:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
I read an article of how late sani abacha(vice or deputy) overthrew ernest shonekan's(president) government after 2 months of democratic rule and took over power from him after commanding him to surrender in the year 1993,so i ask,if you were ernest shonekan will you surrender to your vice or deputy.
Re: If You Were ERNEST Shonekan,will You Surrender To ABACHA? by CACAWA(m): 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
Go back and read again. Babangida was meant to handover to his chief of defence staff, Abacha, but decided to curry the favour of Yorubas by handing over to a civilian Shonekan who is from Abiola's zone. However, Abacha remained in total control of the armed forces as C-in-C while shonekan was only ceremonial..sort of figure head

...then Abiola said to himself "am I mad? Babangida has already left power...and I am the elected President....there is nothing like interim president in the constitution especially when we already have a duly elected president...(then he stood up)....I have to act now....(he went straight to the broadcasting station)..."

As Abiola went to announce that he was now the president, Abacha said "Kai Walahi dat one no fossible...shonekan Abeg stand up make I see who go come drive me comot po hia"

As Abiola finished and headed for presidential villa, Abacha whom he thought will cooperate as he was already cooperating with Shonekan placed him in cuffs and said..."oga walai e be like say you no dey hia word fa, na me be feresident gaskiya ne fa...I declare curfew and you disobeyed so go to kirikiri"

Re: If You Were ERNEST Shonekan,will You Surrender To ABACHA? by Herald47: 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2015
CACAWA:
Go back and read again. Babangida was meant to handover to his chief of defence staff, Abacha, but decided to curry the favour of Yorubas by handing over to a civilian Shonekan who is from Abiola's zone. However, Abacha remained in total control of the armed forces as C-in-C while shonekan was only ceremonial..sort of figure head

...then Abiola said to himself "am I mad? Babangida has already left power...and I am the elected President....there is nothing like interim president in the constitution especially when we already have a duly elected president...(then he stood up)....I have to act now....(he went straight to the broadcasting station)..."

As Abiola went to announce that he was now the president, Abacha said "Kai Walahi dat one no fossible...shonekan Abeg stand up make I see who go come drive me comot po hia"

As Abiola finished and headed for presidential villa, Abacha whom he thought will cooperate as he was already cooperating with Shonekan placed him in cuffs and said..."oga walai e be like say you no dey hia word fa, na me be feresident gaskiya ne fa...I declare curfew and you disobeyed so go to kirikiri"

that abacha too rugged,i call him the idi amin of nigeria

Re: If You Were ERNEST Shonekan,will You Surrender To ABACHA? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
CACAWA:

you are a clown! cheesy

Missing Cash : Defense Headquarters Detains Generals, Recalls Others / Kogi Election On Heat - Yahaya Bello & Faleke Supporters Clash In Abuja - Photos / Are The Dark Days Back, Where Lies The Power Of The Masses?