Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,061 members, 7,838,696 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? (8621 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / Ten Most Powerful People In Nigeria 2015 / 15 Most Powerful People In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by shawn123: 1:30pm On May 25, 2009
Dis Guy:

hmm if all the 'Daddy' with their mega churches command all their followers to march to Abuja-that's enough for a revolution imo!

grin grin cheesy wink
This is by far the funniest thing i have read, but funny enough its the truth. But come to think about it o, this kind of revolution and the followers has nothing to do with the wealthy people, the rich ones would not follow anybody any where, i think the poor people are the most vulnerable and religous,
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2009
militants forever

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by ifihearam: 2:00pm On May 25, 2009
The politicians and the militants of course

Obviously because they work hand in hand.
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 2:49pm On May 25, 2009
[b][b]My choice of militants is on the adduced reasons:

1. They feed the soldiers because allowances declared for their "good job" by the FG is as a result of their activities

2. Some policemen also feed from them by selling arms and ammunition, FIND ATTACHED CASE OF D MOPOL CATCH WITH 17 CARTOONS OF AMMUNITION IN WARRI LAST WEEK

3.POLITICIANS gain relevance through them because they work in unixism

4.the TRADITIONAL RULERS fear them like plaque because if not militant wont be using their kingdoms as camps

5. RELIGIOUS LEADERS: Mind u the Babalawo too are relious leaders in their own capacity and they get paid after giving the militants juju

6.JOURNALISTS: Their news may not sell if there is no niger delta militants activities that is usually hot cake, even the militant grant them exclusive interviews

7.ACADEMICS. They tend to use militancy as a research work, even govt call them to profer solutions to the niger delta menance and directly or otherwise they get paid

8. BUSINESSMEN; They buy the oil stole by the militants and also supply arms which qualify them as business partners.

DO U NOW REALIZE THAT MILITANTS NA BABA FOR THIS OUR ANIMAL FARM[/b][/b]
sad sad shocked shocked shocked
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by Akabiboy(m): 2:56pm On May 25, 2009
Anyone heard about the kaduna mafia or the northern oligarchy?
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by tymoti(m): 3:04pm On May 25, 2009
The power brokers, the king makers those are the most powerful people
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by jimmysho(m): 3:31pm On May 25, 2009
kaduna mafia do not exist .

i am in the city of kd and i can tell u that authoritatively
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by Bawss1(m): 4:11pm On May 25, 2009
The most powerful guys in Nigeria? That will be the officials of PHCN but I didn't see any pictures of them in the original post grin
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by bawomolo(m): 7:25pm On May 25, 2009
it has to be religious leaders.

Why i was a young kid, i witnessed people who WALKED long distances just to see their favorite preachers, whether it be Reinard Bonke or Oyedepo.

The head of chosen is beginning to have a cult following too.

Sisikill is right, these people have ready to die soldiers firing thunder and brimstone on jakumo  grin

shawn123:

grin grin cheesy wink
This is by far the funniest thing i have read, but funny enough its the truth. But come to think about it o, this kind of revolution and the followers has nothing to do with the wealthy people, the rich ones would not follow anybody any where, i think the poor people are the most vulnerable and religous,

you think otedola would be stupid enough to tithe 10% of his earnings?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by nolongTing: 9:18pm On May 25, 2009
Bawss1:

The most powerful guys in Nigeria? That will be the officials of PHCN but I didn't see any pictures of them in the original post grin

I was about to post it then, there was a power cut!  grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:49am On May 26, 2009
for me they are the political elites oooooo, they can do and undo
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by bellzbeatz: 10:49am On May 26, 2009
IS LIKE WE ARE TAKING THE SILENCE OF THE SOMBIS (SOLDIERS) AS WEAKNESS,NO DOUBT THEY ARE THE POWER IN THIS COUNTRY AND LETS PRAY THAT THERE WONT BE REASONS FOR THEM TO DISPLAY COZ THEY TAKE ORDERS AND WONT ASK QUESTIONS.YES SIR IS YES SIR
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by trhymes(m): 9:42pm On May 26, 2009
I will say religious leaders.
What they tell you to do you do.
Be it Christian or Muslim. cool
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by nolongTing: 8:16am On May 28, 2009
Wow it seems like one of these religious leaders should run for office in 2011! grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:45pm On May 28, 2009
1. Religious leaders
[list]
[li]They have the power to gather, guide and direct the emotions and actions of millions of Nigerians every Sunday[/li]
[li]They have the ultimate backing of God himself[/li]
[/list]
2. Politicians
[list]
[li]They have the power to gather, guide and direct the emotions and actions of millions of Nigerians every Election day[/li]
[li]They have the ultimate backing of God himself[/li]
[/list]
3. Journalists
[list]
[li]They have the power to gather, guide and direct the emotions and actions of millions of Nigerians every day[/li]
[li]They have the ultimate backing of ruling Political class (Tinubu TV, Ibori, Odili, OGD newspapers[/li]
[/list]
4. Traditional rulers (e.g Obas, Sultans, Ezes etc)
[list]
[li]They have the power to gather, guide and direct the emotions and actions of millions of Thugs every election rally[/li]
[li]They have the ultimate backing of the Nigeria Police Force [/li]
[/list]
4. Academmics (i.e teachers, professors etc)
[list]
[li]They have the power to guide the thoughts and actions and character of every future leader[/li]
[li]They are too poor and broke to teach well[/li]
[/list]
5. Policemen
[list]
[li]They have the power to arrest any situation [/li]
[li]They are too poor and broke to teach well[/li]
[/list]
6. Businessmen
[list]
[li]They have the power to take advantage of the buying power of 135 million nigerians[/li]
[li]They make sure you pay the equivalent of $16 dollars for crap pizza (more expensive than anywhere else in the world[/li]
[/list]
7. Customs officers
[list]
[li]They have the power to restore the balance of trade between nigerian and neighboring countries [/li]
[li]They are above the law, carry guns and can illegally ship banned cars and contraband into the country for a fee[/li]
[/list]
9. Millitants
[list]
[li]They have the power to stop oil flow pipes and further deepen our prospects for alternatives to crude[/li]
[li]They have the (seasonal) backing of ex-governors to sustain their pipeline smashing spree[/li]
[/list]
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by nolongTing: 4:31pm On May 28, 2009
These answers show why Nigeria is not developing! In the west Religious leaders are at the bottom of the pile and Businessmen are the most admired in society.  The Businessmen provide jobs, drive the economy and fund the politicians but in Nigeria all the businessmen can't even spell business! They are all connected to the politicians (if not politicians) and have no sense of ethics as a result no matter how rich they get they are not respected.

If the Archbishop of York came out and said "take to the streets and protest"! 95% of people in England would either laugh or ignore it.  But in Nigeria if a pastor says jump off a cliff they will all jump LOL. Religion is an absolute necessity to me but it should be private - in ones soul! No wonder why China bans any public display of religion, it they did not they would be in a pitiful state just like Nigeria.

Nigeria will not develop if this trend continues.
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by smooooooth: 4:44pm On May 28, 2009
businessmen
politicians
military
traditional learders
academiacs
journalist
militants
police
ever othey person {the bulk in the society}
Re: Who Are The Most Powerful People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 10, 2009
Lets hit it straight:
the dantatas
the abachas
the babangidas
the dangotes
the otedolas
the ubas
the obasanjos
the atikus
the igbinedions
the sarakis
the okoyas
the asaris
the danjumas
the atekes
the iboris
the tinubus
the adedibus
the folawiyos
the yaraduas
the buharis
the abiolas
the iwealas
the kupolokuns
the obasekis
the iyayis

abegy,dis guys don finish 9ja treasury,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor-Elect Peter Mbah Will Continue With Our Success Stories - PDP / Who To Blame For Post Election Violence? / What Will You Do If You Were The Governor Of Your State? In Terms Of Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.