Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,098 members, 7,825,464 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

What Will You Do If You Were The Governor Of Your State? In Terms Of Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will You Do If You Were The Governor Of Your State? In Terms Of Development (8592 Views)

The Six Geographical Regions Of Nigeria In Order Of Development. / The Six Geographical Regions In Nigeria in Order Of Development / The Dearth Of Development In The South-east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Were The Governor Of Your State? In Terms Of Development by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
I have been thinking of this for the past few days, and here's what i will do.

First phase ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
1. Reduce atleast 30% of civil servant salary and allowances
2. I will designate a huge amount of land in every local government, use government money to buy tractors, combine harvesters and other farm equipment, build silos near the farm. Then the farms will be put under the authority of 'state' ministry of agriculture (thereby strengthening it), but will be managed by the respective local government chairmen. Non performing L.G.A chairmen will be fired immidiately. The farms will be privatised eventually after some years.(sometimes government is needed to jump start economic activities ).
3. My government will partner with genuine companies to establish food stuff processing plants in the respective local governments.
e.t.c

Second phase HUMAN DEVELOPMENT
1. Every government school primary or secondary will be refurbished,painted, new landscaping (to make it learning friendly), fans and lighting of every class room will be solar powered to ensure constant comfortable environment for learning.
2. Government schools feeding program.
3. State university will be equipped to surpass federal universities.
4. Technical colleges will not only be re-equipped, but advanced to start fabricating complex machinery
e.t.c

Third phase PUBLIC WORKS
1. Immediately after assuming office, i will institute a 'City center development authority' (cuz i am seek and tired of seeing our state capitals/"city centers" look like slums), and residential houses will not be allowed in a designated city center. Only commercial builldings will be allowed, like in cities around the world. E.g, government will build residential houses on the outskirts of the city full with landscaping, trees, security, private grocery shops, e.t.c those with houses in the city center will then move to the government residential housing for free, governement will also give atleast N1million compansation. To get its money back, government will then lease the lands/plots of the city center to commercial enterprises willing to build banks, company HQs, commercial buildings e.t.c In a short time, a viable, standard city center will grow, like cities around the world. This will be replicated in all L.G.A's, through there chairmen. Thats why in my government, you either work, or quit. bottom line.

2. To increase government revenue, modern transit buses will be purchased to ply the residential - city center route. Modern bus terminals will be build. All to be managed by the state ministry of transport. (no corruption will be tolerated).
3. Every river in the state will be dammed, either for irrigation or electricity.
4. Public parks will be build in selected areas throughout the state, landscaped, man made lakes, children friendly play gounds, all to be managed by state ministry of environment.
5. Government will seal/close the tops of every open drainage/sewer line.
6. Solar powered street lights and traffic lights in state and L.G.A centers.
7. State wide road marking, signage excersice will be undertaken, whereby the direction to every nook and cranny of the state will be clearly located along the roads.
e.t.c, e.t.c, and many more...

With all these said, i believe each and every state in nigeria is capable of doing the above listed. Its not by magic, its simple sheer determination, and sincere leadership. thats it. And i believe nigeria will surely be a developed country by now if every state would have been doing the above listed since 1999. Thats why am going into politics even though am 24yrs, i just have the zeal to change my state or even L.G.A atleast. We can't continue to languish in underdevelopment.

What would you do if you were the governor of your state? write your ideas below
Re: What Will You Do If You Were The Governor Of Your State? In Terms Of Development by emiye(m): 11:49pm On Jun 24, 2012
Good one, Get Ready to DIE for your cause.

Get it done or DIE trying !

(1) (Reply)

Baraje-led PDP Launches Secretariat In Port-Harcourt / Budget Padding: Jibrin Disowned By 10 Principal Officers / Biafra: EU Parliament Calls For The Immediate Release Of Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.