Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,604 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:31 AM

DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara (34777 Views)

Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station / DPR Gives Fuel Marketers 3 Days To Revert To N87 Pump Price / Fayose Seen Checking Licenses Of Motorists In The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by arsetalks(m): 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
amjoseph19:

Why should I abuse you, is that how lowly you think of me??
1. Our president was asked to have a say on fuel subsidy during his campaign, he contributed by saying saying he doesn't know what fuel subsidy is. Do you still think he now know what subsidy is
2. As a marketer, the 1st and foremost reason or plan is a evade losses. The marketers are doing what all marketers will do.
1. You want to tell us why subsidy has all of sudden more than halved? Remember even when there was a reduction in crude price in the global market, the price never came down under GEJ?

2. What loses are we talking about here? They got money for subsidy or not? What they are hoarding, has been paid for, no one has said they must at all cost import new products. Has anyone?
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by hush15: 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
sochima1989:
Let me remind you here that you are actually making sense but lacking an oversight of this situation..........hoarding is so so wrong and if you are well aware DPR has also issued an ultimatum to conoil and vowed to free sell to the public if they fail to load as agreed when they have this product. I think we should support the fact that business cant be as usual and every bolt in this chain of fuel supply should do the right thing not mak Nigerians suffer.

What ultimatum my brother, forcing people to load fuel at a loss in spite of subsidy and still dashing their fuel for Free?

Think it now, even government that promise to reduce fuel price knows it's not possible at this time cos they themselves are already at a loss. how much more retailers that already at loss. To compound their loss, you now give out their fuel for free.

I handle a filling station and I understand to a large extent the challenges. For 2 weeks now, our tanks are just there at the depots. No fuel to load. I now have 2000 litres as reserved and government wants to give fuel for free. It's not fair. That's not how it is done in advance economy.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
Jabioro:
You are quick to arrive at self , yours volume of reasoning
Can you expatiate? I dont understand your statement...
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
amjoseph19:
Same old buhari, once a dictator always a dictator. The issue of fuel scarcity or price hyped have been going on for over 2 weeks now. But the president have issue no statement concerning it, the self imposed minister of petroleum have said nothing. But if it was to tell the world how much GEJ administration allegedly stole, he won't waste a damn time. His aids, lai mohammed and oshomole would have issue 100 public statement each about it within few hours.
Why harassing those poor marketers, don't beat them with force, beat them with intelligence. Just like GEJ did in the agricultural sector. Take rice for example, No one forced them to sale a bag of rice at a reasonable price even during xmas. he set everything in place that will make you as a marketer impossible to hike your price.
If this is the change I was promised, I will rather have GEJ corruption they wanted the world to believe.

Shatap ur mouth der
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by hizzyairtel(m): 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
arsetalks:
Go to court on what basis? That they are hoarding fuel after collecttin subsidy? What will be their argument in court? Think again.

Shut up if you don't know what to say or type. Importers are the ones entitled to the Subsidy which is not even sure to be paid. Filling Station and small marketers have no business with Subsidy. As I type my company is being owed over 2Billion Subsidy claim. The Debt Management office of FG have issued the Sovereign Debt Note only for the central bank to pay, this is for a fuel importation since january, and the banks will definiteltll me what to do now.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by nobeku: 1:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
amjoseph19:
Same old buhari, once a dictator always a dictator. The issue of fuel scarcity or price hyped have been going on for over 2 weeks now. But the president have issue no statement concerning it, the self imposed minister of petroleum have said nothing. But if it was to tell the world how much GEJ administration allegedly stole, he won't waste a damn time. His aids, lai mohammed and oshomole would have issue 100 public statement each about it within few hours.
Why harassing those poor marketers, don't beat them with force, beat them with intelligence. Just like GEJ did in the agricultural sector. Take rice for example, No one forced them to sale a bag of rice at a reasonable price even during xmas. he set everything in place that will make you as a marketer impossible to hike your price.
If this is the change I was promised, I will rather have GEJ corruption they wanted the world to believe.
Your FOOLERY is from UP ABOVE.. It's God's given..It's awesome and marvelous in our sight..

1 Like

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by hush15: 1:54pm On Nov 24, 2015
arsetalks:
1. You want to tell us why subsidy has all of sudden more than halved? Remember even when there was a reduction in crude price in the global market, the price never came down under GEJ?

2. What loses are we talking about here? They got money for subsidy or not? What they are hoarding, has been paid for, no one has said they must at all cost import new products. Has anyone?

They got money for subsidy but also do not forget, that money is for person and also, it is not the total debt. It's just something to keep the business afloat of which most of it is collected by government again in filing papers to bring in the fuel and pay the traders that we got the fuel from.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by nobeku: 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
amjoseph19:
Your FOOLERY is from UP ABOVE.. It's God's given..It's awesome and marvelous in our sight!!!!!

1 Like

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by lastpage: 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:
I as much as I discourage goading of petroleum products, I condem the action of DPR. This is not constitutional and if the owners of the facility get the mind, they need to go to court and seek redress.

You are very DAFT!

There is a saying in law that "He who must come to EQUITY, must come with Clean Hands"!

When that Petrol station was hoarding the fuel,...l guess there was no constitution back then
When that Station was selling at above price and making extra millions, it was very constitutional, right?
When Nigerians were being made to suffer and queue all day.... that was also constitutional

Now that the criminal is caught, you suddenly remember we have a constitution, right?

Mo.ron!
People like you need to be shot point-blank because you are Saboteurs!

Lastpage!

BTW: We need more of this type of actions... until people begin to respect the laws of the land and put our country's people first.

4 Likes

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by lastpage: 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
hizzyairtel:

Shut up if you don't know what to say or type. Importers are the ones entitled to the Subsidy which is not even sure to be paid. Filling Station and small marketers have no business with Subsidy. As I type my company is being owed over 2Billion Subsidy claim. The Debt Management office of FG have issued the Sovereign Debt Note only for the central bank to pay, this is for a fuel importation since january, and the banks will definiteltll me what to do now.
\

Do the needful then! undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by obiebanks(m): 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2015
This is the kind of CHANGE Nigeria need
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by amjoseph19: 2:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
nobeku:
Your FOOLERY is from UP ABOVE.. It's God's given..It's awesome and marvelous in our sight!!!!!
Is that all. I refused to stoop to your standard. Go to any city main park, you class are their.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by amjoseph19: 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
PUSH1:

Shatap ur mouth der
Ok boss. You can go and masturbate now.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by dustydee: 2:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:
I as much as I discourage goading of petroleum products, I condem the action of DPR. This is not constitutional and if the owners of the facility get the mind, they need to go to court and seek redress.
I agree with you that the action may not be legal but they will be the ultimate loser because even if they win in court, DPR can impose a stiffer penalty on the company for violating its license conditions including revocation of the stations' license.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by nobeku: 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
amjoseph19:

Is that all. I refused to stoop to your standard. Go to any city main park, you class are their.
"you class are their"... STEWPEEED TORCHECUL!!!!!
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by sochima1989(m): 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
i was a filling station supervisor and my brother there is a stipulated price we buy from these marketers and when they hike it we load from others who aint raising price......and we also report such marketers to DPR but all my mails and calls to DPR are never read nor replied not until now.... then i also see a joint conspiracy of some marketers. the only problem they have is the dollar policy and this marketers gets their dollars outside nigeria but choose not to load. less than 10 percent of filling stations in lagos has correct measurement and pricing.......so i feel when it gets to time like this....hoarding is a crime and the government can fine them for such. the legal balance here will fall back to moral stand of business.
hush15:

What ultimatum my brother, forcing people to load fuel at a loss in spite of subsidy and still dashing their fuel for Free?

Think it now, even government that promise to reduce fuel price knows it's not possible at this time cos they themselves are already at a loss. how much more retailers that already at loss. To compound their loss, you now give out their fuel for free.

I handle a filling station and I understand to a large extent the challenges. For 2 weeks now, our tanks are just there at the depots. No fuel to load. I now have 2000 litres as reserved and government wants to give fuel for free. It's not fair. That's not how it is done in advance economy.

1 Like

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Banter1(m): 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
End time wickedness
Is buhari d one that bought it for them
why are they hoarding it?

#EndTimeHoarding
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by deniyor: 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
Illegal action. Hope the fuel stations sue.
We don't live in a dictatorship.

1 Like

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Mbediogu(m): 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
DropShot:
Very nice development. You don't get subsidy from government and refuse to sell.

When are u arriving Imo Airport sir?
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Fearcom(m): 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
When the minister of State for Petroleum was talking, some people here were mocking his words. The petrol stations whose fuel were distributed free CANNOT TALK. People know the right thing to do. They know. They just WON'T DO IT and because they get away with it without any punishment whatsoever, they are confidently doing what they like. I don't think they know who Buhari is$
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by DropShot: 2:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
Mbediogu:

When are u arriving Imo Airport sir?
undecided
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by amjoseph19: 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
nobeku:
"you class are their"... STEWPEEED TORCHECUL!!!!!
"Your class are there"
Hello sir, it was a harmless typo error. But you got the message loud and clear and Keep on displaying your real self to the world.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by ybalogs(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
amjoseph19:
You see your life Wailers gonna wail sha
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Bimpe29: 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
Good for them. I love it.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by ybalogs(m): 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
Fearcom:
When the minister of State for Petroleum was talking, some people here were mocking his words. The petrol stations whose fuel were distributed free CANNOT TALK. People know the right thing to do. They know. They just WON'T DO IT and because they get away with it without any punishment whatsoever, they are confidently doing what they like. I don't think they know who Buhari is$
Abeg make them know ooo
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by ybalogs(m): 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
iyatrustee:
I trust my Naija people! Even person wey want buy 2k worth of fuel go request for fuel tank cheesy

And if na big tank like my own, their own don finish
They were given just 10 litres per vehicle
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by nobeku: 2:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
amjoseph19:

"Your class are there"
Hello sir, it was a harmless typo error. But you got the message loud and clear and Keep on displaying your real self to the world.
BLOODY SON OF A GUN.. You stand no chance contending with me.. I am not your mate on any level..Age wise, financially, exposure wise, INTELLECTUAL etc..You are probably a few years older than my 1st daughter.. So stay put and go and run around your 20 and 30year Olds...BUMFODDER!!!!
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by iyatrustee(f): 2:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
ybalogs:

They were given just 10 litres per vehicle

Oh! okay
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by kokoA(m): 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:
They will also have to tell the Judge why they refused to sell in the first place. The last time I checked hoarding is illegal.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by bangiszz(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
make dem do com osogbo, osun state abeg we d commoners are suffering gidigan
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by anonimi: 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
enigma2007:
I do understand your point of view... However, we have had cases where these retailers are selling beyond the approved pump price(s) and would stop selling in order to sell to black marketers because there is a limit to how they can raise their pump price without people screaming... More lucrative for them to supply black marketers

All that means is there is a huge gap between demand and supply that only PRICE (relatively free market forces) can correct through enticing existing/new investors to increase supply and discourage marginal users thus reducing demand, not so
REGULATING prices or forcing people to sell BELOW their own OPTIMAL price level to ensure their being CONTINUOUSLY in business is a recipe for DISASTER. I cannot repeat this fact enough.
This is basic economics.
Go and learn about Venezuela and North Korea's experience at fixing prices as well as the Nigeria National Supply Company, NNSC fiasco during Buhari's first coming as a DICTATOR, in the era of Essential Commodities aka Essenco, then you may better understand why this is NOT good at all. embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by onyxo76(m): 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
bangiszz:
make dem do com osogbo, osun state abeg
we d commoners are suffering gidigan
still bought at 150/litre here in ile-ife today even with struggle...if this continues, will there be fuel to travel this xmas? i don tire o...already half of my salary has gone into buying fuel this month alone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Commissions 24Km Eket-Etinan Road In Akwa Ibom / Enugu: Asphalting Of Ikpa Road (Nru) In Nsukka (Pictures) / Jonathan Was Not Attacked In Bayelsa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.