Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara (34643 Views)

Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station / DPR Gives Fuel Marketers 3 Days To Revert To N87 Pump Price / Fayose Seen Checking Licenses Of Motorists In The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by mytime24(f): 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
His body odour @wrk

2 Likes

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2015
amjoseph19:
Same old buhari, once a dictator always a dictator. The issue of fuel scarcity or price hyped have been going on for over 2 weeks now. But the president have issue no statement concerning it, the self impose minister of petroleum have said nothing. But if it was to tell the world how much GEJ administration allegedly stole, he won't waste a damn time. His aids, lai mohammed and oshomole would have issue 100 public statement each about it within few hours.
Why harassing those poor marketers, don't beat them with force, beat them with intelligence. Just like GEJ did in the agricultural sector. No one forced them to sale a bag at a reasonable price even during xmas. he set everything in place that will make you as a marketer impossible to hike your price.
If this is the change I was promised, I will rather have GEJ corruption they wanted the world to believe.
How did he do it? That is GEJ's policy
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by DropShot: 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
hush15:

Fuel retailers don't get subsidies. It is bulk importers that get something not the man retailing it to make ends meet.
Hmmm! But they bought from major reseller for selling to the public and not for hoarding. Not so?
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by ndcide(m): 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
High handedness is the word.

1 Like

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by hush15: 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
enigma2007:

So its not criminal to hoard products? Moreover, i don't think that sector is fully deregulated hence why the govt can intervene.

When you want to control hoarding, you don't go to the retailer. You go to the wholesaler who are the marketers that run the depots and fuel farms to make the product available and at the right price.

When you distribute fuel somebody bought for 86 naira excluding lifting charges, for free. How much are Nigerians expect in him to sell after all the running cost. We are not asking the right questions but out of desperation, supporting the wrong deeds. Again, the problem is not the retailer who can't sell below the price he got fuel because he wants to make fuel available to people but government who are not making sure the fuel is in excess supply. If it were me, I won't sell to. I might keep my fuel atleast till I know I can get my returns on investment. Dashing Nigerians fuels is not the way to go. Nigerians will be happy while they killing another set of Nigerians future cos at that rate, a lot of stations wouldn't rather stock up till they are sure of getting what they can sell at the price Nigerians want and if they don't stock up, no salary. No salary means no more work. No work, back to the labour market.

4 Likes

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by blackpriest0911: 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2015
Foolish am joseph 19...Buhari sent a supplementary bill to the National Assembly for the payment of Subsidy to marketers
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by cyprus000: 1:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:
I as much as I discourage goading of petroleum products, I condem the action of DPR. This is not constitutional and if the owners of the facility get the mind, they need to go to court and seek redress.
[size=13pt]
Which kind yeye redress or na bluedress be that.

Under whose authority are they operating. Who gave them licence and who subsidize the petrol..FG

Now, are they in the position to call the shot at the detriment of the masses,when the main boss says otherwise.

Madam. Under section 52,sub section 24 of the 1890 constitution of kind james version. I here by declear your claim unfounded,baseless and striken out of court.

Where this my wooden hammar dey selfgrin
[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by kinglekan: 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:
I as much as I discourage goading of petroleum products, I condem the action of DPR. This is not constitutional and if the owners of the facility get the mind, they need to go to court and seek redress.

Seek redress over what exactly? Its a battle they can't win and wouldn't even bother fighting. Constitutionally they could be fined in million's of naira, which could be more than the value of the petroleum product they were hoarding.

The report states 2300 litres. @100 per ltr the total cost would be N230,000. Why would they want to go to court over that? They would rather be happy they were not slammed with a fine.

2 Likes

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Tmaritas76(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
Keneking:
Great

- 2300 litres of petrol can sustain only 115 vehicles @ 20 litres per/vehicle
- 115 vehicles covering 10 KM per day would use the free fuel for an average of 10 days
- At least 35 vehicles would return to fuel stations by the fifth day...searching for free fuel in other outlets.
- The station would have lost 2,300 * N87 = N200,100 only
- The cost of a trailer of fuel is N2,871,000 only
- There is no loss whatsoever
- A commercial driver can make as much as N25,000 with the free fuel shocked
your analysis is wrong.which kind keke napep are you using that you spend 20litres in 10days
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by enigma2007(m): 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
anonimi:

Government price CONTROLS over something it does not supply ABUNDANTLY itself directly to consumers and users is a recipe for DISASTER.
I tell you that it is only a matter of time before the seeds of cluelessness that Buhari is sowing become even more manifest beyond the current NEGATIVE and declining economic indicators.
Just a matter of time.

Ask yourself, as a businessman how would you react and run your business in an environment of steeply rising costs?
How

I do understand your point of view... However, we have had cases where these retailers are selling beyond the approved pump price(s) and would stop selling in order to sell to black marketers because there is a limit to how they can raise their pump price without people screaming... More lucrative for them to supply black marketers
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by cabaliciouscabal: 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:

Redress ko, Re clothe ni.

Is pple like u dat ar always causing confusion, d minister of state for petroleum, has stated emphatically on national television dat anybody dat hoard fuel will face d consequences of losing dia products to d populace, Wat or ow else do u want him to pass d msg.

U can assist d petrol station to file dia case.

Foooool of d century.

3 Likes

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Jabioro: 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
Keneking:
Great

- 2300 litres of petrol can sustain only 115 vehicles @ 20 litres per/vehicle
- 115 vehicles covering 10 KM per day would use the free fuel for an average of 10 days
- At least 35 vehicles would return to fuel stations by the fifth day...searching for free fuel in other outlets.
- The station would have lost 2,300 * N87 = N200,100 only
- The cost of a trailer of fuel is N2,871,000 only
- There is no loss whatsoever
- A commercial driver can make as much as N25,000 with the free fuel shocked
You are quick to arrive at self , yours volume of reasoning
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by meforyou1(m): 1:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
that filling station should sue DPR immediately. why not force the filling station to sell rather than dashing fuel they bought with money.
nigerians sef. that's why we want biafra and do away with all this nonsense going on in this country
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by arsetalks(m): 1:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:
Go to court on what basis? That they are hoarding fuel after collecttin subsidy? What will be their argument in court? Think again.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by arsetalks(m): 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
meforyou1:
that filling station should sue DPR immediately. why not force the filling station to sell rather than dashing fuel they bought with money.
nigerians sef. that's why we want biafra and do away with all this nonsense going on in this country
Question is, did they collect subsidy from the government at all? And if they are to sue the government, which law or on what basis?
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by osewanu(m): 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
End time wickedness
Is buhari d one that bought it for them

Now I know that you people are really sick upstairs.
Ibe Kachikwu made the order.
Fuel is being subsidized.
They have to sale.
Tribalism has made many of you deranged without reasoning

2 Likes

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by arsetalks(m): 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
End time wickedness
Is buhari d one that bought it for them
Children of hate will never say the truth.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by sochima1989(m): 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
thank God everyone knows you are simply wailing....... you mean say you never hear all the statements wey NNPC and DPR issue? and all your postulations about GEJ strategies are all propaganda cos we had this situation almost every two months in Nigeria year back
amjoseph19:
Same old buhari, once a dictator always a dictator. The issue of fuel scarcity or price hyped have been going on for over 2 weeks now. But the president have issue no statement concerning it, the self impose minister of petroleum have said nothing. But if it was to tell the world how much GEJ administration allegedly stole, he won't waste a damn time. His aids, lai mohammed and oshomole would have issue 100 public statement each about it within few hours.
Why harassing those poor marketers, don't beat them with force, beat them with intelligence. Just like GEJ did in the agricultural sector. No one forced them to sale a bag at a reasonable price even during xmas. he set everything in place that will make you as a marketer impossible to hike your price.
If this is the change I was promised, I will rather have GEJ corruption they wanted the world to believe.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Divinehenrich(m): 1:23pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nice one. Here in Akwa ibom, fuel is still sold at #170 per litre. DPR should also carry out the ministerial directive here.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by enigma2007(m): 1:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
hush15:

When you want to control hoarding, you don't go to the retailer. You go to the wholesaler who are the marketers that run the depots and fuel farms to make the product available and at the right price.

When you distribute fuel somebody bought for 86 naira excluding lifting charges, for free. How much are Nigerians expect in him to sell after all the running cost. We are not asking the right questions but out of desperation, supporting the wrong deeds. Again, the problem is not the retailer who can't sell below the price he got fuel because he wants to make fuel available to people but government who are not making sure the fuel is in excess supply. If it were me, I won't sell to. I might keep my fuel atleast till I know I can get my returns on investment. Dashing Nigerians fuels is not the way to go. Nigerians will be happy while they killing another set of Nigerians future cos at that rate, a lot of stations wouldn't rather stock up till they are sure of getting what they can sell at the price Nigerians want and if they don't stock up, no salary. No salary means no more work. No work, back to the labour market.

I understand.. However, I am not against them selling at whatever price that would enable them to re-couple their running costs but i am against them hoarding the product.

I am a proponent of fully deregulating that sector and the govt should remove the subsidy and let these people compete and the common people have alternatives. Also, all our refineries should be privatized and more built to meet our local demand & supply.

My opinion though
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by cyprus000: 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
meforyou1:
[size=13pt]
If you think biafra will be lawless lyk this babylonians hoarding patrol. Then you are wallowing in the paradise of illusion.

A law was made and punishement was also made known to the parties involve.

some unscrupulous air head,decided to flunt the law and make the masses suffer. And you expect any sane and civil country to telorate that kind of hogwash.

Stop wanking on bullshitt.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by arsetalks(m): 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2015
amjoseph19:
You people are just a disgrace and would never say the truth.

Let me ask you,

1. Did the marketers collect subsidy and refuse to sell?

2. Is what the marketers doing making the situation of the nation worst or not?

Why do you all because of hate for one man refuse to acknowledge the good he does? Before GEJ left, was there fuel scarcity or not? Did he do anything tangible to lesen the pain of you and I?

Learn to say the truth. It won't hurt you.

Now go on and haurle abuses at me as expected.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Yahami(m): 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by sochima1989(m): 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
Let me remind you here that you are actually making sense but lacking an oversight of this situation..........hoarding is so so wrong and if you are well aware DPR has also issued an ultimatum to conoil and vowed to free sell to the public if they fail to load as agreed when they have this product. I think we should support the fact that business cant be as usual and every bolt in this chain of fuel supply should do the right thing not mak Nigerians suffer.
hush15:

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by dantori(m): 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2015
Lucialovely:
grin grin please there should try it in my state

we shall be willing and eager to go to your state, which state is that?
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Lucialovely(f): 1:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
dantori:

we shall be willing and eager to go to your state, which state is that?
Delta
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by j4sure(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
Payback time yes oooooooooooo

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by amjoseph19: 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2015
arsetalks:
You people are just a disgrace and would never say the truth.

Let me ask you,

1. Did the marketers collect subsidy and refuse to sell?

2. Is what the marketers doing making the situation of the nation worst or not?

Why do you all because of hate for one man refuse to acknowledge the good he does? Before GEJ left, was there fuel scarcity or not? Did he do anything tangible to lesen the pain of you and I?

Learn to say the truth. It won't hurt you.

Now go on and haurle abuses at me as expected.
Why should I abuse you, is that how lowly you think of me??
1. Our president was asked to have a say on fuel subsidy during his campaign, he contributed by saying saying he doesn't know what fuel subsidy is. Do you still think he now know what subsidy is
2. As a marketer, the 1st and foremost reason or plan is a evade losses. The marketers are doing what all marketers will do.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by hush15: 1:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
DropShot:

Hmmm! But they bought from major reseller for selling to the public and not for hoarding. Not so?

Look at it like this:

Capital Oil is a major oil marketer. He imports fuel in massive volumes. He also get subsidy for his importation depending on agreement with NNPC. Also the are into tank farms and run an oil depot. So apart from helping government to import often times, he also takes some to his tank farms to sell at his depots. Based on calculations from prevailing market rate and what he able to get from NNPC, decides to sell his fuel at 84 naira. I, a retailer, now goes to Capital Oil to by fuel at 84 naira. Pay a loading expense of 30,000 naira which is to fill form and all the wahala required by government.. Pay trip allowance of 10, 000 per personnel attached to a touch and they usually 3 atleast to assist the driver. These is apart from their salary. For retailers who don't have trucks, they go to truck owners, pay for the fuel, plus loading expense of 30,000 and the truck owners collect atleast 2 naira for every litre carried based on how many litres carried. Back to those with truck, truck maintenance alone is hefty already.

When we look at all these, the cost of delivery to station is about 88 naira and that's still trying to be reasonable. Now tell me, if government is insisting I sell for 87 naira and am thinking, even if I manage to sell, knowing the price is not going to reduce any time as long as government is not working on supply and should I go back to Capital Oil, he might even increase it to 86 naira also because of the increased cost of making fuel available at his own side too.

Is it not better I keep some back till am sure it's a little stable and know my next fuel lift, I won't run into another loss.

I know of someone who bought two tanks of 90 000 litres only for government to immediately reduce price from 97 to 87.... how do you expect business to keep up
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:

E be like say nah your petrol station.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by hizzyairtel(m): 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
This is a wrong move by the DPR, its unjust and unconstitutional. 2300 Litres is just a small quantity.
If a marketer or a filling Station decides to keep that quantity in its bunker, its not Bad. Perhaps, the owner or manager of that station knows they won't be having fuel in another lenghty period. So do you mean by that time, Imagine you having a filling station and still looking foir fuel. 2300 might be a huge number. But 2300 litres isn't too much to reserve. Besides, DPR isn't doing what they are supposed to be doing.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by DjAduba(m): 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
Up PMB ....
Those who want to sabotage the effort of this administration shall surely fail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prince Charles Said “Naija No Dey Carry Last" (video) / Thugs Disrupt Osun Crossover Party, Governor Oyetola Ferried To Safety / Andrew Uchendu Declared Senator, Rivers East Senatorial District By Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.