Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara (34644 Views)

Fuel Sold N139 At Calabar Filling Station As Motorists Storm Station / DPR Gives Fuel Marketers 3 Days To Revert To N87 Pump Price / Fayose Seen Checking Licenses Of Motorists In The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by anonimi: 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
Fearcom:
When the minister of State for Petroleum was talking, some people here were mocking his words. The petrol stations whose fuel were distributed free CANNOT TALK. People know the right thing to do. They know. They just WON'T DO IT and because they get away with it without any punishment whatsoever, they are confidently doing what they like. I don't think they know who Buhari is$

We know who Buhari is- a FAILED dictator with no sense for economic fundamentals.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/13/us-venezuela-food-idUSKCN0QI28D20150813

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/2015/apr/16/venezuela-economy-black-market-milk-and-toilet-paper

http://www.capx.co/the-dark-side-of-price-controls-in-venezuela/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by ihatesycophant(m): 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:
I as much as I discourage goading of petroleum products, I condem the action of DPR. This is not constitutional and if the owners of the facility get the mind, they need to go to court and seek redress.
Ignorance is a disease. No law empowers anyone to hoard PMS but there's power that forbids hoard of product to the detriment of the masses.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by amjoseph19: 3:38pm On Nov 24, 2015
nobeku:
BLOODY SON OF A GUN.. You stand no chance contending with me.. I am not your mate on any level..Age wise, financially, exposure wise, INTELLECTUAL etc..You are probably a few years older than my 1st daughter.. So stay put and go and run around your 20 and 30year Olds...BUMFODDER!!!!
I told you that your type can be located in any main park in city. You keep proving me right each time you reply.
You don't know me one bit, you don't even know my first and you keep bragging of how you are financially buoyant than me, how you are richer than bill gate, how your youngest kid is older than methuselah.
Permit me to say, this behaviors are typical of a motor park tout.
Grow up man.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by enigma2007(m): 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
anonimi:

All that means is there is a huge gap between demand and supply that only PRICE (relatively free market forces) can correct through enticing existing/new investors to increase supply and discourage marginal users thus reducing demand, not so
REGULATING prices or forcing people to sell BELOW their own OPTIMAL price level to ensure their being CONTINUOUSLY in business is a recipe for DISASTER. I cannot repeat this fact enough.
This is basic economics.
Go and learn about Venezuela and North Korea's experience at fixing prices as well as the Nigeria National Supply Company, NNSC fiasco during Buhari's first coming as a DICTATOR, in the era of Essential Commodities aka Essenco, then you may better understand why this is NOT good at all. embarassed embarassed

Good.. The question for me: would our people allow the government to fully deregulate the downstream sector? or remove subsidy or sell the refineries?

These will open up the sector for investment(s) from existing and new investors.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by ihatesycophant(m): 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
hush15:

When you want to control hoarding, you don't go to the retailer. You go to the wholesaler who are the marketers that run the depots and fuel farms to make the product available and at the right price.

When you distribute fuel somebody bought for 86 naira excluding lifting charges, for free. How much are Nigerians expect in him to sell after all the running cost. We are not asking the right questions but out of desperation, supporting the wrong deeds. Again, the problem is not the retailer who can't sell below the price he got fuel because he wants to make fuel available to people but government who are not making sure the fuel is in excess supply. If it were me, I won't sell to. I might keep my fuel atleast till I know I can get my returns on investment. Dashing Nigerians fuels is not the way to go. Nigerians will be happy while they killing another set of Nigerians future cos at that rate, a lot of stations wouldn't rather stock up till they are sure of getting what they can sell at the price Nigerians want and if they don't stock up, no salary. No salary means no more work. No work, back to the labour market.

Hoarding of fuel is illegal even to the last consumer. If DPR or police or NSCDC discovered you're hoarding fuel in your home, they're at the liberty to come to your home and take away the fuel and at the same time charge you to court let alone a wholesaler/retailer outlets under stringent law to dispense fuel to the public as they're supplied. Even without the minister of state heralding the message that no one should hoard fuel, they themselves know they are not at liberty to hoard fuel in any disguise let alone in this trying times of fuel scarcity. If it is just about 1000 liters, they may claim is for the office lighting and upkeep but to the tone of 2000.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by MCRUEMUS: 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
pls petroleum minister come to Warri and Ughelli. all d stations here have fuel 'pms' still we buy at #180. DPR staffs own most of the filling stations here so they are not ready to enforce the order hence this call. They sell only in the morning and evening
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
This has absolutely nothing to do with the nigerian constitution! This is about the down stream sector petroleum laws and regulation... if you get subsidized fuel from the federal government you are NOT allowed to hoard it - plain and simple!

All the fuel sold in Nigerian petrol stations are all subsidized fuel!

Berrylite:
I as much as I discourage goading of petroleum products, I condem the action of DPR. This is not constitutional and if the owners of the facility get the mind, they need to go to court and seek redress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
free2ryhme:
Make dem come Lagos,

Na for bush them go dey get power
He don happen 4 lagos na, na 4 ikorodu rd he happen. Just pray I wud be there get my own share.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by bromama675: 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
With oil price plummeting at less than $50 per barrel. This directionless govt. with very high level of impunity and dis-regard for the rule of law.
You can only see things in of this manner in Anarchy. Buhari has failed the electorate. The clauses in the issuing license given to marketers requires a fine after investigation report is out.
What are the right actions:
- Ensure this station sales at regulated price
- Sue the said station to court and let the rule of law take its course.
- Ensure the man pays for his crime. In this way he becomes a convict with punishments.

Note: I do not support hoarding in any way.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by free2ryhme: 4:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
adeyinka007:

He don happen 4 lagos na, na 4 ikorodu rd he happen. Just pray I wud be there get my own share.

How e happen and we no hear?
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Fadahunsi(m): 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:
Court for what?? Not after being paid subsidy by the government.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by nobeku: 4:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
amjoseph19:

I told you that my type can be located in any main park in city.l keep proving you right each time I reply.
You don't know me one bit, you don't even know my first and you keep showing me how you are financially buoyant than me,which I agree to and how you are richer than bill gates, how my father is older than methuselah.
Permit me to say, this behavior of mine are typical of a motor park tout.
I need to Grow up man.
TORCHECUL, I understand..
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by prettydynamic: 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2015
Well done DPR , this is a very good innovation that will help reduce scarcity in the long run. Petrol Stations keep hoarding fuel to sell later on at exorbitant rates.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by bashydemy(m): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:
You see them, They keep complaining about scarcity of fuel and blaming PMB, But they never talk about those that are making life difficult for the common man..

I supported them whole heatedly.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by bashydemy(m): 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
End time wickedness
Is buhari d one that bought it for them
OMG when will you wailers stop this nonsense? Na PMB give the order of Kachikwu? Mind you we are complaining of fuel scarcity but some are hoarding the fuel make common man go through hell everyday instead of selling the fuel and mind you that alone is corruption...
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by gotousa2013: 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
im sorry this cowbow approach will not address the root cause of fuel scarcity...
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by bashydemy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
amjoseph19:
Same old buhari, once a dictator always a dictator. The issue of fuel scarcity or price hyped have been going on for over 2 weeks now. But the president have issue no statement concerning it, the self imposed minister of petroleum have said nothing. But if it was to tell the world how much GEJ administration allegedly stole, he won't waste a damn time. His aids, lai mohammed and oshomole would have issue 100 public statement each about it within few hours.
Why harassing those poor marketers, don't beat them with force, beat them with intelligence. Just like GEJ did in the agricultural sector. Take rice for example, No one forced them to sale a bag of rice at a reasonable price even during xmas. he set everything in place that will make you as a marketer impossible to hike your price.
If this is the change I was promised, I will rather have GEJ corruption they wanted the world to believe.
You dey mad you this foolish boy, You and your likes are blaiming the President for scarcity of fuel but mind you fuel no scarce, Fuel is everywhere but those greedy marketers are hoarding it to make life difficult for common man.... I support the Minister for this. Nonsense.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by bashydemy(m): 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
anonimi:

Will Buhari CONTINUE to give FREE things that investors/entrepreneurs/businesses PAID dearly for
This is economic DISASTER loading as it was under Buhari 30 years ago with his clueless acts.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2191699_bc5fu8aevkci_jpeg7fd60ed9cdeded70e187b8a2c1fd9480

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306
SHut up oga, Why are the businessmen and te investors make life difficult for the citizen? They hoard fuel and making life difficult for the masses.... And for you supporting them, No wonder MTN and the rest are flaunting our order in the past, This is a new era and is not business as usual.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by bashydemy(m): 6:15pm On Nov 24, 2015
basilo101:
Buhari lacks the diplomacy to resolve disagreements. He is unfit for democratic government
Your father that does nit lack diplomacy but cannot govern over his house and make you come here to rant.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by dantori(m): 6:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
Lucialovely:
Delta

expect us there soon and You'll help by giving us filling stations you sure is hoarding OK

1 Like

Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by johnsonjosbles(m): 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
Berrylite:
mad beast everywhere, u must be mad. Saigudu maigudu, if u don't want nigeria to Progress, move to togo.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Seunjungle(m): 11:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
I know some people will be dissatisfied about this movement! Why hoarding while you have it within your capacity and people are seriously looking for it to get with their money not FREE? We are the one suffering for it and at the same time we are the one condemning Fed.Gov for the act it took. Poverty gives people bad idea!
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by mindtricks: 12:28am On Nov 25, 2015
More like jungle justice or mob action, taking the law into their own hands, like a military regime .

Where lies rule of law or due process in this?

Where did govt derive such power from?
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by janco: 7:28am On Nov 25, 2015
You cannot use illegality to strive on illegaliy.
The Mandate and law establishing DPR does not give them the right to disburse fuel free.

That is like a policeman shooting someone before he is proven guilty.

This country should follow due process in laws
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Wiseadams(m): 9:04am On Nov 25, 2015

u are a fool for this comment because if u are a good Nigeria u don't mean more law to enforce thing to happen also if u go to other company u people will maintain urself.abi
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by marv1: 9:23am On Nov 25, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
End time wickedness
Is buhari d one that bought it for them
But u will still blame Buhari for the fuel scarcity eventhough he was not the one that gave the order. U can not satisfy nigerians. Complains here and there.
Re: DPR Gives Out FREE Fuel To Motorists In Kwara by Alhikmah13: 9:52am On Nov 25, 2015
let just pray for the best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Andrew Uchendu Declared Senator, Rivers East Senatorial District By Tribunal / Thugs Disrupt Osun Crossover Party, Governor Oyetola Ferried To Safety / Labour Party Campaign Rally In Taraba State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.