Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi (39858 Views)

PDP Protests In Tai As INEC Boss Refuse To Conduct Fresh Election In Tai / Man Set On Fire At PDP Primary In Abia (Pics) / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Trioxocarbonate: 8:42pm On Nov 24, 2015
Treash:
Dis is just a plan to unseat the Christians in Kogi Governorship seat. Wats wrong if S. 188 of the Constitution is invoked? That section of the Constitution says in the light of death by any person, the deputy shld replace him. Religions.... Kai

MEILYN:
Ola nee oo... An average Igala house hold is occupied by muslims and christians and they live together peacefully. In fact, I know so many Igala people that go to church and mosque at the same time.

BALLOSKI:
as if all Igala people did not cry when Stephen Achema, an Igala Christian died. To cap it all, attah is a traditionalist. If Igala play religion, ocholi won't enjoy their total support.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by GoodGovernance: 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2015
adaweezy:

Bello/Faleke

Correct. Or any other person that contested the earlier primary,not fresh primary!

Any other ticket cannot be supported either by the electoral act or the constitution.By virtue of the provisions of the electoral act,Faleke cannot contest for governorship because he never partook in any primary election!

FALEKE CAN ONLY REPLACE AN ELECTED GOVERNOR ,AS A DEPUTY GOVERNOR, WHICH HE IS NONE YET!FOR NOW HE IS A RUNNING MATE!

1 Like

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Trioxocarbonate: 8:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
Treash:

Sory, i meant S. 181. It applies to same senario.

You this religion bigot, you are still here.

Shame on you.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Consultville(m): 8:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
That's the only way out
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by adaweezy(m): 8:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
GoodGovernance:

Any other ticket cannot be supported either by the electoral act or the constitution.By virtue of the provisions of the electoral act,Faleke cannot contest for governorship because he never partook in any primary election!

FALEKE CAN ONLY REPLACE AN ELECTED GOVERNOR ,AS A DEPUTY GOVERNOR, WHICH HE IS NOT YET!
Bello participated in the Primaries so he is qualified
Faleke remains dep-governor and unless you have Judicial authorities please dont quote me

1 Like

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Jonwesley(m): 8:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
tempem:

it's not about being brilliant. . You're also reasonable.

What is brilliant or reasonable in what he said that you are praising him for? Rubbish.

Faleke was not and never participated in the primary election. He was just handpicked to be deputy. How can somebody who never participated in a primary election and who was handpicked to deputize the governor in a inconclusive election take over the dead man's position of governorship position?

He therefore cannot step into Audu's position despite them being in a joint ticket. Okay? Otherwise U want PDP to upturn things against APC in the court as being canvassed in Taraba state. It's either a new primary election is done or any of those who contested the primary with Audu is picked to replace him. If Faleke has strength and popularity he should test himself. Bello by his actions to support Wada after he lost yo Audu has wasted this opportunity. Ocholi based on APC arrangements has a brighter chance in the new primary election. He being a minister already fits better for APC.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by GoodGovernance: 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2015
adaweezy:

Bello participated in the Primaries so he is qualified
Faleke remains dep-governor and unless you have Judicial authorities please dont quote me

Bros are we not on the same page? You've only confirmed my submission.However,Faleke is not a deputy governor,but according to the constitution, a running mate

1 Like

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by confluence: 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
you must be a silly he goat, that is what your people do all over here i am from kogi too
MEILYN:
You must be an I.diot for saying a whole tribe with millions of people is selfish. I am Igala and I see nothing wrong with Faleke becoming the next governor of Kogi state and I know a lot of Igalas think that way too.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by tempem: 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
Jonwesley:

What is brilliant or reasonable in what he said that you are praising him for?

Faleke was not and never participated in the primary election. He was just handpicked to be deputy.

He therefore cannot step into Audu's position despite them being in a joint ticket. Okay? Otherwise U want PDP to upturn things against APC as being canvassed in Taraba state. It's either a new primary election is done or any of those who contested the primary with Audu is picked to replace him.
I've said mine.. NA you know... Period..
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by oweman: 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
Is that what the constitution of Nigeria say ?
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by scholes0(m): 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
In what LGAS will supplementary elections be conducted?

I dont see the Igalas overturning the deficit, even if APC choses Faleke or a new Ebira candidate.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by brossam2001(m): 9:00pm On Nov 24, 2015
Just thinking aloud....what if the next person that succeed audu dies also a day to the election
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by nobeku: 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
James Faleke should go to court. I'm sure the SC will nullify the said primary election. The EA never give room for conduct of primary during election. James Faleke should be the substantive candidate of APC.
Abegi diffuse from here.. Now, na you Sabi pass the Attorney General of the Federation...GASBAG!

1 Like

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by besthabib: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
Yahaya Bello should replace Audu. He is the rightful person for Audu's replacement. EBIRAS MUST RULE!!!

1 Like

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Oklander: 9:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
dustmalik:

Yahaya Bello messed up big time. His kinsmen are very angry with him right now. He actually made it known that he was going to support Wada, and even made money available for that purpose
So as it is now, you would prefer any other candidate from another region to fair plus?
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by tpiadotcom: 9:18pm On Nov 24, 2015
If this issue is not handled well, everything that has been happening till now will be child's play compared to what will happen.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by dasoul(m): 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2015
dustmalik:

I also don't think it's possible to conduct primaries while there is already an ongoing election. I don't believe this news
I think the case met the legal
doctrine of quod est necessarium est licitum, that which
is necessary is legal.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by wonderfulman(m): 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2015
Buhari is not fair to Ebira People.It is unfair to have APC minister from Dekina the hometown of Wada without giving Ebira people a single position. Must we say that Buhari hate Ebira people.
APC should be rejected totally by True Ebira son and daughter if it failed to substitute Audu with Yahaya Bello for the rerun election comes up December 5
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by UncleJudax(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
englishmart:
enough of this kogi state matter abeg. Make person drink water drop cup joor
As if Governors de do anything. Wada, Yahaya, Audu, Faleke all na same shitt.

No matter who wins, Lokoja, Ajakuta, Okene etc go still be d same.

See youths de worry about the next old man to suck Kogi dry. Terribly sickening.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by billyG(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
kahal29:

I share your sentiments but can't he pardoned? Life is funny no wonder they say patience is a virture cos the patient dog eats the fattest bone.
Which kind pardon all those political prostitute,2face jackal shld b tought a bitter lession,apc is not pdp wher anything goes,bello cannt eat his cake & hav it back.

1 Like

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by viktagorion: 9:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
James Faleke should go to court. I'm sure the SC will nullify the said primary election. The EA never give room for conduct of primary during election. James Faleke should be the substantive candidate of APC.
James Faleke did not participate in the primaries, he is a mere appendage. On what ground will he be asking the court for a nullification when the Courts, INEC and the Electoral Act gives political parties the latitude to choose and substitute candidates in the event of death? The fact that the election was inconclusive makes his case rather unfortunate. He may still be retained as the deputy governorship candidate. He should be well guided.

1 Like

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by abdulo4real: 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2015
akindap07:
You mean to pick "who's next to diee"
what is this one saying.....
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by cbrass(m): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Acidosis:

I'm from Kogi state. I can tell you that over 90% of Igala people hate Okun tribe and the Ebira people.

An Average Igala man will give his mandate to a STONE with Igala origin before considering the Okuns and the Ebiras.

They have the Minister, They have Wada, They had Audu. They've ruled for 16 years, Okun man ruled for 3 months, Ebira man 0 second.

Whoever nominates another Igala gubernatorial candidate in Kogi state will drop dead mysteriously! His or Her death would be gladly celebrated by ME.

The era of born to rule is over. It is either they shift the mantle to Faleke or Yahaya Bello (Ebira).

I thought they said yahaya Bello misbehaved after he lost the APC guber ticket. But why are Igalas like that?
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Baboo13(m): 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
APC may shoot themselves in the foot with this primaries, with PDP lying in wait

They should either choose Faleke, or the 2nd placed person in the primaries, both are legally part of the election process from the start.

Cos what PDP can do if APC choose a different candidate is to wait for the election end, go to the tribunal, and base their case on the grounds that APC had primaries during an election, and all APC's votes will be wasted.

Similar to with what happened in Taraba

Don't be quick to forget
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by livero123(m): 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2015
Never will an ebira rule kogi.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by nickxtra(m): 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
Good one from APC. Teaching PDP how to play intra party politics, in order not to hurt others

1 Like

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by lifefaith(m): 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2015
kahal29:
In the light of the new development. I think Yahaya bello should replace Audu since he came second in the primaries to avoid any legal loophole the other parties might want to exploit. For the Igala's they already have a minister in the person of ocholi who happens to come from the same Dekina LGA with wada, the okuns have the deputy in the person of faleke while the Ebira's will now be allowed to produce the Governor. I think this will balance things in the state. In addittion, to appease the Igala's the more maybe they should also be allowed to produce the speaker while the okun's will produce the deputy speaker of the house of assembly.

[color=#990000][/color]

U forgot DAT Egbira has the speaker position until 2019?
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Treash(m): 10:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
Trioxocarbonate:

You this religion bigot, you are still here.
Shame on you.
Shame on your fada.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by chinchum(m): 10:33pm On Nov 24, 2015
Abiodun Faleke deserves to be the new gubernatorial candidate, INEC did not ask for a replacement from the APC primaries. Faleke was on a joint ticket with audu as a RUNNING MATE / better half
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Trioxocarbonate: 10:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
Treash:

Shame on your fada.

Shame on your entire linage.

Trying to cause religion disharmony when non exist.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Emefiele, Adeosun, Dangote At Burial Of Adesina's Father-in-law (Pics) / Lauretta Onochie Shades Dino Melaye Over Kogi Election / Witnesses Absent As INEC Defence Of Tinubu’s Victory Starts On Shaky Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.