Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:26 AM

APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi (40105 Views)

PDP Protests In Tai As INEC Boss Refuse To Conduct Fresh Election In Tai / Man Set On Fire At PDP Primary In Abia (Pics) / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by BALLOSKI: 9:15am On Nov 25, 2015
Jetland:

when were you bought from d Zoo?
A more better zoo than where your parents were bought from.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by adaweezy(m): 9:57am On Nov 25, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Nop.

There was an agreement for power shift come 2020.
With who ? If Igalas produce another person do you think the person will serve only one term ?
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by adaweezy(m): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Remember that there will be precedent. I will see how faleke can be prevented.

The mandate belongs to APC not Audu grin

Why James Faleke Cant be the APC Governorship Candidate
"In my candid opinion, those who are calling for a fresh party primary and statewide governorship election thereafter needs to factor in the provision of Section 178 (2) of the 1999 constitution (as amended) which says election to the office of the governor should be held not earlier than 150 days and not later than 30 days. Wada was sworn in as Kogi State Governor on January 31, 2012 and as things stand, INEC may not have the wherewithal to conduct a fresh election throughout the state within the next one month left for it to do so. For those pushing the joint ticket argument, Audu alone ran in the party primary while his running mate was nominated by him or his party after he emerged victorious at the intra-party election. Meanwhile, for a person to be a candidate of the party under our extant laws, particularly Section 87 of the Electoral Act 2010, as amended, he must have participated in all the stages of the nomination processes. That is, he must have undergone the party primary. Faleke unfortunately did not undergo primary with Audu. To my own mind, the cost and time-saving thing to do by the APC and INEC is for the party to nominate the first runner up to be its candidate while INEC should go ahead to conclude the election by holding supplementary poll in the 91 polling units where election could not hold or was cancelled. Meanwhile, it is not the first time INEC had declared election inconclusive and went ahead to conduct a supplementary election. It happened in the governorship election in Ekiti State in 2009, Imo State in 2011 and 2015 to mention but a few.
Last line, it is now imperative for political parties to ask for certificate of medical fitness from their candidates before they are nominated to INEC to run elections. Perhaps, that will guard against what happened with former President Umaru Yar’Adua and now Abubakar Audu".
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Nazirano(m): 10:23am On Nov 25, 2015
dustmalik:

I'm Ebira. I just don't support treachery.
u re a bastard, nt a true son of ebira land, provide us with ur prove dat yahaya bello was involved in anti party activities, or shut up, cos a true son wouldn't b doing all u re doin nw.

1 Like

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by ipreach: 11:04am On Nov 25, 2015
Audu has done the major work already, the man that is coming thereafter in his place is coming to enjoy what he did not sow
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by TheAdvocate(m): 11:58am On Nov 25, 2015
Bobbystanley:
Time for Wada to decamp to APC.

You know,Our politicians can do anything to remain in the Corridors of power

But I would suggest the give Yahaya Bello the ticket since he was second in the last Primary election in which Audu won instead of wasting time, energy and resources conducting a new primary election.

The Electoral Act 2011 provides for how primaries must be conducted. It's not just that simple as yu said.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by barcaboi(m): 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
ralphblac:
sorry instead of faleke we will give it to Bello,their plan for killing Audu will not work.God willing.
stop pointing fingers...same way dey said they wanted to kill Buhari....abegi
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by FemiFaniKayode: 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
adaweezy:

Time for primaries has passed

wetin u sabi about politics.
enter kitchen go pound yam for me my friend
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by FemiFaniKayode: 12:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Remember that there will be precedent. I will see how faleke can be prevented.

The mandate belongs to APC not Audu grin

O boy mind ur biz and face ya dead party.

Nurse Bastardnista
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Treash(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
Trioxocarbonate:

Shame on your entire linage.

Trying to cause religion disharmony when non exist.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Until dey start to invade houses for religious reason befor ur head tell u its religious war?? Fooollllllll....
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by 1miccza: 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
Why are they only conducting primaries why won't they conduct Secondaries?
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by adaweezy(m): 3:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:

wetin u sabi about politics.
enter kitchen go pound yam for me my friend
ODE am not a lady(Cant you see Male or M)
thats what Danjuma said about Aisha Alhassan.... Where is he today.....
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
pus22:
Inec can not declear the election inclucusive because it was just maths calculation.

The claim that kogi state is not that populated is nonsense. It wilis only half a million

Kogi state population is more than 4 million. Half a million is just 13% of the population

Exactly. And kogi state is huge. I think they shld split d 3 major tribes into states. The state is bigger dn anambra, imo, enugu, ebonyi combined. The okun local govts, who have bn crying for statehood for a long time so they can join d SW region, is bigger dn so many states, even lagos state.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by tpiadotcom: 3:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
why do some folks always feel people in other regions want to join them because of ethnicity?

doesn't make sense at all.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
tpiadotcom:
why do some folks always feel people in other regions want to join them because of ethnicity?

doesn't make sense at all.

It really doesnt. Except those pple actually WANT TO JOIN THEM because OF ETHNICITY. Which d okun people do. The okun people are d only ones dt have a right to make dt decision. Most yorubas in other areas could care less. Most of them dont even know there are some yorubas in kogi state cos the okuns were never under d old western region.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by tpiadotcom: 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
janellemonae:

It really doesnt. Except those pple actually WANT TO JOIN THEM because OF ETHNICITY. Which d okun people do. The okun people are d only ones dt have a right to make dt decision. Most yorubas in other areas could care less. Most of them dont even know there are some yorubas in kogi state cos the okuns were never under d old western region.

Kogi is not the same as Delta state where all the tribes share a common culture and origin/s despite their differences.

Kogi tribes have different cultures and do not share ethnicity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan & His Wife Patience Visit Site Of Collapsed Building In Rivers / Fulani Group Rejects Miyetti Allah’s Comments On Obi / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode Record Landslide Victory At Polling Units - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.