Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,415 members, 7,958,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:59 AM

APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi (40117 Views)

PDP Protests In Tai As INEC Boss Refuse To Conduct Fresh Election In Tai / Man Set On Fire At PDP Primary In Abia (Pics) / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by mrodogu: 10:52pm On Nov 24, 2015
Acidosis:

I'm from Kogi state. I can tell you that over 90% of Igala people hate Okun tribe and the Ebira people.

An Average Igala man will give his mandate to a STONE with Igala origin before considering the Okuns and the Ebiras.

They have the Minister, They have Wada, They had Audu. They've ruled for 16 years, Okun man ruled for 3 months, Ebira man 0 second.

Whoever nominates another Igala gubernatorial candidate in Kogi state will drop dead mysteriously! His or Her death would be gladly celebrated by ME.

The era of born to rule is over. It is either they shift the mantle to Faleke or Yahaya Bello (Ebira).
this is democracy, we never denied you guys from contesting, politics is a game of numbers
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Sant1m: 10:56pm On Nov 24, 2015
I was livid when i read that the APC will conduct a fresh primary in Kogi, even after INEC had given them lee way to replace Audu. I wondered, why not pick Falake atleast on morality ground or Yahaya Bello on legal grounds. You can see my angst when none of these played out. Eventually after going through the post of those from Kogi, it dawned on me that Igala is the predominant tribe and since Kogi play tribal politics to the core, APC may be right in their plan for a fresh primary.
APC must ve considered that wether they pick Falake or Bello the courts may likely order for a fresh poll if PDP files a petition, exploiting the obvious legal pot holes( Falake"non participation in primaries").
The egg heads in APC may have therefore looked beyond now with a possible rerun in mind. Since neither Falake(Okun) and Bello(Ebira) are from Igala, any rerun against Wada next year will definitely be lost. Therefore they may ve reasoned that it was best to throw up through a primary an Igala to pair Falake, incase a rerun is ordered by the courts. Atleast by than Wada would ve ceased to be Gov. and the state will be under APC going into the rerun. If this won't backfire, i don't know.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Jetland(m): 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
BALLOSKI:
what do u know? Field an Igala-igala ticket and it'll fly. Igala is being fair by giving you the seat of deputy governor. You don't know what Igala people went through in plateau, Kwara and Benue.
when were you bought from d Zoo?
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Jetland(m): 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2015
BALLOSKI:
what do u know? Field an Igala-igala ticket and it'll fly. Igala is being fair by giving you the seat of deputy governor. You don't know what Igala people went through in plateau, Kwara and Benue.
when were you bought from d Zoo?
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by toshmann(m): 11:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
kahal29:
In the light of the new development. I think Yahaya bello should replace Audu since he came second in the primaries to avoid any legal loophole the other parties might want to exploit. For the Igala's they already have a minister in the person of ocholi who happens to come from the same Dekina LGA with wada, the okuns have the deputy in the person of faleke while the Ebira's will now be allowed to produce the Governor. I think this will balance things in the state. In addittion, to appease the Igala's the more maybe they should also be allowed to produce the speaker while the okun's will produce the deputy speaker of the house of assembly.

No word on competence or merit. All about who come from where.

Not blaming the poster but just bemoaning what Naija has become.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by barcaboi(m): 12:54am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
James Faleke should go to court. I'm sure the SC will nullify the said primary election. The EA never give room for conduct of primary during election. James Faleke should be the substantive candidate of APC.
if u watched the debate on channels; faleke will be slammed with a law suit by opposition since he ddnt go thru primaries outrightly. Audu did....the best is they put him thru some dummy primary and declare him winner
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by FemiFaniKayode: 1:34am On Nov 25, 2015
What APC intends to do is do an internal consensus primaries that throws Faleke up as Gov candidate giving him legitimacy then appoint a deputy from Igala.
what the AGF said was APC should substitute so whatever method they want to use is solely theirs and legally binding.

Good one from APC NEC now let the serious politicking begin
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by tpiadotcom: 3:50am On Nov 25, 2015
this whole thing is a set up.

Yorubas are at the receiving end while being under the illusion they are beneficiaries.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by slimgold123(f): 3:55am On Nov 25, 2015
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by justmenoni: 5:14am On Nov 25, 2015
Because Fashola knows they will surely win in lagos and they are at the helms of affairs at the federal level and he still has an ambition so you see it's a different case entire.

quote author=olatunji21 post=40366458]
I don't think he should be pardoned... This would serve as a deterrent to all other erring members...It is a common knowledge that Fashola was never in support of Ambode's nomination, yet he tour the length and breadth of Lagos with this same Akinwunmi Ambode... That's Loyalty...[/quote]
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 25, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
kahal29:
In the light of the new development. I think Yahaya bello should replace Audu since he came second in the primaries to avoid any legal loophole the other parties might want to exploit. For the Igala's they already have a minister in the person of ocholi who happens to come from the same Dekina LGA with wada, the okuns have the deputy in the person of faleke while the Ebira's will now be allowed to produce the Governor. I think this will balance things in the state. In addittion, to appease the Igala's the more maybe they should also be allowed to produce the speaker while the okun's will produce the deputy speaker of the house of assembly.

hmn
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by adaweezy(m): 6:46am On Nov 25, 2015
FemiFaniKayode:
What APC intends to do is do an internal consensus primaries that throws Faleke up as Gov candidate giving him legitimacy then appoint a deputy from Igala.
what the AGF said was APC should substitute so whatever method they want to use is solely theirs and legally binding.

Good one from APC NEC now let the serious politicking begin
Time for primaries has passed
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Alphaoscar: 6:47am On Nov 25, 2015
adaweezy:

Which kinsman?? my people already planned to vote Wada because APC did not give its ticket to Bello But many softened thats why Audu won Adavi, Ogori, Okehi and lost Okene by about 500 votes
Stop lying against the good people of Ebira

Is it true that your man worked against APC during the election ? I heared he never associate himself with the party throughout the electioneering period.

I hope it's not true but if that happen to be true then he should just wave bye bye to the ticket.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 25, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
GoodGovernance:
I pity APC. Fresh Primaries after an election has been held?

What sort of legal advisers do they have,or is it that they have allowed primordial and selfish interest to becloud their sense of legal reasoning??Are they aware that the time allowed by law for primaries have elapsed. APC wants to hold fresh primary for a supplementary election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My free legal Advice:

To avoid any booby trap,APC should substitute Audu Abubakar with one of those guys that contested the earlier primaries. Faleke unfortunately does not qualify.

Few words are enough for the wise!

Thank U bro.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by adaweezy(m): 6:57am On Nov 25, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Is it true that your man worked against APC during the election ? I heared he never associate himself with the party throughout the electioneering period.

I hope it's not true but if that happen to be true then he should just wave bye bye to the ticket.
He campaigned for Audu .... When he came to Okene
That line is just mere propaganda because he has the best chance
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by akindap07(m): 7:20am On Nov 25, 2015
abdulo4real:
what is this one saying.....
if another APC candidate enters...dey will kill him naa ni
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:29am On Nov 25, 2015
barcaboi:

if u watched the debate on channels; faleke will be slammed with a law suit by opposition since he ddnt go thru primaries outrightly. Audu did....the best is they put him thru some dummy primary and declare him winner
There is no provision in the EA that sanctioned holding primaries when election is ongoing, also, the talk of Faleke not participating in the primaries is irrelevant because he was a running-mate that was meant to takeover from the main candidate in case of evwntualities. APC will be doing illegality by conducting any fresh primary.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:33am On Nov 25, 2015
GoodGovernance:
I pity APC. Fresh Primaries after an election has been held?

What sort of legal advisers do they have,or is it that they have allowed primordial and selfish interest to becloud their sense of legal reasoning??Are they aware that the time allowed by law for primaries have elapsed. APC wants to hold fresh primary for a supplementary election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My free legal Advice:

To avoid any booby trap,APC should substitute Audu Abubakar with one of those guys that contested the earlier primaries. Faleke unfortunately does not qualify.

Few words are enough for the wise!
Boss, unfortunately, no section of the EA and the Constitution sanctioned that when election is near conclusion. Faleke or his proxy should go to court if/when that happens.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by fuke(m): 7:46am On Nov 25, 2015
Give it to the Attorney General, the guy is bright.
Buhari can then bring Falana as the Attorney general
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by jamace(m): 7:58am On Nov 25, 2015
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by mbulela: 8:01am On Nov 25, 2015
olatunji21:

Seeking legal Redress in a competent court is most definitely his right but engaging in anti-party activities is a sin that cannot and should never be overlooked...
Like saraki?
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by donphilopus: 8:25am On Nov 25, 2015
adaweezy:
It was Sen Seriki Hadi not yahaya Bello

Is Sen. Hadi Seriki not the Minister of State for Aviation from Katsina State? How come he came all the way from Katsina to support Wada in Kogi?
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:33am On Nov 25, 2015
donphilopus:

Is Sen. Hadi Seriki not the Minister of State for Aviation from Katsina State? How come he came all the way from Katsina to support Wada in Kogi?

You too follow me see the error ba?

Sen. Hadi Seriki is from Katsina State.

As for the replacement of late Audu, it is better APC replace him with another Igala man.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by ralphblac(m): 8:36am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
James Faleke should go to court. I'm sure the SC will nullify the said primary election. The EA never give room for conduct of primary during election. James Faleke should be the substantive candidate of APC.
sorry instead of faleke we will give it to Bello,their plan for killing Audu will not work.God willing.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by adaweezy(m): 8:38am On Nov 25, 2015
donphilopus:

another senator sorry apologies, my mistake
Its Senator Alex Kadiri
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by adaweezy(m): 8:39am On Nov 25, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

You too follow me see the error ba?

Sen. Hadi Seriki is from Katsina State.

As for the replacement of late Audu, it is better APC replace him with another Igala man.
IS IT ONLY IGALA IN KOGI STATE
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:44am On Nov 25, 2015
adaweezy:

IS IT ONLY IGALA IN KOGI STATE

Nop.

There was an agreement for power shift come 2020.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:46am On Nov 25, 2015
ralphblac:
sorry instead of faleke we will give it to Bello,their plan for killing Audu will not work.God willing.

Guy, forget that barca of a guy.
The guy is drunk.
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:48am On Nov 25, 2015
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by barcaboi(m): 8:56am On Nov 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

There is no provision in the EA that sanctioned holding primaries when election is ongoing, also, the talk of Faleke not participating in the primaries is irrelevant because he was a running-mate that was meant to takeover from the main candidate in case of evwntualities. APC will be doing illegality by conducting any fresh primary.
guess they'll be given reprieve for the loss
Re: APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:00am On Nov 25, 2015
barcaboi:

guess they'll be given reprieve for the loss
Remember that there will be precedent. I will see how faleke can be prevented.
ralphblac:
The mandate belongs to APC not Audu grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo Lists Reasons Why Atiku Will Be Better Than Buhari As President / Nigerians Reaction To The 9billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance On Twitter / Senate President Saraki, Arrives Russia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.