Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:34 PM

How Small Will Biafra Be - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Small Will Biafra Be (6189 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / Will Biafra Be Better Than Nigeria? (discussion) / But Wait A Minute, How Different Will Biafra Be From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by ikechu1278: 7:34am On Nov 25, 2015
Biafra can be as small as a pebble on the floor...we still want it and it does not concern you. Keep your fake "Giant of Africa" with zero growth, development or movement. We no want stay with it anymore.

1 Like

Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by ikechu1278: 7:35am On Nov 25, 2015
uduokirika1:
Rwanda is a landlock. Country and is 26,338 sq/km in size. It is Africa's most densely populated country per sq/km yet they. Have over 60% of their populace living above poverty line a fit your almighty giant of Africa can't boast of.

Biafra is not interested in your unproductive population nor your large expanse of productive empty lands lying waste as a result of the oyel-money syndrom that has saturated the minds of our leaders and followers today!

A country waging war against world's deadliest terrorist group has her president a retired Gen as minister for Oyel-money rather than Defence or better still Agriculture to diversify the economy against the uncertainties!!!!!

APPLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just beautiful reply to this idiotic thread

1 Like

Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 25, 2015
Aegon:
SPOT ON BROTHER.
Anambra has more. billionaires than any state in Nigeria, IMO has more Professors than any state in Nigeria. The quality of education in IMO and Anambra is far more than any state in Nigeria, going by their highest cut off marks. We do not boast of Barren wastelands, nor millions of Almajiri destitute children who cannot contribute anything to the society except as underage voters and potential terrorists. We know what we want, we have met the millennium development goals while your kogi and cross river and indeed others are lagging behind, The economy in Nnewi, Aba and Onitsha are found in no place else except other Igbo dominated centres in Lagos and Kano. So going by your logic of Land mass superiority the state of Siberia should be more developed than the European union, or China developing more than Japan. Or Lesotho beign less viable than Sudan. Or Cape Verde less than Congo DR? Since many people have become emergency cartographers over Biafra, who gave you the right to decide the fate of the igbos in Rivers, Delta, Edo States? I'm not going into Akwa Ibom and Cross River. Please I suggest you all leave this Biafra Issue, Scaremongering will not work.

kaycid77
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by uduokirika1(m): 7:42am On Nov 25, 2015
What of Rwanda? Africa's fastest growing economy?

Smaller than Oyo state
Africa's most densely populated country per sq/km
Landlocked country
The closest water body to it is lake victoria in Uganda
The closest sea-port is Kenyan port
They have no crude oil, Diamond or Gold

Yet they have over 60% of her populace leaving above poverty line!

The truth is that Lagos-Ibadan media Propaganda is no longer feasible just ask google and your life will never remain the same

Thank me later
waterhouse071:
But your Biafra will neither be strategically located like Singapore nor historical significant like Israel.

1 Like

Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by Pavore9: 8:23am On Nov 25, 2015
kaycid77:

Now this is an example of Humans having the brain of a FISH..... First you talked about the size of Igboland and let assume food come from outside and its it because of its small, so why do food still come form outside to Cross River, Sokoto, Ogun, Oyo, Borno that each have the size of SE, Secondly you said the reason Israel is better than Biafra is Human Capital Development, are you saying Igbos do not have that even when you know Hausas and you yorubas are the ones hindering the progress and capability of what an average Igbo man can do. The only reason things are the way they are now in BIAFRAland is because we are compelled to do things the mumu hausa way, beacuse they have the power given to them by the idiotic and betraying Yorubas but the Truth is that we are never in the same CLASS....what ever an average Israelite does and average Igbo man is equal to the task. We are only been confined this this cesspit and skewed to follow some brainless baboon's pace of liveability.

Now this is an example of Humans having the brain of a FISH..... First, if you have really comprehended my post you would not have started out with your opening statement, which l cheerfully return back to you! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyone who do not share your line of thought is certainly not an igbo....Nna jiri wayo! cheesy

Bringing Israel into my post was to prove that knowledge is superior over size because in my line of work l have the expertise to grow a seemingly exotic fruit like Strawberry anywhere in the South east and with just a plot of land l can harvest 2,000kg of Organic Strawberries on a monthly basis which a farmer who is in Niger State that is almost 3 times the entire South east can not produce with the vast land at his disposal.

I am a person who believes one person can change the perception of many towards the direction of something that would create a new economy, Another tribe cannot be the excuse for not bringing about a change on how our women who have to cut down trees for firewood to fry garri but can produce more of the same garri with less stress and the health problems related to the use of firewood. This is what a local government chairman can set up with less than One million Naira, which is no where the cost of his official cars.

2 Likes

Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by waterhouse071(m): 8:25am On Nov 25, 2015
springtech:
Hmnnnnnnn. Hope the Biafrauds are reading this.
One word for the agitators is: joblessness.
i reallt dont see how someone doing somthing useful with his life would be asking for seccession.
#iamspringtech.
These jobless agitators ain't even considering their kinsmen who have successful businesses and life in different parts of the country.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by zendy: 8:25am On Nov 25, 2015
waterhouse071:
People easily forget that the south south states are not part of biafra nation.

People easily forget that Igbos, Igbo speaking people and Igboids are the largest population in the South-South.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by vanndubi: 9:42am On Nov 25, 2015
waterhouse071:
But your Biafra will neither be strategically located like Singapore are historical significant like Israel.

Biafra aside, what I wanted to point out is our view of land management. In 2008, Nigeria's population density was just 149.7/sqkm. Compare that with Singapore's 6,649.4/sqkm, Israel's 335.8/sqkm and Japan's 336.9/sqkm. So, why is Nigeria not working as efficiently as those countries?

Those countries mentioned have managed their resources that their citizens have no cause for complain. Federal roads in the SE (with the smallest land mass) for example, are begging for urgent
attention.

It is kind of disheartening that in a single year, I'm going to change the shock absorber for the third time all because of poor management of resources.

If you know them, pls tell them to allow development to go round, esp from the host communities where this our oil are coming from.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by waterhouse071(m): 12:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
ikechu1278:
Biafra can be as small as a pebble on the floor...we still want it and it does not concern you. Keep your fake "Giant of Africa" with zero growth, development or movement. We no want stay with it anymore.
zero growth? Maybe South East
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by MrAnalyst: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
yahrant140:
In the world we live in today:
1. Size is strength!
2. Population is strength!
The world is no longer ready to accommodate kue kue kue contries, like Togo, Republic of Benin etc.
Even if we are to talk Biafra, can these misguided ones be said to be the authentic leaders to do business with?

Complete balderdash.

2 Likes

Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by patrick89(m): 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
waterhouse071:
These jobless agitators ain't even considering their kinsmen who have successful businesses and life in different parts of the country.

so because of some heedless igbos my father inclusive, I will not support biafra for my ajebota children? your brain is empty! hausafulani are breeding like chicken! they're coming to sack you! and get hold to Atlantic ocean!! america or Britain will not save you!
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 25, 2015
Pavore9:

Now this is an example of Humans having the brain of a FISH..... First, if you have really comprehended my post you would not have started out with your opening statement, which l cheerfully return back to you! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Anyone who do not share your line of thought is certainly not an igbo....Nna jiri wayo! cheesy

Bringing Israel into my post was to prove that knowledge is superior over size because in my line of work l have the expertise to grow a seemingly exotic fruit like Strawberry anywhere in the South east and with just a plot of land l can harvest 2,000kg of Organic Strawberries on a monthly basis which a farmer who is in Niger State that is almost 3 times the entire South east can not produce with the vast land at his disposal.

I am a person who believes one person can change the perception of many towards the direction of something that would create a new economy, Another tribe cannot be the excuse for not bringing about a change on how our women who have to cut down trees for firewood to fry garri but can produce more of the same garri with less stress and the health problems related to the use of firewood. This is what a local government chairman can set up with less than One million Naira, which is no where the cost of his official cars.

My BAD...apologies

1 Like

Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by Pavore9: 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
kaycid77:

My BAD...apologies

Accepted...no hard feelings! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by waterhouse071(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
zendy:

People easily forget that Igbos, Igbo speaking people and Igboids are the largest population in the South-South.
But people from south south also want to stand alone, not with biafra.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by zendy: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
waterhouse071:
But people from south south also want to stand alone, not with biafra.

Have you seen them agitating for this? Have you seen them out on the streets with their flags like the Biafrans? What have they done to show they want some sort of South-South country? They don't even have any organisation like MASSOB or IPOB championing for a Niger-Delta country. If the minority of the SS were actively pursuing their own country, it would fine but they are not.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
waterhouse071:
People easily forget that the south south states are not part of biafra nation.

The SS is biafra, but if they want to remain in nigeria, we will allow dem. grin
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by waterhouse071(m): 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
ezeagu:
A bit larger than the size of Switzerland. Here.
you mean Swaziland
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by waterhouse071(m): 7:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
patrick89:

so because of some heedless igbos my father inclusive, I will not support biafra for my ajebota children? your brain is empty! hausafulani are breeding like chicken! they're coming to sack you! and get hold to Atlantic ocean!! america or Britain will not save you!
Your Father knew what happened during the civil war and he doesn't want you and your children to experience such.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by Duru1(m): 8:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
Pavore9:

Refer to my earlier post where l cited human capital development making the difference. For any region be it South West, South East or the North it has to go through a complete turn around. My specialization is in Small space, More harvest Agriculture and having worked in both Anambra and Enugu States and can boldly say we are presently not doing well agriculturally, go to the Agric section where l moderate, you will read igbos complaining about their inability to access land for their agro projects because of the high cost, where a plot is offered for what a hectare is offered for in Oyo State. The South easterners are more leaned towards to enterprises outside Agriculture, when l was working in Awka North, to get farm hands was an issue despite having idle youths in the villages most would say they don't look like someone from Abakaliki...how denigrating! angry

I presently work with many agro projects outside Nigeria and know that what South East need is a far different approach from what is even obtainable in other parts of Nigeria adopting what will make 2 tonnes of strawberries be harvested on a monthly basis from a plot of land in any part of the South East, how to produce 500 litres of fresh milk daily from cows within a plot of land.

The government do have a role to play but the change need start from the individual because running diary farms and horticulture which l earlier highlighted do not need Political will to get it going, it is all about interest.

The land for agricultural activities does not factor into self-determination. What matters in the present scenario remains that Igbo or Republic of Biafra has a territory which can be declared as independent nation.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by Pavore9: 8:43pm On Nov 26, 2015
Duru1:

The land for agricultural activities does not factor into self-determination. What matters in the present scenario remains that Igbo or Republic of Biafra has a territory which can be declared as independent nation.

We have far smaller areas that exists as a Country today. The land for agricultural activities is not a UN's requirement for self-determination but l brought it up within the context of self-sustaining food-wise to an extent. The person l quoted gave off the impression that we in the South East are presently doing well agriculturally which l disproved. Let me cite 2 two examples around when l was involved in agro projects in Anambra and Enugu. There was a rice project which was FG sponsored from which Anambra was given a variety of rice for multiplication so the local farmers will be growing the rice variety that takes only 3 months to harvest, disease and flood-resistant. They left the tonnes of the rice paddy to waste away at the state ministry of agriculture store in Awka, some workers were even taking it to go and parboil, de-husk and sell the read to eat rice in the market, the rice that was suppose to be multiplied to create better harvest and more income for the local farmers.

There was a time the FG had tractors distributed to every state in the Country, we went to Enugu State Ministry of Agriculture to go hire the tractors but we couldn't get because most of them have been hired out to farmers in BENUE STATE! angry
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by pazienza(m): 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
This is the stuff the Biafran dream is made up of, indigenous improvements and innovations, I have no doubt that Biafra will be a great country, see what a 16 year old Biafrans boy from Ihechiowa Abia state dreams of, I saw this pic from in Igboist Facebook page.

Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by Duru1(m): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2015
Pavore9:

We have far smaller areas that exists as a Country today. The land for agricultural activities is not a UN's requirement for self-determination but l brought it up within the context of self-sustaining food-wise to an extent. The person l quoted gave off the impression that we in the South East are presently doing well agriculturally which l disproved. Let me cite 2 two examples around when l was involved in agro projects in Anambra and Enugu. There was a rice project which was FG sponsored from which Anambra was given a variety of rice for multiplication so the local farmers will be growing the rice variety that takes only 3 months to harvest, disease and flood-resistant. They left the tonnes of the rice paddy to waste away at the state ministry of agriculture store in Awka, some workers were even taking it to go and parboil, de-husk and sell the read to eat rice in the market, the rice that was suppose to be multiplied to create better harvest and more income for the local farmers.

There was a time the FG had tractors distributed to every state in the Country, we went to Enugu State Ministry of Agriculture to go hire the tractors but we couldn't get because most of them have been hired out to farmers in BENUE STATE! angry

I fully understood the plank of you argument and happy Biafra or Republic of Igbo land will have a great mind such as you. But what matters now is attainment of independence in the territories that will be regarded as Biafra or Republic of Igbo land. There are many things Biafra or Republic of Igbo land will do in terms of food sustainability. Like you stated in hiring tractor or lack therefore for mechanized agriculture borders on the policy of federal government of Nigeria that militates against anything Igbo. In Biafra or more preferable Republic of Igbo land, the policy of the central government towards sustainable agriculture will be different from what it obtained today in the zoo called Nigeria. The land from Abakiliki to Baminda or even from Owerri to Isiokpo or Nkalagu to Nsukka shall be declared agriculture zone in Biafra or Republic of Igbo land. There are many Igbo people who have the same mindset as you do but chose to remain apathetic to Nigeria due to the way and manner the Nigeria is structured. There are many Igbo professional chaps in Diaspora who have promised to return home in Biafra or Republic of Igbo land to lend their services and expertise on pro bono if Biafra or Republic of Igbo land could be actualized. The most important thing now is the mean to actualize independent nation .
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by waterhouse071(m): 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2015
pazienza:
This is the stuff the Biafran dream is made up of, indigenous improvements and innovations, I have no doubt that Biafra will be a great country, see what a 16 year old Biafrans boy from Ihechiowa Abia state dreams of, I saw this pic from in Igboist Facebook page.
Are you kidding me
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by waterhouse071(m): 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2015
Duru1:

Maybe Biafra is an online illusion.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by suzziematini(f): 11:43pm On Dec 01, 2015
]
Dbboy:

Which land the one Gowon of Hausa extraction created you must be kidding me, we would go back to how it was before the force breakage of our region then redefine our border.

Don't use the term "force breakage" .....
states are created, countries are created.
The east ddnt birth itself, nor define its boarders nor name its self.....
You should also go beyond the "gowon of hsusa extraction's " creation.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by IGBOPRINCE: 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
Aegon:
SPOT ON BROTHER.
Anambra has more. billionaires than any state in Nigeria, IMO has more Professors than any state in Nigeria. The quality of education in IMO and Anambra is far more than any state in Nigeria, going by their highest cut off marks. We do not boast of Barren wastelands, nor millions of Almajiri destitute children who cannot contribute anything to the society except as underage voters and potential terrorists. We know what we want, we have met the millennium development goals while your kogi and cross river and indeed others are lagging behind, The economy in Nnewi, Aba and Onitsha are found in no place else except other Igbo dominated centres in Lagos and Kano. So going by your logic of Land mass superiority the state of Siberia should be more developed than the European union, or China developing more than Japan. Or Lesotho beign less viable than Sudan. Or Cape Verde less than Congo DR? Since many people have become emergency cartographers over Biafra, who gave you the right to decide the fate of the igbos in Rivers, Delta, Edo States? I'm not going into Akwa Ibom and Cross River. Please I suggest you all leave this Biafra Issue, Scaremongering will not work.
nice comment..
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by waterhouse071(m): 2:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
Duru1:

I fully understood the plank of you argument and happy Biafra or Republic of Igbo land will have a great mind such as you. But what matters now is attainment of independence in the territories that will be regarded as Biafra or Republic of Igbo land. There are many things Biafra or Republic of Igbo land will do in terms of food sustainability. Like you stated in hiring tractor or lack therefore for mechanized agriculture borders on the policy of federal government of Nigeria that militates against anything Igbo. In Biafra or more preferable Republic of Igbo land, the policy of the central government towards sustainable agriculture will be different from what it obtained today in the zoo called Nigeria. The land from Abakiliki to Baminda or even from Owerri to Isiokpo or Nkalagu to Nsukka shall be declared agriculture zone in Biafra or Republic of Igbo land. There are many Igbo people who have the same mindset as you do but chose to remain apathetic to Nigeria due to the way and manner the Nigeria is structured. There are many Igbo professional chaps in Diaspora who have promised to return home in Biafra or Republic of Igbo land to lend their services and expertise on pro bono if Biafra or Republic of Igbo land could be actualized. The most important thing now is the mean to actualize independent nation .
Violence won't help you people
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by Mariejay: 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
SS are way diff. frm SE we wil neva trust them to go away with them, they just want our oil thats y they r includin us we r nt n wil neva be biafrans.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by kel4soft: 3:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
kaycid77:

Now this is an example of Humans having the brain of a FISH..... First you talked about the size of Igboland and let assume food come from outside and its it because of its small, so why do food still come form outside to Cross River, Sokoto, Ogun, Oyo, Borno that each have the size of SE, Secondly you said the reason Israel is better than Biafra is Human Capital Development, are you saying Igbos do not have that even when you know Hausas and you yorubas are the ones hindering the progress and capability of what an average Igbo man can do. The only reason things are the way they are now in BIAFRAland is because we are compelled to do things the mumu hausa way, beacuse they have the power given to them by the idiotic and betraying Yorubas but the Truth is that we are never in the same CLASS....what ever an average Israelite does and average Igbo man is equal to the task. We are only been confined this this cesspit and skewed to follow some brainless baboon's pace of liveability.

Stop blaming the Northerners for your woes. Is becoming embarrassing to be honest.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by yahrant140(m): 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
If u wanna know the travails of landlocked nations, ask or go to Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger or Chad. A landlocked nation has no direct access to the sea. So all those container of goods that my Igbo brothers love to import will land at Apapa or Calabar ports and they shall have to pay me before transporting them home through my land! Ditto the railway esp the East/West rail line when completed. I therefore wonder if those gullible youths know what they are getting themselves into? It is not for nothing that the elders and governors of Igboland have not jumped enthusiastically on to the Biafra train. And talking about the governors, have they asked how much they've got from the Federation Account since 1999 and what has been done with it? Are they even asking the relevant questions? Core Igbo States like Imo and Abia get generous shares from the 13% Derivation monthly.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by kel4soft: 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
Duru1:

Remove the bolded. Thank you.
Re: How Small Will Biafra Be by waterhouse071(m): 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
Mariejay:
SS are way diff. frm SE we wil neva trust them to go away with them, they just want our oil thats y they r includin us we r nt n wil neva be biafrans.
Fact!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Real Picture Of Pdp Presidential Rally In Ekiti Today / APC State Legislators Endorse Yahaya Bello For 2023 Presidency, Mobilise Support / Massive Turn Out As Peter Obi Supporters Hold First Meeting At Ago Palace Lagos-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.