Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists (46411 Views)

Photos From Recent NYSC Camps Carnival / Sex In NYSC Camps: How True? As A Corps Member Please Share? / Should Hijabs Be Allowed In NYSC Camps? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by medeay(m): 9:17am On Nov 25, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

The reason you're talking like this is beacuse you havent lost a family member to female sucide bombers up north; trust me, If you have , you will have a reason to detest islam.
so, every terrorist attack is to be blamed on Islam?
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by obinnashady(m): 9:17am On Nov 25, 2015
francizy:

La wa oh! If you want to move to this direction then answer all these questions for me:

- why are Arabic writings used on our army symbol and our currencies when it's only Muslims that understand them?
- why are all our defence ministries, training centres, etc all situated in the north with about 50-70% of admitted persons from the Muslim north?
- why are Muslims predominant in ministries, civil service, etc, even when a Christian is President of this country?
- why is it that the Northern Muslims are the ones that mostly enjoy quota system in the educational sector of the country?
why is pork meat not sold where they are yet they have the right to their Halal foods.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by anigbajumo(m): 9:18am On Nov 25, 2015
phtemie:

Another potential terrorist spotted.

Trying to shift blame instead of condemning the evils being perpetrated by your evil Islam fellows.

In fact, I think Nigeria should adopt the Japan style; ban Islam and all its appurtenances.

It is a shame that you CNT point out yer opinion to against the fact he has written.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Eneze1(f): 9:19am On Nov 25, 2015
jamst2:
huh! When i first heard this news the first thing i did was to take note of the d.g profile i.e name,religion & gender,alas! I was not surprise.

I have always said it that,you christians are pervert,especially those who dont like a muslim using the hijab.

I always wonder what is your headache with such person using the hijab...

We all know that most of the sexual harrasment,pedophiles,and lesbianism are common among the christians...we muslim are not like you pervert christians because we obey the commandment of the holy quran,unlike you pervert that disobey theirs

Pls! Let us respect ourselves & learn to tolerate others.

You are talking about respect and toleranrance yet you already insulted the whole Christians as pervert, let's stop being sentimental to National issues. Bros next time reason well before you type it will do you a lot of good

4 Likes

Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Seunaj05(m): 9:20am On Nov 25, 2015
personal59:
Ina lilahi waina ilehin rajiun. May Almighty Allah come to the aid of all muslimah
you are a terrorist
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by okeke00(m): 9:20am On Nov 25, 2015
medeay:
maybe you should explain what you understand by human right
Human Right: is a freedom giving to Islamic terrorists and jihad to kill and destroy every other human who does not have the same belief with them.
I hope you have gotten the answer?

2 Likes

Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Bonapart(m): 9:20am On Nov 25, 2015
Zinicc:
Yes, issue of Islam not Christianity is very delicate...but both na wash!!
whe a foolish man is talking

Big Okponu
Waste of spermatozoa
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by skak(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2015
babajeje123:

@BY1434, If I must tell you the truth, the first step to this is to put our religious differences apart and then look at the issue holistically. Most cases of suicide bombing were associated with the use of long hijabs. So, to really nip the bud of this inhumane killing, don't you think something has to be done to it in as much as it is been used as a tool for mass killing?
sinsce you think hijab should be ban because it's been used as a tools for killing then what would you say to ur Godfathers like America, Israel and their likes for producing weapons every day which is often unlike hijab that is been use as a tool for killing but itself is a tool for mass killing.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Apina(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2015
cathodekazim:
Christainity is a false religion

Why won't they frown @it

Only islam brings moral to the society, in terms of dressing, behaviour, charity, giving alms etc

Most immoral and unclad dresses we see nowadays cm from the xtian, the celebrities, politicians, girls on d strt , university girls etc

They knew it bt will neva say the truth

If by now yu still blv Jesus is ur personal lord and saviour then I think yu shd be preparing to rot in hell

Am sure Jesus is in support of immoral dressing, immoral acts, fornications etc as most of these attributes are from the xtain
Even in ur so called capital of xtianity bethlehem and jerusalem, they do cover head

In jesus days, they do cover head, it is even in ur so called bible tht women shd cover head ! Then y frown @ ppl covering thr head

Christianity is directly proportional to falsehood,lies and immorality
Go around tying pawpaw leaf because ur ancestors did same SMH. Very porous logical reasoning. And since when did Bethlehem and Jerusalem become d capital of Christianity? A clear indication that u hv lost touch with reality.

3 Likes

Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by medeay(m): 9:25am On Nov 25, 2015
obinnashady:
Na them Bleep pass o,na dem evil pass o,na dem rape pass o,na dem marry small gals pass o,yet they still want to cover..cover what if I may ask,na why dem dey smell like dead rat
I am very sure you would rather love to satisfy your sexual urge with that small gal than marry her. Smh for you
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by obinnashady(m): 9:25am On Nov 25, 2015
personal59:

Mr put on ur thinking cap any reasonable person won't support terrorism mind u it affect my neighbor too a muslim

Nigeria is neither an islamic state nor a xtianity state so u should reason and knw it must provide an avenue for all the religion present in it u also should adjust and stop victimizing some set of religion

And ur silly unproductive religion which is used to defraud gullible people is wat?
mumu
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by idros4real: 9:26am On Nov 25, 2015
Seriously there is nothing to debate here, am a muslim and am not saying long hijab is not good but even if a female corper wore it she can't do anything exercise . The most paramount thing here is for her to cover head and body which the medium size hijab will do. In Ogun camp Female Muslim corpers were allowed to wear it without any disturbance.

4 Likes

Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by obinnashady(m): 9:27am On Nov 25, 2015
medeay:
I am very sure you would rather love to satisfy your sexual urge with that small gal than marry her. Smh for you
gerarahia...terrorist..una gals wey dey smell like dead rat
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by medeay(m): 9:27am On Nov 25, 2015
okeke00:
Human Right: is a freedom giving to Islamic terrorists and jihad to kill and destroy every other human who does not have the same belief with them.
you watch too much of CCN and BBC. Go and learn more about islam
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by dacovajnr: 9:28am On Nov 25, 2015
lolaxavier:
By Friday Olokor

A group of Muslim youths under the aegis of Muslim Youths in Da’wah on Tuesday at the headquarters of the National Youth Service Corps in Abuja protested against the ban on the use of hijab by female Muslim corps members, especially during orientation camps.

But the Director-General of the NYSC, Brigadier-General, Johnson Olawumi, insisted on the ban, saying it was “for security reasons.”

The national coordinator of LMYiD, Luqman Hassan; and the Deputy Coordinator, Kamarudeen Adefila, had told the NYSC DG that a major protest by Muslims was averted because of the ban on hijab in most orientation camps.

Hassan told the DG, “We are here to discuss with you about the incident that happened recently in various camps across the country. We have a guiding principle which is based on the Holy Q’uran. We are all Nigerians and the principle which guides us is the constitution and the African Charter on Human rights.

“Members of the NYSC are Nigerians who have contributed to the development of this country; female corps members deserve protection by the NYSC. We don’t believe that a female corps member putting on hijab has done any wrong against the Act establishing the NYSC. So they deserve the respect of the NYSC. We have travelled far and wide and visited different camps. Why are the rights of female corps members being infringed upon. We are here to register our displeasure.”

“Many Muslim organisations wanted to protest, but we said wait a while. In fact, we have to intervene to avoid the situation and if Muslims march on the streets, it will attract a lot of negative comments, but people won’t know why we are protesting,” Adefila had added.

In his response, Olawumi said, “Under my leadership, the NYSC will accord respect to every corps member, irrespective of tribe and religion. The incident in Benue State was caused by the use of long hijab. The security situation in the country is tough. There is the danger of somebody using hijab for other reasons.

“There have been cases where young girls put on hijab and eventually turn to suicide bombers. Boko Haram members know how to get at whoever they want as target. That is why we frown at the wearing of long hijab. Please call on all your Muslim youths to be patient and adhere to it, just for a short period during the camp. We frown at long hijab because of the security implication.”

The NYSC DG expressed disappointment in the allegation by the visiting youths.
Why are you so particular on your alleged infraction on the rights of youths without mentioning any one of such on Christian youths roduce your evidence, write to us and I can assure you that we will act fast. When the incident in Benue State was reported to us, I swung into action and ensured that the camp commandant was decamped immediately. We are not magicians; if you have any evidence, write to us and we will not hesitate to act.”

The NYSC Legal Adviser, Ahmed Tijani Ibrahim, said the incident in Benue State was under investigation.

He said, “I’m a Muslim and in our camps, I know that we have treated everybody equally. You mentioned the fact that you would have proceeded to protest. Very minor issues could trigger off mass protest.

“We will see the way forward to this complaint. I can assure you that the issue will not be swept under the carpet. The NYSC is very sensitive to the issue of religion and immediately we heard of it, we swung into action and we are on it because issues of religion are very sensitive.”

http://punchng.com/no-wearing-of-hijab-in-nysc-camps-dg-insists/
Who be the eediot wey ask this? Christians dey use hijab?...make them watch this one oooo!diz one get mission

1 Like

Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by medeay(m): 9:28am On Nov 25, 2015
obinnashady:
gerarahia...terrorist..una gals wey dey smell like dead rat
I understand your situation
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by personal59: 9:29am On Nov 25, 2015
Seunaj05:
you are a terrorist
U make it easier for me to identify someone with a load to his neck because what's upstairs is not functioning
medeay:
Seunaj05:
you are a terrorist
U make it easier for me to identify someone with a load to his neck because what's upstairs is not functioning

Didinrin
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 25, 2015
personal59:

Why walk semi unclad (Nake*d) when you are not an animal?
Dude, man is an animal even though we try to divorce that knowledge. Fact is we all animals... some humans prefer higher animals grin

1 Like

Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by personal59: 9:30am On Nov 25, 2015
obinnashady:
mumu
Dindinrin
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Csami(m): 9:30am On Nov 25, 2015
See them! Stup!d Muslims. You can't take one for the country but you still want us to coexist? You people must be high on bad weed.

But wetin concern me! As long as you keep your bombing and hijab or whatever da fvck is called in the north......have fun with shekau or whatever.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by skak(m): 9:30am On Nov 25, 2015
okeke00:

Are you on weed
seriously
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by jamst2(m): 9:33am On Nov 25, 2015
cathodekazim:
In the Qoran, it is forbidden for a woman to leave her hair open to the public no matter the circumstances that the person may find herself in

But the dg said its nt allowed to use veil, fine but what if a short veil is allowed @least to cover thr head n free them from the eternal torment they will get for deferring what Allah says

Yu xtian brothers, in d vaticans, jerusalem, bethlehem, israel and most capital of xtians, don't they cover thr head, I think yu guys need to make da research, they cover thr head just lik the muslims, even in jesus days, women don't leave thr hairs open and its even in d bible tht it is forbidden to leave hair open

So why this critics, why the hatred, blv me if the Northerners whch ar predominantly muslims have access to nairaland or have time like some fool xtians on this platform , blv me, thr wd hv bn maiming and killings,
Hate speech, ludicrous comments, war speech etc all do come from the xtains, yu will always be a target unless yu reason and put ur house in other

Dont mind them,alot of christian nowadays are endtime christians
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by jayzblack(m): 9:34am On Nov 25, 2015
bigeagleeye:
people can just be very unreasonable sha!
Which should be more paramount to a sane mind? Freedom of association or Right to life?
But the problem is that every mundane things is sacrosanct in this country of pretentious collaboration, one will expect a swift action in form of another protest from another set of Muslim youths who will call the other ones to order and reasoning but what will you see everywhere SILENCE!
I can bet everyone that will even comment here on Nairaland will be Christians as if Muslims don't know everyone deserve a Right to Life!
right to bomb abi. Idiot, bt wen Ipob protested u said they are jobles. fool lik u.

2 Likes

Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 25, 2015
Bonapart:
whe a foolish man is talking

Big Okponu
Waste of spermatozoa

Must answer you...
It's not my fault you are a blind idiota!
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Bonapart(m): 9:38am On Nov 25, 2015
Zinicc:

Must answer you...
It's not my fault you are a blind idiota!
lost soul
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by medeay(m): 9:38am On Nov 25, 2015
jamst2:

Dont mind them,alot of christian nowadays are endtime christians
most of them only run to their TV just to watch and listen to what the news has to say about Islam. Alhamdulillah for my wife!! She said the medias in America were the one misleading them about islam until she decided to learn about islam herself.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by medeay(m): 9:40am On Nov 25, 2015
skak:

Are you on weed seriously
my brother, I understand your situation.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Favolly(f): 9:40am On Nov 25, 2015
personal59:

Mr don't let us fool ourselves the two main religion in Nigeria is Islam and xtianity and do also ask yourself why xtian public holidays are always long wait till dec by 18th holiday start till January so do u also query that too?
Lol! But i read where you attacked someone, saying Nigeria is a multi-religious country. Why are you now narrowing it down to 2 just because the traditionalists are asking for their rights?

Please can you also enlighten us on this holiday that starts from the 18th of December and ends in January?

1 Like

Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by medeay(m): 9:40am On Nov 25, 2015
skak:

Are you on weed seriously
my brother, I understand your situation.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Bollinger(m): 9:41am On Nov 25, 2015
medeay:
so, every terrorist attack is to be blamed on Islam?

Not all but most.
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by jamst2(m): 9:42am On Nov 25, 2015
TruthHurts1:
Senegal a country with a 98% Muslim population recently banned the wearing of hijabs.In Northern Cameroon which is another Muslim majority region, the wearing of the Hijab has been banned.
The NYSC ban is only meant to be in place at orientation camps to prevent the infiltration of terrorists, and yet Nigerian Muslims are being more Islamic than others.
The orientation camp is only meant to last a few weeks.Meanwhile, you ragheads have the rest of your lives to wear your hijabs, so why not make that TEMPORARY sacrifice in the interest of national security, instead of whipping up stupid sentiments?

Stop spreading propaganda! Like i said,nysc is fraudulent & should be cancel
Re: No Wearing Of Hijab In NYSC Camps, DG Insists by Hash86(m): 9:42am On Nov 25, 2015
Karya DG yake DAN UNBANSHI. no one can stop our sister wearing hijab any in anywhere, any time in Nigeria, even Mr president can't,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What Is This Old Woman Doing At NYSC Camp? (see Photo) / Abuja Corper Sleeping On A Bridge In Kubwa (Photos) / Corper Ese Arumala Has Been Missing For 2 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.