Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married (3232 Views)

This Lady Made The First Move On Her Man, She's Now Married For Four Years / "He Rejected Me As A Man, I Transitioned Into A Woman And We Fell Inlove" / Lara Kudayisi: "I Had A Child At 19, 15 Abortions & 14 Heartbreaks, Now Married" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by cocolacec(m): 1:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
'Our story is some kind of Disney fairytale'

Josefin Karlsson was so disgusted by the abuse hurled at the young beggar sitting outside her local supermarket in Gothenburg that she resolved to talk to him. The chats went rather better than expected, because in December they get married.

“I was so shocked by how badly some of the local Swedes were treating this poor beggar. Some people were really nice to him but many abused him – not many took time to try to understand why he was there. I really wanted to understand the situation of beggars and why they have come here,” Josefin, 37, told The Local on Wednesday.
[img]http://www.thelocal.se/userdata/images/1448447605_12308911_1653228821601663_609230581_n.jpg[/img]
The couple are getting married in December.
Her chats with Florin Serhan, 21, began in halting English in March this year. But they became longer and more intense.
“Soon I was taking him an umbrella when it rained and blankets when it was cold.”

Josefin took her children – she has six – down to see him and sometimes they played football with Florin and his friends. She and Florin went on the occasional excursion to Gothenburg city centre.

Before Florin met Josefin, according to an interview he gave to the newspaper Göteborgs-Posten who first ran the story, Florin had become so disillusioned with Swedish life that he was ready to go home to his father and his 12 siblings in rural Romania.

But, one night, a few months after they'd first talked, he felt emboldened to tell Josefin that he had feelings for her.

“I had lent Florin my cell phone so he could call home and talk to his family. And suddenly, one night, he called me to tell me he had feelings for me and wanted us to be together.”

At first, Josefin says, she tried to resist what she was feeling. She reminded Florin that she had six children and told him he needed a younger woman.

But her resolve soon crumbled. “Deep down, I felt exactly the same as he did.”

The couple soon moved into a house just outside Halmstad, halfway between Malmö and Gothenburg, and Josefin has also visited Florin’s family in Romania.

“His mother died when he was a child but his father is very happy.”

“We will be getting married in December in Sweden and then plan to have a big Romanian wedding in two, maybe three, years’ time.”
[img]http://www.thelocal.se/userdata/images/article/w468/0f54a101d232a06a70da3f9ef3cc615283cff69d3f80fed58db0dda81b0de99f.jpg[/img]
The happy couple.
Has she met with any resistance from friends and family to the idea of marrying someone who was begging outside a supermarket just a few months ago?

“There are some who say that the age difference is too big or that he is only marrying me to stay in Sweden. But the vast majority of people are happy. People smile and say congratulations when they see us and say that our story is some kind of Disney fairytale.”

http://www.thelocal.se/20151125/swedes-fairytale-romance-after-befriending-beggar
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by Bugatie(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
Love is truly blind,

Congratulations to the young man, he has begged himself out of misery,

If it were to be a black, people will shout gold digging

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
Who knows... grin
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by DuchessLily(f): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
Thats true love

That fine guy a beggar? shocked

1 Like

Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
hmmm traplord there is still hope for you, come and see ur partner in trade here. "atleast prettythicksme can save ur poverty erected life.
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
The woman looks like Adele grin
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
Well, he is hot after all. Just look at him! I bet he has that sexy Dracula kinda accent being from Romania & all.

1 Like

Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by TrapLORD(m): 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2015
Targaryen:
hmmm traplord there is still hope for you, come and see ur partner in trade here. "atleast prettythicksme can save ur poverty erected life.
Yet I'm richer than 3 generations of your family.
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
So far dey are nt nigerians, dey cn go ahead 2 marry each oda
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
Not a Nigerian couple so I'm the least surprised. While naija babes keep mouthing 'there is nothing like true love ', foreign babes are setting the pace In their definition of love. No wonder naija men would jump at the opportunity to grab a white babe. Naija babes are coming for the money, dats all.
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by Dekatron(m): 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
. . . . . Well, thats love.
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by olasmith10(m): 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
true and undiluted tale of love!!!
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
End time love grin grin grin
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by happyjuliet(f): 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
His Dis for real grin
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by cocolacec(m): 5:07pm On Dec 11, 2015
[img]http://sverigesradio.se/sida/images/128/3617844_2980_1677.jpeg?preset=article-slider[/img]
Josefin and Florin.

There's one wedding that has been attracting quite a lot of attention in the Swedish media of late. No, it's not a royal wedding, nor a celebrity wedding. It's the wedding of Josefin Karlsson and Florin Serhan.

Karlsson is a 38-year-old Swedish mother of six, and she met Serhan, while he was begging outside her local supermarket last April, having come from Romania.

People think of it as a Cinderella story, Karlsson tells Radio Sweden, speculating about why people have been so interested in finding out more about the couple. However, she says that despite the fact that she and her husband come from different backgrounds, and that there's an age difference, "we only feel like normal people falling in love."

Serhan tells Radio Sweden that his life has changed a lot since April, while Karlsson laughs in the background, adding, "He has a wife now, too!"

The couple got married on Wednesday this week, and Karlsson said her family had been very supportive.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=6324303
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by romanian: 1:23am On Dec 13, 2015
That man is a fucking gipsy, not a romanian. He's a garbage, a thief, a rag, a nothing with entire his filthy family. He will destroy that nice woman, as well as he and his species destroyed us.
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 13, 2015
smiley interestingly beautiful
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by Desammyst(m): 10:44am On Dec 13, 2015
romanian:
That man is a fucking gipsy, not a romanian. He's a garbage, a thief, a rag, a nothing with entire his filthy family. He will destroy that nice woman, as well as he and his species destroyed us.

Thank God u know his species destroyed u... what are u still doing here
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by ZeeAfrica(f): 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
Well with a hot begger like dat, i wud also b inlove. Money isn't everything, but question is, is it love i go chop? Nopeee, so brother man better pull up his socks and find a way to make cash, coz i cant get him out off de streets and still feed his as.s. Lol, i knw no naija babe can do such an antinaija behaviour. For us, its de man who is supposed to get uss off de streets and nt de other way round, and worse if it was a case of de dude being black n de woman still white, de family wud nt accept, or de woman wud also cry one day, yol better nt insult me, coz yal knw hw u r
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by olaboy1: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
I think na the woman hit jackpot considering her age and she get like 4 kids or so. The Romanian guy is half her age or so, na my city so no be everything wey una read for Internet una go begin abuse Naija people.
That's why blacks need to define our own things and not jump on anything oyinbo do or talk, abi I lie my Naija guys wey live for jand.
When you live with oyinbo wella, you go soon undstand say we don't have any business copying them, this i am saying for real, whether dating, sex or economic policies. Whites do what they do for some localized reasons, and black people don't need to do the same.
It's like using your car heater in Naija.
Ask yourself can any Swedish girl in the guys age bracket single with no kids pick him up as a beggar outside of a store....100% no.
Re: Woman who fell inlove with a beggar now married by vislabraye(m): 9:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
ZeeAfrica:
Well with a hot begger like dat, i wud also b inlove. Money isn't everything, but question is, is it love i go chop? Nopeee, so brother man better pull up his socks and find a way to make cash, coz i cant get him out off de streets and still feed his as.s. Lol, i knw no naija babe can do such an antinaija behaviour. For us, its de man who is supposed to get uss off de streets and nt de other way round, and worse if it was a case of de dude being black n de woman still white, de family wud nt accept, or de woman wud also cry one day, yol better nt insult me, coz yal knw hw u r

grin . You know nah. I trust my naija sistas...

(1) (Reply)

A Song For Your EX / Ladies: What Does A Man Has To Do To Win Your Heart? / Surprise Birthday Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.