Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. (5263 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Debate An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by MizMyColi(f): 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
@Francizy @Ronald4lif
Your last mention prompted this thread.

The only time I express disbelief in God (I can bet my 7 fingers that that God is a figment of man's imagination) is when someone tries to force me to believe in a God that kills people at will, and does a lot of terrible things in the name of being the almighty.

I have maintained that there is twice as much we don't know than we do know.
It would be fool hardy of me to deny the existence of a higher extremely intelligent power whom I choose to call God, and from whom all life proceeds.

I have seen enough to know that there is something or someone beyond me whose sovereign hand remains my guide.

I call Him (I use the word Him because I relate with this being on a FatherDaughter basis most times) Abba.
I still pray, and I bless people.
I believe that God blesses, Francizy, so Amen to your prayer....
Even more so, I believe that we have been blessed Once and For All Time.
These blessings will be unlocked for each moment and sometimes might take positive confessions like yours to bring them to fruition.

I believe more in God-Within.

I agree that my beliefs in christianity has changed drastically, and as such I hold on loosely to them.
I just take the positives in any belief system that I come across and I discard the rest.

You should see me praying or speaking in unknown tongues.
Lol.

I really don't expect everyone to understand my journey, but hey, like I've always posited, his sovereign hand is my guide.

I'll take your questions if you have anywink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by madridguy(m): 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
NOTED.
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by francizy(m): 4:56pm On Nov 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
@Francizy @Ronald4lif
Your last mention prompted this thread.

The only time I express disbelief in God (I can bet my 7 fingers that that God is a figment of man's imagination) is when someone tries to force me to believe in a God that kills people at will, and does a lot of terrible things in the name of being the almighty.

I have maintained that there is twice as much we don't know than we do know.
It would be fool hardy of me to deny the existence of a higher extremely intelligent power whom I choose to call God, and from whom all life proceeds.

I have seen enough to know that there is something or someone beyond me whose sovereign hand remains my guide.

I call Him (I use the word Him because I relate with this being on a FatherDaughter basis most times) Abba.
I still pray, and I bless people.
I believe that God blesses, Francizy, so Amen to your prayer....
Even more so, I believe that we have been blessed Once and For All Time.
These blessings will be unlocked for each moment and sometimes might take positive confessions like yours to bring them to fruition.

I believe more in God-Within.

I agree that my beliefs in christianity has changed drastically, and as such I hold on loosely to them.
I just take the positives in any belief system that I come across and I discard the rest.

You should see me praying or speaking in unknown tongues.
Lol.

I really don't expect everyone to understand my journey, but hey, like I've always posited, his sovereign hand is my guide.

I'll take your questions if you have anywink

Hmmm... You're actually on the path of creating your own religion! shocked cheesy

Issoraight

14 Likes

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by Awoofawo(m): 5:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
grin
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by MizMyColi(f): 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
cheesy
francizy:

Hmmm... You're actually on the part of creating your own religion! shocked cheesy

Issoraight
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by ishiamu(m): 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hian atheist kwa.... miz coli odikwaegwu oo
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by MizMyColi(f): 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
grin grin grin
ishiamu:
Hian atheist kwa.... miz coli odikwaegwu oo

Do you have a question for me?

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
Now that you're not an Atheist, I have a question...
Are you interested in being a Pastafarian?

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by CoolUsername: 6:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
@Francizy @Ronald4lif
...(I can bet my 7 fingers that that God is a figment of man's imagination)...
7 fingers?
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by johnydon22(m): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
Hahahahahahaha Quite funny ...

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by ishiamu(m): 6:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
grin grin grin

Do you have a question for me?

Religious things na agbagho ju mu anya... the more you look the less you see.... but there iz a Goduooooo

Just know that

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by malvisguy212: 7:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
MizMyColi this is very funny, do you relate to this God father daughter relationship? How much do you know Him? I found this statement more of a "christian".'It doesn't matter what you
believe,' is the despairing cry of people whose beliefs have never brought them to spiritual reality. Find people who claim that sincerity is all that matters
and try applying that logic to something they are passionate about, Suddenly it
matters very much what you believe.

You and I are not in a position to claim to know more about spiritual reality than the greatest religious teacher earth has seen- Jesus. He upheld the Scriptures which insist that all other religions offend God. Jesus fills the unfillable. hole within us. He makes us
whole. He meets our deepest needs. He alone releases our full potential.

To sit on the fence is a
marvelous position. From the
top of the fence you can look in
any direction and watch life
pass you by. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by menesheh(m): 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
I sensed confusion, contradictions, semantic tricks and dishonesty in this post

12 Likes

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by hahn(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2015
francizy:

Hmmm... You're actually on the part of creating your own religion! shocked cheesy

Issoraight

We can call it MizMyColism and hopefully the almighty "God" will be female this time. Mother's don't pick fights with their kids and threaten to burn them. Only psychotic father's do that wink

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by francizy(m): 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2015
hahn:

We can call it MizMyColism and hopefully the almighty "God" will be female this time. Mother's don't pick fights with their kids and threaten to burn them. Only psychotic father's do that wink

LoL, abeg oh! Am still a Christian so no drag me to that point where I go dey discuss this kind thing.. tongue
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by hahn(m): 7:21pm On Nov 25, 2015
francizy:

LoL, abeg oh! Am still a Christian so no drag me to that point where I go dey discuss this kind thing.. tongue

How does apostle Francizy sound? You will even have your own book in the holy magazine book tongue
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by Tallesty1(m): 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
You're an atheist Mizz.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by johnydon22(m): 7:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
menesheh:
I sensed confusion, contradictions, semantic tricks and dishonesty in this post
It is glaringly clear
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by johnydon22(m): 7:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tallesty1:
You're an atheist Mizz.

She is not atheistic from what she provided up there, not just sure what she disbelieves or believes .. Looking from the post it is clear enough she finds many God attributes to be disturbing and so chooses to disbelieve them and believe the ones that goes well with her own reason.

You can not dub her an atheist when she clearly stated up there she believed in God though there is a little touch of confusion, conflicting views and unsure dishonesty.

she cherry-picks what to believe

I call that " Conflict of "Faith and Reason" "Belief and Reality" it is a remarkable journey am sure she will with time come to be in full control of what she believes or not, she will find or realize where she truly lies or what in general is in coincide to her reason.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by MizMyColi(f): 7:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Dishonesty?

Waow
That's a first
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by menesheh(m): 7:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
johnydon22:
It is glaringly clear

Evil and immorality is always presumed as default position of an atheist in our society. she is trying to outwit some persons with the intention to regenerate-back her lost posture of a conventional Nigerian woman in connection with god and religion.
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by menesheh(m): 7:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tallesty1:
You're an atheist Mizz.

For real, she is; despite she deserve her right to posture herself the way she wants before the public.
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by Ymodulus: 8:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
malvisguy212:

To sit on the fence is a marvelous position. From the top of the fence you can look in any direction and watch life pass you by. Thank you.
grin grin grin

johnydon22:

She is not atheistic from what she provided up there, not just sure what she disbelieves or believes .. Looking from the post it is clear enough she [b]finds many God attributes to be disturbing
and so chooses to disbelieve them and believe the ones that goes well with her own reason.
You can not dub her an atheist when she clearly stated up there she believed in God though there is a little touch of confusion, conflicting views and unsure dishonesty.
she cherry-picks what to believe, I call that " Conflict of "Faith and Reason" "Belief and Reality" it is a remarkable journey am sure she will with time come to be in full control of what she believes or not, she will find or realize where she truly lies or what in general is in coincide to her reason.
[/b]

Let me just use the term AGNOSTIC. From her post above she is just an Agnostic.

Reading all through her write up here equates Agnosticism.

Agnosticism = Boundary line belief of god existence; Dont want to fall in any side of the divides; they believe there is much more than we know; they believe no one can know exactly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
##parks my Audi ##

WETIN UNA DEY TALK SEF?
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
MizMyColi,

I share some of your views. You already know wink
You believe in a God who is within us. I share this view.

Do you also believe that we are eternal beings?

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by MizMyColi(f): 8:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
menesheh:

Evil and immorality came as default position of an atheist. she is trying to outwit some persons with the intention to regeneration-back her lost posture of a conventional Nigerian woman in connection with god and religion.

Just stop already okay.
Your efforts at reading me or trying to analyze my motives for this post is/are wrong.

I don't wanna be roped into any argument with anyone because this is a part of my life I've put on blast here and it's really personal.

If you've not walked my journey, please don't judge my story.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by johnydon22(m): 8:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ymodulus:

Let me just use the term AGNOSTIC. From her post above she is just an Agnostic.

Reading all through her write up here equates Agnosticism.

Agnosticism = Boundary line belief of god existence; Dont want to fall in any side of the divides; they believe there is much more than we know; they believe no one can know exactly.

Agnosticism mostly leans on either of the both positions. . . You would see someone who leans towards the position of agnosticism but in actuality do not believe any of the God claims around, that position makes that person atheistic, like myself (Agnostic Atheist)

One may also be agnostic but in that unsure wit tends to lean towards a small amount of belief or a particular religion all the while admitting to be unsure of the actuality of such God concept. that position makes them theitic too..

MzMyColi can be deducted to be agnostic in essence but yet in a little way leans towards a belief even though obviously it is an unsure one. . . I respect such positions.
(Agnostic Theism)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by BoiledCorn: 8:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
angry angry is any thing wrong with being an atheist?
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by pickabeau1: 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
Tallesty1:
You're an atheist Mizz.

More of agnostic or agnostic theist
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by menesheh(m): 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
MizMyColi:

Just stop already okay.
Your efforts at reading me or trying to analyze my motives for this post is/ar wrong.

I don't wanna be roped into any argument with anyone because this is a part of my life I've put on blast here and it's really personal.

I you've not walked my journey, please don't judge my story.

Am judging from the way you started the post by making jest of believes and then later switched by telling us how you love a creator. Reread my initial comment, it is just a contribution not meant to upset you.

my next question is, "which of the concepts of god are you into and why?"

I presumed some sort of deistic god according the depiction of your post and the way i understood it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by Ymodulus: 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
johnydon22:

Agnosticism [b]mostly leans on either of the both positions
. . . You would see someone who leans towards the position of agnosticism but in actuality do not believe any of the God claims around, that position makes that person atheistic, like myself (Agnostic Atheist)
Agnosticism rejects all justification for affirming or denying the existence of anything beyond the material world. It is founded on one or more separate and independent grounds. So i disagree sir

One may also be agnostic but in that unsure wit tends to lean towards a small amount of belief or a particular religion all the while admitting to be unsure of the actuality of such God concept. that position makes them theitic too..
Agnostics never affirm or deny on God existence, and for you to belief God does not exist then you have fulfilled the main tenets of atheism - God's nihility.

MzMyColi can be deducted to be agnostic in essence but yet in a little way leans[b] towards a belief even though obviously it is an unsure one[/b]. . . I respect such positions.
(Agnostic Theism) [/i][/b]
I replied based on what her post here says, and i believe i stress that in my previous post.
Re: Dear Nairalanders; I Am Not An Atheist. by MizMyColi(f): 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
Mindfulness:
MizMyColi,

I share some of your views. You already know wink
You believe in a God who is within us. I share this view.

Do you also believe that we are eternal beings?

Ohhhh
Yes I do.

I believe that it doesn't all start and end here.
I believe that we are all connected, profoundly.
Our bodies are containers for our souls which are unique divine expressions of this eternal being, and as he is, so are we.

There's no person we meet on Life's way that we didn't agree to meet before we came down here.

I believe that we are here for a purpose, inner purpose (this was the one Jesus was talking about when he asked what it shall profit a man if he gains the world and looses his soul).....then outer purpose(s)

Y'know...
I once towed the path of atheism, but very shortly.

I couldn't keep at it because I couldn't keep living in denial of a powerful life force within.

I think that world religions are just our way of adapting to this life force and making sense of it.

I've seen things happen and unhappen to me which I know I (supposing, I think myself separate from this being) couldn't have made happen.

I and him are one.
When I talk about him these days, it's not necessarily about what I read (past tense) in the bible....

It's about a knowing.
One that resonates. It's not about cherry picking...else that'd mean living a lie.

It's a reality which I really can't explain to everyone and they'd understand.

In him, there's no Shadow of darkness...only light, only love.

I admit that I still trying to grasp this being, maybe that in itself is a pitfall.
Because I'm meant to live it, to live him.
In glory, in excellence, in all that is good, even in all that is bad.

Sometimes, I blend into christian circles so well, that those who know me really well'd think I'm a hypocrite.
Why do I do so?
I learned early enough not to see myself as better than those who are "unenlightened"
I learned that no matter who you are or what you worship, your creator has your best interests and will reach you one way or another.
It's okay if you call me a chameleon. Lolz.

I see my horizon expanding.
I think I'm a deeply spiritual person who has more connection with her maker than she admits.
I still sing Christian songs in addition to a plethora of genre that either helps me relax, create more positive vibes or dance Shoki to...lolz

I could go on and on, I'll stop here.

In all, I couldn't be living any better right now, it gets even more fascinating because things can only get better from here on.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD / How Many Times Do You Have To "break A Curse" / Is There Anything Special When You Pray On The Mountain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.