Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions (5345 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu, His Father And South-East Governors Meet In Enugu (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu & His Father Meet With South-East Governors In Enugu / Igbo Quit Notice: Press Release By South East Governors Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by Trut(m): 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2015
The South East governors have failed in their effort to end ongoing protests by members of the Movement for Actualization for Sovereign State of Biafra and Indigenous People of Biafra, over the continued detention of the director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.

In a statement on Wednesday, MASSOB rejected the resolutions, arguing that it did not address the major reason for the protest – the continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu.

Igbo leaders including present and past governors, ministers, national assembly members, held a meeting and resolved to set up a committee to dialogue with the pro-Biafra agitators.

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, who spoke to reporters on behalf of the participants after their meeting at Government House in Enugu on Sunday, said a committee would be set up to dialogue with the pro-Biafra agitators with a view to ending the crisis.

[b]But the National Director of Information of MASSOB, Uchenna Madu, said the only way to end the crisis is the unconditional release of Mr. Kanu.

The group also said it was worrisome that South East governors met without their counterparts from the South South region, which also witnessed some protests.

“MASSOB is not satisfied with all the meeting of Igbo leaders on Sunday because of no seriousness on the plight of Nnamdi Kanu,” Mr. Madu said.

“How can revered Igbo leaders waste a whole day in a marathon meeting without discussing our simple demand of Nnamdi Kanu’s release?

“Are they afraid of Northern oligarchy, western alliance with north or President Buhari? The governors, Ohaneze and other Igbo leaders have proved that they’re not representing the interest & demands of Ndigbo.

“They have shown their soft mind, inferiority complex and loyalty to our oppressors, we shall prove to Nigeria that the Igbo governors, national assembly members, other Igbo leaders are not truly in charge of affairs in Igboland.

“DSS is buying time for long incarceration of Nnamdi Kanu to impress Buhari and Northern political cabals that they can frustrate Biafra revolution.

“Long incarceration of Nnamdi Kanu by DSS will only motivate, inspire and increase the moral of Biafran agitators. How long shall they continue to detain an innocent man who already commands the massive respect of Ndigbo even in detention?

“MASSOB and IPOB members are not demonstrating or protesting against infrastructural decay in Igboland or non inclusion of Igbos in major political appointments but the release of our brother, Nnamdi Kanu, who represents the genuine desire of the people eastern region.

“Other demands and clamour of Ndigbo as a result of the current political tension are good but major one now is the release of Nnamdi Kanu.”[/b]

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/193896-pro-biafra-groups-reject-south-east-governors-resolutions.html

11 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by dialfa: 9:37pm On Nov 25, 2015
oya Rochas, run to buhari and tell him "mission failed"

27 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by Trut(m): 9:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
dialfa:
oya Rochas, run to buhari and tell him "mission failed"

His mission hit Rock grin

13 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by emyphil: 9:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
Supported

12 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by bosedekemi(f): 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by mazzi: 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
Rochas and his boys wasted time and energy in enugu

7 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by cheruv: 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
I've said it times without number that Igboland needs a purge..especially of the elderly ones still suffering from the war hangover.
How can a group of traitors spend the whole day deliberating nonsense and expect 40M to abide by it
The earlier Igbos find their Yosef Stalin the better for us kos I don't think we can keep up anymore with those withered hags that label themselves Igbo elders! angry

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by badnature: 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2015
i love this

13 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by Trut(m): 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2015
cheruv:
I've said it times without number that Igboland needs a purge..especially of the elderly ones still suffering from the war hangover.
How can a group of traitors spend the whole day deliberating nonsense and expect 40M to abide by it
The earlier Igbos find their Yosef Stalin the better for us kos I don't think we can keep up anymore with those withered hags that label themselves Igbo elders! angry

Nobody takes those silly leaders and elders serious any more, i take their words and opinions as rant.

20 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by palladin: 10:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
Lubbish......

#goes for 2nd round.
Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by marv1: 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
cheruv:
Ha ha ha ha u are making me to laugh. Where was kanu during the national conference? Where was kanu when elections were being held for senators, house of reps, governors etc. Whats is kanu pedigree politically? May be u dont know let me tell u that, what a young man can not see when standing up, an old man can see it while sitting down. The elders that u dont want their opinions, understand the political terrain than any kanu with dual citizenship who hide under the cloak of an illegal radio station smearing other tribes and nigeria govt. Just get ready for a löng thing. Or wait for another 100yrs after which all the current leaders would have died, the so called youth now will be elders by that time so that biafrat will just happen gbam....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by PointB: 10:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
Interesting times ahead.

Basically, what I understand the SE Governors did is to tell the tens of thousands of masses youth protesting across the SE/SS regions in the past few weeks that their demands are irrelevant and of know consequence. Even if they know better, shouldn't they sell their position to the protesters? Do they think they can just dismiss them with a wave of hand?

I concur with IPOB here in the sense that the position of the Governors/Elders does not align with the interest of the the people they serve. Leaders must learn to empathize with those they claim to lead; and must show in their words and action.

How can they ask that peaceful protest be stopped when what created them has not been addressed? Do these so-called leaders actually know what it means to lead? Whose interest are they serving? Theirs or the FG's? Cos clearly, they are not serving the interest of those they purport to lead.

Looks like these governors and elders will soon lose relevance. They are toying with civil disobedience/unrest. I wonder how many protester they believe the FG will help them kill, and how that will help their governance! They better resign if they lack ideas/tact!

22 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by menix(m): 10:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
Rochas is an End Time Governor nd his Uwa Mmebi plan with Buhari have failed..

Kanu is the reason of the protest, it baffles me that discussion to end the protest would be held without discussing about Kanu's freedom..

Okoroawusa pack nd go to ugwu-awusa nd continue ur governance, we igbo's achuru Sabo n'obodo anyi....

23 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
Biafra issue will take a new look soon.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by PointB: 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2015
“MASSOB and IPOB members are not demonstrating or protesting against infrastructural decay in Igboland or non inclusion of Igbos in major political appointments but the release of our brother, Nnamdi Kanu, who represents the genuine desire of the people eastern region.

“Other demands and clamour of Ndigbo as a result of the current political tension are good but major one now is the release of Nnamdi Kanu.”

IPOB should not miss the point here, if I may caution. The protest is not about the release of Kanu, but for the actualisation of Biafra; for a UN sponsored referendum that will partition the country between Biafra and Nigeria. The release of Kanu will of course be an added bonus.

Let's keep the message clear.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by ruffhandu: 10:53pm On Nov 25, 2015
When I saw Okorocha as one of them, I knew the outcome already.

14 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by kingdompropty: 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
How will they accept the resolution of rogue leaders, who only represent their interest and that of their families.

Since APC won election Okorocha have continued to create a bigger divide between the government and the people, Ohaneze have never represented Ndigbo before, so it is not now.

8 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by backtosender: 10:54pm On Nov 25, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu: British diplomats to visit detained Biafran leader in Abuja
A Conservative minister has said that British consular officials will visit Nnamdi Kanu Radio Biafra director and the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), whose arrest in October has led to protests in various part of the world including Abuja Nigeria capital. This was revealed after a question from Lanour MP, Harriet Harman. who is representing Kanu's constituency in the United Kingdom. Kanu has dual British citizenship.
In the picture Nnamdi Kanu is greeting family and friends in Abuja Court Biafran movement got too many back-ups

5 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by xmich(m): 11:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
Gone are days of collecting bribe to jettison our tomorrow, okoroawusa be wise

All we ask is the release of nnamdi and freedom for Biafra

25 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by NuellettY: 11:13pm On Nov 25, 2015
How can u expect those miscreants of Gov'nors and their likes to delibrate on proper biafran struggle when FG stuffed their mouths with 20billion and made an lgbo foreign minister in disguise to stand against the struggle and hold responsible if job not done well

7 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 25, 2015
marv1:
Ha ha ha ha u are making me to laugh. Where was kanu during the national conference? Where was kanu when elections were being held for senators, house of reps, governors etc. Whats is kanu pedigree politically? May be u dont know let me tell u that, what a young man can not see when standing up, an old man can see it while sitting down. The elders that u dont want their opinions, understand the political terrain than any kanu with dual citizenship who hide under the cloak of an illegal radio station smearing other tribes and nigeria govt. Just get ready for a löng thing. Or wait for another 100yrs after which all the current leaders would have died, the so called youth now will be elders by that time so that biafrat will just happen gbam....

See them lying propagandists on the loose!

Continue to deceive yourselves by asking silly questions that have no bearing to the right of a people to self-determination.

Miserable scratched face cretin!

17 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by Ngwaukwu1(m): 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
PointB:

IPOB should not miss the point here, if I may caution. The protest is not about the release of Kanu, but for the actualisation of Biafra; for a UN sponsored referendum that will partition the country between Biafra and Nigeria. The release of Kanu will of course be an added bonus.

You're absolutely right about what we ultimately desire but I think IPOB and the MASSOB faction are right.

Every struggle for freedom has a person around whom is created the narrative of a freedom fighter. For every apartheid there has to be a Mandela. If none exists, one has to be created. Nnamdi Kanu has become the symbol of hope and fearlessness around which rallies people from all walks of life who begin to see in him one who is willing to sacrifice his all for what we all want. And around him fate is unfolding the narrative of the freedom fighter, desperately needed for the furtherance of the Biafra cause. That image of him holding up his fists in defiance is priceless.

So let the protests continue to be for Nnamdi Kanu's unconditional release from his chains. He is the new face and symbol of our struggle, his incarceration an apt metaphor . . .

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by marv1: 7:22am On Nov 26, 2015
xtrorse:

See them lying propagandists on the loose!

Continue to deceive yourselves by asking silly questions that have no bearing to the right of a people to self-determination.
Miserable scratched face cretin!
Truth is very very bitter. All these NLand igbo kids should learn how to relate and express views with people rather than abuses on them. U dont want to take to elders's advice and mine but must u result to abuse? It really shows how misserably demented u are. Lets see how it goes while other parts of nigeria are enjoying life, u people should keep up the struggle. If u are dry with nothing tangible to say dont abuse.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by Trut(m): 7:24am On Nov 26, 2015
PointB:

I concur with your suggestion.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by londoner: 11:44am On Nov 26, 2015
marv1:

Thank you, he acted unilaterally and with no regard for Igbo people or their leaders whether traditional ones or elected ones.

That Kanu is on his own. Now he knows he does not have the backing of Igbo leadership or most Igbos period neither did he seek their backing before. Igboland needs real legitimate leaders not Rambo wannabes who have never had political or commercial impact....but are simply aroused by war and thoughts of bloodshed. In fact Kanu has been counterproductive to the awakening and willingness of Igbos to look towards the SE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB And MASSOB Reject South East Governors Resolutions by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2015
londoner:
Thank you, he acted unilaterally and with no regard for Igbo people or their leaders whether traditional ones or elected ones.

That Kanu is on his own. Now he knows he does not have the backing of Igbo leadership or most Igbos period neither did he seek their backing before. Igboland needs real legitimate leaders not Rambo wannabes who have never had political or commercial impact....but are simply aroused by war and thoughts of bloodshed. In fact Kanu has been counterproductive to the awakening and willingness of Igbos to look towards the SE.

Lying propagandist, Ojukwu lived fighting for the liberation his people unlike Awolowo who opted to become "boy-boy" to Gowon who was young enough to be his son, and in the process, sold the Yoruba nation to the Northern oligarch. And your god Awolowo could only but end his life in a most miserable way - suicide just like in the similitude of rat poisoning! 

Ojukwu remains a hero today for standing up for his people! That cannot be said about even about the Yoruba General Oladipo Diya who wept like a kid before a junior officer because he was afraid of his life....after wilfully and knowingly plotting a coup.
And after 45 years of the Biafran war, your entire Yoruba tribe that is filled with loud-mouthed, 'suffercated' and diabolic cowards dare not think of it, not to mention trying what a 30 year old Ojukwu did.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Gowon said that Nigerians should be proud of the gains of the war through the healing balm of “no victor, no vanquished.”

According to him, the three Rs of reconciliation, rehabilitation and reconstruction were adopted to enhance national unity.

He also argued that the abandonment of the development plan drafted immediately after the war by successive governments, resulted in the infrastructural decay in the country

The former head of state, however, lauded Ojukwu for his courage in defending his people during the war, saying: “if Ojukwu were in my shoes, he would have equally waged the war.”

He also commended the Anambra government and management of the university for honouring Ojukwu with the change in name of the institution from Anambra State University to COOU.
https://www.nairaland.com/2440061/igbo-president-heal-civil-war

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Update On The Biafra Agitation In Onitsha (photos) / Is The Southwest Planning A Break Away? / Oyo Decides 2019.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.