Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help (65805 Views)

My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. / "Your Husband Has Been Having Sex With Me" - 13-Year-Old Maid Tells Her Madam / 'my Husband Has Attention Each Time He Carries Our Daughters On His Lap' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Femsyn(m): 10:31am On Nov 26, 2015
This shouldnt have been brought to frontpage. Too many silly kids online these days.

Back to topic; i would rather advise that you should be careful with "having a conversation with him". While it seems like the only way out, i fear it might turn him to something else, and backfire. Still, i must be sincere with you that, i doubt if he would ever change to that kind of man you desire.

I feel your pain, and i understand your husband's behaviour is not normal. There are some attributes that should be for the man of the house, likewise, the woman. The roles are clearly spelt out. Unfortunately, in your own case, there seem to be a role reversal.

You are an ideal woman, and i think you should keep praying for him, cos i feel, by trying to fine-tune him, he might overdo it.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Egemeole: 10:31am On Nov 26, 2015
see you where other women are praying for such loving husband. you are here talking foolishness. one woman came back late her husband beat her up and put something in her private part and she started bleeding in her private part is that what you want?
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 26, 2015
Our women can't be satisfied, if u are harsh on them , they will complain and just look at the op complaining at a good man. Omg I'm sick and tired of our women..op u better worship and embrace him back, it seems u just want to catch ur fun out there.. U better look back inside and stop looking outside
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by rileyy(m): 10:33am On Nov 26, 2015
Stick to him and work out ur differences, else you'll regret it. He's a good man

Ps: don't try to change him, might turn him into a monstrous and insensitive being
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 26, 2015
Am even getting more confused....

Wetin girls want self...

Op my advice is, find a way to reduce ur husband perception of u.... If he is tasting the good side of u why not show him the bad side of u or bad side of any lady..... He is not sick.... He is dying in fantasy... Long time fantasy... God know how much he thinks about u every seconds....

What u need is to make life hard for him a bit... This will make his wide perception change.. But know the extreme u will go that won't be too bad..

Obviously uR husband does not have friends that can man him up... Set up friends for him.... He is obviously not getting the right information...

ONLY U HAS THE POWER TO MAKE HIM UNDERSTAND... SO DO IT WELL
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by september17(f): 10:34am On Nov 26, 2015
lol. Abi mumu mumu things is following this one ni?? What somebody is praying for?.. Better hold your husband tight!
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Egemeole: 10:34am On Nov 26, 2015
My advice to you is to pet him too so that you will enjoy the marriage
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by bettercreature(m): 10:35am On Nov 26, 2015
This OP should enjoy it while it last because am sure this man she is talking about will change soon,even for worse,Virgin guys are always like that but later change at long run
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by HermajestyQ(f): 10:36am On Nov 26, 2015
enstack:
I had to create a new account just to post this as it's quite sensitive. It's quite lengthy too but I'll be brief. I need mature and friendly advice from people here.

When I first met my husband, it was in a library. We talked briefly and we became close. I have had past relationships in my life so I was careful as possible. I realised that he had no past relationship. He was a typical virgin and was new and I was his first girlfriend. So I felt comfortable with him. He was so kind and loving so I agreed to marry him.

Now it has gotten worse. Everytime he does anything I want without asking questions. At first I enjoyed it but now I'm starting to worry about him as it's getting out of hand. He does not display any act of manliness in the house. He behaves like my puppet or my foot stool. The other day he was watching the soccer game and I just jokingly mentioned how boring it was and I would prefer the faith channel. He changed the channel to the faith channel just like that. Even at work he would be calling me and texting me I am even scared he would loose his job if his employer finds out.

I have no time for myself.. he is always around. Sometimes if I say no to his advances for sex he would act like I am a wicked woman who has cheated him or rubbed him of his right. He would give me the silent treatment for weeks until I give in. On Sunday he insisted on going with me to the salon and it's now embarrassing as every Sunday my mates in the salon would gossip about how my husband is the only man amongst women making their hairs because his wife is there. I try to talk to him but he would feel so sad like I have taken smething away. I don't understand.

If I'm studying at night, he would suddenly begin to romance me and strip me of my clothing without saying anything first when he can see I'm studying. If I rebuke him, he would be very sad. Every time he must have one intimate relation with me everyday and life does not work that way. I don't know if it's immaturity or he is sick mentally. The day I returned home 11pm due to huge traffic jam, I was expecting him to be furious like any other man.. he was with all smiles even offered me water and collected my bag and books. Christ.

I need sincere help. I told his family that I'll file a divorce if this continues as I cannot live like this. It's no longer love but idolatry. I thought it's wives that are submissive.. he is the one submissive. Anything I ask... he grants even silly things. Things that a real man would query before granting.

I am sure that if I ask him to bathe in acid he would do it. I'm sick and tired of this marriage. Just a year. The last quater he gave me his ATM to spend when I went for training in Abuja. When I was spending excessively he was quiet about it until I returned and found it he was broke that i wrecked him. I was wondering what happened to him. Why didn't he talk?

Please Nairalanders what is happening? I love him still and divorce would be my last resort. I need your advice and help on how to fix this because I don't know what to do anymore.

Thank you all.
Madam, u r lucky to b married to a very sweet,loving,caring...gentleman and he adores u. Did I hear u say "DIVOURCE" don't even thing about it. Your hubby is the kind of man that most women( like me) crave for. Talk to him and work things out. Wish you the best. God pls bless me with that type of husband.
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by royal231(m): 10:36am On Nov 26, 2015
You suppose dey happy na... no worry until another woman come hol am .. dat time your eye go clear

enstack:
I had to create a new account just to post this as it's quite sensitive. It's quite lengthy too but I'll be brief. I need mature and friendly advice from people here.

When I first met my husband, it was in a library. We talked briefly and we became close. I have had past relationships in my life so I was careful as possible. I realised that he had no past relationship. He was a typical virgin and was new and I was his first girlfriend. So I felt comfortable with him. He was so kind and loving so I agreed to marry him.

Now it has gotten worse. Everytime he does anything I want without asking questions. At first I enjoyed it but now I'm starting to worry about him as it's getting out of hand. He does not display any act of manliness in the house. He behaves like my puppet or my foot stool. The other day he was watching the soccer game and I just jokingly mentioned how boring it was and I would prefer the faith channel. He changed the channel to the faith channel just like that. Even at work he would be calling me and texting me I am even scared he would loose his job if his employer finds out.

I have no time for myself.. he is always around. Sometimes if I say no to his advances for sex he would act like I am a wicked woman who has cheated him or rubbed him of his right. He would give me the silent treatment for weeks until I give in. On Sunday he insisted on going with me to the salon and it's now embarrassing as every Sunday my mates in the salon would gossip about how my husband is the only man amongst women making their hairs because his wife is there. I try to talk to him but he would feel so sad like I have taken smething away. I don't understand.

If I'm studying at night, he would suddenly begin to romance me and strip me of my clothing without saying anything first when he can see I'm studying. If I rebuke him, he would be very sad. Every time he must have one intimate relation with me everyday and life does not work that way. I don't know if it's immaturity or he is sick mentally. The day I returned home 11pm due to huge traffic jam, I was expecting him to be furious like any other man.. he was with all smiles even offered me water and collected my bag and books. Christ.

I need sincere help. I told his family that I'll file a divorce if this continues as I cannot live like this. It's no longer love but idolatry. I thought it's wives that are submissive.. he is the one submissive. Anything I ask... he grants even silly things. Things that a real man would query before granting.

I am sure that if I ask him to bathe in acid he would do it. I'm sick and tired of this marriage. Just a year. The last quater he gave me his ATM to spend when I went for training in Abuja. When I was spending excessively he was quiet about it until I returned and found it he was broke that i wrecked him. I was wondering what happened to him. Why didn't he talk?

Please Nairalanders what is happening? I love him still and divorce would be my last resort. I need your advice and help on how to fix this because I don't know what to do anymore.

Thank you all.
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Fearcom(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2015
There's always a big disadvantage for marrying a lady who's sexually experienced and I will tell you why: all the sexual energy and excitement you should have restrained during spinster hood has already been released. You released yours while he kept his. Sex isn't new nd exciting to you so you don't see it as something special. People newly disvirgined like to have sex frequently. You have been married a year and you are already complaining Let your husband, who has never had any sexual partner beside you, fall into the hand of one of these really bad girls who will satisfy him sexually or let him start tasting the forbidden fruit. When the novelty is removed from your husband's eyes.....

You will know trouble has landed.

The money he spends on you will be 'diverted', the tables concerning his 'frivolous' sexual demands will turn when he NO LONGER TOUCHES you. No more trips to the saloon. No more attention. He will receive long and affection from elsewhere.

End time complaints.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by sammhi(m): 10:38am On Nov 26, 2015
you are a bunch big fool... I always wonda why gud men marries asshole s like you ..while bad men married very gud women.....
You are not a godly woman at all....may God direct you to what you want...
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by mekonglobal(m): 10:38am On Nov 26, 2015
optimusprime2:

I carefully read your whole writeup, hence my whole quote... Firstly (Pardon me for being Blunt) I think you are quite a Naive, selfish and shallow woman who is insensitive to a man as delicate natured as your husband- for a start, I believe you are a christian, go and read the book of Proverbs chapter 31 vs 10-31 it should give you insight of the role of a good wife.
Many women pray for the kind of man you have as a husband, and here you are complaining about what you have... A wife is a friend, a partner, a buddie et al, apparently you have'nt carved out that Niche for your husband, because you have already viewed and tagged him as a weakling.
Secondly You lack the caring instinct of a mother; if you did, you would have known how to adjust your husband to fit your specs, with Love. Cant you see he is as a child to you? I wonder how you would care for kids with special needs with an attitude of insensitivity like this...
Thirdly, you are inconsiderate; Because you know that's how he is and yet you choose to exploit his shortcomings/weaknesses, then complain in the end- You should be ashamed of yourself.
Fourthly, You are the solitary lady- basically you love doing your thingys alone. It's unfortunate you married a man who values company and companionship, now in marriage, the definition of you is "Selfish" because all you lookout for is "You" ... sorry girl thats the picture I see.
Fifth, Your perspective of marriage is so shallow... And I have a deep pity for you because you still think marriage is post courtship, an indirect reflection of your psychological immaturity (Geez I'm really sorry for the bluntness but I just cant help it)
Sixth, You are just not romantic period.... (A wife beater would have suited you just fine)
If you think people will come and sympathize with you here on Nairaland for your woes and complaints on this matter, you are wrong, very wrong .... Go and analyse your shortcomings woman and fix up your marriage.
Overall I feel bad for your husband- it's really not his fault. He married a girl not a woman. (Sorry girl just being blunt)
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by francizy(m): 10:40am On Nov 26, 2015
enstack:

Thank you all.

Hehehehehe, my only advise is; divorce him and end up with a woman beater!

Gush that man mumu oh! Him think say he day NY, Chicago abi na London where men dey treat their wives like treasures ni? grin cheesy
Hmmm, if he wasn't caring, na still una go run come NL come write epistle. Now you found a caring man and complaining again? Or do you prefer he slaps yah face regularly in order to reset your memory?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by chidiandre(m): 10:40am On Nov 26, 2015
Wtf!!!!! is this ...you women don't know what you want....if he's the type of man that beats u complains or cheats...,you will still complain.... madam shatap there jare......in short file for divorce and let me see the next person u will marry....
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by dwen: 10:40am On Nov 26, 2015
enstack:

Thank you all.
Beloved, give him time, I probably was worst than him. but now my wife complains i have being married for years now, and i have grown to understand women more now, i still do the cooking some time, infact i did the cooking last night. what you shld do now is pray he does not change and you learn to key into his life style...by the time he gets to understand "WOMAN", HE WILL ADJUST. Am talking from experience

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by burnfire202(m): 10:40am On Nov 26, 2015
I don try make i hold dis pain but i no fit. No b ur fault sha. If i call u ONUKU now dem go say i insult u. U b real ONUKU
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 26, 2015
enstack:

Thank you all.
to my understanding dear,you need to see a psychologist secretly without your husband knowing and complain to him/her,And you should also confront your husband in an intelligent manner that won't lead to quarrel between both of you,and be careful if you wanna seek for religious help
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Bolaadu(m): 10:40am On Nov 26, 2015
what did u expect from a virgin husband ,he lack experience ,to my own observation he has no friend. woman appreciate what God gave u.if u divorce dis man I bet u dis man we kill himself becos he has nobody to console him.except street guy talk to him.
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Opetech(m): 10:41am On Nov 26, 2015
Story like this make one think twice about marriage! What does a woman really want?

Who brought this to front page sef?
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by UKPAI25(m): 10:41am On Nov 26, 2015
optimusprime2:

I carefully read your whole writeup, hence my whole quote... Firstly (Pardon me for being Blunt) I think you are quite a Naive, selfish and shallow woman who is insensitive to a man as delicate natured as your husband- for a start, I believe you are a christian, go and read the book of Proverbs chapter 31 vs 10-31 it should give you insight of the role of a good wife.
Many women pray for the kind of man you have as a husband, and here you are complaining about what you have... A wife is a friend, a partner, a buddie et al, apparently you have'nt carved out that Niche for your husband, because you have already viewed and tagged him as a weakling.
Secondly You lack the caring instinct of a mother; if you did, you would have known how to adjust your husband to fit your specs, with Love. Cant you see he is as a child to you? I wonder how you would care for kids with special needs with an attitude of insensitivity like this...
Thirdly, you are inconsiderate; Because you know that's how he is and yet you choose to exploit his shortcomings/weaknesses, then complain in the end- You should be ashamed of yourself.
Fourthly, You are the solitary lady- basically you love doing your thingys alone. It's unfortunate you married a man who values company and companionship, now in marriage, the definition of you is "Selfish" because all you lookout for is "You" ... sorry girl thats the picture I see.
Fifth, Your perspective of marriage is so shallow... And I have a deep pity for you because you still think marriage is post courtship, an indirect reflection of your psychological immaturity (Geez I'm really sorry for the bluntness but I just cant help it)
Sixth, You are just not romantic period.... (A wife beater would have suited you just fine)
If you think people will come and sympathize with you here on Nairaland for your woes and complaints on this matter, you are wrong, very wrong .... Go and analyse your shortcomings woman and fix up your marriage.
Overall I feel bad for your husband- it's really not his fault. He married a girl not a woman. (Sorry girl just being blunt)

Bro wherever you what u do u ll do well in it,u spoke perfectly well.i hope this lady reads ur post n shut up forever.u re simply good,more power to ur elbow. and for u woman go ahead n divorce ur husband for ur selfish and myopic reasons.
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by ransomed: 10:41am On Nov 26, 2015
Woman needs are insatiable. Are you sure it is not that Otumokpo that is working contrarily? I mean the love portion you innocently spiked in his drink when you were dating. Have you forgotten? Reverse it and he becomes the battery, authoritative and misery type. The choice is yours.
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 26, 2015
The husband over-trusts her self... the problem is that he is too clingy and does not have a sense of "independence" that the average guy usually has... example: if I am watching WWE wrestling, even my own mother CANNOT tell me to change the channel, the kind of pitbull look I give my sister, mother and girlfriend when they are trying to get me to stop watching wrestling tells them to back of!

The OP's husband is acting too weak... women are NOT attracted to very weak men... when I mean weak I mean personality weak... it doesn't matter if OP's husband is a black belter in karate or can lift 300 kilograms of steel barbells... he has a very weak and clingy attitude.

JERRY1925:

Madam, u just said ur side of the story, but I can assure u, nd I knw d kind of man u got married tooo, he choose to love u..dnt LET HIM CHANGE dat, all u need to do, is to make him trust u..i guess u'v told him how hurt u'v been in the past..(u knw does stories u'v told him)...all u should do is make him feel save...I guess he does not really trust u..so he's do all he can...and u his 1st...dnt let him change..dere will be no average change dat will suit u better dan dis...dnt let him give u his other side...ALL men can be desame, dnt change him.
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by kristen12(f): 10:42am On Nov 26, 2015
See someone complaining of what I'm begging God for. Nawa ooooo
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by rattlesnake(m): 10:42am On Nov 26, 2015
Mental illness emasculated him
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Jonwesley(m): 10:44am On Nov 26, 2015
This what happens when an overused lady marries a virgin. His low self esteem was because you de-flowered him. You were into several relationships in your past and have experienced all shades of hard guys with guts and non commitment. That experience has become your lifestyle that you hardly appreciate a good man that God gave to you.
And I want to believe you are older in age, not believing your claim of "about the same age" you made earlier.
But does he not work? Is he employed or into personal business? He appears not busy at all.
Imagine a woman that wants sex when she is forced. You are insensitive to him and independent. You are not a christian too, just the shallow type and hypocritical hide and cover christian. You even contemplating divorce, a marriage of just a year? No battering, adultery from the man but loving and idolizing his woman. God, how did U make woman?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by chigoizie7(m): 10:44am On Nov 26, 2015
enstack:

Thank you all.

OP, I am not gonna be judgmental here. I will not criticize u, neither will I criticize your man. But I want to ask you a question, but I will ignore all other things that u said and focus on the one that caught my attention.

U said he once gave you his ATM card, and u went on a reckless spending, but he didn't complain until u came back to realize that he is broke.

My question is this, " Are u "that" insensitive" ?

Someone gave you his/her ATM card, u must have checked his balance , u must have known that he gave you the card because he was being supportive. And then u kept spending and not checking the balance to see if u have dried up the account, just because he didn't call you to caution you on your spending spree?

I mean, this is the most stupid thing someone could do to someone he/she claims to love.

U ve already known that he has always been like that, yet u kept taking advantage of it and then came to complain.

He has a problem alright, but u have the bigger problem here which is "insensitivity". U are both married,u should always have his back and do things normally and not capitalizing on his weak points to make caricature of him or his person, you should be helping him and not taking advantage.

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by francizy(m): 10:45am On Nov 26, 2015
optimusprime2:

No mind the yeye woman! grin
She go soon marry man way go dey wipe am slap as good morning greeting! grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by bettercreature(m): 10:45am On Nov 26, 2015
Femsyn:
This shouldnt have been brought to frontpage. Too many silly kids online theses days.

Back to topic; i would rather advise that you should be careful with "having a conversation with him". While it seems like the only way out, i fear it might turn him to something else, and backfire. Still, i must be sincere with you that, i doubt if he would ever change to that kind of man you desire.

I feel your pain, and i understand your husband's behaviour is not normal. There are some attributes that should be for the man of the house, likewise, the woman. The roles are clearly spelt out. Unfortunately, in your own case, there seem to be a role reversal.

You are an ideal woman, and i think you should keep praying for him, cos i feel, by trying to fine-tune him, he might overdo it.
He will change! virgin men are always like that,i can feel the OP pains really,you guy think its what every ladies want but i dont think so,HOT LOVE is very bad and dangerious
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Maduabuchuqwu(m): 10:46am On Nov 26, 2015
It is wa oh,unfaithful, they'll complain, too faithful, they'll still complain.
This one is strong.
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by mranova(m): 10:47am On Nov 26, 2015
commitcrime:
Hmmmmm

Since u want sincere mature advice. I ll oblige u.

You re a fool!

Your husband loves u so much that he dotes on u. All men would normally do that but men like me dated bitches so we transformed and became assholes.

If ur husband worships u. It is normal

It is left for u to take the obeisances in humility and reciprocate.

If u turn him into an asshole. Babe I promise u. You ve lost him forever.

P.S
I realise it is easy being an asshole than a gentleman

#TEAMASSHOLE

This thread should have been closed after your comment. It captures all the answers she needs. Well as they say one man's food is another man's poison. Many women are dying for such attention from their men but no way.
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Elle277(f): 10:47am On Nov 26, 2015
op don taste hard men in her spinster days now to cope with this made in heaven guy is hard for her.. chai I pity you o..nah when you divorce that man you go no say kaki no be leather..the man got no woman to compare with you.. but you in other hand have numerous ex's to compare and contrast with your husband..madam appreciate your husband abeg..if the love is too much for you to handle give him kids it will reduce..nah so I hear..man wey you for leave for other better ladies wey don dey fine husband tey tey...mtseeew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Osun: Wife Damages Husband’s Genitals Over Infidelity / AbdulRahman Musa Impregnated Inmate’s Wife, Married Her / Pls Help!! My Wife Fought With My Mother Following A Quarrel. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.