Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll (31320 Views)

Alexander Akenzua's 7th Birthday: Omosede Igbinedion's Ferrari Party For Son / Buhari Sacks FIRS Chairman Appoints Babantunde Fowler As Replacement / Buhari Sacks His CSO, Appoints Usman As Replacement- Theeagleonline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by chinchum(m): 1:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
Sheggy13:

While we all know the 25000+ votes can't upturn the victory of APC, doing what you suggest would mean INEC intentionally disenfranchising a whooping 25000+ people of the state. Little as you may see it,but that in itself can throw up unnecessary legal brouhaha for INEC; hence they decided to play safe. However, I'm much inclined to your opinion on a personal basis,as INEC outrightly announcing d winner of last weekend's election would not have caused all these confusion about what the constitution/electoral act says about the death of a candidate before the conclusion of an election. Faleke would have easily become governor in that scenario, but will the Igala people not turn violent on hearing such news, as they feel ruling the state perpetually is their birthright. That's why you see them rooting for the son to replace the father (without recourse to his ability/inability to deliver), instead of elevating Faleke or the closest runner-ups in the primaries,who are all not Igala people. It's a very sick country we're in sadly.
No, it doesn't work that way, if the total registered votes of cancelled areas was less than the margin of the 1st and 2nd candidate, the voters in cancelled areas will be "disenfranchised".
Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by chinchum(m): 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
Eziachi:
PVC collection is on going after the March election.
Yes , i am aware of continuos voter registration, and PVC collection , even at that , someone just reported the total collected is "35,785" .
Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by chinchum(m): 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
I totally understand your logic. But the unfortunate thing is that PVC is not recognised by the Electoral Act. As far as the Electoral Act is concerned, all registered voters are eligible voters and all eligible voters are registered voters. So INEC hands are tied. I think it's high time the Electoral Act is amended to take care of these flaws.
You have a point, i guess lawyers in the house can clarify this.
Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by modath(f): 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
chinchum:
Yes , i am aware of continuos voter registration, and PVC collection , even at that , someone just reported the total collected is "35,785" .

That REC created all these drama cos he is sympthetic to the Igala cause....

This contraption called Nigeria is a Joke... angry

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by wirinet(m): 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
Son ko, wife ni. We should make up our minds if we want to practice democracy or monarchy. In a democratic setting, the Audu's son does not even enter the equation. The person holding the keys to the whole embrolio is the deputy governorship candidiate - Fadeke, without him the whole scheme cooked up by APC is dead on arrival. His situation is similar to Jonathan's when PDP refused to make him acting president after Yaradua's death because he is from a minority tribe. Fadeke already has 241,000 votes in the kitty (which might even be enough to make him deputy governor elect/Governor elect) all he requires is 5,000 more votes. If APC is ready to throw away 421,000 votes because their deputy is from a minority tribe, then APC is worse than PDP.

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by chinchum(m): 2:12pm On Nov 26, 2015
modath:

That REC created all these drama cos he is sympthetic to the Igala cause....

This contraption called Nigeria is a Joke... angry
If true, that is shameful.
Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by aniblue(m): 2:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
undecided lipsrsealed End time supporters

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by idima(m): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
Nigeria. mmmmmmmmm
Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by Ameenameen: 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
Bunch of illitrate supporter have they ever seen where a coach featured an unregistered player in a football match
NO.

1 Like

Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by OAMMB(f): 6:26am On Nov 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Hey sweetheart, how are you? Did your forget the password of your email?
Hey boo boo.... How body.
Bin so busy latey on a training outside my comfort zone.
I didn't see any email tho.
Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by tpiadotcom: 6:28am On Nov 27, 2015
wirinet:
Fadeke. . . . . . . . Fadeke . . . . . . . . .

Faleke
Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:22am On Nov 27, 2015
OAMMB:

Hey boo boo.... How body.
Bin so busy latey on a training outside my comfort zone.
I didn't see any email tho.
Body misses you so so much. I did reply you... Check your spam!

I've dropped a second reply a moment ago...
Re: Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll by gbemi2007: 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
DOCUMENTS SHOWS ALLEGATIONS AGAINST ATAWODI WAS A CONSPIRACY

Fresh facts have emerged suggesting that AVM Saliu Atawodi lately quizzed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was a victim of high-wire conspiracy and falsehood, with Rabiu Hassan, a former beneficiary of Atawodi’s good gestures as the petitioner.
In some new documents released to the press, Atawodi who had a distinguished and unblemished career in the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) as a fighter pilot, was accused of diverting N620, 910,000.00 of public funds meant for the purchase of some boats on the aegis of Presidential Implementation Committee on Maritime Security (PICOMMS).
A first document shows a handwritten letter by the accuser dated 14/04/2012 with a section confirming the use of the disputed N620 million, much earlier than the time the accuser said he released them in cash to AVM Atawodi.
“My main interest”, the accuser had said, “is to collect the Boats, sell them and return the N620million paid so as to protect your office and integrity. I don’t care about making money out of this. God will always provide”.
An earlier paragraph had confirmed the disputed N620million was “paid in full for the basic boats”, and “the only outstanding is for spare-parts, amour, spare-engine and training which are all optional items. They have no reason not to release the boats immediately”
In another document, an Ecobank Statement of Account, dated January 19th 2012, showed how the contentious amount allegedly diverted by Atawodi was disbursed to various recipients between November 29th and December 12, 2011, raising fundamental questions on how the said amount would again have been handed over to Atawodi.
Sources further confirmed that Atawodi’s travails emanated from his attempt to push PICOMMS to an agency status, in what would have conflicted with NIMASA’s subsisting and continuous bid to protect the Nigerian waters through private security concerns-an arrangement that has on its own generated serious controversies around how the country’s security was being compromised on the altar of cronyism.
It was said that PICOMMS had conceived of sponsoring an Act to the National Assembly for the development of Nigerian Transport Security Agency as is seen in other civilized climes, given the importance of the transport sector to nation’s economy and the increasing crime and terrorism acts in that governance department.
Reference is made to the evolution of the US transport security and the British Transport police, which gained ascendance in the wake of the September 9th, 2011 attack in the case of the United States and the July 5, 2005 terrorism acts in the UK. The case witnessed the hijacking of US planes and the bombings of trains and buses in the UK.
Similar security architecture was conceived for Nigerian through PICOMMS, in what was said to be a patriotic move by Atawodi. Unknown to him he was reportedly working against some vested interests who eventually found a tool in Rabiu Hassan.
It was also revealed that the anti-Atawodi elements found an alliance in forces who were bent on shutting him out of the race for the Luggard House in Lokoja following the assumption that a fraud allegation from the EFCC would be a handful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abia Speaker, Kennedy Njoku, Resigns / Fayose: 'APC My Foot! I Will Never Have Anything To Do With APC' / Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.