Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. (27010 Views)

Muslims Kick Against Christian/Christian Ticket In Ondo State / Question Niger-Delta Avengers Asked Buhari And Northern Lawmakers / NDDC: Imo Lawmakers Kick Against Semenitari's Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
The North should be given a country of their own so they can learn the effects of overpopulation from experience.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by emmalexabl(m): 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2015
How are we going to eliminate extreme poverty and hunger in Nigeria with this kind of mentality..??

Am really disappointed this is even coming from the so called elites.,
Their mentality and that of the almajiris are one and the same..

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by banio: 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2015
Let this con3 split oh. We are not one

3 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by whatisthetruth: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2015
Owliver:
its pains me that christians will sit and sing kumbaya anytime this muslims behave anyhow. gosh i love the christians and non-religious guys in central african republic. they gave those muslims violence for violence. violence is needed against this people so we can all burn if thats the case undecided

Christians would hardly ever be violent and other groups would likely only act in self defense.

What the world needs is policy to stop Islam.

Islam is the only "religion" that crosses over to politics wherever it is found. Installing sharia law and an Islamic state once they become the majority.

Islam must be stopped.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
ADENIRUJU:

When the Bible says multiply, it means 4.you and your wife two x two is four. May the good Lord give us understanding.

Bros, this your interpretation na wire o.

Anyway, most Nigerian families already practice the four children per household plan without any coercion. And the rate at which the population is exploding is unhealthy.

Two is a perfect number, IMO.

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by dikeigbo2(m): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2015
End time lawbreakers
End time religion
End time contributions
End time thinking
End time terrorist
In fact all about you is end time
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
bigdot1759:
u must be a COMPOUND FOOL, cuz. Are Muslims dominant of China who take 25% of world population including India? OPONU ABUNU
The Chinese had been practising birth control for decades.

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by koma1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hefemale:
make them dey born like dog, none of my business
And when they say the north has the largest population in the country you'll be the 1st to dispute it
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by uboma(m): 2:57pm On Nov 26, 2015
Forwetinnah:

It's a shame really...Visit countries where Islam Originated from, you will never find some of these practices but in Nigeria...smh

This is what you get when law makers are illiterate nomads who think like ANIMALS

Exactly.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
blackfase:
Foolish lawmakers, evil region & silly religion...quote me and peg for life.
Who is this Biafra frustrated bastard You are a mor*on Pig.

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by lastpage: 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2015
uboma:
Most Muslims and their way of thinking still remains a mystery to me. Visit the North and see children littered everywhere with little or no parental care. These little children are left on their own to fend for themselves (begging with their plates) at a very young age under harsh conditions.

This makes me think of a select few Muslims who are married to just one wife and have less than 5 children. Don't these set of Muslims employ birth control measures in their lives? Does their lifestyle weaken their faith as Muslims?

At the end of the day, it is these abandoned children on the streets that take up arms (after being bribed with some money) to kill other innocent people(of other faith inclusive) and destroy homes and properties on the request of a few disgruntled elements.

The Northerns need to go back to the drawing board or they will continue to heap problems for themselves.

Caveat: I am a Christian

I dont think the "number of wives" has anything to do with the "NUMBER or QUALITY of Children"... a family has!

*I have seen a family of one wife without any Children ...while l have also seen a similar set-up, with eleven (Yes, 11) children
* I have seen a man married with three wives yet he has just six children ....while his neighbour with a single wife, has eight (cool children
* I have seen a family with only one child, that ended-up being a truant, a cultist and complete embarrassment to the parents
*I have also seen a family of six (mine) where all the Children had at least, a master's degree, all doing well in life

Thus, l want to conclude that the number of children one has, is a concious decision of the husband and wife (wives) ..
And how you train those children and how they turn out in life, is primarily a function of the amount of TIME and ENERGY you invest in them, as they grow up.

Most people think once you shower your kids with money and provide everything they demand for, they will turn out well?
Answer is "No".

The "Personal time" you spend with your children, checking their behaviour and correcting it on a daily basis, going through their home work with them, praying with them, eating with them, listening to them, encouraging them, boosting their confidence, teaching them about the morals and values/pitfalls of life, living a "good example" in their presence, e.t.c contributes more to their success, than MONEY.

Ofcourse, if you have a good amount of money to boot, it makes the job easier.

Those children you see up North are a product of ignorant and selfish parents whose "mentality" are also brainwashed by their religion, to a large extent.

We in the Southern part of Nigeria, even amongst Muslims, seem to place much premium on the success of our children ..maybe because we see them as a "continuation of our own life", after we die.
We just "love and cherish" life, ....and being alive, than the average Northerner.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by olaBanks(m): 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2015
Of the comments i read, i didnt not see a person sid that Christainity is in support of family planning. There is no verse of the Bible that expressly supported familiy planning. And if a true christain just supports this without cogent reason, he is a innovator!
An inovator is a person who infuss his REASON into RELIGION, for region is not scientific, its purely based on faith! If not, how would a Christain professor of Mathematics believed the doctrine of TRINITY. Its commensensically wrong.
And as a matter of fact, Catholicism outrightly forbades its adherents from engaging in control. A true catholic will not disprove of this! In Islam and pristine christainity, family planning is not allowed. But, unless, if need be and as santioned by those in authority.
In the same vein, Catholics protested the use of contraceptives in the United Kingdom, some years ago.
How come Christains dont see these issues! It only takes one thing to be a CHRISTAIN - 'Just believe in Jesus, as your lord! And takes more to be MUSLIM - Believe in Allah(One God), Believe in Angel, Believe in Other holy books, do not eat usury(Interest), Swine, Alchohol and be weary of innovations! For if, you innovation, its all messed up!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by instaforexngr(m): 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
Islam!!! Islam!!! Islam!!!
Why is everything in the news these last few weeks is all about Islam?

Is the world tilting to only 1 religion?
Because the last time I checked there are several other religions.

And i think its unfair if one religion should get undue advantage over others.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by bugzbunny: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
sirade:

My dear we have oil that can take care of all our bills.
The man is right undecided
Oil?....whose oil?
Hw much is the oil now?
Do u hv a job?
Hw many years hv u searched?
go bk to skol infact....rubbish
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by DonPizzaro: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
That religion is obsolete.Designed for the stone and dark ages when they probably needed numbers.
These foolish and impactless islamic northern lawmakers will just keep us in backwardness.
Go to china and learn how they managed their population.
The world is fast evolving beyond religion not God.

Insult Me and beg for life.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
scholes0:
Most Northerners are retarrded, but they don't know it.
I wonder how these people reason ....

Abeg to your tents, everybody - By 2020 a Southern candidate won't even be able to win elections again...
Just like your useless drunkard father and olosho mother

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Owliver(m): 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2015
whatisthetruth:

Christians would hardly ever be violent and other groups would likely only act in self defense.

What the world needs is policy to stop Islam.

Islam is the only "religion" that crosses over to politics wherever it is found. Installing sharia law and an Islamic state once they become the majority.

Islam must be stopped.
the problem are their so called moderate. they turn a blind eye to the attricities. but when you react they say islam is peace. i dont know what they teach in their mosque.

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by raayah(f): 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
munex007:
Why saying something you have no knowledge of?

Women in Islam are thought to be subjugated, degraded, oppressed - but are they really? Are millions of Muslims simply that oppressive or are these misconceptions fabricated by a biased media?

Over fourteen hundred years ago, Islam gave women rights that women in the West have only recently began to enjoy. In the 1930?s, Annie Besant observed, ?It is only in the last twenty years that Christian England has recognised the right of woman to property, while Islam has allowed this right from all times. It is a slander to say that Islam preaches that women have no souls.?

Islam honours women greatly. It honours women as mothers who must be respected, Pleasing one's mother is regarded as part of pleasing Allaah. Islam tells us that Paradise lies at the mother’s feet

Islam also honours women as wives. Islam urges the husband to treat his wife in a good and kind manner,and says that the wife has rights over the husband like his rights over her

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I urge you to treat women well.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 331; Muslim, 1468.

You are pretending to be unaware of the various oppression women face especially in primary islamic locations.
If you can plainly deceive yourself like this, opinions and facts will not deter your thinking.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by scholes0(m): 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2015
sameer1212:
Just like your useless drunkard father and olosho mother

The only stupid Almajiri who managed to get internet connection or travel abroad.
Quote me again, and Sango will visit you this afternoon angry

3 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by jomoh: 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
Forget the religion matter in it. Those northern lawmakers are bloody illiterates using the religion as a cover for their folly.

Both religion says we should marry and multiply. It is even more explicit in the Bible than the quran.

But we have to note that Islam does not support parents just giving birth without being responsible for their children. In fact Islam frowns on it in so many ways. Those northern illiterates should come and tell us how many children did the prophets of God had while alive in comparism to their wealth.

I am a muslim I've been fortunate to live briefly among northerners in Abuja. Most of these people are just fanatic who are majorly not vast in islamic teachings. Sometimes Islam will give permission on one side and issue a strong caution on another side. These people only follow the permission and forget the strong caution(caveat).

Example 1:

Permission: Islam gives room for a man to have more than one wife.

Caution/caveat: you're allowed to have more than one wife provided you can just in your dealings with them, you can provide equality in all your dealings with them(buy cloths for them at the same time; have sex with them the same number of times; eat their foods equally; love them equally). No preferential treatment.

Verdict: who among the human race can be just? Who among human race can be make provisions equaly between two people.

Example 2:

Permission Islam gives permission for retaliation.

Caution Provided it will be in equal measure.

E.g. Someone hits you with a rod. You're allowed to hit the person back. Provided it is with a rod also and in equal measure of force.

But if you decide to forgive there is a reward for it.

Anybody well groomed and grounded in the religion will not just keep marrying and having kids because Islam say we should but he will also think of the number of people(children and wifes) he will be responsible for on the day of judgement.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by coolcalm13(f): 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2015
That's just pathetic though...some Christians too believe its a "mortal sin" so let's dnt crucify the Muslims yet because Not all of them believe in it as well as Christians .
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by cenaboy(m): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
vladimiros:
[size=13pt]when you put your Religion before Common Sense..then you are no different from a slowpoke[/size]
This is the more reason why they should go to their northern protectorate and leave us alone for good

3 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2015
francizy:

True! In Nigeria, people only look at the immediate benefits of their actions without examining the long term socio economic impact of the said actions. You make use of miscreants to keep north in charge but do not develop your region for those kids to feel the impact of your governance, then what are you inviting? Possible anarchy and massive breakdown of law and order. Let them do as they wish, it's their headache tho.
Something has to be done about them cos as long as they continue with this under the entity called Nigeria, it's all of us that will suffer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
francizy:

True! In Nigeria, people only look at the immediate benefits of their actions without examining the long term socio economic impact of the said actions. You make use of miscreants to keep north in charge but do not develop your region for those kids to feel the impact of your governance, then what are you inviting? Possible anarchy and massive breakdown of law and order. Let them do as they wish, it's their headache tho.
Yea they're the ones that will feel the pain most on the long run
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by lastpage: 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
DonPizzaro:
That religion is obsolete.Designed for the stone and dark ages when they probably needed numbers.
These foolish and impactless islamic northern lawmakers will just keep us in backwardness.
Go to china and learn how they managed their population.
The world is fast evolving beyond religion not God.

Insult Me and beg for life.

I agree with you!

Islam needs to "RE-INVENT, EVOLVE and REBRAND" itself...... just like Christianity did, after the dark ages of Crusading.

But their are too many ignorant "Islamic Schoolers" who benefit from the current status-quo who dint want such evolution to take place.

"Those who fail to evolve, will eventually go extinct".
... its just a question of time

Lastpage!

BTW: What did you say about insulting you? You phucking Muppet! shocked shocked grin grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
Mufasa27:
Hausas are most useless people on earth after the Fulani's

Feel free to quote me....
bastard. What is your tribe before I engage words with low life like you

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by lastpage: 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
sameer1212:
bastard. What is your tribe before I engage words with low life like you

Why would you descend low to engage an imp like that?
Just ignore the Eediot and let him/her wallow in their ignorance.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2015
garbasanimusa30:
I support the northerner lawmakers because is against our great religion ISLAM
I think you deserve to be also given a great country of your own so you can continue your quest for population explosion under your great religion.

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by whatisthetruth: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2015
Owliver:
the problem are their so called moderate. they turn a blind eye to the attricities. but when you react they say islam is peace. i dont know what they teach in their mosque.

Both moderate and radical Muslims want the same thing, Islamic states.

They just go about it differently.

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by ManTiger(m): 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
[size=25pt]But they won't kick against Terrorism, "Boko Haram, is it pro-Islam?[/size]

Yeye dey mess.

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
scholes0:

The only stupid Almajiri who managed to get internet connection or travel abroad.
Quote me again, and Sango will visit you this afternoon angry
Dude You look ugly and un kept Hungry and frustration is all written on your body. Bastard!

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Eziachi: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
More reason why Nigeria will never work as one entity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Operation Python Dance: Igbos March To Aso Rock Villa To Commend Buhari / GRV: A Lagos Original For Inclusiveness, Not Division (Photos) / Ike Ekweremadu And Makarfi Return To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.