Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. (27012 Views)

Muslims Kick Against Christian/Christian Ticket In Ondo State / Question Niger-Delta Avengers Asked Buhari And Northern Lawmakers / NDDC: Imo Lawmakers Kick Against Semenitari's Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by sabi99(m): 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
Sanusi will still acquire another wife soon. Some muslims will marry 9 wives with 77 children n later they wud buy a register to put all their names since d one man can't recognise all his children or he wud use matchet to give them different scary marks on their smooth Godgiven faces

2 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by lastpage: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
cenaboy:
This is the more reason why they should go to their northern protectorate and leave[b] us[/b] alone for good

Who is "US"?

Why dont you phucking bug-off to your own Eastern protectorate?

Nigeria is one and shall remain one.
Whatever challenges some parts have, we have the capability to "assist them" overcome it afterall, none of us is perfect in any way.

Lastpage!
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by sirade(m): 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2015
bugzbunny:

Oil?....whose oil?
Hw much is the oil now?
Do u hv a job?
Hw many years hv u searched?
go bk to skol infact....rubbish

Yes I am a Nigerian and Nigeria has oil which is for the development of all nation irrespective of ethnic divides.

The price of oil using Brent as a standard is $44/barrel.

I repeat that man is right, we have the resources i.e. oil.
undecided
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by scholes0(m): 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
sameer1212:
Dude You look ugly and un kept Hungry and frustration is all written on your body. Bastard!

Stupid towelhead with a bomb hidden under his turban.
You people produce like freaking Pigs!

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by solodaps: 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2015
The point is that IT IS A CHOICE, why do Muslims always try to make their religious beliefs mandatory,
I care less if Islam support or not,
Abeg Muslims No b by force eeeeehh, abi una god na tyrant?, we r tired of hearing Islam support this, Islam doesn't support that, una won turn Quran to Nigeria constitution? And this is happening everywhere in d world, I think d name is not Islam, it is FORCESLAM cuz d religion forbids freewill

7 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by francizy(m): 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2015
Sincere4u:

Something has to be done about them cos as long as they continue with this under the entity called Nigeria, it's all of us that will suffer.

You're right but what do we do? These people seems to call the shots in this country..
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Owliver(m): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
whatisthetruth:

Both moderate and radical Muslims want the same thing, Islamic states.

They just go about it differently.
the central african republic case is what they deserve.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by viviangist2: 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Hefemale: 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2015
koma1:

And when they say the north has the largest population in the country you'll be the 1st to dispute it
We all know they have the largest population, I'm not disputing it. Their girls start having kids at 10 or 11 and the males at 14. I thank God I'm not a Northerner.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2015
scholes0:

Stupid towelhead with a bomb hidden under his turban.
You people produce like freaking Pigs!
Another bastard quoting me again. I will only engage you if you are bold enough to put your ugly wretch face to the world to see Bastard pig

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
1: These are the same ignorant dolts who put pubescent girls into the family way and send them down to the South to beg for alms.
2: The same desert-brained misogynist pigs who need supernatural restraint to stop them from raping young women
3: The same hypocritical fascist mongrels who claim divine guidance from the almighty terrorist God and yet ignore their own when such positions cause immigration (displacement) crisis internally and globally
4: The same illiterate bast@#ds who support ill-calculated pregnancies and mass impregnation without the wherewithal to support the child or go for vaccinations.. but yet educate their own children to do the opposite.

We may have our own ignorance-related problems in the South.. the North has far deeper problems plaguing their socioeconomic condition.

No offense to my northern brothers.. it has to be said. the Elitist ranks do not care for your future or your concerns

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by orisa37: 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2015
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by nellyelitz(m): 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2015
oluface:
when you say something is anti islam, you must have refrence and quotes from the holy book. islam is not built on common sense. there are many judgement in islam that is against many people common sense.
or what do I say? Many weird things happen now in the name of Islam
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2015
TruthHurts1:
Nobody should be surprised that this is coming from the most educationally backward part of this country.
Ain't You educated one's foools and slaves by allowing uneducated people ruling over your sorry asses Now tell me who is the Illiterate cheesy
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Djbaka(m): 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
RealSleek:
I am not for biafra neither am I against it...if Nigeria should break, let it be into two- southern and northern Nigeria. in ten years let's compare the two and u will see massive development in the south, quote me anywhere

God Bless you sir!
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Truckpusher(m): 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
sirade:

Sometimes issues like this makes one to swallow his vomit.

Those northern legislators that moved against this bill are so dumb.

I think Nnamdi Kanu is right

God bless Nigeria cool
Nnamdi's agitation was right and just but his map and comments emanating from himself and his bunch of both illiterate and educated supporters is what I'm against.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by uboma(m): 3:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
lastpage:

Caveat: I am a Christian

I dont think the "number of wives" has anything to do with the "NUMBER or QUALITY of Children"... a family has!

*I have seen a family of one wife without any Children ...while l have also seen a similar set-up, with eleven (Yes, 11) children
* I have seen a man married with three wives yet he has just six children ....while his neighbour with a single wife, has eight (cool children
* I have seen a family with only one child, that ended-up being a truant, a cultist and complete embarrassment to the parents
*I have also seen a family of six (mine) where all the Children had at least, a master's degree, all doing well in life

Thus, l want to conclude that the number of children one has, is a concious decision of the husband and wife (wives) ..
And how you train those children and how they turn out in life, is primarily a function of the amount of TIME and ENERGY you invest in them, as they grow up.

Most people think once you shower your kids with money and provide everything they demand for, they will turn out well?
Answer is "No".

The "Personal time" you spend with your children, checking their behaviour and correcting it on a daily basis, going through their home work with them, praying with them, eating with them, listening to them, encouraging them, boosting their confidence, teaching them about the morals and values/pitfalls of life, living a "good example" in their presence, e.t.c contributes more to their success, than MONEY.

Ofcourse, if you have a good amount of money to boot, it makes the job easier.

Those children you see up North are a product of ignorant and selfish parents whose "mentality" are also brainwashed by their religion, to a large extent.

We in the Southern part of Nigeria, even amongst Muslims, seem to place much premium on the success of our children ..maybe because we see them as a "continuation of our own life", after we die.
We just "love and cherish" life, ....and being alive, than the average Northerner.

Lastpage!

I agree with you 100%.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Ephemmm: 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
kaycid77:

Awkward moment when a Yoruba man is fighting everything to be with Igbos.... either as southern Nigeria or One nigeria....
pls face Odua Republic.... Clean country called BIAFRA is what we want no Yoruba contamination.

What are the good things visible in your erosion-infested lands except the agitation for Biafra with Niger Delta oil as your trophy? Go and write it down, any successful Biafra without ND's oil is as futile as GEJ till 2019 tongue tongue tongue
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by munex007(m): 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
Can you explain the parameter you used to conclude that islam oppress their women?

Is it because you see them on Hijab?Do you think being naked has given you more freedom?

quote author=raayah post=40426458]

You are pretending to be unaware of the various oppression women face especially in primary islamic locations.
If you can plainly deceive yourself like this, opinions and facts will not deter your thinking.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by chinchum(m): 3:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
FBR:
Malam Sani Yakubu lives with disability, but that has not deterred him from working hard to earn a living. However, he laments that living in one room at Karmo in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) with his family of 10 is very uncomfortable. They survive mostly on begging while Sanni does some menial works.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/city-news/-we-live-in-a-leaky-shanty/121059.html#eLl96klvZpMQDVmS.99

See Mallam mugun o, Almajiri loading.......99%.

For his warped mind, he expects to be pitied with his 10 children. BABU common sense !

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
cenaboy:
This is the more reason why they should go to their northern protectorate and leave us alone for good
You hit the nail on the head. Simple statement of fact.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by francizy(m): 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
MissAssy:

Yea they're the ones that will feel the pain most on the long run

True but we may as well benefit from it too you know? Only if the Brits didn't merge us for their selfish interests, we wouldn't have been bordered about all these.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by meshack15: 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2015
Well I knew before now that the northerner(Muslims) will kick against the idea, if at this civilised age they cannot see reasons behind the idea of birth control,then it is very unfortunate.
Nigerian population is blowing out of proportion without control,at this age,most educated Muslims still go for a third and fourth wife after having
up-to 10 children on ground already because they want to fulfil their Islamic laws and tradition without considering the economic implication.
the results of this age long beliefs is the countless number of teenage northern youths that find themselves in insurgency and almagiris today.what of the unemployment situation in the country?
these people are seeing all these but still they cannot reason with their brain.at least one doesn,t need education to know the effect of overpopulation at this age.
my take on this is for the government to promulgate a law to regulate and control birth-if you have more than a certain number of children you must pay tax to the government per each number of children you produce in excess of the stipulated number by the government,unfortunately the person in power is one of them who will never buy this idea,it is just so unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
and when you think you have seen it all..These people love the spotlight so much. Is Islam the only religion in Nigeria? Must everything be about them?

Some over-bloated illiterates that call themselves law makers in this country are a curse and a stumbling block to the development of Nigeria. Always hiding under the cloak of religion to gain their selfish and carnal desires.

HUMANKIND FIRST BEFORE RELIGION

3 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by JoeCutie(m): 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2015
MissAssy:

Yea they're the ones that will feel the pain most on the long run
On the long run? Why and how?
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2015
francizy:

You're right but what do we do? These people seems to call the shots in this country..
I foresee them getting back their Northern Protectorate by the grace of God.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by raayah(f): 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2015
#

3 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by bugzbunny: 3:40pm On Nov 26, 2015
sirade:

Yes I am a Nigerian and Nigeria has oil which is for the development of all nation irrespective of ethnic divides.

The price of oil using Brent as a standard is $44/barrel.

I repeat that man is right, we have the resources i.e. oil.
undecided
I knw u are a Muslim...
Worst thing on earth is argue with a terrorist... Boko haram needs illiterate unemployed youths who are products off disfunctional families to do their bidding... Hw can terror succede with family planning and population control..never... Bloody islamists evrywer... Wat a country..

2 Likes

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
nellyelitz:
or what do I say? Many weird things happen now in the name of Islam
LIKE BOKO HARAM

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by tonydatasrvs: 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2015
Get cheap and affordable shared data on all networks. contact tonydataservices on 08099819602.
Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by Xcex: 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2015
D more reason, i call 4 d division of dis cöntraptn, dis set of northern lawmakers ar more in numba, say ney and i, dey say ney, d law wunt b pasd n we remain here wit retards n call it one naijeria. SMH

1 Like

Re: Northern Lawmakers Kick Against Birth Control, Say It Is Anti- Islam. by francizy(m): 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2015
Sincere4u:

I foresee them getting back their Northern Protectorate by the grace of God.

Amen oh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ike Ekweremadu And Makarfi Return To Abuja / INEC Blocks APC From Fielding Candidates In Zamfara For 2019 Elections / Ad Agencies Turning Down Atiku Adverts For Fear Of Buhari Backlash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.