Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Does destiny exist in marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does destiny exist in marriage? (7672 Views)

When She Tries To Play God With Your Destiny (mean Pic) / Can True Love Exist In Poverty ? / Love Still Exist In Nigerian Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does destiny exist in marriage? by ayinisong: 4:50am On May 26, 2009
I'm 24 and she is 22. She is just my friend and we are not lovers although we are close. I took her for sightseeing. During the discussion with the tour guide, he paused and asked her whether she will marry me, just like that.

We were not discussing relationships mind you. He was showing us around the place. And when I asked him why he asked her such a sensitive question, he said he doesn't talk anyhow, that something just put it in his mind to ask her.

When we were about leaving the place he asked me whether I will marry her. I told him I had to think about it.

How come he didn't think that she could be my sister, cousin etc.?

Both of us are graduates, but you know as a girl she will be looking out to get married very soon and definitely, I'm not ready now.
what do I do cos she might be the one for me. Also what do you think about the age difference.

Could it be that we were destined to be together and we didn't know all these years cos she has just been my casual friend, although I know I love her.

I happened to call the guy later and ask him the meaning of what he said, he just said I should think about it. that there is a day that a guy and a girl came to the place and he made the pronouncement and today they are married. I'm confused.
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by C2H5OH(f): 6:17am On May 26, 2009
Oh come on. I have had that happen to me when I was in Nursery 2 lol.
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by sofeo(m): 11:36am On May 28, 2009
C2H5OH:

Oh come on. I have had that happen to me when I was in Nursery 2 lol.

smiley smiley
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by Tonyet1(m): 12:02pm On May 28, 2009
ayinisong:

I'm 24 and she is 22. She is just my friend and we are not lovers although we are close. I took her for sightseeing. During the discussion with the tour guide, he paused and asked her whether she will marry me, just like that.

We were not discussing relationships mind you. He was showing us around the place. And when I asked him why he asked her such a sensitive question, he said he doesn't talk anyhow, that something just put it in his mind to ask her.

When we were about leaving the place he asked me whether I will marry her. I told him I had to think about it.

Both of us are graduates, but you know as a girl she will be looking out to get married very soon and definitely, I'm not ready now.
what do I do cos she might be the one for me. Also what do you think about the age difference.

Could it be that we were destined to be together and we didn't know all these years cos she has just been my casual friend, although I know I love her.

I happened to call the guy later and ask him the meaning of what he said, he just said I should think about it. that there is a day that a guy and a girl came to the place and he made the pronouncement and today they are married. I'm confused.

Bro, wake up dat ur guy is justa MATCH MAKER prolly a fake one

i had a similar experience with my first girl friend, we went to a beach (our first date) and there was this photographer who came up and he ws like, hey you guys match each other, saying the two of us (me and my date) were goin get married! undecided today she is going out with someone else and same with me, so once more i say wake up, he was just trying to play those LOVCE MATCHING GAMES

but for destny in marriage, i will say yes there is such, read much abt it and seen very much of its kind
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by puskin: 12:06pm On May 28, 2009
Wen they wnt 2extort sum coins 4rm U. They tel U sumtin 2catch ur interest.
Very gud local shrinks!!
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by MrCrackles(m): 12:16pm On May 28, 2009
Topic

I think it does!
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by bluespice(f): 12:21pm On May 28, 2009
what exactly is ur question?
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by oludashmi(f): 12:21pm On May 28, 2009
ayinisong:

O boy, age has nothing to do with marriage.

There is nothing like you were destined to be together, if you are [b]very sure you love and understand her (vice versa) [/b]and ready to live with each other for the rest of your lives, then go on. But be very sure you are not mistaking love for closeness/familiarity or lust.

The guy is just match making based on the closeness between you two. The fact that he made the pronouncement for a guy and a girl in the past does not mean he has to make the same pronouncement for every guy and girl that comes for a tour guide with him. Now, he told you that the guy and girl are married but did he tell you if followed up to see if everything is well with the marriage and will last?

Don't be confused, be sure of yourself.

If he has to pronounce that always, then some desperate ladies will have to go with a guy they are close to so that he pronounce it and they get married. wink
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by dawg7o: 12:22pm On May 28, 2009
This is absolutely irrelevant to the topic being discussed but can anybody tell me how to create a topic of discussion in this forum?

Apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Many thanks
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by untainted: 12:25pm On May 28, 2009
u say u love her.
it time u took ur destiny into ur hands!
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by bluespice(f): 12:27pm On May 28, 2009
at the newbie
hun there's a new topic button on the main page u simply click on it
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by kshow1(m): 12:50pm On May 28, 2009
@ poster : common be a man and take control of your life , are you saying you do not know what you need ?
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by mightyex: 1:03pm On May 28, 2009
Hey,I want you to know that destiny really matters alot in anything one does in life. But when talking about the sightseeing, this is another case entirely because one most be very careful about it and also one most not use this to justify or conclude anything you have to do or done.
 As a matter of fact, it has happened to me before, when I took my ex girlfriend issue (getting marry or not) to a sightseeing man. The main reason why I did this, is just because I love her so much. Then I met the main Caterer I want with what the man said. Because the sightseeing man told me that I and the girl are going to get marry with reason that this girl destiny and mine are highly  compatible.
   But now I can tell you that this girl is with another guy and she ripped and betrayed me in many ways b4 she left me. By this am highly dissapointed and have believe that its destiny that matters most in anything we do in life cos no matter anyway it is your destiny will surely come to pass. In my own sense, I dont have my trust in man or anything said by man but in God.

Inconclusion believe that your destiny will come to pass and God we do the best for you also pray towards and you shall see that  its well with you

Courtesy: My Olumyuiwa Olumide (Mighty)
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by JJYOU: 1:06pm On May 28, 2009
destiny! did i hear you call?
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by oludashmi(f): 1:09pm On May 28, 2009
dawg7o:

This is absolutely irrelevant to the topic being discussed but can anybody tell me how to create a topic of discussion in this forum?

Apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Many thanks
Go to the home page, click on the thread related to your topic and click the [b]new topic [/b]button on the top right hand side.
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by REALTRUTH1: 1:14pm On May 28, 2009
@Poster:  No man or anywoman is particularly meant/destined for any man or woman,,,there is no destiny in marriage,,we humans wisely or stupidly chose our destiny when it comes to marriage.Since the advent of Adam and Eve in the Garden of eden,,God has given up on man when it comes to marriage and made man to be solely responsible for his actions and inactions as regards marriage.
What I will tell you is that you re still a very young man think of ur life and future,,,try getting a job b4 U start thinking of marriage,,,love ur life,ur future and ur dreams for life at this stage,,,have an idea of d kind of woman you want in ur life,,,when its time to now get married,,,you would see those ladies in their droves,,,more importantly,,you must not pity anybody in ur choice and don't allow anybody to pity youn too,,,Marriage that would stand the test of time are those which the man in marriage has the strong will to shape and be decisive in in his choice.
Finally note that whatever decision you take in this regards whether good or bad,,you re going to regret,,,but I will say don't take a decision that you would regret so much.take one with a lesser regret!
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by bsanya(f): 1:20pm On May 28, 2009
Yes destiny exist in marriage but u must be prayerful not to make the wrong choice.
Becareful of match making / maker cos is better 4 u to make the choice urself.
SHALOM!!!
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by olanajim(m): 1:26pm On May 28, 2009
man can make or mar his own destiny!
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by queenet2me: 1:28pm On May 28, 2009
Just shine your eyes my brother
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by REALTRUTH1: 1:39pm On May 28, 2009
olanajim:

man can make or mar his own destiny!
God bless you man,,the man or woman you get marreid to would go a long way to define or redefine ur destiny,,,,I don't believe in destiny in marriage,,the last time we had destiny in marriage was in the Garden of Eden and that marriage had a problem that made Adam to blame God for giving him(Adam) a wife(Eve),,,
After wards in in 1st Cor7,,,we were advised to chose our own wife ourselves,,,
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by joel123(m): 3:28pm On May 28, 2009
poster, desting is somebody`s preordained future . I strongly beleive that, whom you marry has a lot to do with your destiny. Dont step into it without a clear conviction from God.
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by bolseas(f): 4:52pm On May 28, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

God bless you man,,the man or woman you get marreid to would go a long way to define or redefine ur destiny,,,,I don't believe in destiny in marriage,,the last time we had destiny in marriage was in the Garden of Eden and that marriage had a problem that made Adam to blame God for giving him(Adam) a wife(Eve),,,
After wards in in 1st Cor7,,,we were advised to chose our own wife ourselves,,,

i think that it is destined for your destiny to be changed by the person man/woman u get married to, do business with, make friends with etc.

i belive in destiny. sometimes when i look at life, it looks as if we are acting a script. as in akosile/ayanmo/kadara.

my 60 cent
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by ononogbu(f): 5:59pm On May 28, 2009
Does destiny exist in marriage? of course but it depend

why it happen like that she/he is not the will of God for you
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by dominictj(m): 6:03pm On May 28, 2009
Think straight & make no mistake about it. Marriage is not all about dreaming.
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by dwonder(m): 1:05am On May 29, 2009
What is destiny? Who destines. Who/what can change it?
Does it mean divorced couples are not destined together.?
If I understand d word destiny then you don't need to do anything but wait and d babe will be urs when u're ready.
Wake up man u have 2 work hard 4 whatever u desire.
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by REALTRUTH1: 1:14am On May 29, 2009
dwonder:

What is destiny?
If I understand d word destiny then you don't need to do anything but wait and d babe will be urs when u're ready.
Wake up man u have 2 work hard 4 whatever u desire.
Another smart and intelligent contribution,,,Any concept that tells you God or Nature is solely responsible for ur actions and inactions is an Irresponsible concept or Notion,,people should begin to learn to start taking charge of their lives and don't be indolent,,,be responsible for ur actions and don't lie against God or Nature.
Adam did this and God gace him up on man,,since that moment,,we become responsible for our lives actions and inactions,,,If you find out U re in an abusive relationship,,,do U call that Destiny??or U die in an abusive relationship, do U call that destiny??common guys wake up!!!
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by sylve11: 1:18pm On May 29, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

@Poster: No man or anywoman is particularly meant/destined for any man or woman,,,there is no destiny in marriage,,we humans wisely or stupidly chose our destiny when it comes to marriage.Since the advent of Adam and Eve in the Garden of eden,,God has given up on man when it comes to marriage and made man to be solely responsible for his actions and inactions as regards marriage.
What I will tell you is that you re still a very young man think of ur life and future,,,try getting a job b4 U start thinking of marriage,,,love ur life,ur future and ur dreams for life at this stage,,,have an idea of d kind of woman you want in ur life,,,when its time to now get married,,,you would see those ladies in their droves,,,more importantly,,you must not pity anybody in ur choice and don't allow anybody to pity youn too,,,Marriage that would stand the test of time are those which the man in marriage has the strong will to shape and be decisive in in his choice.
Finally note that whatever decision you take in this regards whether good or bad,,you re going to regret,,,but I will say don't take a decision that you would regret so much.take one with a lesser regret!

bros abeg clap for urself cool
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by omar22(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2009
Well the best type of relationship is if you marry your friend because you understand each other but then you would have move your relationship away from being friends to lovers, but in this case you and your friend are not an item and for her to ask you to marry her, Seems strange! Two things could have happened here! 1, unconsciously you have misled her 2, this is a case of entrapment! But to think someone is your destiny, forget that. The people that comes into our lives are the people we attract into our lives.
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by gr8me(f): 3:37pm On May 29, 2009
Even in ur question, u sound confused, u dont need anyone to tell u if anyone is ur match, if u know u love her and she loves u too, then pray about it and propose to her, the interesting part is that u've been friends dt means u both know and understand each other very well, that settles it.
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by sodi2(m): 4:14pm On May 29, 2009
yes. smiley ;
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by C2H5OH(f): 4:28pm On May 29, 2009
Yeah, sure it does. Know that you control your own destiny.
Re: Does destiny exist in marriage? by Falciparum(m): 2:02am On May 30, 2009
There is no such thing as destiny. If destiny is the apparently predetermined and inevitable series of events that happen to somebody or something then how can we alter it either by fast tracking or by moving totally out of it? We are totally a product of our actions plus our environment. Marriage is more like a business deal you do not enter it with a hunch. If you are the religious type (which i advise) Pray to God with sincerity and not giving Him options. Marriage is simply true love and sincere understanding cohabiting together. The only thing that is destined to happen is to die, cause from time to time it has happened. Death and Change are the only constant things in life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What It Is Like For A Woman To Receive Double Penetration. / Why her toto dey always smell? / Is Love In The Brain Or The Heart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.