Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Husband Scarcity - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Husband Scarcity (716 Views)

Husband Scarcity ( A Must Read ) / HUSBAND SCARCITY!!! --- ( Must Read For All ) / Husband Scarcity!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 27, 2015
this is not mine .. saw it on Facebook and decided to share...

HUSBAND SCARCITY!!!

This may not be the best time for me to write on this because of misinterpretations, but I can no longer resist the push. "Husband Scarcity" has become one of the challenges faced by many young girls today. If you go to prayer houses, majority of the intentions are prayer for a life partner. And this calls for concern. Casting our minds back to the time of our mothers and grandmothers, was there really much of a "Husband Scarcity" problem? Or, maybe there were more men than women then, or there was an adequate corresponding numbers of both genders. I don't think so. Maybe then, the women had values and were prepared to build a home and not park into a built home. Then, once a young man comes of age and can at least feed himself and his wife, he goes out in search of a wife and the woman really appreciates him and helps him to build a future. What am I really trying to say? We created what we now see as "Husband Scarcity" for ourselves. Today, the reverse is the case. Ask an average girl to define her dream husband; you get things like "he has to be tall, handsome, fair, and rich, own a house at least, and be presentable" and then she adds "God fearing" in order not to sound so worldly. Then, check the number of girls around you and the number of men that meet that standard, and you will see the problem. You hear girls say, "I cannot suffer in my father's house and then go and start suffering with a man." What a wonderful dream! What if from the beginning, you have everything you want and there is no suffering, and later in the marriage, the table turns around, then comes suffering? Will you run away? No one prays for suffering, but it is good to start small and end big, than start big and end small. The problem is that the description majority of girls give of their ideal man is virtually the same. When 50 girls want the same kind of man and the man that fits what they want is just 1 man, and the man can only pick one. Then, what becomes of 49 others? They simply start lamenting of "Husband Scarcity". Another irony of our time is that it is hard, due to the face of our economy to find a man who is of marriage age who possesses all those things these ladies want, legally (except those involved in Internet fraud); even the number of those in Internet fraud is not enough to match all those searching for already made husbands. If you look around, majority of the ladies of substance, of good value and virtue, who are ready to build a home with a man who has prospects, are married and not complaining of husband scarcity. The easiest way to find a husband now, is to change your view of who a husband is. A husband is that man God made and then saw that it may be hard for him to really actualize his purpose for making him, without a help mate and then made the woman and gave to him, and he felt complete and fulfilled. MARRIAGE IS NOT A POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAM. It is a mission of building the family of God here on earth. For those who see marriage as a way out of poverty, it is a way into bondage. Women are HOME BUILDERS, not HOME WARMERS... DON'T CONFUSE A MAN'S PATH WITH HIS DESTINY. Where he is today, may only be a route to where God has destined him to be tomorrow. Another truth is that YOU MAY BE THE ONLY FAST MEANS TO THAT HIS DESTINATION. Join in alleviating "husband scarcity". PICK UP THE RIGHT VALUES. I am not saying that you should pick anyone that comes your way and talks of marriage, not all men are husband materials. What I am saying is that you should stop setting your standard only on material acquisitions or physical appearances. Look beyond the physical. WHAT MAKES A MAN WHO HE IS, IS NOT WHAT HE OWNS OR HOW HE LOOKS, IT IS WHAT HE IS MADE UP OF(content and not context) And that which he is made of is, most times, not seen with the physical eyes, only its effects can be seen. Marriage is a permanent thing. Whatever is seen is temporal and that which is not seen is permanent. Relax and go to God in prayer. God did not just make Eve for making sake; He made her for Adam's need to be truncated.
However, MEN shouldn't go about lazily. You don't have a means of survival, you are not hard-working, or industrious, no vision of any kind and you want a lady to take you for who you are. Excuse me sir, WHO ARE YOU

#copied from larah gifted lola odurinde
Re: Husband Scarcity by agarawu23(m): 5:38am On Nov 27, 2015
She try

Not new lines to me tho
Re: Husband Scarcity by tpiadotcom: 5:39am On Nov 27, 2015
may God provide husbands from among the teeming population of unmarried males for ladies to marry!

and may the ladies accept marrying them!
Re: Husband Scarcity by Ezerbullet(m): 5:51am On Nov 27, 2015
Them no ho hear, some girls totally depend on men for survival (ones with inferiority complex )
Re: Husband Scarcity by Cutehector(m): 5:57am On Nov 27, 2015
Husbands arent scarce.. That i knw... Its just dat the ladies should try to change their mindset.

And i keep tellin ladies, always pray to God dat he may blesss ur future husband.. Rich husbands dont originate overnight u knw, it takes hardwork and God's blessings to be successful in life.

In the past, i used to think dat in order for u to knw d depth of d love a girl has for u, if she stands by u wen u hav nothing, she will definitely stand by u in everythn.. Buh i was very wrong.. Situations nowadays have changed dat mindset tho... I tend not to front any girl until i am capable enough in taking care of her as well.
Re: Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 27, 2015
Cutehector:
Husbands arent scarce.. That i knw... Its just dat the ladies should try to change their mindset.

And i keep tellin ladies, always pray to God dat he may blesss ur future husband.. Rich husbands dont originate overnight u knw, it takes hardwork and God's blessings to be successful in life.

In the past, i used to think dat in order for u to knw d depth of d love a girl has for u, if she stands by u wen u hav nothing, she will definitely stand by u in everythn.. Buh i was very wrong.. Situations nowadays have changed dat mindset tho... I tend not to front any girl until i am capable enough in taking care of her as well.

Re: Husband Scarcity by bewla(m): 6:11am On Nov 27, 2015
o
Re: Husband Scarcity by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 27, 2015
If I may ask is larah gifted lola odurinde married if yes good for her. And my no 2 Qs is b4 she got married hw did she describe her future husband to her friends?. See black pot calling kettle black, abeg make I hear word. In my opinion the only solution to the husband scarcity of a thing is that one man three woman.
Re: Husband Scarcity by tpiadotcom: 6:24am On Nov 27, 2015
who is the lola being buzzworded here since some hours ago.

the name sef, na everybody dey bear am.

I'd put the frequency at about perhaps 1 in every 50 to 100 Yoruba females have that name.

(1) (Reply)

An Appeal To Nigerian Women To Stop Tonning A.k.a (bleaching) / 8 Ways To Ask For Sex From Your Partner This Season / Introverts Are Fun To Be With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.