Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? (1377 Views)

Guy Takes The Virginity Of A Teenager, Calls Her "Cheap Slut", Shares Their Pic / Teenager Flashes Her Bum In A Revealing Ankara Outfit For Her Prom Night / "Children Of Nowadays" See The Pic A Teenager Uploaded On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by mayim(m): 10:29am On Nov 27, 2015
The real intent behind opening this thread is purely selfless, A little lengthy but I need you advise on this one please. I am a young man in my late twenties but trust me when I say I get mistaken for a teenager, people while trying to console you say ‘oh, you will enjoy it when you are about 50 and above’. I have very embarrassing encounters at least once every week, when strangers are just so disrespectful to you thinking you are some kid, well, once I talk for about 2 minutes, they are speechless cos yes, I am really intelligent and talk my age, suffice it to add that I am a practicing accountant, graduated from the university about 4 years ago. Like I said the intention behind opening this thread is selfless, it’s my fiancée, it worries me how she feels when someone disrespects me in front of her, I always stand up for myself anyway, but I can’t imagine how embarrassed she’d feel. I was driving with her by my side to the mall one afternoon and got pulled over by the police, One of the policemen yelled at me ‘you this small boy, na because you carry woman, u no wun stop ya car abi’… I was mad like wanted to bitch slap the dude, I calmed down and reported him to his colleague who apologized on his behalf, I later called him too and rebuked him, seeing the confidence I showed, he denied it , said he never said such.(that felt good, at least my fiancée was listening…lol) To cap it all up, I have learned to live with this cos it’s been on since like forever. But my woman, it bothers me. She claims she has learned to live with it too, but truth us I keep thinking, what if she’s just trying to not get me worried or it bothers her for real and could be consequential on our relationship. What’s your take on this guys? Helpful comments from mature minds only please.
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by IamLEGEND1: 10:31am On Nov 27, 2015
I can't say I know how you feel.
bt wait for dem NL ancients.... dem fit help you.
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Confessng: 10:31am On Nov 27, 2015
When you stop trying to prove to the world that you are not a small boy then you will truly be regarded as a man
What others think don't matter , you are you , can you change it no!
Do you have to prove you aren't a small boy no!
Steve Hawking is one of the most intelligent people the world ever produced

Can he talk ? No!
Can he walk ? No!
Does that limit his intelligence ?
Absolutely not
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Mermaids(f): 10:34am On Nov 27, 2015
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesylet me laff small
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Erukumakanaki: 10:37am On Nov 27, 2015
What's going on here sef embarassed
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by mayim(m): 10:43am On Nov 27, 2015
Confessng:
When you stop trying to prove to the world that you are not a small boy then you will truly be regarded as a man
What others think don't matter , you are you , can you change it no!
Do you have to prove you aren't a small boy no!
Steve Hawking is one of the most intelligent people the world ever produced

Can he talk ? No!
Can he walk ? No!
Does that limit his intelligence ?
Absolutely not
Tnx for d smart comment, however does that mean you just say and do nothing when someone puts u down? Especially in front of ppl that look up to u and respect you?
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 27, 2015
Honestly bro, you are just getting yourself worked up over nothing.
You said you have gotten used to it and your girlfriend has also learned to live with it, so I don't see any reason for you to be paranoid.

1 Like

Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by obiorathesubtle: 10:57am On Nov 27, 2015
Decker:
You said you have gotten used to it and your girlfriend has also learned to live with it, so I don't see any reason for you to be paranoid.
seriously, I don't appreciate it when people just sit inside my head. It's not fairundecided
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by mayim(m): 11:02am On Nov 27, 2015
Decker:
She claims to have learned to live with it, but it doesn't go down well with her when d embarrassing situations happen, what if she's just being polite and careful with my feelings? Maybe if you were in my shoes, u'd get what I mean, but Tnx all d same.
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 27, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
seriously, I don't appreciate it when people just sit inside my head. It's not fairundecided

Just like the OP did, learn to live with it. tongue

1 Like

Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 27, 2015
Well I'm actually a man pretending to be a woman trapped in a man's body, so.........Hope that helps.

Actually I didn't bother to read the post, too long tongue

Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2015
Lalastica lala lala.'# Show face 4 ere,make people adviz Op..I no sabi wetin to say bruda.

But

Its well.
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Confessng: 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2015
Lets just say i choose my battles .

I do not necessarily react to every thing

like you i am on the small side but when people talk me down i ask myself first is it worth proving anything to such a person .

Like the case of the policeman,i'll just calmly,firmly and politely say Sir ,The lady sitted there is my wife to be and i wont permit your disrespecting her.

What am simply trying to say is get over the fact that you are small and so people disrespect you,disrespectful people disrespect people
whether small or big they simply haven't been brought up well ,the question to ask yourself is ,

Should i come down to your level to prove to you am not small?

Are you worth my time ? Do you deserve an explanation ?
If you cant answer no to all these concerning that person ,then be polite firm and keep it moving

The people who look up to me know me ,they know my worth ,they know who i am ,that is why they are with me ,i need not prove anything to them beyond continuing to be myself

mayim:

Tnx for d smart comment, however does that mean you just say and do nothing when someone puts u down? Especially in front of ppl that look up to u and respect you?

2 Likes

Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 27, 2015
hit the gym bro.
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by austine4real(m): 5:59pm On Nov 27, 2015
Start eatin beans evryday. Gym 3x aweek. Use sandpaper 2 scratch ur face anytime u'r in d bath.
GUDNITE
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Ephemmm: 6:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
mayim:
The real intent behind opening this thread is purely selfless, A little lengthy but I need you advise on this one please. I am a young man in my late twenties but trust me when I say I get mistaken for a teenager, people while trying to console you say ‘oh, you will enjoy it when you are about 50 and above’. I have very embarrassing encounters at least once every week, when strangers are just so disrespectful to you thinking you are some kid, well, once I talk for about 2 minutes, they are speechless cos yes, I am really intelligent and talk my age, suffice it to add that I am a practicing accountant, graduated from the university about 4 years ago. Like I said the intention behind opening this thread is selfless, it’s my fiancée, it worries me how she feels when someone disrespects me in front of her, I always stand up for myself anyway, but I can’t imagine how embarrassed she’d feel. I was driving with her by my side to the mall one afternoon and got pulled over by the police, One of the policemen yelled at me ‘you this small boy, na because you carry woman, u no wun stop ya car abi’… I was mad like wanted to bitch slap the dude, I calmed down and reported him to his colleague who apologized on his behalf, I later called him too and rebuked him, seeing the confidence I showed, he denied it , said he never said such.(that felt good, at least my fiancée was listening…lol) To cap it all up, I have learned to live with this cos it’s been on since like forever. But my woman, it bothers me. She claims she has learned to live with it too, but truth us I keep thinking, what if she’s just trying to not get me worried or it bothers her for real and could be consequential on our relationship. What’s your take on this guys? Helpful comments from mature minds only please.

How you get affected by what people think or say about you instead of what you think or say about yourself at your age is very astonishing.
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by rawpadgin(m): 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2015
cheesy op i can relate to ur situation
i was in the gym the other day & we were working out to some old school jamz, we were all feeling excited singing along wen all of a sudden my colleague from uk said " wen these tracks were released u prolly was a little child, how com u know the lyrics like thise"?....

wen i told the mutherfucker my age he was like " NO WAYS!!!"

so thats just it

my advice is, start carrying some weight it will make u look big & also try to keep round beard
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Mznaett: 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2015
In contribution to what Confessng posted earlier..My dear,,you really do not need to prove yourself to anyone because they won't understand you.
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by mayim(m): 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2015
Mznaett:
In contribution to what Confessng posted earlier..My dear,,you really do not need to prove yourself to anyone because they won't understand you.
So I just do nothing??
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by mayim(m): 11:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
rawpadgin:
cheesy op i can relate to ur situation
i was in the gym the other day & we were working out to some old school jamz, we were all feeling excited singing along wen all of a sudden my colleague from uk said " wen these tracks were released u prolly was a little child, how com u know the lyrics like thise"?....

wen i told the mutherfucker my age he was like " NO WAYS!!!"

so thats just it

my advice is, start carrying some weight it will make u look big & also try to keep round beard
Tnx bro, but was just thinking, even with u carrying weight and all that, ur colleague still still looked down on u, so maybe gyming don't help so much afterall
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
Wait sorry. What about you is small. Ur height or what exactly
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 27, 2015
Uh...You look like a teenager in what way?undecided Like You've got a baby face? or You haven't grown A beard? Or You have A tiny voice? Or You're still undergoing puberty?shocked....Whaaat?shocked

Anyways...I think You should grow a quick Abraham beard..It can be arranged..wink You'd feel super old in no time!wink
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by grad2012(f): 6:09am On Nov 28, 2015
Wud u pls relax lols I see no dam reason why u shud be worried u are looking younger dan ur age so what,u don't need to prove to anyone how old u are let dem think watever.Besides you don't know its more like a blessing in disguise just wait till u grow older, u will be thanking GOD for this,abeg enjoy yourself lols.
Re: An Adult In A Teenager's Body. Way To Go? by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 28, 2015
Mermaids:
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesylet me laff small
make me a mermaid

(1) (Reply)

Help She Love Me Because Am Fair In Complexion. / Nigerian Guy Publicly Presents Hamper To Police Woman / Can One Be Committed to A Girl He Met In A Club?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.