Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. (4417 Views)

Too Much Masturbation Ain't Good, See Side Effects Discovered About Masturbation / Why Girls They Craze Like This. (PIC) / 10 Attitudes Ladies Display Online That Deny Them Husbands In Real Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Cutehector(m): 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2015
I remember when we used to write letters and wait for people to call us on our home phone, I remember a time when people actually got excited when they received mail, when the idea of having a cell phone wasn’t as life changing as it’s become today, those were the good old days. Now the world has evolved, internet has come into the equation and the social media has come to stay. Many people won't deny the fact that the social media plays its part on modern day relationships so I would try to be brief and highlight some real life problems social media plays on relationships and marriages..

1. Jealousy: “I think social media causes more insecurities between couples. For example seeing someone else in a picture with your significant other. Its easy for jealously to arise. Also too many distractions between couples. They pay more attention to what they don’t have instead of being grateful for what they do have. The most important thing we can give one another is our time. The one thing we can’t get back is time so be careful because life is short. Never be too proud because you will wind up losing something because of ego. People make relationships too hard now days, they worry about what others think or too many obstacles to overcome. I believe if you love someone nothing can come between”

2. The Return of the ex

With apps like “Whatsapp”, “Snapchat”, “Viber” and many more, it’s not too hard to get in touch with anyone if you really want to. This is when people are tempted, if they’re weak enough, to make certain mistakes that they regret later. People will only be tempted to do something if they knew they had the power to do it, this is what separates the good people from the bad. This happened with me personally with my ex. So one fine day, we were out having lunch and the battery ran out on my phone, so I asked if I could use hers. She hesitated a little and then gave it to me, I noticed the hesitation on her face and I just had to know why she did that. After the call, while the phone was still in my hands and her eyes on her phone, she received a message on “Whatsapp”. What do you know, it’s her ex who apparently “broke her into pieces” saying “How are you doing today, love?”.

3; A doorway to cheating and lying.
Like I said, power works both ways, bad people use it for bad purposes, good people use it to make others happy.Social media and technology makes it easy for bad people to cheat on someone, because there’s always something they can do to hide their steps. Everyone eventually gets caught in the end, but the price to pay is months of heartache and a lot of developed insecurities that take a lot of time to go away.

4: Finding Salvation elsewhere.
with the amount of social media and sex/dating hook up sites, so easy for people to cheat on their partners, whether online or more. People who are in rships tend to be in between 15-20 sites, and when u ask them, they say it was just chat, but when you advertise your last std check its obvious it was more. So much more I could say, I think social media impacts relationships. Some people tend to turn to their online friends instead of reality.”

5. The spy paranoia
Partners now tend to become more or less monitoring spirits on their partner. They check all their posts, comments and other online activity to see what they'v been doing and when the other partner finds out, they get furious and freaked out hence causing a lot of problems on the relationship.

I"d end with 5 points... Feel free to air ur opinions and comments on this piece.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
long list...let me read
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
any body wey wan craze go craze, social media or not.

Da year wey I dey send mail to Aisha, na january I dey send am, she go receive am for february or march.

Nowadays na to beep one of ma babe, "babe u dey hax? Abeg come over, I wan gonk ur pvssy"

5mins later she don dey ma bed.

1 Like

Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by obiorathesubtle: 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2015
undecided good point(s)
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 28, 2015
I'd try not to derail the thread...gringrin
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Cutehector(m): 6:14am On Nov 28, 2015
Estharfabian:
I'd try not to derail the thread...gringrin
lol why say so
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by miqos02(m): 6:24am On Nov 28, 2015
true
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Rashycoolbabe(f): 6:31am On Nov 28, 2015
God is in control.. We should just have faith that our partner will be exceptional of these lists
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by 24lolade(m): 6:36am On Nov 28, 2015

Nairaland, full of many life manuals

Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Cutehector(m): 6:40am On Nov 28, 2015
24lolade:

Nairaland, full of many life manuals

life manuals u say.. Its just effects...not ways u can solve it..
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 28, 2015
If u lik dont goan sleep Dey here dey post dis long rubbiish in the middle of the night Estharfabian com lets derail dis thing grin
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by longjohnsilver: 7:01am On Nov 28, 2015
Nice points op...

but just like everything in this world...

there is a bad side as well as a good side...dis same.social media have given birth to beautiful rlships...saved so many rlships (nland romance section for example)...provided ppl wit opportunities and hopes.

and like someone rightly said...person wey go craze go craze...social media or not...person wey go stray go stray, social media just mk it easier IMO.

Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by IamLEGEND1: 7:21am On Nov 28, 2015

Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 28, 2015
I would b upset and sad if i find out my guy flirts online cos i am nt doing dat!!!!!

Bt once i find out he flirts online

I start my own shikena no shout i wont approach him i wud just do my own ni cos if u value me enof u wont flirt!!!!!!
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by misspicy(f): 7:38am On Nov 28, 2015
That number 5 can be really annoying especially when you just playing around and your partner be monitoring you like 'hey you I saw your chat with catlova,you crushing on him too?' angry
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 28, 2015
cheesy

those things dnt apply to mecheesycheesycheesy.
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 28, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
cheesy

those things dnt apply to mecheesycheesycheesy.
Ehn i no hear??
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by 24lolade(m): 7:52am On Nov 28, 2015
Cutehector:
life manuals u say.. Its just effects...not ways u can solve it..

You are telling us the effect so that the reasonable ones will learn from it... Telling us the down side which is avoidable

Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 28, 2015
halfrica:
Ehn i no hear??
cheesycheesycheesycheesy.
That kin tincheesy
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 28, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
cheesycheesycheesycheesy.

That kin tincheesy

B lyin i piri u abeg ow our pikin dey??

U sure say our pikin dey suck well well cos
Dis one wey u dey nl everyday

D pikin don grow up ni

Joy joy joy joy oya go baff for baby OJ**
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 28, 2015
halfrica:

B lyin i piri u abeg ow our pikin dey??
U sure say our pikin dey suck well well cos Dis one wey u dey nl everyday
D pikin don grow up ni
Joy joy joy joy oya go baff for baby OJ**
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy...

I might stay indoors all day self,my baby is with grandmacheesycheesycheesy
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Odunharry(m): 8:02am On Nov 28, 2015
number 2 so true..
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 28, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy...

I might stay indoors all day self,my baby is with grandmacheesycheesycheesy
Grandma

Wetin do u?? Are u nt his mama??

Be shifting responsibilities
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Odunharry(m): 8:04am On Nov 28, 2015
halfrica:
I would b upset and sad if i find out my guy flirts online cos i am nt doing dat!!!!!

Bt once i find out he flirts online

I start my own shikena no shout i wont approach him i wud just do my own ni cos if u value me enof u wont flirt!!!!!!
two wrongs dont make a right..
instead of you to talk to him, u wanna start ur own? go on
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 28, 2015
Odunharry:

two wrongs dont make a right..
instead of you to talk to him, u wanna start ur own? go on

Dat was said for fun joor

So u tink i write wat i do nd dont on nl cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i love me boo cant hurt him

I said dat based on jealousy review its always do me nd do u

Well wen m in a realtionship i really dnt like to hurt my man!!!!!

Anyways tanks for ur advise nd m d faithful type tongue
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Odunharry(m): 8:14am On Nov 28, 2015
halfrica:

Dat was said for fun joor
So u tink i write wat i do nd dont on nl cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
i love me boo cant hurt him
I said dat based on jealousy review its always do me nd do u
Well wen m in a realtionship i really dnt like to hurt my man!!!!!
Anyways tanks for ur advise nd m d faithful type tongue
good to know..

even ur boo get a boo..
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 28, 2015
halfrica:

Grandma

Wetin do u?? Are u nt his mama??

Be shifting responsibilities
dunno why,your post got me chuckling... cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy...

He dey spend weekend therecheesycheesycheesy..

Ama home alonecheesy
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 28, 2015
Odunharry:

good to know..

even ur boo get a boo..

I trust him!!!!!!

Even if he does m nt bodad he makes me happy dats all dat matters
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 28, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
dunno why,your post got me chuckling... cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy...

He dey spend weekend therecheesycheesycheesy..

Ama home alonecheesy

Are u sure u home alone shocked

Prince oj** nko shocked he left u alone?? shocked

Tell me things i shouldnt kno abeg??
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Odunharry(m): 8:21am On Nov 28, 2015
halfrica:

I trust him!!!!!!
Even if he does m nt bodad he makes me happy dats all dat matters
good you guys trust each other...
if he got anoda boo then you need to be worried.
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 28, 2015
halfrica:

Are u sure u home alone shocked
Prince oj** nko shocked he left u alone?? shocked
Tell me things i shouldnt kno abeg??
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy...

Funny youcheesycheesy nohe dey climb mecheesy
Re: Effects Of Social Media Craze On Real Life Relationships. by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 28, 2015
Odunharry:

good you guys trust each other...

if he got anoda boo then you need to be worried.
He doesnt av anoda boo
I kno him well

Speak for ursef abeg cos u av 2 boos doesnt mean everyone else do

We share love nd dats it he is my bestfrnd also so i trust him in nd out tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I / 5 Weird Things Women Find Attractive In Men That Will Surprise You.. / My Tinder Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.