Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits (51725 Views)

Buhari Shocks The World, Set To Probe IBB / FEC: Buhari Shocks Osinbajo, Ministers / Buhari Shocks Longtime Friend, Rejects His Trailer Of Rams As Sallah Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by ndcide(m): 8:55am On Nov 28, 2015
Our brother Amaechi should have more than 100 billion in his account, same with fashola, so they won't have problems.

Also these guys know how to get money from the offices.
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by simdam500(m): 8:59am On Nov 28, 2015
Doubt any minister is complaining
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by blizegodson: 9:01am On Nov 28, 2015
Really these people need to realize they are here to work, and not to start comparing salaries
With other countries, the stage Nigeria is now they ought to work for free

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by engrjacuzzi: 9:02am On Nov 28, 2015
PMB should also reduce the lawmakers and Governors allowances. those thieves are not worth seating there...I now know why he referred to them as "spoilt children"
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Akanaz(m): 9:04am On Nov 28, 2015
Though this will lead to corruption, but I support the government wholly on this issue. What is the essence of them receiving sumptuous amount as salary while the populace are suffering owing to insufficient allocation to the state government from the federation account?
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Yinkash100(m): 9:07am On Nov 28, 2015
When dem dey collect millions as allowance, dem still dey corrupt. So now #Godwin
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 28, 2015
oil price has fallen, so what were the ministers expecting? a jamboree?
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 28, 2015
free2ryhme:

You seems to be getting it wrong. Not every worker can be a minister. Ministers have important role to play and you can just wish it away becos you want to cut cost
And u think they are that special or maybe no one else can perform their duties?
Maybe there is something i don't know.
Please what are the things/qualities that these set of people have that will be very rear to find?
Cos last i check there were no special training or certificates that they have that qualifies them to be one.
If there is let me know please.
Thanks.
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Xano(m): 9:22am On Nov 28, 2015
abitex577:

While the substantive minister will earn N2, 026, 400 Annual Basic Salary($8,514.285), Minister of State is to get N1.8million($7,563.025) per annum.

Other highlights of the conditions include: Estacode Allowance($900 per diem); Duty Tour Allowance(N35,000); Utilities Allowance(Telephone/ Electricity/ Water)–30% of Annual Basic Salary (N607,920); Domestic Staff Allowance(75% -((N1,519,800) of Annual Basic Salary; Medical Facilities (in accordance with NHIS Policy); Special Assistant (To be provided in kind); Security (To be provided in kind); Air Travel (By Business Class); Newspaper Allowance (15% of Annual Basic Salary-N303,960).

The letter said: “As a Political Office Holder, you must obtain permission from Mr. President before you travel out of Abuja. If the trip is official, Ministers are entitled to a Duty Tour Allowance of N35,000 per diem. However, all private journeys will attract no Allowance.

“Severance Allowance of 300 %of Annual Basic Salary payable after full tenure of office with government. The allowance will be pro-rated after a minimum of two years tenure.

It added: “200 % of Annual Basic Salary (N4,052,800) will be paid to you to enable you to acquire accommodation of your choice in line with monetization policy.

“Furniture Allowance. 300 %(N6,079,200) of Annual Basic Salary will be paid once in every four years. The allowance will be paid annually at the rate of 75% (N1,519,800) of Annual Basic salary.

“Motor Vehicle Fuelling Maintenance Allowance. 75% of Annual Basic Salary (N1,519,800) for the maintenance of your vehicle(s) as Government no longer provides chauffeur driven vehicles to Political Office Holders/Public Officers for house to office running.

“Annual Leave (30 calendar days for each leave year or calculated on pro-rata basis, with 10% of Annual Basic Salary(N202,640) as leave grant); Personal Assistant Allowance (25% of Annual Basic salary to enable you to employ a Personal Assistant of your choice).”

I doubt if this will hold.

The package has caused rumbles in the cabinet because while Nigerian ministers earn $8, 514.28 Per Annum (N2,026,400), their counterparts in Ghana are on $50,000 (N11,900,000) and those in South Africa (the highest paying in the continent) were said to be taking home about $302,521 per annum.

Interesting. South Africa is rich in investments, organisation and natural resources.

A reliable source said: “Most ministers have been sad since they received their letters of appointment because the salary and allowance package was a far cry from where they were coming from. We hope that ministers will eventually not steal if they have to serve this nation on hungry stomach.

Systematic corruption may occur. There maybe inflated projects.

“We have ministers in this government who left high-net worth job of $10,000 to $20,000 per month, how will they settle their bills? Some ministers have headed corporate. You can imagine a minister managing about $3billion portfolio now getting $8,521 per Annum.

“Some ministers have children in Ivy League universities where they are paying as much as $40,000 to $60,000 per annum. How will they be able to cope to meet up with their responsibilities?”

LOL!
Nigerian universities are available

“Curiously, we have some Executive Secretaries, Directors-General and Group Managing Directors of parastatals like NNPC, PPMC, NCC, NDIC, PEF, PPPRA, DPR, NERC, NIGCOMSAT, and others who will be earning more than their ministers. I think the system is distorted somehow.”

Another source added: “To earn commensurate salaries and allowances, the president can explore foreign donors’ basket for payment of ministers. Or else, it will be difficult to get the best from this team.

Hmmmm, foreign donor basket? It is a wrong idea.
Interesting.

“Alternatively, there might be scientific corruption in Buhari’s cabinet. This is the type of corruption we call ‘chop and clean mouth.’

President Buhari sir, there will be corruption of 'chop and clean mouth.' That's smart stealing. It is will be unfortunate.
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by chinedulivingstone(m): 9:24am On Nov 28, 2015
I love this make there children come back to Nigeria and study, how can some will be paying just one student $60000 with if he has more than 4 children that means they have been eating our Nigerian budget for those years, PLS MR President just give this minister for just two mouths for my story to change , who no like better thing
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 28, 2015
Erukumakanaki:
can't he just reduce it to N18,000 pls. . . angry
...you like to pay evil for evil....
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Burger01(m): 9:28am On Nov 28, 2015
Erukumakanaki:
can't he just reduce it to N18,000 pls. . . angry
Lol cheesy
Btw, this is federal government job and salaries with allowances should be paid according to the stipulated law bordering on government jobs. I think the leave day is 30 working days and not 30 calendar days.

Really, this is service to the nation. Don't aspire to be a minister for the money but for the love of the job cheesy

It's well with naija. We are getting things right gradually. I remember the past administration of Jonathan and the needless waste of government resources...no wonder naija is brokeundecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by 989900: 9:29am On Nov 28, 2015
Nice one!

Need permission to travel too.

Well done!

Children of hate will always have cause to wail -- wail on!
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Burger01(m): 9:31am On Nov 28, 2015
CircleOfWilis:
Buhari can u also appoint me as a minister? u can pay me less sef, I no go mind
That's the spirit bruh. Do the job for the love of doing it smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by tno4real(m): 9:33am On Nov 28, 2015
embarassed[color=#990000][/color]If you call that salary poor than I guess you are sick, with all the allowances u still call it poor ah ur father don ever see that can money before? useless write up coming from u, see any minister that's not ready to serve his or her father land shld resign we have so many pple that will work better
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Burger01(m): 9:34am On Nov 28, 2015
ademega:
if he gives them more money people will shout.
no less money they are shouting. smh
Abi o. O su mi o. Opposition and their insatiable wailing. Pity smiley
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 28, 2015
Buhari na transformer abi high tension ni??

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Meritocracy: 9:45am On Nov 28, 2015
They were all millionaire before, what they really need are power and authority. With these money would take queue at your doorstep.
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by free2ryhme: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2015
chisco82:

And u think they are that special or maybe no one else can perform their duties?
Maybe there is something i don't know.
Please what are the things/qualities that these set of people have that will be very rear to find?
Cos last i check there were no special training or certificates that they have that qualifies them to be one.
If there is let me know please.
Thanks.

They are where they are you are where you are

You don't need certificates or special qualities to know that. There are certain things only time and age can teach you
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by judedwriter(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2015
chukwudi44:
Kini big deal? This has always been their official Salaries from time immemorial!! We also know no Nigerian poltician lives on his official salaries!!
corruption is the name of the game-dis polithiefians play it wella.
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by SegunAdewole: 9:58am On Nov 28, 2015
fitzmayowa:
[/b]

This got me laughing, he places travel restriction on his ministers while he turns himself to chief "junketeer"...grin cheesy grin

don't mind the idiotic junketting junketeer.
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Ngalaba1(f): 10:03am On Nov 28, 2015
[quote author=Erukumakanaki post=40476202]can't he just reduce it to N18,000 pls. . . angry[/

That is when it would be called service.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Erukumakanaki: 10:09am On Nov 28, 2015
Burger01:
Lol cheesy
Btw, this is federal government job and salaries with allowances should be paid according to the stipulated law bordering on government jobs. I think the leave day is 30 working days and not 30 calendar days.

Really, this is service to the nation. Don't aspire to be a minister for the money but for the love of the job cheesy

It's well with naija. We are getting thins right gradually. I remember the past administration of Jonathan and the needless waste of government resources...no wonder naija is brokeundecided
All i want if for them to accept to be paid only N18k Minimum Wage just like other Nigerians.

It's a call for to SERVE and not a call to come and be Eating millions without doing anything cry
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 28, 2015
Buhari is the most stingy president in the history of Nigeria, how can he pay the Golden eaglet each player N20,000 angry , how can young boys that represent their country be paid N20,000, they even won the trophy, GEJ is a better man than GMB

1 Like

Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 28, 2015
free2ryhme:

They are where they are you are where you are

You don't need certificates or special qualities to know that. There are certain things only time and age can teach you
And their ages has not told them that since they have been in the corridor of power,
If it does why has n't they been able to fixed Nigeria?
Some of them have been there for more than 20yrs.
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Burger01(m): 10:14am On Nov 28, 2015
Erukumakanaki:
All i want if for them to accept to be paid only N18k Minimum Wage just like other Nigerians.

It's a call for to SERVE and not a call to come and be Eating millions without doing anything cry
Lol. We are getting things right gradually. Serving as a minister won't be a do or die affair as obtainable in the past smiley
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by ewosk: 10:17am On Nov 28, 2015
talktimi:
There's nothing wrong with their take home pays if you really scrutinize it. I think it should even be reduced the more.

Chimuo....I just pray it not true @ pix

i have some friends at 3BN ooo....
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by judiciarypalava: 10:25am On Nov 28, 2015
sweetgala:

You obviously can not read. Special assistance (in the case if an emergency or health issue) to be provided in kind. The context is much different

Reader, get closer to politics and politicians and understand why they kill to get in there.
You pay them for what they put in their mouth and also for excretion.

Try a private firm. If you are given a task, you are to design how best to achiever the set target. The negotiation for remuneration is always on OYO. In other words, whatever the cost of hitting your target is your business.

Here we have very lazy "evil" and public servants that are not productive, hence the bailout for salaries.
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Kulas: 10:36am On Nov 28, 2015
Hmmm,Dullard try for this one.He would have further cut down those allowances.
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by oloriooko(m): 10:37am On Nov 28, 2015
I thought them ministers would work for free
so what's the fuss about pay cut?
there should not be any pay at all!!!
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by talktimi(m): 10:50am On Nov 28, 2015
ewosk:

Chimuo....I just pray it not true @ pix

i have some friends at 3BN ooo....
I dunno what you're talking about
Re: Buhari Shocks Ministers With Austere Benefits by Preevia(m): 10:56am On Nov 28, 2015
Consequent upon this new development,l believe some ministers have developed cold feet already.l no do again.lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buratai Receives Military Vehicles Made By Innoson Company. Photos / What Governor Amaechi Wore To A Campaign Rally Today / APC's Reaction To The Signing Of The 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.