Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Change Your Religion For Love? (25937 Views)

Ladies, Be Honest, How Often Do You Change Your Panties / When you choose to be a fool for love. / Guys This Curve Can Make You Change Your 'YES' To A 'NO' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 11:29am On Nov 30, 2015
If it came down to love would you change your religion? A lot of people face this issue in their relationship, and it’s such a touchy subject so most people sweep it under the rug. The most difficult thing to do while in love is to leave your love for what you love.

When we’re born we don’t know what we believe in, our parents teach us and raise us to believe in what they think we should believe in so its natural for us to follow this same path once we grow up.

I have a friend that is in a relationship with someone that has a different religion then her, she doesn’t want their future children to believe in what he believes in so she’s faced with the decision to stay or leave.

What would you do if this were you? If this was me I don’t know what I would do, do I leave the love of my life because we have different views or do I stay and live a different lifestyle from him.

angry

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by kay29000(m): 11:31am On Nov 30, 2015
This is a tough one. I am an atheist, but I have strongly been considering the option of turning (or just faking it) Christian for the sake of marriage and my future children.

21 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Abatsam111(m): 11:32am On Nov 30, 2015
I dey come
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 30, 2015
Pleaded GUILTY ... grin I was so crazy in love that I was ready to give up my religion juz to be with that man...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by MadeOfBlaq(m): 11:34am On Nov 30, 2015
Yo shyt is like the police asking us questions, nigga we dunno shyt!!

6 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by iceberylin(m): 11:34am On Nov 30, 2015
Not to Islam.....

104 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by IamLEGEND1: 11:36am On Nov 30, 2015
I think growing up in a country like Nigeria, ur religion is the one of the things you hold very dear growing up.

In adulthood, sticking to that religion (whatever it is) shows more about ur resolve & ability to stand by what you believe to be true...... I don't think any religion actually condemns their adherents from marrying from the other,people dont just want the stigma that comes with inter-religious marriages & sometimes the constant pressure from one partner (usually the husband) on the other to convert to his religion &this usually happens after the marriage.

+ the issue of which religion the children will practice, sometimes it turns to a full on brawl between the husband & his people vs the wife & her own..... and those innocent kids caught in the middle of a loyalty tug-of-war.

I'm all for religious tolerance but if you don't trust ur potential husband enough to believe that he will let you practice ur religion in peace,pls don't marry him.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 11:38am On Nov 30, 2015
kay29000:
This is a tough one. I am an atheist, but I have strongly been considering the option of turning (or just faking it) Christian for the sake of marriage and my future children.
Hmmmmmmm undecided
Never fake your faith. Better be an atheist than fake the faith.
Moreover, Christianity is about salvation.

Would be glad if you could reconsider!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 11:38am On Nov 30, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

Eyin nan wan nbe!
Oya...say something! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

KashyBaby:
Pleaded GUILTY ... grin I was so crazy in love that I was ready to give up my religion juz to be with that man...

You ended up with him? undecided
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by misspicy(f): 11:39am On Nov 30, 2015
NO.....I left a near perfect relationship because of religious differences....

Can Two walk together unless they agree(amos3:3)

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2015
misspicy:
NO
Simple and straight
#thumbUp

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Cutehector(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2015
Naaah... Bible says do nad be equally yoked with an unbeliever... Hence i cant change my religion...

Religion is very different from denomination pls take note... Hence i cant change christianity to be a muslim, or budhist, or jehovah witness, or eckist, or mormon, or hinduist..

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 11:42am On Nov 30, 2015
Cutehector:
Naaah... Bible says do nad be equally yoked with an unbeliever... Hence i cant change my religion...

Religion is very different from denomination pls take note...
Hector dey quote bible
kikikikikikikiki grin

He be like Tinubu telling him grandson
Boy, in anything you do, make sure you are humble
and LOYAL! grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 30, 2015
No way! But I can marry a lady with different religion
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Cutehector(m): 11:43am On Nov 30, 2015
misspicy:
NO
we both knw dat used to be a lie cool
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by misspicy(f): 11:45am On Nov 30, 2015
Cutehector:
we both knw dat used to be a lie cool
used to until I realise the truth cheesy

you cool? cool

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 11:46am On Nov 30, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
No way! But I can marry a lady with different religion
And you think that wont rub on the kids? undecided

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by misspicy(f): 11:53am On Nov 30, 2015
donTbone:
And you think that wont rub on the kids? undecided
18 post and 1 view....donTbone kilo shele si thread e gringrin
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2015
IT JUST DOESNT WORK
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 11:59am On Nov 30, 2015
misspicy:

18 post and 1 view....donTbone kilo shele si thread e gringrin
Like seriously, I thought I was the only one that noticed angry angry angry
Ko kan tie yemi ni! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Do you have any idea whats happening?

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by misspicy(f): 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2015
donTbone:

Like seriously, I thought I was the only one that noticed angry angry angry
Ko kan tie yemi ni! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Do you have any idea whats happening?
and i can't see my mentions....lemme call seun and lalasticlala to check it out cool
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Lovebond34(m): 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2015
rara o..nope ah cnt..wud changing my religion make the glory hole sweeter or wah
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2015
misspicy:

and i can't see your mentions....lemme call seun and lalasticlala to check it out cool
Lowbatan! angry
Oya cal Seun kwikwi grin make my thread no spoil finish o!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
Lovebond34:
rara o..nope ah cnt..wud changing my religion make the glory hole sweeter or wah
WTF!!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked
This is an end time comment o!

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Tallesty1(m): 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
Oga Seun.

Seems like one of your moderators have tampered with post views counter oo.

20 comments, 1 View no make sense nah...

Abi the thing dey sleep?

4 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
Tallesty1:
Oga Seun.

Seems like one of your moderators have tampered with post views counter oo.

20 comments, 1 View no make sense nah...

Abi the thing dey sleep?

#sobs embarassed
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by firstking01(m): 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2015
I can't compromise christianity for anything,,,if nt, 3weeks ago, i wud 've bin a jehovah's witness by now. I really love her. I had to suspend my church on sunday morning, just to go to the kingdom hall, can u imagine?. We sat togeda listening to the teaching and singing their hymn. Mehn, if nt dat i'm rooted in d word, by nw i wud be a jehovah's witness. Damn it.

17 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donholy28(m): 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
if the religion am required to change to is Islam....never!!!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by donTbone(m): 12:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
donholy28:
if the religion am required to change to is Islam....never!!!!!
Hunmmhunmmmm! lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Kaytrick(m): 1:30pm On Nov 30, 2015
No
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Tori46(f): 1:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
I think she should just walk away because they may have problems later

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

White Man Pressing A Young Woman's Breasts In A Gym (photo) / Ridiculous Excuses Men Give To Evade Marriage / How Can I Find A Prostitute/ashawo In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.