Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Change Your Religion For Love? (25920 Views)

Ladies, Be Honest, How Often Do You Change Your Panties / When you choose to be a fool for love. / Guys This Curve Can Make You Change Your 'YES' To A 'NO' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by kilokeys(m): 1:09am On Dec 01, 2015
I am in love with a a staunch catholic

And we r worried..

Besides cathedrals and catholic weddings.. I dont /wouldn't wanna have anything else there..

And she thinks my church is a club cos of the lightnings..
And i think hers is a shrine.. Too many images with pitiable eyes and halos

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 01, 2015
why should you change your religion because of love? it's not done that way. you won't be happy for a long time. and there will be so many clashes. not to mention how religions explicitly declare that non-adherents will burn. you have to face the concept that your spouse with which you live daily will not accompany you to whatever it is you're looking for in heaven where they are not looking for you anyway. [size=4pt]in fact, they are trying to keep you out at all means.[/size]

It's best to find someone who shares your beliefs. not that it actually determines whether or not you'll eventually break up, but at least, it will make you happy for whatever duration the relationship lasts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by trollolololol(m): 1:12am On Dec 01, 2015
Allahu akbar!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by ShammahBarnabas(m): 1:28am On Dec 01, 2015
My response to this is an unequivocal NO!!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 1:32am On Dec 01, 2015
Which Love is greater than the LOVE OF GOD ?

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 2:00am On Dec 01, 2015
donTbone:
If it came down to love would you change your religion? A lot of people face this issue in their relationship, and it’s such a touchy subject so most people sweep it under the rug. The most difficult thing to do while in love is to leave your love for what you love.

When we’re born we don’t know what we believe in, our parents teach us and raise us to believe in what they think we should believe in so its natural for us to follow this same path once we grow up.

I have a friend that is in a relationship with someone that has a different religion then her, she doesn’t want their future children to believe in what he believes in so she’s faced with the decision to stay or leave.

What would you do if this were you? If this was me I don’t know what I would do, do I leave the love of my life because we have different views or do I stay and live a different lifestyle from him.

angry

yes proudly, if im from Syria, Somalia, northern Nigeria etc. because the opposite religion called islam/ lipsrsealed has done enough damage already to the people.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Yuppie7: 2:09am On Dec 01, 2015
To b honest this a sensitive question. I was in this fix my girl said I should convert to christian if I truly love her. my response was luv is reciprocal it's not a one way tin. I had to quote dat even God says man is d head that if any one is to change it shld b her.she refused I said she doesn't love me. but thank God today today we are both happily married to spouses our desired religion. Alhamdulila. I would have agreed we practice our different religions but d issue was way will b of our kids.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Ups01(m): 2:14am On Dec 01, 2015
kay29000:
This is a tough one. I am an atheist, but I have strongly been considering the option of turning (or just faking it) Christian for the sake of marriage and my future children.

Christianity is a good choice my brother for atleast 'faking it'.

To fake it effectively i would like you to read Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Ups01(m): 2:21am On Dec 01, 2015
kilokeys:
I am in love with a a staunch catholic

And we r worried..

Besides cathedrals and catholic weddings.. I dont /wouldn't wanna have anything else there..

And she thinks my church is a club cos of the lightnings..
And i think hers is a shrine.. Too many images with pitiable eyes and halos

I feel you bro, especially when you go to a church like COZA.

my recomendation for you is that you make her see the brighter side

Let her know this fact that LIFE IS LIKE A TEN SPEED GEAR BIKE, MOST OF WHICH WE NEVER, WHAT ARE WE SAVING THOSE GEARS FOR?

the message is simply WAKE UP AND LIVE!!!!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 01, 2015
NO!!! To you I'm an "infidel" to me you re an "unbeliever"
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by DedeNkem: 2:50am On Dec 01, 2015
If she thinks the man's religion is a problem, then she should discuss it with the guy. If they don't reach a good arrangement then she should dump him and move on.

There's no reason to keep a relationship that won't work out well for her in future. It's better she's single than to be in love and unhappy. Love is about being happy.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Odunharry(m): 2:50am On Dec 01, 2015
change of religion, No

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Eboski(m): 3:14am On Dec 01, 2015
A woman doesn't have a Church not until she got married, If the man and the woman are Christians of the same faith,the Man will Marry the woman from her Church, in the book of Ruth and she said to Naomi
"Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried " .I am facing the same problem in my relationship cos I have told my fiance which is am Ecks, that i will marry her from her Religion then she will join me in my own Religion,Because I discovered she was born a Catholic, But she said her Religion comes first..
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by cycluse: 3:16am On Dec 01, 2015
I had an experience when my ex fiance asked me to convert to christian but I say no, I can betray my religion and faith for love

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by pikapizy(m): 4:12am On Dec 01, 2015
AGBARUSIA1:
Well am one of Jehovah's witnesses.i want 2 correct sumtin.Jehovah's witnesses is Christianity because they blv in God n his son Jesus christ.we only blv d teachings of d bible n not some doctrine n dat is d love-lost dat exist btw them n other denomination.no true Jehovah's sevant will marry a worldy because d bible talked against it
who be wan even marry them? JW turned the bible upside down ! and even went ahead to omit somethings from their translation ! na who no know JW fit decieve ...just like some Nigerian pastors !

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by pikapizy(m): 4:16am On Dec 01, 2015
DedeNkem:
If she tthinks the man's religion is a problem, then she should discuss it with the guy. If they don't get to a good arrangement then she should dump him and move on.

There's no reason to keep a relationsgip that won't work out well for her. It's better she's single than to be in love and unhappy. Love is about being happy.

Didn't Ruth ,the good woman tell Naomi "...your people will be my people, ur God will be my God.."? Nigerian church goers takes doctrine more serious than the biblical characters they are suppose to be imitating!

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:16am On Dec 01, 2015
It doesbt worth it.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by fenway4u: 4:48am On Dec 01, 2015
what. I belief about religion is that we are all victim of circumstance simply because we practice d religion of our parent and share d same faith wt them, if shade is born by a idol worshipper she might also be an idol worshipper, it's scarce to see a pastor's son practising Islam neither imam daughter going to church, what is d assurance dat our parent made d right decision? but u should all remember that both books(Quran and Bibble preaches love). I don't see big deal in marriage outside my religion as far as our ideology and understanding are intact.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Sike(m): 4:56am On Dec 01, 2015
Why Not.

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by 2undeee(m): 5:09am On Dec 01, 2015
I think it's high time we the youth of today face the reality, if u find love in any religion go for that love nd leave the rest to the creator of heaven nd earth because to me the only religion that exist is LOVE where love does not exist no religion will exist
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by miqos02(m): 5:12am On Dec 01, 2015
tell me more about their service bro
firstking01:
I can't compromise christianity for anything,,,if nt, 3weeks ago, i wud 've bin a jehovah's witness by now. I really love her. I had to suspend my church on sunday morning, just to go to the kingdom hall, can u imagine?. We sat togeda listening to the teaching and singing their hymn. Mehn, if nt dat i'm rooted in d word, by nw i wud be a jehovah's witness. Damn it.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by cornoil(m): 5:14am On Dec 01, 2015
Ur mum was a Muslim b4 she converted. So ur xtian gf should also expect to to do like ur mum in future? Y can't u convert also since u are not a strong muslim?

Ajibel:
I'm faced with this situation too. Im a Muslim, she is Christian.

I try not to think of it. I always picture Babatunde Fashola whose wife is a Christian and give myself hope that it'll work for me.

My mum was a Christian before she married my Dad and converted.

Besides, I am not a staunch Muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by NinaNigeria(f): 5:16am On Dec 01, 2015
If there is one thing i wil never compromise on in my life its my religion hey. I wud rather b single.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by timothydare(m): 5:22am On Dec 01, 2015
Cutehector:
Naaah... Bible says do nad be equally yoked with an unbeliever... Hence i cant change my religion...

Religion is very different from denomination pls take note... Hence i cant change christianity to be a muslim, or budhist, or jehovah witness, or eckist, or mormon, or hinduist..

being a Jehovah's witness is d swetest tin. I believ u no little abt Jehovah's witnesses dats y u have negative thinking abt dem.pls change dat view of yours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by timothydare(m): 5:28am On Dec 01, 2015
pikapizy:

who be wan even marry them? JW turned the bible upside down ! and even went ahead to omit somethings from their translation ! na who no know JW fit decieve ...just like some Nigerian pastors !
u sure say u no Jehovah's witnesses at all? meet 1 of us u get 2 no d bible beta

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by ministeriallist: 5:36am On Dec 01, 2015
firstking01:
I can't compromise christianity for anything,,,if nt, 3weeks ago, i wud 've bin a jehovah's witness by now. I really love her. I had to suspend my church on sunday morning, just to go to the kingdom hall, can u imagine?. We sat togeda listening to the teaching and singing their hymn. Mehn, if nt dat i'm rooted in d word, by nw i wud be a jehovah's witness. Damn it.
I believe u didn't listen. There teaching is always directly from the bible. Try some other time to go to the Kingdom Hall alone (without the girl) and listen carefully. I've tried it and found out there teaching is the best - simple to understand and they read the bible always. No motivational cajoling found in many churches. I wonder why people don't like there teaching. Well, people generally don't like good things.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Pidggin(f): 5:43am On Dec 01, 2015
timothydare:

u sure say u no Jehovah's witnesses at all? meet 1 of us u get 2 no d bible beta

I heard you don't sing National Anthems
You don't join the army?
You don't accept blood transfusion?
You don't celebrate birthdays?
You believe only JWs will be captured and go to heaven?
And your Bible is definitely different from ours
And you say you are Christian?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by princeade86(m): 5:47am On Dec 01, 2015
d question is dat are we not serving one GOD?

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by ministeriallist: 5:47am On Dec 01, 2015
pikapizy:

That means you never listened to them. Don't judge from what you heard from others. Jehovah's Witnesses have the accurate teachings of the bible. I study with them and they don't tell stories. Rather they teach directly from the Bible. They are the only people who preach the word of God. While many pastors are enriching themselves with the sweat of others, Jehovah's witnesses sacrificed there time and energy to preach - Matthew 24:14
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by pikapizy(m): 5:50am On Dec 01, 2015
timothydare:

I have lots of them as friend ...many of JW avoid my house because I know pass them ...
a church that doesn't believe in miracles through Christ ( no wonder they are the highest patronizers of witch doctors and herbalist )
a church that doesn't believe there's hell fire
people that spend hours inside sun trekking and preaching but believe they are not going to heaven (ask them they will tell u the number of people going to heaven is completed).
a church that want u to accept and read their tracts and books but will never accept urs (cheating)
a church that refuse to pray in public
a church that prohibits it members from respecting national symbols and emblems forgetting that Christ said "give what belong to Caesar ( govt) to Caesar (govt)
by the way I was briefly a witness but I knew the truth and it set me free! repent!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Sweet Boy" Says Single Women Who Refuse To Date Married Men Are "Foolish" / Would You Still Forgive And Love Someone After They’ve Cheated? / Do You Know A Playboy? For The Sake Of Sisters Put Down His Name Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.