Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob (3325 Views)

The IPOB, Hausas And Soldiers Clash In Umuahia: Reason Behind It / Clear Evidence That The IPOB List Claiming To Visit Trump Is Fake / Updates From The IPOB Declared Sit-At-Home Protest (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by Eddygourdo(m): 4:05pm On Dec 02, 2015
I blame every previous and present government of Nigeria for creating idleness in our youths, I blame the youths of this generation for taking up idleness in comfort, I blame mobile and smart phones with cheap data for making idleness seem attractive, I blame the Nigerian government for not using better techniques to shut down an illegal radio with hate messages and finally I blame the devil for using igbo minds as his workshop as well as a short, shallow memory. That has forgotten the past
The rise in violence at ipob rallies as evidenced on some threads has finally proven that the end is nigh for this ill timed struggle. I personally have seen violence, seen death, death in thousands of imaginative ways, experienced that feeling of a war torn people, went hungry for weeks while the dead littered, and as soon I my legs could carry me, I ran from violence. Chinua achebe of blessed memory used his book there was a country, to re-highlight on the social ills facing the country as well as the constant marginalisation and I'll treatment of the Igbos which occurred pre- civil war, during the war and post civil war. Shame the world never learned from it nor gave it it's true interpretation as a catalyst for change in this nation. Yet they ignored the interpretations of nnamdi kanu and his ipob group.
I say the end has come for ipob because when the shit hits the fan, their blood will fill up our roads and pics of their starving children will fill up the Internet with tears and pleas of genocide, yet the Igbos do not realise that today we are stirring the hornets nest, we aren't violent people, we love to travel and establish is far away cities in hope for business opportunities, idleness thanks to the current economic downturns, lost jobs, dis enfranchisement from the current political scheme of things have all helped to fuel an agenda the Igbos abandoned as a plausible solution for more that 35 years.

I believed and hoped that it will never come to this point, that point that Highlighted the flaw observed in the coup of 1966, where a noble cause was implemented with a fatal omission, thus creating an ethnic divide in its consequences which resulted in the pogroms and the war is currently being missed again by the ipob. NOBODY HAS THE MONOPOLY TO VIOLENCE OF ACTION OR REACTION. And most importantly HE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES NEVER THROWS STONES. The aftermath of the coup brought not just igbo deaths, yorubas and other minorities were killed as well in great numbers, the second pogrom targeted mainly the Igbos and later all other tribes joined hands to either fight the war or sabotage Biafran war efforts. I think the current forgetfulness of my people on the effects and sufferings of that war was the NO VICTOR NO VANQUISHED declaration which makes us forget we actually lost the war and begged the world for an end to it.

Every region has rights to desire a seccesion at any period PEACEFULLY, look at the Scottish case, no war or violence or protest has done the trick, look at the catalan case and same is observed. To assume and threaten the nation of violence in the ojukwu style (there was actually no bullet, yet he declared we had arms to defeat africa) is an outdated approach and I doubt other regions or Nigeria will fold their hands and Watch any hair drop from their people, properties or force unit.

The Igbos who have thousands of properties, people and businesses scattered around the nation can have the idiocy of setting a mosque on fire or trucks belonging to aturu awusa dangote, but they forget there is next to nothing investment by other tribes in igbo land and the population of other tribes in igbo land is infinitesimal. Yet we assume that if violence became the order of the day, that we will have the upper hand. Yet you all have no bullets in ur homes in preparation for war, nor do you have any grain in your barn. I really feel dissapointed

This thread is meant to hopefully desensitise the igbo youth that violence will never be a solution to our agitation, that we Igbos are a resourceful people and thus should use our brains and stop acting like the follow follow aturu awusa people we mock and call ndi iberibe, stop the protests so you don't incurr the might of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA, that might will include

Long jail term for nnamdi kanu
State of emergency in affected states
Federal troops deplored with long curfews
Shoot at sight order on unruly elements
Rape and molestation of our people by soldiers
Shame of submission after all bravado and bradadiscio

And after every every humiliation has been meted out, we still live in the zoo with greater marginalisation and political irrelevance cos of another failed attempt. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

LEARN TODAY BY ADVICE SO YOU DON'T LEARN TOMMOROW FROM YOUR FOLLIES

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by Kyase(m): 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
They should continue ooooo, when all investments move to another region they shouldn't shout marginalization.
The ibos may regret this,at long run

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by cocoduck: 4:16pm On Dec 02, 2015
Id10ts on rampage, your so called police and army has power only on women, GTFOH

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by baralatie(m): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
and finally I blame the devil for using igbo minds as his workshop as well as a short, shallow memory. That has forgotten the past

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by baralatie(m): 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
Kyase:
They should continue ooooo, when all investments move to another region they shouldn't shout marginalization.
The ibos may regret this,at long run
Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by cocoduck: 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2015
[quote author=baralatie post=40617380][/quote]
I need the name of the investment in the East, bastard
Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by vladimiros: 4:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
The police is killing armless Youths, you are here speaking nonsense

when those youths now carry arms you will start shouting

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by baralatie(m): 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
cocoduck:

I need the name of the investment in the East, bastard
So the ibeto cement plant is not an investment.
Onitsha main market is not an iinvestment
Aba market is not an iiinvestment
Banks,insurance houses,schools is not an investment.

"and finally I blame the devil for using igbo minds as his workshop as well as a short, shallow memory. That has forgotten the past

2 Likes

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by cocoduck: 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
baralatie:

So the ibeto cement plant is not an investment.
Onitsha main market is not an iinvestment
Aba market is not an iiinvestment
Banks,insurance houses,schools is not an investment.

"and finally I blame the devil for using igbo minds as his workshop as well as a short, shallow memory. That has forgotten the past
IBeto cement that your brother OBJ renderd useless or what? I need things like River port in that very Onicha, or good federal roads there, don't tell me Innsosn because the founder is a Biafran, where is Dangote the so called black richest man, he owns many things all over tyhe planet but cannot boast of a mud hut in the east, we because he understands wetin dey, that is what the useless igbo zooans do not.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by Eddygourdo(m): 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
vladimiros:

because in this day an age, violent protests are not a solution to anything, protests can bring a change to an event, but never will it create a new country. Referendums and peaceful discussions at international level creates a country. My Piece

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by cocoduck: 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
vladimiros:

bros that is the best thing, I am already downloading videos from youtube in military style training and bomb making

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by Eddygourdo(m): 4:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
cocoduck:
IBeto cement that your brother OBJ renderd useless or what? I need things like River port in that very Onicha, or good federal roads there, don't tell me Innsosn because the founder is a Biafran, where is Dangote the so called black richest man, he owns many things all over tyhe planet but cannot boast of a mud hut in the east, we because he understands wetin dey, that is what the useless igbo zooans do not.
you have mentioned the solution to the igbo problem and also highlighted why violence should be far from igbo minds, we have everything to lose and they have little to lose in event if a war. Or break down of peace and order.
Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by yahrant140(m): 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
At least six dead
Cars burnt
Shops looted and vandalized...
~~~
Signs of their Biafra...
~~~
I am happy soldiers are in and the "freedom fighters" who claim they can die for Biafra have all run away and calm has returned to Onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by baralatie(m): 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
cocoduck:
With your own comment you have rendered a very respected ibeto USELESS not obj.
obj could not stop ibeto but rather the business style of dangote and ibeto are totally different.
Do you think if ibeto had financial loans and management staff at the back of dangote he will not "blow"

Now the reason you know about dangote is his cement.
And ibeto is also going into it without any limitations.

You again by your comment degrading innosons efforts asas "useless Igbo".
It is rather unfortunate
You think if innoson motors was either a northern or western company ,mehn they will celebrate it to whoever cares to listen!

But for all the youths involved in today's nonsense,nonsense........
and finally I blame the devil for using igbo minds as his workshop as well as a short, shallow memory. That has forgotten the past

2 Likes

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by baralatie(m): 4:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
yahrant140:
At least six dead
Cars burnt
Shops looted and vandalized...
~~~
Signs of their Biafra...
~~~
I am happy soldiers are in and the "freedom fighters" who claim they can die for Biafra have all run away and calm has returned to Onitsha.
They don't understand what they are stepping into!

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by cocoduck: 4:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
baralatie:

With your own comment you have rendered a very respected ibeto USELESS not obj.
obj could not stop ibeto but rather the business style of dangote and ibeto are totally different.
Do you think if ibeto had financial loans and management staff at the back of dangote he will not "blow"

Now the reason you know about dangote is his cement.
And ibeto is also going into it without any limitations.

You again by your comment degrading innosons efforts asas "useless Igbo".
It is rather unfortunate
You think if innoson motors was either a northern or western company ,mehn they will celebrate it to whoever cares to listen!

But for all the youths involved in today's nonsense,nonsense........
gtfoh
Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by baralatie(m): 4:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
cocoduck:
gtfoh
Open your eyes!
ThinkThink!
What does it profit to looose all Igbo investment and soul for an issue that does not worth it

3 Likes

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by BTT(m): 11:42am On Dec 07, 2015
The question I ask our Igbo brothers:

Why do you want Biafra now?

I am still to have a convincing response.

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by ArodeTsolaye: 12:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
At the end of all Plenty english, BIAFRA WILL COME grin
www.nairaland.com/2786369/referendum-all-fg-properties-go#40768848

2 Likes

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by ArodeTsolaye: 12:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
At the end of all Plenty english, BIAFRA WILL COME grin
www.nairaland.com/2786369/referendum-all-fg-properties-go#40768848

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by shachris02: 12:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
cocoduck:
Id10ts on rampage, your so called police and army has power only on women, GTFOH

ijiji nti ike na eso ozu alaa mmuo.

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by TruthisGOD: 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
Eddygourdo:
because in this day an age, violent protests are not a solution to anything, protests can bring a change to an event, but never will it create a new country. Referendums and peaceful discussions at international level creates a country. My Piece
You're just being hypocritical and insensitive. Have they killed any person? Have the not being on peaceful protest for more than one month while FG shoots at them?
Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by trapQ: 12:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
*unarmed" wink
vladimiros:

2 Likes

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by Eddygourdo(m): 2:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
TruthisGOD:
You're just being hypocritical and insensitive. Have they killed any person? Have the not being on peaceful protest for more than one month while FG shoots at them?
am not bro. Can you truly say that the protests for all intents was peaceful? A protest made at the backdrop of zoo chants, derogatory remarks and threats of violence if the goal isn't achieved? Maybe you should read up on crowd control procedures by the armed forces then you will understand why some people had to die.

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by Duru1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
Eddygourdo:
you have mentioned the solution to the igbo problem and also highlighted why violence should be far from igbo minds, we have everything to lose and they have little to lose in event if a war. Or break down of peace and order.

These is one reason I want Ndiigbo out of Nigeria and support the IPOB and MAASOB since Nigerian educational system is nothing to write home about though. Per the bolded, who are "we"? Please it is wise to maintain some form of clarity. You find it at home to write Igbo and Igbo people and very hard and shameful to mention or write your dull ethnicity in the same context.

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by TruthisGOD: 3:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
Eddygourdo:
am not bro. Can you truly say that the protests for all intents was peaceful? A protest made at the backdrop of zoo chants, derogatory remarks and threats of violence if the goal isn't achieved? Maybe you should read up on crowd control procedures by the armed forces then you will understand why some people had to die.
If u ve condemned the killings of unarmed protesters, i wld ve agree with u to an extent instead u're busy giving much emphase on properties not minding human lives that were shoot dead by the police. Blacks and there babaric ways of reasoning. No wonder we don't progress. Have u asked urself what prompted the destructions of properties? B
Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by kingzizzy: 3:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
I blame Lugard for creating the zoological Republic and making us all Nigerians

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by TruthisGOD: 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
Eddygourdo:
Well, since you said that some ppl ve to die during a peaceful protests. One day your sister or daughter will be shot dead by Nigerian police when protesting for hike in school fees. Babarians!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by rebelbeer: 3:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
I heard the campaign is funded by this beer??

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by Scout60(m): 3:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
really Nigeria love igbos.

igbos don't need foreign investor. we are investors ourselves. main market, nnewi machine parts, Nkpor auto spare parts, building material ogidi and electrical parts iweka all in one regio
the yorubas are really crying for what they will miss if Biafra break away.....

smh

2 Likes

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by Eddygourdo(m): 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2015
Duru1:

These is one reason I want Ndiigbo out of Nigeria and support the IPOB and MAASOB since Nigerian educational system is nothing to write home about though. Per the bolded, who are "we"? Please it is wise to maintain some form of clarity. You find it at home to write Igbo and Igbo people and very hard and shameful to mention or write your dull ethnicity in the same context.
Well too bad am very very absolutely very certain I floor you academically and many other aspects that has to do with intellectual dexterity. So oga come down from your high horses of perceived enlightment and speak at ur level

1 Like

Re: The Beginning Of The End Of The Ipob by Scout60(m): 3:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
BTT:
The question I ask our Igbo brothers:
Why do you want Biafra now?
I am still to have a convincing response.
because we are tired of 100 years of unfruitful journey

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Probe Tinubu, Jonathan, Ameachi, Obasanjo – EFCC / Tension As Nnamdi Kanu’s Secret Trial To Start Today / See Andrew Yakubu Did To The Whistle Who Exposed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.