Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? (32037 Views)

Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet / 16 Things That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Use Android Devices / Seven Things To Consider Before Buying A Tablet . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by timbros(m): 11:07am On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
no be desktop, na televisiongrin

Can you imagine!
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by BrianRoss: 11:08am On Dec 03, 2015
i see nothing bad in making a tablet ur promary phone thou, its people's choice, some people love anything with big screen.

I till remember when smart phones starting coming out newly, people see 5" phones to b too big then, but nw people prfer to use 5.5" and 5.7" than d 5", very soon people will start demanding for 6" more. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by timbros(m): 11:09am On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

I agree people have different choice, but that does not mean your choice can't be weird. Just as placing a laptop on your face is....

Mind you, it's not placing my laptop on my face but bending forward to speak into the laptop in order to be audible enough for the person in the other end.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by timbros(m): 11:12am On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

Sorry sir. You can as well use your laptop to browse in danfo

Who says I can't?

Have you ever had a project with the deadline approaching when you use every available time to do one or two things?

So if I have my laptop with me on my way to/back from work, and it's conducive for me, I can't open my laptop and do something?

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by timbros(m): 11:20am On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

That is another issue bro. I went to s wedding last week and this chick was taking pictures with her iPad. She thought she was taking better pictures and was forming levels. I pulled out my phone, took a picture and showed her and she was amazed how good the picture turned out. This girl actually had an LG g3 which takes far better pictures than an iPad, but ignorance no let am. Tablets have cameras for emergency pictures only, but not for taking main pictures. That is why they all have low quality cameras compared to phones.

Exactly bro.

My 5inch phone takes a more clearer and better picture than any of my 7inch and 9.7inch tabs.

Though I prefer using my digital camera to take pictures especially during occasions.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 11:30am On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Wrong .Because a devices uses a sim card doesn't make it a phone. An iPad uses sim card but it'd not a phone, and that is why apple never included the GSM radio in their iPads, because they know people like u will mistake it for a phone .The sim card is strictly for internet . Even Samsung has stopped putting GSM radio in their tablets, and u can never find GSM radio on surface pro or Nokia lumia 2520 tablets. They all have sim cards but u can't make calls with them .U can't make calls with the nexus 9 or any other nexus tablets.

It is all these chinese phone makers that put gsm radio in their tablets just to attract customers . But what do u expect, these Chinese companies are ready to include any feature in their gadgets as gimmicks. They can add TV and even a cigarette lighter to their tablets.
a tablet is a phone...it just has a bigger screen just to make it easier for people that would love to work on it. I know an app that makes call on tablets tho it uses wifi. You have a point tho cos it doesnt make sense to make calls on tablets without earphones
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by abatically(m): 11:38am On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
a tablet is a phone...it just has a bigger screen just to make it easier for people that would love to work on it. I know an app that makes call on tablets tho it uses wifi. You have a point tho cos it doesnt make sense to make calls on tablets with 10-inches and above

A tablet is not a phone, though some of them have wifi calling capabilities, its still not enough to call it a phone. Laptops also have wifi calling capabilities, does that make them a phone? Some tablets (especially chinese ones like Tecno, etc) add gsm radio to their tablets to attract customers. But the big companies like Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC etc do not add gsm radio to their tablets.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by obynaDmob(m): 11:38am On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

Look at what you are saying...So technically, A 18-inch galaxy View tablet is a phone?
[img]http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/ZlF6MGNep3HEPwaysklRW-cfK1o=/0x1080/assets.volume.voxmedia.com/production/30b70aa7785834c165d545df476e6046/VRG_VHO_407_Samsung_galaxy_view_thumb.jpg[/img]

This one is not normal o...after talking about 7inches u na brought pictures of 18inches undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 11:43am On Dec 03, 2015
abatically:

A tablet is not a phone, though some of them have wifi calling capabilities, its still not enough to call it a phone. Laptops also have wifi calling capabilities, does that make them a phone? Some tablets (especially chinese ones like Tecno, etc) add gsm radio to their tablets to attract customers. But the big companies like Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Blackberry, Samsung, HTC etc do not add gsm radio to their tablets.
laptops are not phones...but i can still say tablets are phones with bigger screens
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Lincoln275(m): 11:51am On Dec 03, 2015
they don't know what they r doing. #gbam
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 03, 2015
funny
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by teepsee(f): 11:51am On Dec 03, 2015
there way of been civilized
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by yemosticadam(m): 11:51am On Dec 03, 2015
OYAMILENU!!!!
igraman:
shoro niyen ...

I'm using tecno 7C tab. and its always mobile with me.
I refuse to be compromised.
carry your theory away from here now !

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Patented: 11:54am On Dec 03, 2015
the lines between a tablet and a phone have become blurred. they have been nicknamed phablets now sef. where a tablet can carry a sim and make calls why not use it and maximize functions. if a person's primary line is his preferred data network so be it. maybe you should blame the manufacturers and not the users @ OP

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ILOVETOFUCK(f): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2015
OP u dey m*ad ni?? what concerns you if I decide to use my tab for calls. and this c*rap made frontpage. issorite.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by justicejay(m): 11:55am On Dec 03, 2015
Nigerians and their behavior.
we always want to copy the advance countries,but we do use it abnormally.
you have your Tab agreed, but how on earth will you place it on your face to make call, I think a head set or ear phone will do. but people like using it for show or to form.

Nigerians Youth are always wired.
its only in Nigeria that Na unemployed youth will be using 120k iPhone? Ahah for what?
buying 80k cellular and you are jobless.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by chinnyonwu(m): 11:56am On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

A lot of people uses a tablet as their 'primary' phone

Making calls is not the problem...placing such big device on their face is....do you place the laptop on you face...
Nawa oo..
Isit your face?
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Rawblings(m): 11:56am On Dec 03, 2015
An ear piece can be connected to the tab to make calls. No be everybody go fit afford both tab and smart phone or chinko phone grin
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:
Good day guys. There is something now that is very common among us here in Nigeria now, which is the fact that people carry a 7-Inch device or bigger about as a mobile phone. One example of such devices which seem to be most popular amongst users is the Tecno Droipad, and while this seem inappropriate, it also seems to be what most Average Nigerians have settled for.

I don't understand what reasons are responsible for this act and would love to if someone could explain to me, but yet I'm 100% convinced already that there is not explanation for such.

Its Just so so akward for people to call a 7-inch device "My Phone" or "phone" self, using it to make calls by placing the full 7-inch on their face, and collecting people number with it, or even using whatsapp with it especially in public places like a bus! cos 7-inch device is obviously a tablet!! And tablets where built to serve a different purpose from Phones.

I just felt like letting this out of my mind. Please if you are among them, save money and buy a phone! Even if na touch lite. And keep your tab at home. Or use it in private for other stuffs, not as a regular phone. Its not proper.

Why does it have features to make and recieve calls? I buy glo N2500. They give me extra 5k for calls and messages. I am making calls with my mtn line and my credit runs out. So by ur theory, I shouldn't use the 5k extra credit in my tab that has the features for making calls to complete the call I was making abi? Even if I am doing so with an earpiece?

You re not serious!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by menix(m): 11:57am On Dec 03, 2015
I called them Anti-christ..

How can someone carry a TV screen all over the place nd u think its not end Time..
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by andreernest28(m): 11:58am On Dec 03, 2015
Whats your business with tabs used as phone?
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Idrismusty97(m): 11:58am On Dec 03, 2015
I don't like big mobile device anyway, The highest i can go for is 6inch(Even that is too big). What's the point having a phone and a tab again? Must phone have the same OS with the Tab and can do exactly everything or even more than the Tab, Then why do you like such big things. It is none of my business anyway if you decide to use a laptop as your mobile phone.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

That is another issue bro. I went to s wedding last week and this chick was taking pictures with her iPad. She thought she was taking better pictures and was forming levels. I pulled out my phone, took a picture and showed her and she was amazed how good the picture turned out. This girl actually had an LG g3 which takes far better pictures than an iPad, but ignorance no let am. Tablets have cameras for emergency pictures only, but not for taking main pictures. That is why they all have low quality cameras compared to phones.
You forgot to add they hardly come with flash
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2015
ILOVETOFUCK:
OP u dey m*ad ni?? what concerns you if I decide to use my tab for calls. and this c*rap made frontpage. issorite.
no need for vulgar words
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Leapitech(m): 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:
Good day guys. There is something now that is very common among us here in Nigeria now, which is the fact that people carry a 7-Inch device or bigger about as a mobile phone. One example of such devices which seem to be most popular amongst users is the Tecno Droipad, and while this seem inappropriate, it also seems to be what most Average Nigerians have settled for.

I don't understand what reasons are responsible for this act and would love to if someone could explain to me, but yet I'm 100% convinced already that there is not explanation for such.

Its Just so so akward for people to call a 7-inch device "My Phone" or "phone" self, using it to make calls by placing the full 7-inch on their face, and collecting people number with it, or even using whatsapp with it especially in public places like a bus! cos 7-inch device is obviously a tablet!! And tablets where built to serve a different purpose from Phones.

I just felt like letting this out of my mind. Please if you are among them, save money and buy a phone! Even if na touch lite. And keep your tab at home. Or use it in private for other stuffs, not as a regular phone. Its not proper.

I carry a 7 inch phone and I have a touch light itel phone to go with it.. I have two mini laptops at home, I'm a business Man on the go, the closet I can get to my biz is having my 7inch phone close to me all the time while I receive calls with my itel torchlight phone, I can also chose to receive calls with my tablet if I have to... Your opinion is so limited to you please..

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by grandlexuz(m): 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
w
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
timbros:
No one uses a tablet as 'primary' phone.

But then who cares if one uses a tablet for making calls? It's their device, it's their life.

OP you're in no position to say it's 'not proper'.

I sometimes use my 7incher to make calls too. Heck! I even make calls with my modem via laptop.
Then start placing the entire laptop on your face & see the world laugh at you
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Kingsasian(m): 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
I just tire for those guys o. Since I bought mine at I haven't taken it out with me as a matter of fact I don't go out with my internet enabled devices except my torch lite phone.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ReportersNG: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
we both know this 18-inch tablet is not what i meant, and this tablet is not meant to be held like a tablet...it‘s gonna have something like a laptop bag..can you yourself call this a phone grin?
if its nt a fone, then wat is it? My 7inch tab is my primary fone and 11inch is my secondary fone
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by steve308(m): 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
i don't see any probs in one getting a tablet for him or herself, i have an iPad and i move around with it comfortably its obvious u dont wanna step up ur GAME #teamforwardeverbackwardnever
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by donhils: 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
They are simply the clueless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Nairalander Unboxes His Brand New BB OS 7.1 Device / 5 Must Have Accessories For Smartphone Owners / Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Is Coming Soon, See Rumored Specs And Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.