Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? (32041 Views)

Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet / 16 Things That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Use Android Devices / Seven Things To Consider Before Buying A Tablet . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
tasceige:
Just like this

Just take a look at this.

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by pomsky: 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
igraman:
shoro niyen ...

I'm using tecno 7C tab. and its always mobile with me.
I refuse to be compromised.
carry your theory away from here now !

[size=14pt]......my bro, i use my galaxy tab 10' to make & receive calls, even at the airport.
Make e con collect am from my hand now.....na im own? Wetin consign am hw i use am?
.......if e let me vex now, i go take am make call inside swimming pool and receive call inside river grin[/size]
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by pomsky: 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Just take a look at this.

[size=14pt].....very fine........senior babe! grin[/size]
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by SleekyGee(m): 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:
Good day guys. There is something now that is very common among us here in Nigeria now, which is the fact that people carry a 7-Inch device or bigger about as a mobile phone. One example of such devices which seem to be most popular amongst users is the Tecno Droipad, and while this seem inappropriate, it also seems to be what most Average Nigerians have settled for.

I don't understand what reasons are responsible for this act and would love to if someone could explain to me, but yet I'm 100% convinced already that there is not explanation for such.

Its Just so so akward for people to call a 7-inch device "My Phone" or "phone" self, using it to make calls by placing the full 7-inch on their face, and collecting people number with it, or even using whatsapp with it especially in public places like a bus! cos 7-inch device is obviously a tablet!! And tablets where built to serve a different purpose from Phones.

I just felt like letting this out of my mind. Please if you are among them, save money and buy a phone! Even if na touch lite. And keep your tab at home. Or use it in private for other stuffs, not as a regular phone. Its not proper.

Poor man mentality, I
use a tablet and still keep a small nokia phone in my pocket, so I shouldn't use my tablet in public, silly post, LOCAL PERSON

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Tamakay(m): 2:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
To me it's really awkward. But ur last paragraph spoilt ur good observation. You show ur anger, arrogance and trying to force every other person to buy ur idea hook, line and sinker. Pls next time detach ur emotions from the subject matter to enable u make a sound observation and judgement.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by charlsecy(m): 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:
Good day guys. There is something now that is very common among us here in Nigeria now, which is the fact that people carry a 7-Inch device or bigger about as a mobile phone. One example of such devices which seem to be most popular amongst users is the Tecno Droipad, and while this seem inappropriate......
How did you determine that using a 7-inch device as phone is inappropriate?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by airsaylongcon: 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
timbros:

And to think you actually made these bolded statements! Wtf!

So I can't whatsapp with my tab in public? I should leave my tab at home? Is it a desktop computer? Save money to buy a phone? Do you even know how much most of this tabs cost in comparison to regular phones?

I give up!

You missed the point about instant messaging (whatsapp). On a 7in tab, your chats are easily visible to the person seating next to you in a bus. Loss of privacy is what's the concern here

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by airsaylongcon: 3:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
What‘s a device that uses sim cards and has a screen called? PHONE

Have sense na. So my wifi device that uses a sim and has screen is a phone? Or a Smart TV is also a phone?
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by frenchboy(m): 3:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
Op u know dat naija like to sjow up,we don arrive..evn d so call bid me use d smallest nokia
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by airsaylongcon: 3:38pm On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
ohh jesus christ!!! Laptops use modems!

And smart phones don't use modems? How on earth do you think they are able to connect to the Internet?

By modems you are referring to those USB dongles. However long before smartphone became trendy some laptops have always had built-in GSM modems where you slot in your sim like you do on phones. I know some models on Lenovo Thinkpad had this feature.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
charlsecy:

How did you determine that using a 7-inch device as phone is inappropriate?
Think of it as using short trouser as boxers.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2015
SleekyGee:

Poor man mentality, I
use a tablet and still keep a small nokia phone in my pocket, so I shouldn't use my tablet in public, silly post, LOCAL PERSON
SMH...
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Emdee590(m): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
timbros:

There is no law prohibiting one to place his face on a device when making calls.

If it's not comfortable with you, it is for others. You don't tag it improper because it's not comfortable with you. One man's food, they say, is another man's poison.

... And yes, I place my face on my laptop to make calls when head/earphone is not handy.
Then you don dae enter mental be that oooo
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
Safari29:

my torch light phone is just for voice calls, though I used the tablet sometimes when I have some free credit
Fine! But do you place the tablet on your face to make calls?..
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Rajosh(m): 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2015
Op is high on some cheap expired grass. what's your business if they use their tabs to make calls. na u buy am for them? because you're not comfortable with it, you call it improper. you're actually jobless.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
Safari29:

I would say receiving calls by placing it on ur face is awkward. but carrying it around is normal
Yes...when I mean carring about tho...I mean, holding it in your hands like you would hold a phone and carry it up and down...
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Rajosh:
Op is high on some cheap expired grass. what's your business if they use their tabs to make calls. na u buy am for them? because you're not comfortable with it, you call it improper. you're actually jobless.
Thank you proper man...for making my tread your business just because I decided to correct a few people, like say na you open am for me, even if you are not comfortable with it, so you insulted me. So I grateful you still had time to drop a comment upon all your work and busy schedules.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
Tamakay:
To me it's really awkward. But ur last paragraph spoilt ur good observation. You show ur anger, arrogance and trying to force every other person to buy ur idea hook, line and sinker. Pls next time detach ur emotions from the subject matter to enable u make a sound observation and judgement.
Thank you sir smiley
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Have sense na. So my wifi device that uses a sim and has screen is a phone? Or a Smart TV is also a phone?
gimme yours na...you cant comment without insulting..
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by airsaylongcon: 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:
Think of it as using short trouser as boxers.
Hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
airsaylongcon:

And smart phones don't use modems? How on earth do you think they are able to connect to the Internet?

By modems you are referring to those USB dongles. However long before smartphone became trendy some laptops have always had built-in GSM modems where you slot in your sim like you do on phones. I know some models on Lenovo Thinkpad had this feature.
we‘ve heard...
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ewizard1: 3:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
IMO, tablets are not meant to be used as an everyday use as phone. No!!
Its meant to read, listen to music and watch movies; reason for its larger screen size.
So if you use it as phone and even place it on your face just as it is, yes its your money/device but you are so dumb & portray the full features of an illiterate.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Jusome: 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
e consign u get out abeg
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ssultana(f): 4:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
Naijji:
The one wey dey pain me na ppl wey dey use tablet dey take pictures. For their mind dem dey form levels. Just use your phone dude. It's probably got a better camera than the tablet.

So much anger and hate in this
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
Kyllahmc:
To me, anything wey get simcard na phone.
augster see your brother...oya pass the knowledge you learnt today...grin
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
ewizard1:
IMO, tablets are not meant to be used as an everyday use as phone. No!!
Its meant to read, listen to music and watch movies; reason for its larger screen size.
So if you use it as phone and even place it on your face just as it is, yes its your money/device but you are so dumb & portray the full features of an illiterate.
grin Dead!! grin
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2015
franciskaine:
do you have a 7 incher tab? The difference between a seven inch tab and 6 inch fone is minute. If carrying 7 incher tab is a problem den walking around with a 6 incher fone is also a problem. I find it more convenient using my 7 incher tab. Though I av a Nokia torch which I rarely use.
Actually its 1-inch, which is also the diff between infinix hot/ galaxy s4 and iphone 5/5s

And I bet you consider iPhone 5 small in size..
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
Safari29:

well ur opinion doesn't count. I think u are the one that is silly, finding fault where there is none. Using a tablet is by choice, mind ur business
Just as not going to school is by choice..
Not eating is by choice...
Taking Danfo than Brt is by choice....
Working for airtel than chevron is by choice...

People are free to make choices, but that does not mean the choices made are 'right!'
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

That is another issue bro. I went to s wedding last week and this chick was taking pictures with her iPad. She thought she was taking better pictures and was forming levels. I pulled out my phone, took a picture and showed her and she was amazed how good the picture turned out. This girl actually had an LG g3 which takes far better pictures than an iPad, but ignorance no let am. Tablets have cameras for emergency pictures only, but not for taking main pictures. That is why they all have low quality cameras compared to phones.
True bro. But some people prefer to keep photos on their tablets for better viewing. It's not always a matter of ignorance it's just preference. I'm curious pls what are emergency pictures?
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

Can't afford to get one? My phone can comfortably buy two 7 inch tablet and another 10 inch tablet and I'll still have some change.
Change to buy the touch lite grin
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 4:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
mykel20:
True bro. But some people prefer to keep photos on their tablets for better viewing. It's not always a matter of ignorance it's just preference. I'm curious pls what are emergency pictures?
You can still send and transfer to the tab later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Nairalander Unboxes His Brand New BB OS 7.1 Device / 5 Must Have Accessories For Smartphone Owners / Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Is Coming Soon, See Rumored Specs And Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.