Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? (32045 Views)

Interesting Reasons To Still Buy A Tablet / 16 Things That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Use Android Devices / Seven Things To Consider Before Buying A Tablet . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by kellsblingsz(m): 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
it z kinda awkward and irritating... no responsible and matured person wld do dat
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 12:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
ReportersNG:
if its nt a fone, then wat is it? My 7inch tab is my primary fone and 11inch is my secondary fone
You said your 7 inch 'tab'...then you said 'phone' again.

Dude its a TAB which is Tablet. Not a phone. If it has phone capabilities...fine...make your calls using a earpiece...not by force turning the tab into a phone.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
kellsblingsz:
it z kinda awkward and irritating... no responsible and matured person wld do dat
Thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by ikukuhero: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

A lot of people uses a tablet as their 'primary' phone

Making calls is not the problem...placing such big device on their face is....do you place the laptop on you face...

How is it your problem where a person chooses to place their laptop or device? I can place it on my head if I wish! Please, get busy and stay off other people's affairs.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
southcent:
op...
Yes.... Same to you...
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
Safari29:

my own tablet samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 version can make gsm calls just like phones, and it can even do more than a phone does. check the spec online

That Samsung decided to include a gsm radio in their tablet still doesn't make it a phone. It is good to have the added option. But It is very silly when someone carries a tablet about as their daily driver phone. I have seen people who have smartphones but still decide to carry their tablet around to make phone calls. If u ask me that is awkward.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by realGod(f): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2015
please if you don't have one, and can't afford to get one may be that's y you are against it, leave them is their life and business.QED
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by beyoncausme: 1:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
it's just the funny way nigerians think..its all an act of show up...a Tablet from 7inch and above is meant strictly for indoor use,except in rear cases or emergency...
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
Safari29:
Am using samsung galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition, mind you I carry it to almost everywhere, u want know why? I like it big, I read alot, and I love to read on big screen from Internet, ebooks, whatsup, even BBM. I have one small torch light phone for voice call sha

that's just me

Your example is clearly the reason tablets exist. But does it replace your mobile phone?
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
augster:
ohh jesus christ!!! Laptops use modems!
Lol....na you go tire o...just admit tablets are not phones. But a lot of people use tablets as phones and which is really awkward.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by newpisces: 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:
Good day guys. There is something now that is very common among us here in Nigeria now, which is the fact that people carry a 7-Inch device or bigger about as a mobile phone. One example of such devices which seem to be most popular amongst users is the Tecno Droipad, and while this seem inappropriate, it also seems to be what most Average Nigerians have settled for.

I don't understand what reasons are responsible for this act and would love to if someone could explain to me, but yet I'm 100% convinced already that there is not explanation for such.

Its Just so so akward for people to call a 7-inch device "My Phone" or "phone" self, using it to make calls by placing the full 7-inch on their face, and collecting people number with it, or even using whatsapp with it especially in public places like a bus! cos 7-inch device is obviously a tablet!! And tablets where built to serve a different purpose from Phones.

I just felt like letting this out of my mind. Please if you are among them, save money and buy a phone! Even if na touch lite. And keep your tab at home. Or use it in private for other stuffs, not as a regular phone. Its not proper.

There are so many things that you consider normal, which a lot of people see as awkward. It's just the basis of life. As for me, nothing wrong in using a 7 inch tab as a primary phone, though it is not too ok to place it on the face while receiving calls.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Lothbrok(m): 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
I use an AIRTEL sim on my Samsung 10.1 tab 4

I subscribe only the 1500 BIS data plan monthly
I neither make or receive calls from it.
It's basically for internet only.
And office works, when i am at the site. . using the MS office tools to send info.

Where as my dual sim Nokia touchlight has my MTN and ETISALAT sim in it
This is my primary phone
Not a fancy phone
Has longer battery duration, cos I'm always on calls

I don't keep smart phone any longer cos of my job type. .
They fall and break easily.
I cant count the number of time my Nokia phone falls.. I simply pick it up, insert back the battery and I'm back on my calls.

This is my take base on what I'm comfortable with.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
Safari29:

well I don't use my 10.1 tablet for calls, but I see nothing wrong if i use earphone or blue tooth device for my voice call, yes my tab can do all and more a phone does
Sir/Ma yes there is nothing wrong at all.

What we are saying here is people that carry it about, receive and make calls on it by placing it on their face directly, and completely use it like it was a 5-inch phone.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by zynzyn(m): 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:
Good day guys. There is something now that is very common among us here in Nigeria now, which is the fact that people carry a 7-Inch device or bigger about as a mobile phone. One example of such devices which seem to be most popular amongst users is the Tecno Droipad, and while this seem inappropriate, it also seems to be what most Average Nigerians have settled for.

I don't understand what reasons are responsible for this act and would love to if someone could explain to me, but yet I'm 100% convinced already that there is not explanation for such.

Its Just so so akward for people to call a 7-inch device "My Phone" or "phone" self, using it to make calls by placing the full 7-inch on their face, and collecting people number with it, or even using whatsapp with it especially in public places like a bus! cos 7-inch device is obviously a tablet!! And tablets where built to serve a different purpose from Phones.

I just felt like letting this out of my mind. Please if you are among them, save money and buy a phone! Even if na touch lite. And keep your tab at home. Or use it in private for other stukffs, not as a regular phone. Its not proper.

Leave dem! BOYS nefa show dem! grin
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by MDDang1(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
shoro niyen...in badoo voice.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
realGod:
please if you don't have one, and can't afford to get one may be that's y you are against it, leave them is their life and business.QED
Your post makes no sense just as much as your moniker....cos tablets esp these chinese ones that make calls are way cheaper than most phones.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by PhonePlanet(m): 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
ikukuhero:

How is it your problem where a person chooses to place their laptop or device? I can place it on my head if I wish! Please, get busy and stay off other people's affairs.
Just as this tread is my affair, and you are on it.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by augster(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

Lol....na you go tire o...just admit tablets are not phones. But a lot of people use tablets as phones and which is really awkward.
lol...i admit ooo...maybe its because i prefer large screen
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by zynzyn(m): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
But OP as s naija u suppose understand d effizee now?!

But again, some of them na only DAT tablet dem fit afford! True!!
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2015
realGod:

Can't afford to get one? My phone can comfortably buy two 7 inch tablet and another 10 inch tablet and I'll still have some change.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 03, 2015
igraman:
shoro niyen ...

I'm using tecno 7C tab. and its always mobile with me.
I refuse to be compromised.
carry your theory away from here now !
don't mind him, sey na him give me money to buy am. Mtchew!
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Larryfest(m): 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
Its totally wrong abeg i just laugh weneva i see peeps placing on der ear even on d road tablets aint meant 2b used as primary fones even oyinbos dnt use it dat way u either find it in der backpack or at home bt den again dis is naija tins ar done in d rong way n anytin is possible
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Safari29: 1:41pm On Dec 03, 2015
greenhulk:

That Samsung decided to include a gsm radio in their tablet still doesn't make it a phone. It is good to have the added option. But It is very silly when someone carries a tablet about as their daily driver phone. I have seen people who have smartphones but still decide to carry their tablet around to make phone calls. If u ask me that is awkward.
well ur opinion doesn't count. I think u are the one that is silly, finding fault where there is none. Using a tablet is by choice, mind ur business

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
justicejay:
Nigerians and their behavior.
we always want to copy the advance countries,but we do use it abnormally.
you have your Tab agreed, but how on earth will you place it on your face to make call, I think a head set or ear phone will do. but people like using it for show or to form.

Nigerians Youth are always wired.
its only in Nigeria that Na unemployed youth will be using 120k iPhone? Ahah for what?
buying 80k cellular and you are jobless.
do you have a 7 incher tab? The difference between a seven inch tab and 6 inch fone is minute. If carrying 7 incher tab is a problem den walking around with a 6 incher fone is also a problem. I find it more convenient using my 7 incher tab. Though I av a Nokia torch which I rarely use.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Kyllahmc(m): 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2015
To me, anything wey get a simcard slot na phone.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Applaner: 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
op,
nawah 4 u

whether dey use capsule or injection to make call or not, e no concern us nau.

which mod put dis for FP self??
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
As for me, i use a 7inch tablet PC, and make calls from my Android phone.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Safari29: 2:06pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

Sir/Ma yes there is nothing wrong at all.

What we are saying here is people that carry it about, receive and make calls on it by placing it on their face directly, and completely use it like it was a 5-inch phone.
I would say receiving calls by placing it on ur face is awkward. but carrying it around is normal
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by tasceige(m): 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
Just like this

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by northvietnam(m): 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2015
igraman:
shoro niyen ...

I'm using tecno 7C tab. and its always mobile with me.
I refuse to be compromised.
carry your theory away from here now !
. seconded , me too on 7C.
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Safari29: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2015
PhonePlanet:

Your example is clearly the reason tablets exist. But does it replace your mobile phone?
my torch light phone is just for voice calls, though I used the tablet sometimes when I have some free credit
Re: What Do You Think About People Who Use A 'tablet' As A Phone? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
D thing tire me o, pesin go carry windscreen cover face

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Nairalander Unboxes His Brand New BB OS 7.1 Device / 5 Must Have Accessories For Smartphone Owners / Mtn 50mb And 25mb Plans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.