Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth (993 Views)

Ladies, Guys, Have You Ever Been Caught In This Position Before? Speak The Truth / Sexual Harrassment: Feminism And The Dangers Of "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" / Beautiful Truth From A Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by SunehriLasgidi(f): 4:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
In order to avoid chaos in the society, we have constructed gender roles and labels. These help our human interactions. A man should be assertive, domineering, proactive, impulsive, and hot-tempered, to mention a few. On the other hand, a woman should be subservient, mild, nurturing, gentle, soft-spoken, pliable, etc. Society comes up with these roles forgetting that an individual is a soul before anything else.

Going with Plato and Jung, the soul is essentially androgynous; it has masculine and feminine “traits”. There are men whose nature don’t fit in with the generally accepted masculine traits. The same applies to women. I mean not every woman wants to have kids or get married; it’s who they are. It has nothing to do with feminism.

It’s the role of the man to be the head of the family, right? No right-thinking feminist is disputing that fact. But then, a woman has the right to be expressive in her family just like a man has the right to be expressive. It’s a girl child’s prerogative to get an education the same way it is for a boy child. These children might have different household chores but they must be treated the same way.
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Cutehector(m): 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
No one is arguing with u. I see no point in your comprehension,, females are taking lead roles in the society.... So

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by SunehriLasgidi(f): 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
This is what feminism is all about. There must be equality between the sexes. Feminists are not asking for male roles. We’re only saying that just like men, we have rights because we are all human. “Man is defined as a human being and a woman is defined as ‘female’. Whenever she behaves like a human being, she’s said to imitate the male.” – Simone de Beauvoir. This shouldn’t be the case.

Anyone that has an issue with racism should have an issue with sexism. Some women say they don’t support feminism because they can’t do men chores. Chores are roles. Feminism is all about rights to be a human being. We’re not disputing that a mother shouldn’t cook for her family. We’re expressing that a woman, as a human, has the same rights a man has as a man. Human Before Woman. Human Before Man.

READ MORE ON: https://thefemmemedia..com.ng/2015/11/still-on-feminism.html
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Tallesty1(m): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2015
Many will soon attack you for saying that man is the head of the home. They won't read well to understand you properly.
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by SunehriLasgidi(f): 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
Many will soon attack you for saying that man is the head of the home. They won't read well to understand you properly.

It's a risk I'm willing to take!
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by gamaliel121(m): 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
Mtchewwww

I don tire
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by misspicy(f): 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
I was about mentioning you then i saw you commented already cheesy
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2015
Women could also be assertive, domineering, proactive,
impulsive, and hot-tempered, to mention a few.

On the other hand, a [size=20pt]Men[/size] should be subservient, mild, nurturing,gentle, soft-spoken, pliable....Thankyou!undecided

No need for all the Hullabaloo jaweh...undecided "feminism" Is A joke...really...Heartbroken girls Use it To emblazon/flaunt/ their misandristic controversy wahalazzz...undecided

Women would always be Strong! feminism or not! No need Hiding Under the shelter of one Underrated name "Feminism"...

Human Right activist...smiley that's Berra!
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
I keep saying feminism is not all about dominating the man but giving your self
What is called SELF WORTH

Nigerians version of feminism is GIRLS POWER where they want to take charge by force

most feminist are married yes alot of them they are submissive guys think cos they give themselves self worth nd self respect its a disrespect to their ego.

Bt excuse me feminism deals with equality where justice is given to both male nd female real feminism is all bou equal justice

Not a man washing ur cloth or a man bathing u
NO NO NO NO

its bou allowing women av a say on ow to run the economy

To fyt against brutal treatment most women are facing

FEMINISM IS ALL ABOUT EQUAL JUSTICE TO BOTH SEXES

BUT GIRL POWER IS ALL ABOUT DOMINATING THE MEN RACE

THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT BEHAVIOURS!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 03, 2015
Feminists are misunderstood for demanding equality with men and for drawing attention to society's misinterpretation of women and their role. My lecturer used to say something when I was in school: 'why do we have to assign some certain work to the boys(lyk they are free to play football) while our girls are forced to be in the kitchen with their mothers(does the penis and vaginal have anything to do with this? I will always love 'Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche'. I just wish our 9ja men will change their orientation about being a feminist.
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
Feminists are misunderstood for demanding equality with men and for drawing attention to society's misinterpretation of women and their role. My lecturer used to say something when I was in school: 'why do we have to assign some certain work to the boys(lyk they are free to play football) while our girls are forced to be in the kitchen with their mothers(does the penis and vaginal have anything to do with this? I will always love 'Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche'. I just wish our 9ja men will change their orientation about being a feminist.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Strawman: 5:27pm On Dec 03, 2015
Equality with men...okay

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by SunehriLasgidi(f): 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2015
Abbykem:

Yes! Someone gets it!
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by IamLEGEND1: 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2015
nónsense

this days we even get animal rights & you're here complaining about women rights. what are women being denied? NOTHING!
every gender has it's downsides but you don't see men running around complaining about every single thing that makes them what they are.

so unless you're living under an Islamic regime, then pls shut up.

Feminists are nothing but a bunch of whiny loudmouths who needed an outlet to air their pointless, baseless & even more fanatical opinions. They're really not very different from a cult.

Just scream inequality even if the truth of the matter is staring you & everybody else right in the face.

So fūck feminists,fuçk anybody associated with feminists.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 03, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
nónsense

this days we even get animal rights & you're here complaining about women rights. what are women being denied? NOTHING!
every gender has it's downsides but to don't see men running around complaining about every single thing that makes them what they are.

Feminists are nothing but a bunch of whiny loudmouths who needed an outlet to air their pointless, baseless & even more fanatical opinions. They're really not very different from a cult.

Just scream inequality even if the truth of the matter is staring you & everybody else right in the face.

Feminism is different from girls power!!!!!!!!!!

Feminism is equal justice for both men and women

Girl power is dominating d male race

Get ur facts right
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by SunehriLasgidi(f): 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
nónsense

every gender has it's downsides but to don't see men running around complaining about every single thing that makes them what they are.

Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Tallesty1(m): 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
misspicy:

I was about mentioning you then i saw you commented already cheesy
I had to nah... I don't wanna miss the fight.
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
nónsense

you are getting it wrong dear,women are to some extent discriminated upon in the society and that is what feminists stood against,

what is good for the goose,is good for the gander.
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by SunehriLasgidi(f): 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
nónsense

Indeed, this is an intelligent way to express your opinion. I find it endearing and profound. Keep it up!
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by IamLEGEND1: 5:47pm On Dec 03, 2015
halfrica:

Feminism is equal justice for both men and women
Get ur facts right
Seriously? I guess the meaning of the core word 'feminine' is lost on you.
Feminism has always been about women and nothing else.
So go get ur facts right too.
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

Seriously?
I guess the meaning of the core word 'feminine' is lost on you.

Feminism has always been about women and nothing else.

So go get ur facts right too.

And u yourself forgot the key word equal justice
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by IamLEGEND1: 5:56pm On Dec 03, 2015
Jolllyjoy:
you are getting it wrong dear,women are to some extent discriminated upon in the society and that is what feminists stood against,
what is good for the goose,is good for the gander.
you see that is the problem!

ur statement would have been true 20-30yrs ago.....the world has progressed but apparently the feminists are still stuck in the 1980s.

but if you can be so kind,good ma'am, to tell the class how women are still being discriminated against today then maybe I might reason with you.
The whole noise they've been making was centered on education & employment opportunities...... you now have female CEOs,ministers,presidents. and in most schools,the female population is equal to or greater than that of the males.
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by SunehriLasgidi(f): 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2015
halfrica:

You know when someone serves you a cup of sarcasm, right?
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by IamLEGEND1: 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2015
halfrica:
justice for what? wetin dem dey do una?
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2015
SunehriLasgidi:

You know when someone serves you a cup of sarcasm, right?

Sure na
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
justice for what?
wetin dem dey do una?

Una do us plenty plenty sumtin
Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by Tannie(f): 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
Op you said "Feminism means equal right and justice for men and women" but the truth is women do almost everything men do. So I think people should give this topic a rest because we have educated women, we have women in power, we have women holding different positions CEO, directors, Managers etc, we also have men that are chef, designers, stylist, hair dresser etc. The truth is a lot of successful women today didn't achieve success by chanting Feminism, they proved their worth to the people around them but "Some" ladies of this generation do nothing @all, they depend on men but still want equal right and justice. How possible?

Plc ladies do something useful with your life, you will get all the respect you deserve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by IamLEGEND1: 6:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
Tannie:
Op you said "Feminism means equal right and justice for men and women" but the truth is women do almost everything men do. So I think people should give this topic a rest because we have educated women, we have women in power, we have women holding different positions CEO, directors, Managers etc, we also have men that are chef, designers, stylist, hair dresser etc. The truth is a lot of successful women today didn't achieve success by chanting Feminism, they proved their worth to the people around them but "Some" ladies of this generation do nothing @all, they depend on men but still want equal right and justice. How possible?

Plc ladies do something useful with your life, you will get all the respect you deserve.

Re: Let's Talk Feminism: Sifting the Truth from the Myth by SunehriLasgidi(f): 5:36am On Dec 04, 2015
All these plenty ignorance is breaking my heart. If you have issues with racism, why don't you have issues with sexism? There must be non discrimination. Men are not better than women. Women are not better than men. In fact, I'm clamouring for Human Rights. Treat women as human beings. When some dude tells me, "I'll allow you because you're a woman..." I just get ticked off. If other men can stand on that queue, I can stand on that queue.

But then, there is something called rights and roles. If I were to go into "Rights" and "Roles", this innocent "little" topic would get out of hand.

Bottom line is this: Human before man. Human before woman.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Common Ways Nigerian Ladies Indirectly Demand For Money After S*x / Guys, Abeg If Na You Wetin You Go Do? / Single Guys Chaiii! We Are Officially Finish. Come In Let's Reason For Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.