Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter (49317 Views)

The Working Woman & The Other Family. / Thread For Radiography Aspirant, Undergraduate And The Working Class / I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Waspy(m): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
They have a kitchen at work.. ..cool.

You can even have you meal in the dinning room (or any other place outside the kitchen) ......double cool
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Innodon(m): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
Baba must see this
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by PapaBrowne(m): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
A good majority of Nigerian University Graduates have a serious problem. There is this disgusting entitlement mentality they suffer, that not only prevents them from contributing their best to their organization, but makes them demand gratification for their degree instead of their input to the organization. That mentality that says "I'm a graduate so I ought to earn so so and so amount notwithstanding how I do my work".

I mean, a company is gives you the opportunity to have breakfast in the canteen or take a lunch break and you are here complaining. Or do they think the Chinese would produce all the goods they are selling globally if not for their positive work ethic??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by basty: 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
davide470:
1. They serve breakfast. Wow.

2. The work time for Non-Chinese is the same as Chinese.. Have you seen a Chinese Man working before. They work like machines.

3. They said its not allowed to have a meal in the kitchen at work times ~ meaning you can go out and have your 1hour break lunch or whatever, without staying above that time.

Is there suppose to be an issue because I ain't seeing any?

Good comment
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by MissTechy(f): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
davide470:

2. The work time for Non-Chinese is the same as Chinese.. Have you seen a Chinese Man working before. They work like machines.

3. They said its not allowed to have a meal in the kitchen at work times ~ meaning you can go out and have your 1hour break lunch or whatever, without staying above that time.

Nigerians were castigating the Non-chinese staff yesterday on Twitter. It became a big issue
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by crispberry(f): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
No issue
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Vanilla123: 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
I am a staff of Huawei and to be fair enough , I can conveniently say that Huawei work conditions are not as bad as they are being portrayed except maybe for outsourced staff. For me, the only issue is that of heavy work load and job insecurity.

2 Likes

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by free2ryhme: 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2015
Abbey2sam:
to me this a very good arrangement

There is no break time how is that a good arrangement
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
cry If only I were a worker in such company!!!!.
shocked.
embarassed
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by dominique(f): 9:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
I'm still looking for the issue in this. Considering the way those Chinese firms treat their Nigerian staff like slaves donkeys, this arrangement looks pretty ok to me.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by StepTwo: 9:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
d only issue i see here is "Huawei is a China phone"
mistechy
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by kaz: 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2015
That is rubbish
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
Will they bring NEPA ?
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by oyetunder(m): 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2015
sirTesco:
Just lost my uncle about few hours ago.
God rest his soul.
The life of the dead lives in the memories of the living.
I will always remember him for his meekness.
Sleep on Mr. Christopher Ojo.

Pls help pray for the happy repose of his soul.
. Sorry we share your feelings! But we would rather pray for the living! The dead does not need our prayers anymore.

2 Likes

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2015
MissTechy:
For those who are not aware, someone raised an issue on Twitter with regards to the working condition at Huawei, see the tweet pic below.

So I asked a friend who has been working there for some time now to verify these claims and she gave me a breakdown of what has been happening.

ISSUE ONE: THE OFFICIAL WORKING HOURS

According to her, Huawei held a survey where they made employees choose which working hours they'd prefer, the majority of Nigerians selected 8:00 am to 5 pm while the Chinese counterpart chose 8:30 to 5:30 pm. She claims Huawei did this to help deal with the traffic issues.

ISSUE TWO: DINING HOURS

Apparently, Huawei gives a 1-hour break in between work hours but some employees violate their break period hence the reason it was raised in the mail.

See a full mail addressed to all workers.

Now that we have heard the other side of the story, what do you think?

What exactly is your point ?

You want fried egg ?

7 Likes

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by OlufemiOAP(m): 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
philfrey08:
Endtime tins here biko
If you don't see beta something type just keep mute ..cos I don't see anything endtime here .

2 Likes

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by mondbest(m): 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
Walkopet:

see dem all^^, Dem no dey sleep

why you no sleep?
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by MissTechy(f): 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
Naughtysite:

What exactly is your point ?

You want fried egg ?

If you have been following twitter you'd know that this created an issue. Some people felt Huawei are being racist for not allowing Chinese staff resume with Non chinese staff. others felt Huawei wasn't giving them breaks. The picture looked wrong without me finding the info from a friend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by lonelydora: 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2015
Superb working conditions. Why the complain?

2 Likes

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
MissTechy:

If you have been following twitter you'd know that this created an issue. Some people felt Huawei are being racist for not allowing Chinese staff resume with Non chinese staff. others felt Huawei wasn't giving them breaks. The picture looked wrong without me finding the info from a friend

Alright thanks

Its friday, can we go out for drinks ?
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by mindtricks: 10:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
I choose to doubt this.

Such a seemingly plain communication and the content is not all there is to harsh working conditions in such typical companies in Nigeria.

If anything, this discourse must start with exposing/xraying in public all that is inhume in Huawei.

Sad as it sounds, right from times past, Huawei in Nigeria has been synonymous with inhumane working conditions, as is typical of comapnies owned by foreigners, thanks to the watchful eyes of our govt and labour orgs that expressly permit all kinds.

This said, it does not change fsct that there are other foreign companies that do their things differently, giving their staff lot more easy working conditions.

My humble take.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by stagger: 10:31pm On Dec 04, 2015
The fact is that the work ethic of a typical Chinese or Indian worker is very strong. We as Nigerians do not come close.

Secondly, ask any Chinese employer of labour in Africa. They are appalled at the number of religious breaks we take. They cannot understand why someone will be in church on Sunday, Midweek service on Wed, and prayer meeting another day, n or can they comprehend the 5 times daily prayer breaks by our muslim brothers. Yet the Nigerian economy stinks to the highest heavens of corruption, mismanagement and every kind of human vice. Imagine the owner of a news organization who is always doing one thanksgiving in church or another telling the world he received 2.1bn from the former NSA as media campaigns for PDP, as if the National Security Agency is now the PDP campaign organization. The Chinese cannot tolerate such and that is why they have Operation Fox Trot hunting fugitives of justice in more than 100 countries to the point where many are returning voluntarily to face justice.

And things are actually working in China. They produce 1,200,000 MW of electricity, (1.2 million MW), compared to Nigeria still struggling to cross the 4,500MW threshold since time immemorial.

That is why the Chinese employers of labour have had to draw up rules to stop the Nigerian employees corrupting their setup with our ways.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
Them no dey any breakfast. I left the company dis august
davide470:

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by osemeka: 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
bettercreature:
And what is the issue here?That signature tho

That might not be a signature. I think its just a name hidden by scribbling
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 04, 2015
Ask him of Adrian in airtel project. U will knw that our graduates are slave to this Chinese guys. I left huawei dis august.
iambabaG:
There seems 2 be no problem with such regulations..
My neighbor works there nd he says d place is very conducive. Even d Chinese guys r very down 2 earth.
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Ademolag(m): 10:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
hmmmmmmmmm.... GOD FORBID.......... visit pages77. to get served
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nothing wrong here.

The complaint was that some staff are still busy having breakfast in the lunch room after start of work. That is not ethical and would be frowned upon in any organization. Irrespective of where you come from.

4 Likes

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by Pidggin(f): 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
Good working condition if you ask me
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by DukeNija(m): 11:17pm On Dec 04, 2015
I know a lot about Huawei, I'm friends with the CTO who is Chinese. The company is a fantastic place to work
The Chinese workers work round the clock, Saturdays and Sundays included. I say this because I've been there on weekends and trust me, those guys work like machines.
I was very surprised but impressed at their level of commitment to work and the company.

Please Huawei is one of the best technology companies in this country.

1 Like

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by alberbo(m): 11:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
philfrey08:
Endtime tins here biko
how does this relate to the subject matter? Just sick!
Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by bigtt76(f): 11:31pm On Dec 04, 2015
The real issue here was the one sided story the initial post wanted us to believe undecided if den sack am now e go come here de wail like dem Wailers grin

davide470:

Re: The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter by bigtt76(f): 11:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
This is after you left. Things don change tongue

atarapa:
Them no dey any breakfast. I left the company dis august

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sacked Driver Clings To The Bonnet Of His Boss’ Moving Car (Photo, Video) / Young Boy Who Works As A Vulcanizer In Ibadan / Python Falls Through Ceiling Into Bank During Staff Meeting In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.