Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (69629 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2009
While Ibime continue to rant against JM,

RA bought Ballack and Shevy
Scolari bought Deco
Ancelloti will buy Pirlo and possibly swap Essien in the deal
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 4:09pm On Jun 01, 2009
somze:

While Ibime continue to rant against JM,

RA bought Ballack and Shevy
Scolari bought Deco
Ancelloti will buy Pirlo and possibly swap Essien in the deal

Stop being pernicious. . . . I rant against whomever I like whether thats JM, Scolari or Ancelotti. . . . JM bought Ferreira, SWP, Malouda, Del Hot etc. . . . .whats your point?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 4:15pm On Jun 01, 2009
None of those were 30, Malouda is now an incontrovertible success, Ferreira played his part and the others are debatable.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 5:05pm On Jun 01, 2009
somze:

None of those were 30, Malouda is now an incontrovertible success, Ferreira played his part and the others are debatable.

Please, I only talk about managers of Chelsea, not mercenaries like JM. . . . a man who threatens both InterMilan and Chelsea just one-year into his contract, unless they give him a pay-rise. . . . are those the actions of a man who has the future of the club at heart?. . . .

. . . if JM is a special one, then Guardiola must be the golden child  grin. . . . . whilst JM prefers to buy the Malouda's (who is not an incontrovertible success, not even close) and spurn the more skilful Ribery's, Chelsea's brand of football will always be reviled. . . .

JM can never be dear to me just like George Graham can never be dear to Arsenal fans who would prefer a trophyless Wenger to a winning Graham. . . . .JM laid no foundation for the club and built no legacy. . . . the only legacy he left is that skilful players will not want to come to Chelsea and fans of beautiful football will never follow Chelsea. . . . and of course, he left our ruptured relationship with UEFA and the football public in general. . . . Chelsea can never be a big club whilst we follow the JM philosophy. . . .

Great managers have built great football cultures. . . .Johann Cruyff invented Barcelona's current style of play. . . . he got it from Rinus Michel who transformed Ajax and Holland to their current identity. . . . AW has created a culture at Arsenal that young skilful players and Arsenal fans aspire to. . . . Arsene can leave today, and Arsenal will play the same way for the next 20 years. . . . SAF has created an identity at Man Utd which is attractive to any player or fan. . . . these are all great managers. . . .

What exactly has Jose left for Chelsea except burning through a few hundred million pounds for short term success? 

Why don't you call Guus Hiddink's name when comparing someone to JM? It is only useless Scolari that you juxtapose Jose against? . . . What did I tell you 18 months ago when you were blabbing about "since JM left, we have won nothing". . . . I said "if we have a manager like Guus Hiddink, you will forget about JM completely". . . . after that, you started hating on Guus Hiddink, coming here to tell us after Russia lost to Spain at the Euro's that "Guus Hiddink is nothing special"  grin grin grin

JM = Short term gain, long term pain!  grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by xploits777(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2009
Up Chelsky

Blues for life
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mykali(m): 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2009
Ancellotti?
New Chelsea Coach?
this sounds crazy to my ears?
well, we'll have to wait and see.

sad sad sad
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FOD(m): 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2009
lalaboi, this same everton edged man united out of the fa cup,u didn't win the champions league 'cos there is no mike riley,and howard webb as referees ok,the same barca we played and loss to on aggregate,bleeped u to give birth to twins,2-0,for them,shows ur league ojoro no reach champions league,in that match u were a disgrace to england, grin,thank God we played with the same team u played.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 6:54pm On Jun 01, 2009
@FOD
   No talk about Ojoro 4 man united again o, did they not win that saudi arabian club, and that osakazuna FC from Japan to win the World club cup  without ojoro grin and for chelseaFC  if Man united lose 10-0   please never compare chelsea with them because on record you guys are worlds apart. the present issue now is the signing of antichristAncellotti as your new coach. no fighting on this new thread or re you a slave trade? shocked
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by A40(m): 11:18pm On Jun 01, 2009
Essien for Pirlo Ancelotti must be puffing Reggie Miller!! he should please he should come and pickup Adebayor for 25milla while he is at it

Ancelotti's appointment only shows that RA is tired of local dominance he would trade the 2 EPL's 2 Fa Cups and 2 Carling Cups in a New York Minute for one Champions League title whether Ancelotti can do the job remains to be seen but one thing is for sure though Ancelotti does not exactly pay much premium to the league as his solitary Scudetto with Milan would attest so Chelski's league performances might suffer
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 2:26am On Jun 02, 2009
Ancelotti come and get your country man Luca Toni for 30million.

If you want Ribery it would be for 120million

Essien for Pirlo sounds nice, Seedorf for Lampard nko? grin grin grin grin grin grin Oddo for Bosingwa
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:08am On Jun 02, 2009
It might all still be rumours . . .
Agreed he wants to bring Xabi and Ribery . . .(at least according to his auto biography). . both I am happy with . .
The Pirlo thing we all still cannot confirm now.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 8:53am On Jun 02, 2009
JM remains Chelsea's best manager till date. . .take it or leave it.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by allboyz(m): 9:05am On Jun 02, 2009
FBS:

True . .

he brought competition to the EPL and he's also the reason for more foreign players into the EPL with BIG WASTED MONEY. .  .

I SEE HIM RETURNING MAYBE BY 2020 tongue tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 9:35am On Jun 02, 2009
allboyz:

True . .

he brought competition to the EPL and he's also the reason for more foreign players into the EPL with BIG WASTED MONEY. . .

I SEE HIM RETURNING MAYBE BY 2020 tongue tongue
say what you like but in any case I'm not in the mood to argue.
I'd take some time off if I were you. Your team is a disgrace. tongue
sorry arse of a club---Arse-anal. disgusting.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 9:55am On Jun 02, 2009
FBS:

Compared to who? Vialli and Gullit them?

Abeg Chelsea has changed, from 2003 onwards. Comparing to our past is no longer adequate. JM must be compared to whoever it is that our money can buy.

Besides, GH is our best manager to date, if only for 6 months.

JM is not a manager, he is merely a coach. A manager worries about the bottom-line, the future of the club and it's finances. Manager and coach no be the same thing! Someone tell me why Maicon and Ibrahimovic are angling for a move (ie requesting better pay) just one-year after signing new contracts. . . . .obviously, their manager has shown them that it's a free-for-all. . . . thats not a manager, thats a coach!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 10:26am On Jun 02, 2009
as said earlier, I'm just not in the mood to argue. To you JM is a coach but to me (and most of Chelsea lovers)  Chelsea's best Manager till date. . .no one as come close save GH. Take it or leave it.

Ibra won the Capocannoniere for the first time since his arrival in Italy under JM. That could be the reason he asked for a rise in pay grin. And was it not the same Ibra who left Juve after the scandal or is this the first time you see players moving out even after signing new contracts? abeg make we hear word.

other stories:

Ancelotti wants to keep Drogba at Chelsea

Carlo Ancelotti wants to keep Didier Drogba at Chelsea.
http://www.tribalfootball.com/ancelotti-wants-keep-drogba-chelsea-248179

CARLO ANCELOTTI wants Brazilian Alexandre Pato and ex-Chelsea defender Glen Johnson to kick-start his Blue revolution.

SunSport can reveal Ancelotti, 49, has already offered his old club AC Milan Ј30m for 19-year-old striker Pato.
And the new boss also gave Chelsea the nod to offer Portsmouth Ј12m for Johnson - ironically the first player Blues owner Roman Abramovich bought when he took over.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2459995/Get-me-Pato-and-Johnson.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 10:53am On Jun 02, 2009
Ibime,

As usual you are long on words and short on understanding grin

1. Achievements are measured by trophies, nothing more nothing less. Not by players, or style or even profits . . . dude football is all about winning PERIOD!!! For example Arsenal has been profitable the last few seasons but short on trophies and hence unsuccessful.

2. I have always supported and respected Guus.

3. JM left us the team we have today including the defense, mentality, determination and spirit.

4. Why are you head over heels about JM's pay package sef? Na you dey pay am? See me see trouble o. Sharrap dia jare. grin How much did Guus earn in his short stint. You JM hater grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 10:57am On Jun 02, 2009
FBS:

other stories:
CARLO ANCELOTTI wants Brazilian Alexandre Pato and ex-Chelsea defender Glen Johnson to kick-start his Blue revolution.

SunSport can reveal Ancelotti, 49, has already offered his old club AC Milan Ј30m for 19-year-old striker Pato.
And the new boss also gave Chelsea the nod to offer Portsmouth Ј12m for Johnson - ironically the first player Blues owner Roman Abramovich bought when he took over.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2459995/Get-me-Pato-and-Johnson.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

They've started their lies already . . .

Why will we buy Glen again?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 10:59am On Jun 02, 2009
@Somze, I no know oh. . . grin

As regards JM, you couldn't have said it any better. Thanks. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 11:01am On Jun 02, 2009
somze:

Ibime,

As usual you are long on words and short on understanding grin

1. Achievements are measured by trophies, nothing more nothing less. Not by players, or style or even profits . . . dude football is all about winning PERIOD!!! For example Arsenal has been profitable the last few seasons but short on trophies and hence unsuccessful.

2. I have always supported and respected Guus.

3. JM left us the team we have today including the defense, mentality, determination and spirit.

4. Why are you head over heels about JM's pay package sef? Na you dey pay am? See me see trouble o. Sharrap dia jare. grin How much did Guus earn in his short stint. You JM hater grin

grin grin grin Jose's style of victory is a pyrrhic victory. . . . we win the battle but lose the long-term war. . . . trust me!. . . . it's not worth it. . .

The legacy AW is building at Arsenal will win them things in the future, even without spending any money. . . . Jose's style is not self-sustaining, it's too capital-intensive; with a high turnover of players. . . . Jose signs player, doesn't like him, eats his confidence, sells him the next season, then demands more money from RA to propagate success. . . . can Jose survive on £5m net spend a year like Arsene Wenger?. . . . 20 years from now, players will want to come to Arsenal because they respect the football. . . . if Chelsea & Arsenal both bid for a skilful player, the player would choose Arsenal, all things being equal (wages etc). . . . its the same with Barca and Madrid. . . . Barca is self-sustaining, Madrid have to sell their training ground just to compete, like Florentino Perez did in the Galacticos era. . . . . I am just reminded of Ronaldinho's words when RA wanted to sign him in 2005. . . . he said "I can never go to a club that play that kind of football". . . . forget it!

BTW, you did diss GH! Don't make pull up the archives on you!  grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 11:03am On Jun 02, 2009
That was a mere comment after he lost out to Germany. What happened to freedom of speech? grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 11:08am On Jun 02, 2009
@Ibime, were you not the same person who said give me a win (any form of win) over sexy brand of football when LFS was doing the Rumba with Chelsea?
I don't get it. What is your obsession with JM. Isn't that in the past? Na wa ooo

The Arses are loosing both the battle and the war. The only thing in stock for them is 4th place even in 400 years. cool grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2009
Ribery, Villa, Pirlo ,  is Chelsea set to dominate the EPL and Europe?
http://www.tribalfootball.com/ribery-villa-pirlo-ancelottis-potential-super-team-shaping-best-epl-248140
Cant we go for Aguero, Geovinco/Pato & Ribery? Those guys are lethal and fast.
With these loads of players, how is the manager going to keep players happy?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 11:34am On Jun 02, 2009
FBS:

@Ibime, were you not the same person who said give me a win (any form of win) over sexy brand of football when LFS was doing the Rumba with Chelsea?

My problem with LFS was his attitude to training and the fact that he tried to change the style of play too quickly, causing problems as the players were not used to it. . . . we must have a slow change, not by force. . . . use our resources wisely and then make sure the next generation of stars are of the skilful variety. . . .

Allow me a long lecture. . . .  grin grin grin

Question:

If Jose was Arsene Wenger, what would he do to Kieran Gibbs after Gibbs slip-up against Man Utd in the UCL?. . . . he would bench him, then sell him later. . . . . I know because he did the same to Glen Johnson and Lassana Diarra. . . . Glen made a few mistakes, was shipped off to Portsmouth, came back, made one more mistake and was sold for £3m. . . . Lassana Diarra made a mistake playing at right-back against Valencia in UCL quarter-final, and was benched for the rest of the season, leading him to leave in search of first team football. . . . now both GJ and LD are highly-prized assets. . . . as Kieran Gibbs will become!. . . . .success must come naturally, no be by force. . .

Q: What do all these players have in common: Ruben De La Red, Alvaro Negredo, Juan Mata, Esteban Granero, Javi Garcia, Alvaro Arbeloa, ?

They are all products of Real Madrid's cantera who at one point or other were sold to other clubs under Florentino Perez because the club didn't have patience with them. Now almost all of these are Spanish Internationals, Madrid had to buy back Javi Garcia and De La Red and are interested in buying back Negredo and Mata this summer. They are victims of the 'win-at-all-cost' mentality. . . . . IMO Madrid's cantera is better than Barcelona's cantera, yet we see players like Bojan, Busquets, Pablo et al being given a chance at Barca. . . . do you think Bojan would not have been sold if he was at Real Madrid?

This is the same reason why all of us want to see Di Santo, Mancienne, Stoch et al given a chance. . . . it is pertinent to note that GH gave Mancienne a few minutes here and there even when Alex and Ivanovic were fit. . . . . GH is thinking about the future!. . . . Do you think Fletcher deserves to still be at Man Utd given his performances in previous years?. . . . what are Wellbeck, Possibon, Rafael, Fabio, Macheda, Ben Amos, Darron Gibson etc doing in a squad as packed (and competitive) as Man Utd. . . . . can we see that at Chelsea? . . . . when the team's focus is on attack, it is easy to blend young players. . . . when the focus is on defence, there is no space for young players as any mistake can be fatal when you are dealing with one-goal margins. . . . for the same reason, Benitez has not produced one youth player in 5 years at Liverpool. . . . cos his focus is on defence, not attack. . . . . again, success no be by force, it must come naturally. . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 12:41pm On Jun 02, 2009
I laugh. . .honestly. You gast to be naive or just pretending.  wink

1. True we want to see young faces in our line up but again there is a big risk involved. We dont want to end up like Arse-anal. Best is to mix things up but that time will come. It can't happen just like that.

2. JM gave young players some playing time but you and I know that he had a special assignment. He couldn't afford the luxury of experimenting.
AW- could experiment (and still experimenting but time is running out and everyone is screaming for him to buy players) yet he knows his major assignment was to balance the books after building stadium. Or you think he is simply stingy? Pray tell me who is going to buy Gibbs for 5 million naira grin?(no offence to the guy).
SAF- what can I say. he calls the shots and he is Mr Manchester United himself.

2. Davide Santone is a first team player for Inter. How old is he? 18.! JM does believe in young talents but you CANNOT build your team on young guns alone. Remember Barca won nada for the last 2 seasons and you cannot really say they are all "young"

3. Arse-anal even with their "projects" has won nada in almost 5 seasons.

True success comes naturally but spicing things up does no harm. Ask yourself, where is LFS? Why is he not the Chelsea coach/manager. We probably should have allowed things to happen "naturally".
Blimey!!! Team spirit and performance was on a decline and situation demanded urgent surgery thus GH came in and he didn't come in for free.

If LFS had remained (and going by your natural success theory), can you guess how Chelsea would have ended the campaign?

PS: The same LD is now playing for RM. Why did he leave PM?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2009
FBS:

I laugh. . .honestly. You gast to be naive or just pretending.  wink

1. True we want to see young faces in our line up but again there is a big risk involved. We dont want to end up like Arse-anal. Best is to mix things up but that time will come. It can't happen just like that.

2. JM gave young players some playing time but you and I know that he had a special assignment. He couldn't afford the luxury of experimenting.
AW- could experiment (and still experimenting but time is running out and everyone is screaming for him to buy players) yet he knows his major assignment was to balance the books after building stadium. Or you think he is simply stingy? Pray tell me who is going to buy Gibbs for 5 million naira grin?(no offence to the guy).
SAF- what can I say. he calls the shots and he is Mr Manchester United himself.

2. Davide Santone is a first team player for Inter. How old is he? 18.! JM does believe in young talents but you CANNOT build your team on young guns alone. Remember Barca won nada for the last 2 seasons and you cannot really say they are all "young"

3. Arse-anal even with their "projects" has won nada in almost 5 seasons.

True success comes naturally but spicing things up does no harm. Ask yourself, where is LFS? Why is he not the Chelsea coach/manager. We probably should have allowed things to happen "naturally".
Blimey!!! Team spirit and performance was on a decline and situation demanded urgent surgery thus GH came in and he didn't come in for free.

If LFS had remained (and going by your natural success theory), can you guess how Chelsea would have ended the campaign?

PS: The same LD is now playing for RM. Why did he leave PM?

A wise man should be able to read the signs of the times. . . .

Arsene is not failing because of youth policy per se, but because of change in style of play from a physical counter-attacking team, to a team that passes to the edge of the box a la Barcelona style. . .

Arsene has had success whilst blending youngsters into the team i.e Ashley Cole, Aliardiere, Luis Boa Morte, Ljungberg, Anelka, Eboue, Senderos, Clichy, Toure. . . . . and some would would argue a 20-year old Vieira etc.  . . . .therefore his current lack of success cannot be blamed on blending youngsters. . . . again, Wengers failure is simply down to[b] change in style of play[/b], coupled with some lack of defensive nous. . . . he inherited a strong defence from George Graham and has never been adept at buying defenders or knowing what to look for in a defender. .  . . .

And what can be said about SAF?

I knew you were gonna bring up Santon so I should have pre-empted it. . . . Santon is an exception to the rule. . . . . how about Acquafresca, one of the brightest young strikers in Italy who JM has mortgaged out to Genoa in pursuit of 29-year-old Diego Milito. . . . . Santon was a hit and miss. . . JM was not happy with Maxwell's performances and put Santos in as there was a lack of cover. . . . . Santon proved himself straightaway and is of a grown-man mentality which Jose likes. . . . Jose has not had to nurture Santon at all as Santon came ready. . . .

How about JM's treatment of Balotelli. . . . . now Balotelli is coming good, with Adriano out of the picture, but as of January, JM was almost ready to sell Balotelli stating that he cannot say that Balotelli has quality. . . .

Also, what is the difference between Gibbs debut season and Clichy and Ashley Cole's, barring the slip against Man Utd?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Meldrick(m): 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2009
Champions league is my next target.

BLUES FOR LIFE
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2009
Ibime:

A wise man should be able to read the signs of the times. . . .

Arsene is not failing because of youth policy per se, but because of change in style of play from a physical counter-attacking team, to a team that passes to the edge of the box a la Barcelona style. . .

Arsene has had success whilst blending youngsters into the team i.e Ashley Cole, Aliardiere, Luis Boa Morte, Ljungberg, Anelka, Eboue, Senderos, Clichy, Toure. . . . . and some would would argue a 20-year old Vieira etc.  . . . .therefore his current lack of success cannot be blamed on blending youngsters. . . . again, Wengers failure is simply down to[b] change in style of play[/b], coupled with some lack of defensive nous. . . . he inherited a strong defence from George Graham and has never been adept at buying defenders or knowing what to look for in a defender. .  . . .

I'm sure you didn't insult me. grin

But one a more serious note, you got to be kidding me. Did you say AW problem was change in style? Arsenal has been playing the same brand of pass-the-ball-till-you-peme type of football. grin Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt and other teams have simply come to understand how to stop them.
Would you say Italy play sexy football? But they have won the world cup, how many times? 4!!! second only to Brazil. Victories. That is where the success lies.

Where is Luis Boa Morte et all today? Eboue? I'm pretty certain half of the gunners hate his guts.

See, the moment the big GUNS left, everything fell apart. Call it bubble bust. Kids cannot win you trophy. They provide the platform for the long run IF properly managed but you cannot use "kids" as your first 11. No, it will not work. Not in today's football.

I knew you were gonna bring up Santon so I should have pre-empted it. . . . Santon is an exception to the rule. . . . . how about Acquafresca, one of the brightest young strikers in Italy who JM has mortgaged out to Genoa in pursuit of 29-year-old Diego Milito. . . . . Santon was a hit and miss. . . JM was not happy with Maxwell's performances and put Santos in as there was a lack of cover. . . . . Santon proved himself straightaway and is of a grown-man mentality which Jose likes. . . . Jose has not had to nurture Santon at all as Santon came ready. . . .

How about JM's treatment of Balotelli. . . . . now Balotelli is coming good, with Adriano out of the picture, but as of January, JM was almost ready to sell Balotelli stating that he cannot say that Balotelli has quality. . . .

Also, what is the difference between Gibbs debut season and Clichy and Ashley Cole's, barring the slip against Man Utd?
I would have accepted your points if you were able to give credits to whom and when due. But instead you always look for a way out. Santon all of a sudden is an exception to the rule.
Tell me, how many times did Di-Santo, Stoch and MM play combined together under GH or LFS? You can actually count the number of minutes on one hand grin Reason is simple, not all managers/coaches are willing to take the risk.

The key element here is mentality and that is what JM is after. Maybe he is not the skillfull-hunting type of manager (who can blame him. . .he was a half baked goal keeper grin ) but his mentality you cannot fault. No strange he demands same from his players and Santon was right on target.

Balloteli was having a big head just because he had the talent. JM has no time for big egos. He is the damn manager and presiding authority.
Balloteli started playing even before Adriano left and he got his reward for being level headed banging in fantastic goal. Most thanks to the manager.

The Chelsea of today came about as a result of JM's ability to bring about this never-say-die attitude we all talk about.
If you have any complaints, check our trophy room and tell me if it was like that some 50+ odd years ago.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2009
guus 4 lyfe

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2009
FBS:

(1.) But one a more serious note, you got to be kidding me. Did you say AW problem was change in style? Arsenal has been playing the same brand of pass-the-ball-till-you-peme type of football. grin Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt and other teams have simply come to understand how to stop them.

(2.) Would you say Italy play sexy football? But they have won the world cup, how many times? 4!!! second only to Brazil. Victories. That is where the success lies.

(3.) Where is Luis Boa Morte et all today? Eboue? I'm pretty certain half of the gunners hate his guts.

(4.) See, the moment the big GUNS left, everything fell apart. Call it bubble bust. Kids cannot win you trophy. They provide the platform for the long run IF properly managed but you cannot use "kids" as your first 11. No, it will not work. Not in today's football.

(5.) Tell me, how many times did Di-Santo, Stoch and MM play combined together under GH or LFS? You can actually count the number of minutes on one hand grin Reason is simple, not all managers/coaches are willing to take the risk.

(6.) The key element here is mentality and that is what JM is after. Maybe he is not the skillfull-hunting type of manager (who can blame him. . .he was a half baked goal keeper grin ) but his mentality you cannot fault. No strange he demands same from his players and Santon was right on target.

(7.) The Chelsea of today came about as a result of JM's ability to bring about this never-say-die attitude we all talk about.
If you have any complaints, check our trophy room and tell me if it was like that some 50+ odd years ago.

(1.) Don't be silly! Even Debosky has stressed this point in the past. Arsene changed the Gunners style of play when Cesc Fabregas arrived. Before 2005, it was a counter-attacking style with Vieira, Ljungberg and Pires breaking from box to box in 3 seconds flat. Again, a wise man should be able to tell the changing times  grin

(2.) Italy is not a club side and there is nothing to be nurtured. Players meet up for one-day a month and you do whatever is necessary to win games. . . . . . do you find Juventus attractive?. . . . instead of turning to Barca, Man Utd et al, Jose turned us into Juventus. . . . nay, he turned us into Greece of Euro 2004 fame, because however dour Juventus football is, they have always had a trequarista, be that Del Piero, Baggio etc. . . . can Juventus ever have a massive fan base in the world?

(3.) It doesn't matter where Boa-Morte is today. When you give youngsters a chance, some will pass and some won't. . . . for every Boa-Morte, Kabba Diawara and Aliardiere, read Vieira, Ljungberg, Anelka, Ashley Cole, Kolo Toure and all the other youngsters who were a success!

(4.) Arsenal did not start losing the moment the big guns left. Henry was there till 2007, Pires till 2006, Vieira till 2005. Arsenal stopped winning when Arsene changed the style of play, not because of departures. . . . from going from a team that counteraattacks swiftly, Arsenal started passing the ball too much and too predictably. . . . it's only natural.

(5.) The fact is that Stoch and MM got more chances than any youngster ever did under JM, with the exception of Lass and GJ who were bought already having experience. Mancienne played a couple of games at right-back and was even brought on as substitute in midfield. Lemme ask you something. . . . . have you heard of Mbark Boussafa?. . . . . he is the best player in Belgium and Marseille wanna sign him for £10m. . . . that was one of the youngsters we let go under the JM era. . . .

(6.) JM brought a winning mentality to the club, agreed. . . . shame it is a Juventus mentality and not a Barcelona mentality. . . . if you spend £200m on players, you better bring some mentality. . . . infact, I expect those players to be able to win even without mentality. . . . their skill should be good enough if you spent £200m on them. . . . . . for every Essien and Drogba, I think of all the players he turned down the chance to sign. . . . Ribery's, Torres and such. . . . whilst Essien and Drogba have performed, our present could be a lot more attractive considering the expenditure. . . . . sorry mate, JM fails the Cost-Benefit Analysis test!. . . .

(7.) The Chelsea of today have won nothing since JM left. . . . whilst they still have the never-say-die mentality, they are woefully short on skill. .  . . . infact, since Gudjohnsen, Robben and Duff left, they have been woefully short on skill. . . . even JM failed to win the prem after the aforementioned players left. . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2009
Arsenal's style of play has definitely changed.

In 1999 - 2005, Arsenal would pass 4 or 5 times from defence till BANG!! The ball was in the net. It was power play by intelligent players - Vieira intercepts in midfield, drives forward, passes to Pires who beats one player and releases an intelligent pass to Henry who smacks it one time into the net. Seaman saves, rolls it to Ashley Cole who tears upfield, releases Ljunberg, who pulls back for Vieira arriving late into the box. . .

Pacy, strong, intelligent players - Henry, Ljunberg, Vieira, Pires, Wiltord and even Reyes. Before them, Wright, Anelka, Overmars.

Due to development of a new stadium (allowing more expansive football) and a loss of the majority of these players, Wenger had to recreate his style of play. Cesc the pass master really didn't have the Pires' and Ljunbergs of this world to release suddenly, neither did he have a Vieira alongside to drive into the heart of the opposition. With those changes, AW starts going for possession kings - Hleb, Nasri, Denilson, to play alongside Fab4, while he builds and has enough cash to bring in the ultimate players around his jewel.

What has not changed is Arsene's focus on ATTACKING football and technically gifted players - his sides will always go forward and try to score, even if 3-0 up. The TECHNIQUE for executing this attacking philosophy, however, has changed. It's only in VERY FEW moments (involving Walcott) have we scored any goals recently resembling the old era.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 4:06pm On Jun 02, 2009
@Ibime

Are you trying to disfigure JM's image in the heart of all chelsea fans?

i dont get, i see nothing in what he has done or still doing, at least hes a winner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

UEFA Changed The Formation Of Their Team Of The Year To Accommodate Ronaldo. / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.