Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (69862 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mykali(m): 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2009
jalether:

chelsea bid £45 million for Kun Aguero and £40 million for pato

now i like the sound of that, check mate smiley

i hope there's some truth to that
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2009
na wa ooo, . .do these players play with 4 legs?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mykali(m): 7:43pm On Jun 10, 2009
maybe. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2009
While I def will not subscribe to a £40m bid for Pato. . . £30m max, £35m for Aguero will be a fair value because of the buy-out clause in his contract.
Whichever way it turns out . . we can't go wrong buying those two. . .

And I have this strange feeling we might get them both. . .

@FBS

These players have 4 legs . . . trust me!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by lalaboi(m): 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2009
Some guyz here seem not to know the difference between euros and pounds lol. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2009
Buy Pato and Aguero? Impossicant. grin

Unless Roman is going to sell DD and one more player, he can't in his right senses pay that kind of money to buy those two guys.

You guys better manage Ade for 25m and relax. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2009
nateevs:

@FBS

These players have 4 legs . . . trust me!
@nateevs,
they bloody don't. these prices are way crazy much and mind you, they don't always deliver. Why I no take football serious?

Meanwhile England is currently mauling Andorra and mehn, I really feel for them. Imagine some of their players are travel agents by profession. cool
Naija guys should relocate to Andorra and help out with the team at least.  smiley

Hey, nobody bends it like Beckham. He still got it.  cool wink cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2009
I really have no idea why chelsea is pulling out that much cash for these guys.

I dont have a good feeling abt it at all
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2009
@Lalaboi

Hope you don't think I am talking about Euros ?
I am talking pounds mate. . . .

@Debo

By selling Drogba to finance those signings-on . . . You mean Roman can't pay for them ?
Or Roman in his right senses should not keep Drog, Aguero and Pato in the same team . . .  ?

I don't gerrit. .

Again. .  who is Adebayor?  undecided undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2009
Please Adebayor should remain with the arses. . . They are stuck with him please grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 10:37pm On Jun 10, 2009
@FBS

The fact that we forked out £30m for a wasted poppycock in the past doesn't mean we should never pay big money for a player when we see one.
ManU paid £30m for Rooney 4 seasons ago. . . . 4 years ago. .
I don't object to paying £30m for a good striker especially when Pato is 19 and Aguero is 21. . . . actually that's the main reason I support it

We can get a good 10 years of top class service from the lads if they click. Milan bought Pato for £17m 3 years ago. . So paying £30m for a young talented striker who has scored 26 goals in 59 appearances in a top European team is not too much money. . .

Should I talk about Aguero. . . . ? I watch this bloke every other weekend . . . Class!

It's about balance. . . We should know just when to pay a few millions for Kakuta, £8m for Ivanovic, £3.4m for DiSanto, Sturridge for free, Ballack for free . . . and we should know just when to fork out the millions for world class when we can. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Krayola(m): 5:30am On Jun 11, 2009
Drogba isn't worth a lot of money IMO. 15 mil euros max.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 5:32am On Jun 11, 2009
shut up, no one is selling him,,

I'm tired of all this Pirlo stories,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 5:43am On Jun 11, 2009
Pirlo and Maicon consider Milan futures

AC Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo and Inter Milan defender Maicon have raised doubts about their Serie A futures following Kaka's departure for Real Madrid.

The Brazil playmaker left Milan on Monday, prompting protests from Rossoneri fans, while Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is hoping to join Barcelona.

The loss of possibly the two best players in Italy would be a huge blow for the struggling league, which has slipped well behind Spain and England in terms of appeal and financial clout.

Now Pirlo, who has been linked in the media with former Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti at Chelsea, has expressed doubts.

"We have taken Kaka's exit badly," he told reporters with the Italy team at the Confederations Cup in South Africa.

"We'll see if I leave. For now, no, but looking ahead we will see."

Maicon, among Serie A's best players, is even more unhappy.

"For three years Inter have treated me with indifference, maybe because they are worried about keeping Ibrahimovic happy," the Brazilian told Wednesday's Gazzetta dello Sport. "I'm searching for joy, at Inter or another club."

Milan striker Alexandre Pato has said he is considering his future but club bosses have said there would be no more big departures with the focus shifting to a replacement for Kaka.

Chief executive Adriano Galliani has said Wolfsburg's Edin Dzeko is a target and the Bosnian seems keen to move from the German champions.

"It is still not done but I hope so. The Rossoneri, along with Real Madrid, are the essence of soccer," he told reporters.

Everybody wan leave , na wa ooo
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 8:28am On Jun 11, 2009
nateevs:

We can get a good 10 years of top class service from the lads if they click. Milan bought Pato for £17m 3 years ago. . So paying £30m for a young talented striker who has scored 26 goals in 59 appearances in a top European team is not too much money. . .   
@Nateevs, I understand and must say you have valid points but what if they don't click?
no doubt Aguero is good, same as Pato, then add Geovinco to that list. The 3 are fantastic and very young but what will happen to our own very young lads (Di-Santo, G Kakuta). Are they going to be loaned out?

And then, when we start winning and eventually win the EPL, some mumus will start shouting it was bought with RA's money. You know what I mean?

Then that nonsense boy, Ibime will come and start shouting about fiscal management shait. grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 9:40am On Jun 11, 2009
FBS:

@Nateevs, I understand and must say you have valid points but what if they don't click?

This is the most pertinent question regarding these two signings. . . . whilst I am all in favour of signing Pato, I am not so enthused by the prospect of Aguero. . . .whilst Pato can play either side of a 3 man forward-line or in the hole, Aguero can only play as the point man. . . .because of his size, he is also unable to play as a lone-striker, so that forces the team to adopt a 4-4-2 at all times. . . . . 4-4-2 is not Chelsea's system and we don't have the midfielders to play that. . . our wingers are all 4-3-3 wingers (except Malouda) and lack the tactical acumen to play a 4-4-2. . . . also, that would blunt Frank Lampards late runs into the box as he would have more defensive responsibilities. . . besides, it is a fact that Drogba would not click with Aguero. . . 2 different styles of play. . .

I also have to cast aspersions on the ability of Aguero to thrive in a non-Latin country. . . . some would recall how he struggled in his first season at Atletico, after setting the Apertura on fire with Independiente. . .whilst Spain is a latin country, my previous point forebodes of adaptation problems, as he struggled initially after making the small jump from Argentina to Spain, much less Spain to England. . . . Aguero's style of play is driven by the latin fire and passion. . . he is so hopelessly latin that I doubt he could survive in Northern Europe. . . . I also question the mental fortitude of anyone so closely linked with Maradona. . . Ariel Ortega, Claudio Cannigia and Juan Veron should serve as a warning. . . . the risk is just too great. . . what if Maradona's daughter no come like London? . . . this is a strong possibilty. . .  no, Aguero was born to play in Latin countries. . . thats his style of play and everything about him tells me he is not suited for England.

FBS:

Then that nonsense boy, Ibime will come and start shouting about fiscal management shait. grin grin

Shaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 9:47am On Jun 11, 2009
nateevs:

@Debo

By selling Drogba to finance those signings-on . . . You mean Roman can't pay for them ?
Or Roman in his right senses should not keep Drog, Aguero and Pato in the same team . . .  ?
Roman can sell DD, but he won't. Pato, Aguero and DD cannot play together - styles of play are too different.

Again. .  who is Adebayor?  undecided undecided

Adebayor is Ancelotti's dream player. He is plotting to bring him to Stamford Bridge as we speak. grin

@ Ibime

This player is 21 for crying out loud - there is absolutely NOTHING that says he can't play in Northern Europe. Apart from the potential for drama from the Maradona link, I don't see a problem with the lad's character/personality. He has excelled in Europe, even if he struggled in his first season (how many players don't?). To say a 21 year old can ONLY play in one position is a fallacy - he can adapt if necessary.

Messi was previously only good on the wing, but with Pep's coaching he's improved when playing centrally as well.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 9:54am On Jun 11, 2009
debosky:

* This player is 21 for crying out loud - there is absolutely NOTHING that says he can't play in Northern Europe. Apart from the potential for drama from the Maradona link, I don't see a problem with the lad's character/personality. He has excelled in Europe, even if he struggled in his first season (how many players don't?).

* To say a 21 year old can ONLY play in one position is a fallacy - he can adapt if necessary. Messi was previously only good on the wing, but with Pep's coaching he's improved when playing centrally as well.

* Please, let those who've been following the kid speak on such matters. . . . we all know the kid is skillful and bla bla bla. . . . but if you have followed the kid like I have, you wouldn't make such predictions with confidence. . . . this could be another Hernan Crespo situation. . . . there is a high possibility that Aguero would be ill-adapted to the rigours of living in England for the reasons I have stated and because of his lifestyle. . . it doesn't matter about his age. . .

* Players are bought for their position. . . . I am not willing to see my club spend £40m on a player on the off-chance that he might adapt to another position. . . the fact is that absorbing Aguero in the team right now would require serious structural changes to the way the team plays and possibly changes to personnell in order to find the right players that would be able to click with him. . . . it could be another Deco situation all over again. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 10:16am On Jun 11, 2009
Ibime:

* Please, let those who've been following the kid speak on such matters. . . . we all know the kid is skillful and bla bla bla. . . . but if you have followed the kid like I have, you wouldn't make such predictions with confidence. . . . this could be another Hernan Crespo situation. . . . there is a high possibility that Aguero would be ill-adapted to the rigours of living in England for the reasons I have stated and because of his lifestyle. . . it doesn't matter about his age. . .

Care to share more about this 'lifestyle'? Did Torres not play for the same team and excel wonderfully in England (note many at the time also doubted if he would be successful for Liverpool - he wasn't quite as prolific as Aguero if I remember correctly).

There is always potential not to get well adapted. But apart from vague references to 'latin passion' you haven't stated anything concrete.

* Players are bought for their position. . . . I am not willing to see my club spend £40m on a player on the off-chance that he might adapt to another position. . . the fact is that absorbing Aguero in the team right now would require serious structural changes to the way the team plays and possibly changes to personnell in order to find the right players that would be able to click with him. . . . it could be another Deco situation all over again. . .

You might have a point - Chelski need to decide how they would integrate him if he was purchased. That said, I don't think there is any 'fact' regarding structural changes - it is all relative. Till the coach sees him in pre-season and sees how he can integrate the side, you are making speculation. No one has yet seen what formation Ancelotti will even apply to start with, so in essence, the manager's viewpoint on how he wants to set out his stall will ultimately decide how useful/needed a player like Aguero would be to Chelski.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 10:19am On Jun 11, 2009
@Ibime, you are telling your senior brother shaarapp? you have no bleeding respect.  cool grin grin

@all,
me just don't buy this idea of spending crazy amounts on players. really. We have passed through this before while in some cases it did work (JM) and sometimes Chelsea didnt just get it right. In any case, I want to see young lads from our Reserves/Academy get more playing time. With the arrival of the aforementioned (Pato, Kun et all), their chances will be more than limited. Does chelsea really have to spend this much when we have talents waiting to be nurtured?

Ibime, tell them about fiscal management.  tongue grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 10:44am On Jun 11, 2009
@ Debo,

Kun is a well known party boy and El poyo loco. . . . I can recall how many times he openly criticised Javire Aguirre's tactics this season. . . . it is practically unheard of for a player to criticise a sitting manager. . . . which is a no-no in my book. . . . these traits of delusions of grandeur were further emphasised in an interview he gave recently comparing himself to Messi and Ronaldo. . . . respondents to the interview curtly told him to concentrate on usurping Diego Forlan as the best player at Atletico before worrying about his position on the world stage. . . his courtship of Maradona's daughter also raised some questions in my mind and in the mind of many others. . . . taking care not to question the validity of the relationship, many pundits still murmured that Aguero has some dynastic tendencies. . . . . of course, none of these fears can be substantiated, but it is enough to make one wary of such a player. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 10:57am On Jun 11, 2009
Ibime:

@ Debo,

Kun is a well known party boy and El poyo loco. . . . I can recall how many times he openly criticised Javire Aguirre's tactics this season. . . . it is practically unheard of for a player to criticise a sitting manager. . . . which is a no-no in my book. . . . these traits of delusions of grandeur were further emphasised in an interview he gave recently comparing himself to Messi and Ronaldo. . . . respondents to the interview curtly told him to concentrate on usurping Diego Forlan as the best player at Atletico before worrying about his position on the world stage. . . his courtship of Maradona's daughter also raised some questions in my mind and in the mind of many others. . . . taking care not to question the validity of the relationship, many pundits still murmured that Aguero has some dynastic tendencies. . . . . of course, none of these fears can be substantiated, but it is enough to make one wary of such a player. . . 

Fair enough he criticised his manager, but it's not as unheard of as you think - Arshavin has done it, Ronaldo subtly did it for the CL finals amongst others.

He is free to compare himself to Messi and Ronaldo - it shows the boy has desire and ambition. Courting Maradona's daughter? I don't know about this one - unless she is an ugly hag, I see no reason why he can't court her without aspersions cast. He is talented without a doubt, so he doesn't need to be Diego's son in law to get signed by big clubs. Dynastic tendencies? Depends on your viewpoint really - a player desiring to be the best ever in the line of Maradona is admirable to me - Diego won world cups, what is wrong in aspiring to be in that line?

Ok he's a party animal, at 21 such behaviour can be curbed if necessary - besides Ronaldo still had his LovePeddler romps and won world footballer of the year. grin

Unless the coach at Chelski lacks the personality to deal with such characters, I would not be worried - for all of Ronaldo's prima donna behaviour, his excesses were trimmed and he was turned into a gladiator beating all comers by fergie. It's down to Chelski to get the best out of him, if they sign him that is.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2009
debosky:

Fair enough he criticised his manager, but it's not as unheard of as you think - Arshavin has done it, Ronaldo subtly did it for the CL finals amongst others.

* Which is one of the resons why Ronaldo is being sold. . . . I believe that was the tipping point for Fergie. . .

* Arshavin has never criticised Wenger. . . .he just complained about his position on the pitch, something Anelka did in the CL final last year, and which players do all the time. . . . that is a darn sight different to saying something to the effect of "We lost the game because the tactics and the way we were set-up was wrong". . . . all managers would resent the implication, as SAF surely did when Ronaldo said what he said. . . ditto Aguirre and Aguero. . . it is completely disrespectful and selfish to say such things openly. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2009
Arshavin has criticised Wenger, maybe y'all just didn't hear about it. Wenger wanted to try one of those hopeless formations he used close to the end of the season and Arshavin responded 'that is crazy and won't work'. grin Needless to say, the other players were speechless that someone had the guts to confront Le Prof. grin

Just being facetious, I know it's not the same as what Aguero did.

In all seriousness though, that would not be a reason for Chelski not to sign him - DD has done atrocious things and remains at the club, so I think Aguero's outbursts are not so much an issue. Besides, he will be a big fish in a humongous pond at Chelski unlike the case at Athletico so he'll likely button that lip of his.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by allboyz(m): 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2009
Shey Ancelotti never resume office?

make him come take OTUBAYOR - just for 25M - clean baby . . . tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2009
allboyz:

Shey Ancelotti never resume office?

make him come take OTUBAYOR - just for 25M - clean baby . . . tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

ONLY 25m, we can even throw in Diaby with the deal. grin grin grin

Just a little something to spice up the Chavski thread : Drogba Launches Rap Album grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by allboyz(m): 1:49pm On Jun 11, 2009
Diaby? i had forgotten that he is an Arsenal player sef . . . we should even add Silvestre to the deal . . .

Seriously now . . . @CHAVS . . when will this una coach resume office?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2009
allboyz:

Seriously now . . . @CHAVS . . when will this una coach resume office?

In the spirit of debosky, I would like to remind you that you cannot resume something you never started. . .  grin

BTW. . . . WTF is wrong with Ancelotti?. . . . his mates are busy making signings whilst he is sunning his pot-belly on a tropical isle. . . . he better wake-up and get to work before July 1st lest all transfer targets are snapped up. . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2009
lol . . . in the spirit of deborsky . . . so damn funny grin

I want Villa not Aguero.

Our midfield is way too crowded with the wrong sort of players.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2009
Ibime:

In the spirit of debosky, I would like to remind you that you cannot resume something you never started. . .  grin

BTW. . . . WTF is wrong with Ancelotti?. . . . his mates are busy making signings whilst he is sunning his pot-belly on a tropical isle. . . . he better wake-up and get to work before July 1st lest all transfer targets are snapped up. . . .

Well done my faithful student.  grin

Ancelotti is banking on Pato signing.  grin Y'all don't really need too many signings and there's still 2 months to go after the 1st of July.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2009
Pato and Villa will be good buys.
Spending more than 25 milliln pounds on one player is a big NO.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by jalether(m): 6:31pm On Jun 11, 2009
bluediva, Villa is worth way more than £25 mill dont you think

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.