Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,478 members, 7,836,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Virginity Myths... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Virginity Myths... (2141 Views)

"Virginity Is Overrated": Quote Non-Virgins Use To Console Themselves / Dear Ladies, This Is What Will Keep A Man- Not Sex Or Virginity (photo) / Virginity @25 Is A Curse Not Decency. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virginity Myths... by SunehriLasgidi(f): 1:59am On Dec 07, 2015
Note: Opinions are not facts. Opinions are subjective. Opinions vary according to individuals. Each Individual is entitled to an opinion. No opinion is superior. All opinions are perspectives. Please, if you are not open-minded, don't read this post. Thanks a lot. I find bigotry is quite debilitating.

Lately, I’ve been musing: “What is the big deal with virginity?” Different people have expressed diverging, yet amusing notions of this concept.

From the “little” I’ve heard, I was able to compile a list of myths about virginity.

1. It is the gift a woman gives to her husband.

2. It makes God answer your prayers faster

3. It makes your husband cherish you

4. It makes you a better woman

5. It increases a man’s admiration for his wife

6. Only women should be virgins

Hahaha!

Let’s reason this from the first point: It’s the gift a woman gives her husband.

Seriously? Aren’t there other “gifts” a woman can give her husband? I don't think a secure man would need this wonderful “gift” from his wife. A man doesn’t need to validate his ego based on a “I had her first” basis. If you’re a man that feels better knowing that you “tapped” it first, your insecurity level is high. There are many better, loftier things a woman can give you asides her virginity.
Re: Virginity Myths... by SunehriLasgidi(f): 2:00am On Dec 07, 2015
On to number two: It makes God answer your prayers faster. Indeed! If you do anal, manual, and oral, Sister, you’re not different from “wayward” girls that have done the deed. Drop the sanctimonious attitude. It’s like saying you haven’t eaten but you drank a bottle of soda. That bottle of soda will assuage your hunger. If you sin other sins like envy, avarice, (Read up Galatians 5: 19-21) you’re not different from other Sisters doing it. If your heart is black like charcoal, it might stop God from granting you your wishes. (Talking about God answering prayers, I think that we humans have free will. But, there’s predestination. Topic for another day)

Next up, number three: It makes your husband cherish you. That is a lie being told by a patriarchal society that has sought to subjugate women since its inception. I know of women who married as virgins and their husbands were abusive and didn’t cherish them one teensy-weensy bit. “‘Bad girls’ seem to land good guys,” I heard somebody say. I haven’t verified it. Yet.
Re: Virginity Myths... by ibe9ja: 2:03am On Dec 07, 2015
Op, na only stinginess go make person open thread and be the FTC. Pls delete the post above me and give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar.

Being a virgin doesn't make you a saint. Virginity is not dignity... its lack of opportunity.
Re: Virginity Myths... by kilokeys(m): 2:05am On Dec 07, 2015
END TIME GIRLS

Discouraging Chastity

for ur info... someone can be immoral and still be a virgin.

most GAYS could still b referred to as virgins.. it doesn't mean they might not rot in hell AND the bible didn't say anything bout non-virgins being condemned.

Virginity is someone that hasnt had her v intruded by a p.. nd viceversa for the guys too.

1 Like

Re: Virginity Myths... by demarc001: 2:15am On Dec 07, 2015
Abeg make una leave virginity alone
Re: Virginity Myths... by SunehriLasgidi(f): 2:20am On Dec 07, 2015
kilokeys:
END TIME GIRLS

Discouraging Chastity

for ur info... someone can be immoral and still be a virgin.

most GAYS could still b referred to as virgins.. it doesn't mean they might not rot in hell AND the bible didn't say anything bout non-virgins being condemned.

Virginity is someone that hasnt had her v intruded by a p.. nd viceversa for the guys too.

Hmmm...
Re: Virginity Myths... by kilokeys(m): 2:25am On Dec 07, 2015
SunehriLasgidi:

Hmmm...

its okay if u arent a virgin anymore but morally upright atm

erhmm.. i am a very naughty virgin guy atm.

so lets just preach to pple bout being morally virgin.. grin
Re: Virginity Myths... by RobinHez(m): 2:30am On Dec 07, 2015
undecided
Re: Virginity Myths... by NOBODYY: 5:59am On Dec 07, 2015
Re: Virginity Myths... by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 07, 2015
@OP stop misleading the young and gullible ones online, if u are no longer a virgin which is true anyways then dont discourage young ones into thinking that virginity aint a big deal, pls keep ur end time opinion to urself, "Virginity is a big deal not just to you, it is to ur husband, ur parents and to GOD, its makes them cherishes and respect u and it comes with a special blessing from GOD bcaus u have obeyed his law by abstaining 4rm sex till after marriage and above all it makes ur marriage to be strong and healthy, a man wud not want to let a lady that has kept herself 4 so many years go.
Re: Virginity Myths... by NinaNigeria(f): 6:10am On Dec 07, 2015
End time thread. I realy hope no one is takin wat is written here in to consideration

1 Like

Re: Virginity Myths... by pretydiva(f): 6:10am On Dec 07, 2015
I agree wit all except no 6

#teamvirgin#
Re: Virginity Myths... by SunehriLasgidi(f): 7:04am On Dec 07, 2015
Number four says: It makes you a better woman. How? If you’re lazy and waiting for one man to cater to your needs but you’ve given him your virginity, you’re on your own. You’re not a better woman. You’re just a woman who have succeeded in living out her dreams. (Different women have different priorities. Not every woman has child- bearing on the top of her list. Not every woman has being a CEO on her list) I think men want someone they can talk with. If you’re dumb, your husband might just get a girl outside that can hold profound conversations with him.

It increases a man’s admiration for his wife, number five. Seriously? If a dude is adventurous, he’ll always want to try somewhere new. It doesn’t increase any admiration. Except he has the “fear of God”.

Finally, number six: only women should be virgins. Why should a woman be expected to be a virgin but a man isn’t. By the way, sex is a normal bodily function. It’s like hunger, crapping, moving... you remember MR. NIGER D? Characteristics of a living organism: Movement, reproduction, nutrition, growth, excretion, respiration, irritability, and death. God that made humans reproductive knew they were not going to rub two stones together to make babies. He knew they would have sex. At what point in human history did humans decide to make sex to be something depraved?

READ MORE ON: https://thefemmemedia..com.ng/2015/11/still-talking-about-virginity.html
Re: Virginity Myths... by SunehriLasgidi(f): 7:09am On Dec 07, 2015
ssweetorgasm:
@OP stop misleading the young and gullible ones online, if u are no longer a virgin which is true anyways then dont discourage young ones into thinking that virginity aint a big deal, pls keep ur end time opinion to urself, "Virginity is a big deal not just to you, it is to ur husband, ur parents and to GOD, its makes them cherishes and respect u and it comes with a special blessing from GOD bcaus u have obeyed his law by abstaining 4rm sex till after marriage and above all it makes ur marriage to be strong and healthy, a man wud not want to let a lady that has kept herself 4 so many years go.

Ah! The fragrance of your holiness wafted to me and I couldn't help but comment on your comment. If you're aren't a virgin, your wife shoudn't be a virgin. What is good for the goose, is good for the gander.

And about not letting go, why won't a man let go? I need you to school me on that. Thanks.
Re: Virginity Myths... by BankManager(m): 7:51am On Dec 07, 2015
End time thread from an end time babe..
Re: Virginity Myths... by SunehriLasgidi(f): 8:03am On Dec 07, 2015
BankManager:
End time thread from an end time babe..

Laughing hard here. You know the End of Ages is the Age of Aquarius? You won't know that.
Re: Virginity Myths... by jmaxjohn(m): 8:10am On Dec 07, 2015
You can only lose ur virginity when you've had sex #vitginitymyth

SunehriLasgidi:
Note: Opinions are not facts. Opinions are subjective. Opinions vary according to individuals. Each Individual is entitled to an opinion. No opinion is superior. All opinions are perspectives. Please, if you are not open-minded, don't read this post. Thanks a lot. I find bigotry is quite debilitating.

Lately, I’ve been musing: “What is the big deal with virginity?” Different people have expressed diverging, yet amusing notions of this concept.

From the “little” I’ve heard, I was able to compile a list of myths about virginity.

Hahaha!

Let’s reason this from the first point: It’s the gift a woman gives her husband.

Seriously? Aren’t there other “gifts” a woman can give her husband? I don't think a secure man would need this wonderful “gift” from his wife. A man doesn’t need to validate his ego based on a “I had her first” basis. If you’re a man that feels better knowing that you “tapped” it first, your insecurity level is high. There are many better, loftier things a woman can give you asides her virginity.

Re: Virginity Myths... by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 07, 2015
the state of a person who has never engaged insexual intercourse.[1][2]There are cultural and religious traditions which place special value and significance on this state, especially in the case of unmarried females, associated with notions of personal purity,honorand worth..am not saying that people who are not virgins are bad but frustration shouldn't make you to put up a post like this... meanwhile end time post to justify what you did last night
Re: Virginity Myths... by firstking01(m): 8:49am On Dec 07, 2015
SunehriLasgidi:

Hahaha!

this ish is soo overated...enough of it abegi...if u wanna remain a virgin, remain a virgin...if u tink there's no need, den its still ur own cup of tea...and miss poster...dat no 2 is flawed and baseless....God does nt ansa ur prayers because ur a virgin....cos there's no guarantee dat a virgin is born agn.....i bounce
Re: Virginity Myths... by STENON(f): 9:39am On Dec 07, 2015
7. You are from suspecting the cause of your stomach pain to be pregnancy.
Re: Virginity Myths... by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 07, 2015
No1 is ludicrous!!!
gift to husband my ass!undecided
Re: Virginity Myths... by SunehriLasgidi(f): 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2015
firstking01:
this ish is soo overated...enough of it abegi...if u wanna remain a virgin, remain a virgin...if u tink there's no need, den its still ur own cup of tea...and miss poster...dat no 2 is flawed and baseless....God does nt ansa ur prayers because ur a virgin....cos there's no guarantee dat a virgin is born agn.....i bounce

"Virginity Myths I've heard from different people." If you read to the end, you'd see that I was trying to explain why those points are baseless and false. You just went into conclusions? Hmmm... Brilliant you.
Re: Virginity Myths... by SunehriLasgidi(f): 2:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
These are MYTHS ABOUT VIRGINITY I HAVE HEARD SO FAR. NOT MY OPINION. Read before you comment, I think.
Re: Virginity Myths... by firstking01(m): 2:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
SunehriLasgidi:

"Virginity Myths I've heard from different people." If you read to the end, you'd see that I was trying to explain why those points are baseless and false. You just went into conclusions? Hmmm... Brilliant you.
....owk....so, hw u doinqsmiley??
Re: Virginity Myths... by IamLEGEND1: 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
I have no problems with virgins at all but if it was up to me,I will go for non virgins 9 times out of 10. if you stay a virgin, good for you. That was/is your decision & i couldnt care less.

but I do know though, that the day a girl will say something remotely close to 'my virginity is a gift i kept for you'......I swear I'll throw up.

ain't nobody got time for their melodrama & misplaced sense of entitlement.
Re: Virginity Myths... by Mafking(m): 3:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
dem niggers don bore-ur-hole you con dey look for means of justification?? boreholed biatch
Re: Virginity Myths... by Shebarh(f): 4:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
op stop misleading young gals.. don't you know der r a lot of teenage gals online? and dz topic can harm der innocent mind..
Re: Virginity Myths... by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
Op listen. Virginity is unique. But it seems your mind is negatively made up so look below, don't take it personal. But to be candid. I love when a girl is a Virgin I mean it

Re: Virginity Myths... by hayorzzyzx(m): 7:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
Virginity means:
Being Pure

Sanctified

Conscious

Has a mind set and not devoured by her pears

Traditionally/Culturally/Scientifically it is Better than a loose valve asshole.
So what is your point angry

Observing. cool
Re: Virginity Myths... by tpiar: 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
Story for Oshiomole.
Re: Virginity Myths... by Youngpo413: 8:03am On Dec 08, 2015
SunehriLasgidi:
These are MYTHS ABOUT VIRGINITY I HAVE HEARD SO FAR. NOT MY OPINION. Read before you comment, I think.
Assuming you are still a virgin,you wouldn't have said all these,none virgins are always jealous of good,decent and pure girls who chose to keep theirs...but remember that no one forced you to loose yours,so learn to live with it.All those points you mentioned are facts not myths...a real man will choose a virgin over all these hoes with their "overused" pusys...who are always busy jumping from one dick to another in the name of relationship....Overused is an understatement sef cos some pusys are badly battered!
Re: Virginity Myths... by Ferrylina: 12:04am On Mar 07, 2019
IamLEGEND1:
I have no problems with virgins at all but if it was up to me,I will go for non virgins 9 times out of 10. if you stay a virgin, good for you. That was/is your decision & i couldnt care less.

but I do know though, that the day a girl will say something remotely close to 'my virginity is a gift i kept for you'......I swear I'll throw up.

ain't nobody got time for their melodrama & misplaced sense of entitlement.

Oh really? � Mr non-virgins... If u don't appreciate and value virgins, then keep ur opinion to ur self cuz dz is so uneccessary,if u wanna marry a dog in a human's clothing then go on n never come here to make virginity look disgusting cuz its one of the most beautiful things a woman can have.virginity shows the worth of a woman b4 money,virginity is pride.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Have Issues With Reaching Orgasm? Try This*** / What Sex Starvation Has Caused In This Family / Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.