Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,097 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. (2139 Views)

Pre-wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met 5 Years Ago During NYSC / Man Shares Throwback Photos Of Himself And Wife From 5 Years Ago / Girl Replies A Guy On Facebook After 5 Years After She Saw A Pic Of Him In US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by TK0907(m): 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
I have been dating this lady for more than 5 years and was even planning that we do some kind of introduction this year followed by wedding Next year.But she attends a white garment church while I attend a pentecostal church, during the course of the courtship, I told her that I will not accept her going to the church once we get married because i'm really not comfortable with most of their doctrines and she was like atleast she will be going once in a while but I always refute it when ever she says so, that I dnt like the situation whereby I will be going to a church and my wife will be wearing white garments and going to a different church. To cut the story short, we had a discussion few weeks ago trying to solve some issues we had together recently and among what I said was that the church stops to exist around her once we get married and I got a shocking response from her that she can never leave the church for anything whatsoever and I then said we don't have any future together then and the next thing she said is okay. I still repeat it that it means we can't get married and she said that is fine by her. Since then we have not been contacting ourselves because we are not staying in the same state at present and I have been thinking that is this how a 5years courtship is going to end? Please what should I do?
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2016
Religion/doctrine/denominations be destroying relationships since 400bc

1 Like

Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
You courted five years without bringing up church issue but just now ? Oh dear.
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by onyee25(f): 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2016
its better to end a 5 year courtship than have a broken marriage later on

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
Bros read again. This time do slowly

ThisCouldBeUs:
You courted five years without bringing up church issue but just now ? Oh dear.

"during the course of the courtship, I told her that I will not accept her going to the church once we get married because i'm really not comfortable with most of their doctrines and she was like atleast she will be going once in a while but I always refute it when ever she says so, that I dnt like the situation whereby I will be going to a church and my wife will be wearing white garments and going to a different church."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by candycrushsoda: 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
U guys have already decided; there's no future for both of you together. It's better not to start what you know you won't finish.

Besides, when children start coming, who will they follow to church?
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by MzOnajin1(f): 3:22pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hmmmmm, I c no reason y she can't change to your church. U re d boss now
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Bluezy13(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
A 5 year courtship!!! How old is the lady I believe she would have reconsidered if she was almost 30.

1 Like

Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by MzOnajin1(f): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hmmmmm, I c no reason y she can't change to your church. U re d boss now. But u should v taken it serious earlier dan dis
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 22, 2016
I did. Just saying the issue should have been sorted earlier than now.
STFUareyouGod:
Bros read again. This time do slowly

"during the course of the courtship, I told her that I will not accept her going to the church once we get married because i'm really not comfortable with most of their doctrines and she was like atleast she will be going once in a while but I always refute it when ever she says so, that I dnt like the situation whereby I will be going to a church and my wife will be wearing white garments and going to a different church."
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by TK0907(m): 3:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
Bluezy13:
A 5 year courtship!!!
How old is the lady
I believe she would have reconsidered if she was almost 30.

That's even what surprised me, she will be 28 next month and she gave me such a silly response, it seems she has already gotten another option
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by hurricaneChris: 3:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
And some people say some people are religious tolerant!! Lol

Brother, thank God you guys understand your differences, and have decided not to bend for each other.

Your home would have been a confused one. Your kids might have ended up atheists grin grin

1 Like

Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by AccaPack(m): 3:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
U should av defined your relationship from the onset, not after wasting her time. undecided
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by TK0907(m): 3:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
AccaPack:
U should av defined your relationship from the onset, not after wasting her time. undecided

I was expecting to see this kind of comment. Did u read my post from the beginning to the end at all?

1 Like

Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Bluezy13(m): 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
TK0907:

That's even what surprised me, she will be 28 next month and she gave me such a silly response, it seems she has already gotten another option
She has another option.
Just thank God and move on.
You don't know what she has been listening to...

1 Like

Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
ThisCouldBeUs:
I did. Just saying the issue should have been sorted earlier than now.
gotya bruv ✔️✔️✔️✔️
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by AccaPack(m): 3:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
TK0907:

I was expecting to see this kind of comment. Did u read my post from the beginning to the end at all?

and she was like atleast she will be going once in a while but I always refute it when ever she says so, that I dnt like the situation whereby I will be going to a church and my wife will be wearing white garments and going to a different church.

What were u thinking when she told u that? My point is that, don't assume u can change someone that is not willing to change. That was your mistake. From her stance, she is no more yours.
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Monalisa185(f): 3:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
the babe has dumped you long before you made that statement...

she was obviously advised to leave you once you repeat that wouldn't allow her go to her church...

she probably has another person who could be a member of her church...

my dear... start looking for another woman to marry...

a woman has no church of her own until she gets married... once she accepts to marry a man, she has accepted everything concerning that man, both his church, family...EVERYTHING!!

lalasticlala, I think your attention is needed here

3 Likes

Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by TK0907(m): 3:46pm On Mar 22, 2016
AccaPack:

What were u thinking when she told u that? My point is that, don't assume u can change someone that is not willing to change. That was your mistake. From her stance, she is no more yours.

Thanks. I have already moved on.
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by refiner(f): 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2016
hnmmm...Nawa oo

op sorry u hear!undecided
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
TK0907:

Most likely. I have a gut feeling she's found someone else already. Otherwise, she'd have called off the relationship before now if she knew nothing's ever going to make her change her denomination

How's this ur 5yr relationship been? Long distance the whole time?

1 Like

Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2016
Monalisa185:
the babe has dumped you long before you made that statement...

she was obviously advised to leave you once you repeat that wouldn't allow her go to her church...

she probably has another person who could be a member of her church...

my dear... start looking for another woman to marry...

a woman has no church of her own until she gets married... once she accepts to marry a man, she has accepted everything concerning that man, both his church, family...EVERYTHING!!

lalasticlala, I think your attention is needed here

Lol...u'll make a good wife.
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
TK0907:

So because she 28 she doesn't have a choice grin

I laugh at yo bruv tongue

1 Like

Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Monalisa185(f): 5:03pm On Mar 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol...u'll make a good wife.
lol, look who's talkingcheesy...200 yards wife material herselfcheesytongue
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by sexymoma(f): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
5 years relationship nor be play ooo...
well since she said she can't leave her church for you, then there is no point cos it ogonna affect your future ooo my brother
if not fr one thing.. of your kids.
woman wey say she nor go fit leave church for you, imagine wetin she go do if she finally born give you. angry
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2016
Monalisa185:

lol, look who's talkingcheesy...200 yards wife material herselfcheesytongue

Lol...don't wash me with hypo,biko.
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by pweetychyka(f): 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2016
Broken relationship is far beta dan broken marriage.... 5years is quite short compared to those that have courted/dated for 11years.

Well I hope u learn from this.... "For every heartbreak there is a LESSON to learn."
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Ifakiland(m): 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
TK0907:

gals always av many options my broda...u dint handle it well too, how can u threaten d relationship aving no future, were u expectin her to start begging u. if u dint like d church, y date a gate attending d church, abi no bi for d church u go do wedding ni!
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2016
TK0907:

You have no excuse. Both of you are to be blamed

I don't see the big deal though undecided
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by layla129(f): 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
TK0907:

Bro, u weren't firm enough. Why did you even postpone the church switching till after marriage? You could have insisted she switched when the relationship started to get serious. A year is enuf to make that decision
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by darlenese(f): 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2016
You may have courted for Methuselah years but the relationship had no destination from the begining , she obviously didn't consider u a suitor, but u were just assuming , u were just an option , maybe an assistant BF,

Start searching for a submissive wife, not this Co-captain you are describing here .
Re: Advice!!! About To Quit A 5 Years Courtship. by shulamitewoman(f): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2016
Even if u stab her wif a knife,her mind is made up..cos most white garments goers dnt stp...once they enter is always hard 4dem 2cum out of it..dnt knw why tho...u just have 2move on cos her mind is made up..really dnt like anytin white garment..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Artificial Hair Attachments: Made From Human Corpses? / The Plain Facts Of Miss Nl Contest / Why Ladies Never Admit To Watching PO.RN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.