Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice (28244 Views)

How To Attain Good Grades In Your First Year At The University / I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed / See How Facebook Drastically Improved My Son's Grades In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by chuose: 10:37am On Dec 11, 2015
Don't waste our time.

JUMP FROM A BRIDGE
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 11, 2015
menix:
OP u re a liar sha..

Wrote jamb 5 times nd now in 200 level nd u re still 22yrs..

Nwanne stop this bus make I come down...

Thou if it's someone u know that it's happening to, tell him that his got a spiritual wife..

They start with ur educational background to ensure your life is not the same so that u can play to the their game..

Don't people complete secondary school education at the age of 15 these days? Do the math, and give yourself a knock for such unwarranted display of insensitivity & naivete.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 11, 2015
menix:
OP u re a liar sha..

Wrote jamb 5 times nd now in 200 level nd u re still 22yrs..

Nwanne stop this bus make I come down...

Thou if it's someone u know that it's happening to, tell him that his got a spiritual wife..

They start with ur educational background to ensure your life is not the same so that u can play to the their game..
why are you people always blaming spirit for everything?
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by DENJIZZY(m): 10:39am On Dec 11, 2015
@op...person wey wan commit suicide no dey ask for advise. just go ahead...abi u think say eh easy to die...
when there is life, there is hope!!!
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by bumtos(m): 10:39am On Dec 11, 2015
Go on, satan is waiting for at the entrance of hell gate.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 11, 2015
I understand ur problem so well. Ur Ordeal is centred on the days of pleasure u ignorantly enjoy in the first semester. U only realised ur wrong doing at the middle of the second semester, when the first result was released. Then, u began to strive.

If u credited ur O/level without runz, there is nothing wrong with u. Take the bull by its horn, start afresh this semester and u'll surprise urself.

About the chemical, I won't advise u to do away with it. Present it to any mortal being that may pose a threat to u in the quest for success.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by viktor01(m): 10:41am On Dec 11, 2015
Wrong place at the wrong time.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:
Good day Nairalanders, the time I started writing this is 3:22am, whether am a popular NLder or not doesn't matter, but I would like to Conceal my identity. These would be a bit long, because I would want to explain all what is happening and has been happening to me concerning my education.

I am from the eastern part of Nigeria, and school somewhere in the south, part of the top 10 universities in Nigeria.
Back in my, Primary and Junior secondary school, I was extremely brilliant, always part of first 3, a lot of times I was 1st in class and best overall. Even my junior waec, I was so happy, people were happy for me.

The problem started in my secondary school, I noticed I started dropping, my 2nd term in SS1, I was 21/23 in class, same school, same class mates.
I thought maybe I had started playing to much, so I stopped all what I figured out could be the problem, yet there was no solution, my parents got me private teachers for my core subjects. Once they are with me, I would understand what they teach me, when they leave, I don't slack, I continue reading and reading, when exam comes, it would seem like I wasn't the one who read. A day before the exam, it would be fresh in my head and when I even write the exam, my mind would be like "you have killed it"
My parents would ask how it was, my reply would be: "yes, it was perfect, expecting the perfect result".

When I see my result, I would as usual fail virtually everything.
Still, I managed to go/forge ahead, I was able to pass my WASSCE in one sitting, how I did that I don't know, not that I passed outstandingly, I only had 'credit' in all the subject I was expect to have grade 'C'.

Then the hustle for Jamb came, let it be known that I wrote jamb 5 times, and the 5th time was when I got admitted to my school of choice.

Currently in my 200level, we resumed a new session about 2months ago. Now to what caused dis write up.

My first semester of 100level result: C, F, A, D, D.

A terrible result for someone in 100level, yes, I know. I felt too relaxed first semester, played a lot.
I determined that 2nd semester would be better, not that I was expecting all A's but I didn't want any F.
So my whole 2nd semester was reading all through, I read to the extent that I started feeling sure I should have A's in at least 3 out of 6 courses.

But when the result came in, it was worse than my first semester without me playing or getting distracted,
My 2nd semester of 100level result: C, F, C, E, C,F

And now 200level has kicked off, but something is happening to me.

I don't think I can survive this anymore,
My parents don't have money, my dad is struggling to send us to school.
None of my siblings work,
I have been contemplating different means of ending my life,
I move about with shame, I don't sleep anymore, I can't get my head straight, I would stay awake all night crying and praying for a change in my academic life.

I have done all what I think I can humanly do, hence why the thought of taking my life,
I know I can't create a life, but of what use is one that doesn't seem to make people happy?
But then, I decided to come on here, to ask if there is something else in reading I am not doing apart from, reading.... I have applied all the reading techniques applicable, jot while reading, revise, ask myself questions, and all. But still after exam, I don't seem to have that desired result, I have prayed countless times.

By my side is a chemical I got when I discovered I had 2f's. Education, they say is the best legacy. But in my case it isn't sure if it would be, I am a business oriented person, but no money to even establish myself, so that's not an option, please Nairalanders, I don't wish to Take my life, please is there anything you can suggest to me other than suicide and constant reading and prayers. I am 22years of age.

cry
God bless.

THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM IS JESUS NOT NAIRALAND
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Rilwayne001: 10:42am On Dec 11, 2015
It is not a new thing when you sit and it seems like your whole world is going to crash right before your very eyes.
Most puzzle life place before us often times seems unbearable and insurmountable.

There are various problems and challenges to each day which we have to overcome to step up the stairs of greatness.

Those remarkable icon we see and hear about today once had tough times trying to get to where they are today. They paid the price.

One thing very certain that I want you to know is that to everybody are different prices we have to pay to become great. Some needs little effort to activate their success while some requires long time effort.

One certain thing about life is that time is never stagnant, it moves and moves really fast, so the problem you are experiencing now is not a life sentence, it is only for a while.

Don't commit suicide because of what you are experiencing today, only cowards does that.

Pray hard and don't give up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by labamo07(m): 10:43am On Dec 11, 2015
Foolish boy! you want to die? die na. You feel the life is worthless, huh? There are many people out there you are better off. Think positively out of that entanglement and remember you are only witnessing a tough time which doesn't last only if you decide to be tough...........
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Vikky014(f): 10:43am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:
Good day Nairalanders, the time I started writing this is 3:22am, whether am a popular NLder or not doesn't matter, but I would like to Conceal my identity. These would be a bit long, because I would want to explain all what is happening and has been happening to me concerning my education.

I am from the eastern part of Nigeria, and school somewhere in the south, part of the top 10 universities in Nigeria.
Back in my, Primary and Junior secondary school, I was extremely brilliant, always part of first 3, a lot of times I was 1st in class and best overall. Even my junior waec, I was so happy, people were happy for me.

The problem started in my secondary school, I noticed I started dropping, my 2nd term in SS1, I was 21/23 in class, same school, same class mates.
I thought maybe I had started playing to much, so I stopped all what I figured out could be the problem, yet there was no solution, my parents got me private teachers for my core subjects. Once they are with me, I would understand what they teach me, when they leave, I don't slack, I continue reading and reading, when exam comes, it would seem like I wasn't the one who read. A day before the exam, it would be fresh in my head and when I even write the exam, my mind would be like "you have killed it"
My parents would ask how it was, my reply would be: "yes, it was perfect, expecting the perfect result".

Still, I managed to go/forge ahead, I was able to pass my WASSCE in one sitting, how I did that I don't know, not that I passed outstandingly, I only had 'credit' in all the subject I was expect to have grade 'C'.

Then the hustle for Jamb came, let it be known that I wrote jamb 5 times, and the 5th time was when I got admitted to my school of choice.

Currently in my 200level, we resumed a new session about 2months ago. Now to what caused dis write up.

A terrible result for someone in 100level, yes, I know. I felt too relaxed first semester, played a lot.
I determined that 2nd semester would be better, not that I was expecting all A's but I didn't want any F.
So my whole 2nd semester was reading all through, I read to the extent that I started feeling sure I should have A's in at least 3 out of 6 courses.

But when the result came in, it was worse than my first semester without me playing or getting distracted,

I move about with shame, I don't sleep anymore, I can't get my head straight, I would stay awake all night crying and praying for a change in my academic life.

I have done all what I think I can humanly do, hence why the thought of taking my life,
I know I can't create a life, but of what use is one that doesn't seem to make people happy?
But then, I decided to come on here, to ask if there is something else in reading I am not doing apart from, reading.... I have applied all the reading techniques applicable, jot while reading, revise, ask myself questions, and all. But still after exam, I don't seem to have that desired result, I have prayed countless times.

By my side is a chemical I got when I discovered I had 2f's. Education, they say is the best legacy. But in my case it isn't sure if it would be, I am a business oriented person, but no money to even establish myself, so that's not an option, please Nairalanders, I don't wish to Take my life, please is there anything you can suggest to me other than suicide and constant reading and prayers. I am 22years of age.

cry
God bless.

hey dude i like ur moniker. bt try and act it

cramming seems to be ur problem. y nt study instead of cramming. the diff btw studying and cramming is dis
whn u cram and miss a word u will forget evryoda tin. bt whn u study u understand the subject matter and answer ur questions d way u understood it.

dts if it is nt calculating course bc dt one need one to know d formular

stop cramming bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by jaey(m): 10:43am On Dec 11, 2015
@OP, Please sincerely ask yourself this simple question. Be logical about this question and not diplomatic.

Will killing yourself solve the challenge of the slump in your academics?

My advice is that you find answers speedily and when I mean find answers I don't mean answers from any kind of source but the right one.

Moreover, seeing that you have identified your challenge is the first step to conquering it.

I'll just quote this verse from the Oldest Living book which says " It the Glory of God to conceal a thing, but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

There is a king in YOU so show forth your HONOUR.

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by rexesq(m): 10:44am On Dec 11, 2015
" Nairalanders, I don't wish to Take my life, please is there anything you can suggest to me other than suicide and constant reading and prayers. I am 22years of age.

God bless" when u never wish to kill urself how u want make us believe say u wan commit [/SUICIDE? [s][/s] Abi u smoke tyre? whenever u decide, let us know. and if after u dey wait for all these post u still dey keep that small container by ur side na em be say we need try u for attempted suicide - the only crime that only it's attempt is punishable not its commission! meanwhile, I must commend your writing skills. U have a convincing and captivating story. U can develop on it. become a novelist at least before u finally...close eyes. grin
end time scholar! no go do that thing o! cry
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by chumakk: 10:44am On Dec 11, 2015
So what will you tell God that killed you? What a waste! Your father don't money again and you want to want to waste the one he have invested since your birth?
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by flyingdutchman(m): 10:45am On Dec 11, 2015
If you kill yourself. You will miss the enjoyment you'll get later in life when you're cruising ur own car, flexing. Snap out of it! It has happened to me before. I'm alive and enjoying today

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Lincoln275(m): 10:45am On Dec 11, 2015
if u really want to commit suicide u wouldn't av come here and announce it, anyway don't do it ooooo, u still mean a lot to us as a human being, ok?
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 11, 2015
studied a science course, which ur brain cud not carry, 80% of the science students i know are in financial/ commerce fields working despite all the science they did.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by dadebayo1(m): 10:47am On Dec 11, 2015
You can drink the chemical..... Hope it will make you feel better? Trust me you dont have the mind to committ suicide.. If you are really tired you would have done it by now... All the best with whatever decision you finally take......
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by donj84: 10:47am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:

cry
God bless.

Brother, just one question..do you think taking your life will put smile in the face of your parents..now have you taken time to write about great men in nigeria like wole soyinka, he wrote waec seven times just to pass english, have you tried learning work or who told you everybody destiny is tied to school..there are a thousand and one great men today that didn't go to school..go and learn a skill ooo my brother and stop threatening yourself with suicide..na hell fire express be that
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Wandeabbas: 10:47am On Dec 11, 2015
It will definitely get better. the fact that you have come here to talk out your problem means you an still find a solution. Also. Wake up in the middle of the night and pray, that has helped me a lot.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by gunpoint(m): 10:47am On Dec 11, 2015
Jesumed:

Did you just say medical doctors? No lie put nah
When i joined a top 3 bank in 2006, my monthly pay was 190000 monthly. This in 2006. My medical doctor pal who found a job before me was on 70000 monthly at a private hospital. There are doctors in banking, especially those who had worked for a bit in medicine and found it didn't pay much. The former head of HR in a one of the top 3 banks is also a medical doctor.
Check your facts before disputing.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by flokii: 10:49am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:
I am opened to answer any question

why you wan kill yourself?

the top 5 richest men in the world are dropouts..

Life doesn't end in school my friend... I know a guy that spent 14years in my dept. bfor he could graduate
we were at d same NYSC camp 2geda..

no kill ursef oga... Life's too precious... think wide

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by lolu20: 10:49am On Dec 11, 2015
u r stupid. how can u allow an ordinary paper to determine ur life. develop ur talent and enjoy d hustle. Bleep certificate.

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by yooglodotcom: 10:49am On Dec 11, 2015
1. OP, The first thing you must do to start your recovery is to stop living for your dad or anyone else but for YOU. Become what you love to be not what anyone loves you to become.

2. The problem with your poor results may simply be how you present your answers to the examiner from my experience. It took me until 3rd year to understand why those that make As dont usually collect extra sheets like most of us that do and end up with the Cs.

Action Points:

1. Read through each course twice before mid semester
2. From mid semester focus on solving and documenting answers to at least 3 previous question papers. Lectures are too lazy to event new questions at least 90% of them.
3. Get someone especially a lecturer to help you review your answers to one of the answers to one question paper and give you honest opinion.
4. Get in there and pour out what you have already rehearsed.

This is how first class is made by smart but not gifted people.

When you look back 5 years later you will laugh at your frustration of today as you would see how little they really are in the bigger pictures of life.

Take advantage of the God-live you have and try to focus a little of that anointing you use for many other godly things to your academics and you will be amazed.

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by elipheleh(m): 10:50am On Dec 11, 2015
Lol you got DAD FC in 1st semester.

Bro. Or Sis. The truth is that it is satanic operation the devil came in to kill, to steal , and to destroy. I don't know how you managed to open a spiritual gateway into your life for a particular demon responsible for all these bad traits. From your letter I can also infer that one of that demon's characteristics is ultimately suicide.

List of things that can open up demonic gate way into our human soul:
1. Sex.....the person you had it is demon infected so the link from him or her has been created to you. Now that demon every legal right to cross over and torment you at will
2. Going to babalowo, dibia, native doctor or involving in any form of consulting spirits. That opens legal gateway too.
3. Murder
4. Trauma or a sudden shock or accident. Many people has been known to have suicide demonic tendencies or see and hear strange things often after surviving a fatal accident. At the time of sudden shock, our spiritual being becomes weak and any nearby demon can take that opportunity to infect that individual.

For now. These are the ones I know and I can say which one you were involved in.. . My suggestion to you is to pray this three prayers.

1. Lord Jesus I come to you as a sinner and ask please forgive me my sins. I believe you died for me and I accept you as my lord and personal saviour. Wash out my transgressions and give me th power to serve you. Thank you Lord for saving me. In jesus name. Amene

2. Lord Jesus I confess ......(insert whatever thing that caused the demonic infestation as I listed above. Eg ..iI have opened demonic entrance in my life by fornicating). Father please have mercy on me as you said '''for this cause was the son of man made manifest that he might destroy the works of the devil ''. Father in the name of jesus, LIFT out every demonic entrances in my life as a result of my sins and close every gateway that was opened in my life. Thank you father for I prayed in jesus name.

3. Devil in the name of jesus, the Father has forgiven me. You are no longe permitted to be in my life. I take authority in the name of Jesus. I lift out every demonic entrances in my life and command you and your demon's and evil spirits to leave completely in the name of jesus. Never ever enter again in jesus name. I am free indeed and I close every gateway that has been opened in my life, spirit soul and body in jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by dustydee: 10:50am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:

Plenty of thanks to you sir,
Intellectually, I am far of better than so many of my peers, I read lots of things, articles, whereas they limit themselves to just 'chatting', but then, if in exams things still get awful, what use is my intellect, I figured my reading technique long long ago, and have been 'upgrading' poco a poco it, but still...nothing seems to be happening. My last semester, I have never deprived myself of such amount of sleep in my life, but still people that didn't read in my own view are performing better.
In addition to what you are currently doing, also try to understand what each lecturer wants. Learn what the "style" of the lecturer is, ask those ahead of you what some lecturers require (beware of negative comments and concentrate on how to get the best out of the lecturer no matter how wicked people say he/she is). Sometimes it is not so much about knowing something but presenting the way the lecturer wants. Your performance may also be affected by your depression. You need to take your mind off your problems. Go out more, make a few friends, socialise more, become more involved in fellowship.

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Niceiroko: 10:50am On Dec 11, 2015
U r 22, n its no problem, 30yrs start from 100level so thats no problem, it happens n u r nt d first pn n will nt b d last, stop bn proud, fget it n start to read n pray to God, he will gve u his own kind of peace
AmNotADullard:

cry
God bless.

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by tochez24(m): 10:51am On Dec 11, 2015
yah dat may b ur dream course...bt believe me dats where u r vry weak in,u didnt channel ur hrt to wia u r perfect in.dia s absolutely ntin wrong wit u bro,d truth s dat dis tins happens,i studied a course in skul dat i ws vry weak in.jst lik d 1st commenter said,i struggled al tru 2come out though i wsnt givin a course of ma choice,bt i fought a gud fight nd i tink dats wat u shld do rite nw.....stop complanin bro,u cn do dis!!! u r nt a dull,u jst happens 2b a victim of circumstance'

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Diplomaticbeing(m): 10:51am On Dec 11, 2015
@OP

I have read through your main post and your replies, I made some discoveries about your person, thus the need for the following advices.

- Empty your cup: The fact that you read but don't pass your exams whereas your supposed friends you assumed you are better off academically and morally scales through in their exams means that you are not really better than them formally... there must be something they know or do better than you - consider to learn something from them.

- Obedience is better than sacrifice hence more glorifying. Self and continuous education is good, but for now you owe all your allegiance to your lecturers and whatever good or bad they teaches and how they expects you to learn and respond to their questions. The reason why most truest intelligent students hardly make 2.1 or first class is because our current academic structure is tailored to favor brilliant students the most - a lot of brilliant students are good in la cram la pour (no insult is intended towards brilliant students),they are not creative and lack initiatives.

In summary, you are an intelligent person but not brilliant, there's nothing bad about this. Your type of person always achieve great success out of/after leaving academic environment.

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 11, 2015
gunpoint:

When i joined a top 3 bank in 2006, my monthly pay was 190000 monthly. This in 2006. My medical doctor pal who found a job before me was on 70000 monthly at a private hospital. There are doctors in banking, especially those who had worked for a bit in medicine and found it didn't pay much. The former head of HR in a one of the top 3 banks is also a medical doctor.
Check your facts before disputing.

Doctors are better paid than bankers; maybe because he was in a private hospital.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by 400billionman: 10:52am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:

cry
God bless.

y

You said you are business oriented but business is not an option because there is no capital.

Now, is suicide an option ? How can you say you are praying to God and at thesame same time contemplating to end your life ? Which means you dont read your BIBLE and you actually do not know God..

You need to approach a man of God to guide you. From your story, your issue is beyond natural. You need a SPIRITUAL solution..

But i believe that if you seek God in spirit and truth, he will answer you. Every human being you see in this life has a CHALLENGE. But what differs from one person to another is our APPROACH to our challenges.

What CHURCH you attend will help determine the type of pastor who will put you through. For me i do not believe in backwardness. If you were my brother, this issue nah MOI MOI. Demons dey hear word.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by gunpoint(m): 10:54am On Dec 11, 2015
Jesumed:

Doctors are better paid than bankers; maybe because he was in a private hospital.
Ofcos he was in a private hospital. How many doctors can the government take in man?
What would you say is the percentage of total doctors versus doctors working for government? 100%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

First Yorùbá Textbook Unveiled In China / Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University / Professor Arrested In Abuja For Aiding Daughter To Cheat In JAMB Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.