Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,778 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke (2119 Views)

James Faleke Escapes Death, Was Shot At, Car Riddled With Bullets / I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah / We Won’t Present Candidate Against Wike In Rerun – IPAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by tunex23: 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
The deputy governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the recently concluded governorship election in Kogi State, James Faleke, has said he would not present himself for swearing-in with Yahaya Bello, the governorship candidate who was drafted in after the death of Abubakar Audu.
Mr. Faleke is billed to be sworn in on January 27, 2016, alongside Mr. Bello.
Mr. Faleke made his position known on Monday at Kabba at a meeting of APC stakeholders from Kogi West senatorial district.
He said his stance is in furtherance of his earlier letter to the national leadership of the party not to work with Mr. Bello, the governor-elect.
The politician, who was reacting to a resolution reached at the meeting that he should pursue the legal option to a logical conclusion, said the Audu/Faleke ticket remained intact and unchanged.
“I will not disappoint Prince Abubakar Audu. I, James Abiodun Faleke will not be there for the swearing in if we don’t finish the case before the January 27, 2016.
“Nobody consulted me before making me a deputy to Bello. Bello too did not consult me. I have made my position known to the party leadership on this. I am not ready to betray and disappoint Prince Abubakar Audu,” he said.
The tenure of the present administration ends on January 27, 2016 .
He also exonerated President Mohammadu Buahri from the crisis, saying Mr. Buhari he knew ‘cannot be a party to injustice and outright violation of the rule of law.’
Mr. Faleke warned the leadership of the APC against setting the party on a path of destruction through impunity and injustice, saying that they should learn from what happened to the Peoples Democratic Party.
He said that the present struggle was a complex one and beyond him, saying it was about emancipation of the people and the future of the state.
While asking the people not to fight or castigate anybody over the development, Mr. Faleke said those fighting in 2015 for positions in 2019 were trying God.
“People are fighting for 2019 in 2015. Are they God? What is happening is beyond human imagination,” he said.
He warned members and supporters of the party against fighting or castigating anybody, saying those behind the plot were only working to actualize God’s plan and the ultimate liberation of the state from the flaws of poverty and underdevelopment .
“I am a marathoner, no matter how bumpy and rough the road is, we shall get there, “ he said.
According to him, the constitutional crisis created by the sudden death of Mr. Audu, when finally resolved, will enrich the country’s democracy .
He thanked the Igalas for their support and resolve to defend the mandate with their blood and assured them that their efforts would not be in vain.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/194794-i-wont-present-myself-for-swearing-in-as-deputy-governor-in-kogi-james-faleke.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by MaziOmenuko: 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
Na waoh. This one na operation you must be deputy governor, by force by fire!

I can imagine the scenario: Faleke being dragged down to the court by some angry APC youths while the other APC chieftain's stands with the magistrate, awaiting to mandate him take oath of office.

Magistrate: do you swear to uphold the constitution of the federal republic and oversea your duties without bias.

Faleke: I don't, I won't!!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
I think Igala jazz is working fas on this one.
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by AvimsPS(f): 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
okay?
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by adonbilivit: 9:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
interesting. oya INEC force him...
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by fammo: 9:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
I hate Politics!
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by Businessideas: 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
Another legal conundrum in the making. The constitution doesn't make room for the swearing in of a governor or president without the deputy.
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by iamobiwest99(m): 9:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
he no go stil function as a deputy governor na grin
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by blazetitov: 9:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
APC better manage this situation well if not the PDP candidate will cash his money in the bank briefcase and win the race through the courts.
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by Dannyset(m): 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
These Politicians need to give their lives to Christ!
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by Chanchit: 9:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
Its just as simple as abc, you are not a bastard.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by officialteemi(m): 9:51pm On Dec 07, 2015
who the statement help....if u don't accpt,someone else will be selected..that's a blessing in disguise......
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by jbbaba(m): 9:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
TIME WILL TELL
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by nedu666: 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
who even send this Yoruba man. by the way how many pvc does he have and how come he voted both in lagos and kogi. yaya bello pls investigate this product of awo free education
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by hinwazaka: 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
Good boy. Continue with our plan, you stup1d puppet. By the time we use you to destroy Tinubu, you will realise your folly.
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by mozel247: 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
Battle line drawn... Am apc member but I think the leadership my party are getting it wrong.. Thanks to Buhari who was incompetent but was use to ride the apc to power... Thanks to him who had refuse to listen by making inexperience malami and Mahmud minister of justice and partisan inec chair.. The simple thing to be done was to approach supreme court for judicial interpretation but APC know all.. Now confusion.. Imagine swearing in a governor without a deputy.. Never heard..only in my apc been destroyed by Buhari.. I think we were better off as ACN.. Tot I voted for change from the way PDP use to do it.. But this one don worst ooooo

45k registered voters with 25k pvc.. Why declaring the election inconclusive inec...? Tot I voted for change from the way PDP

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by akinloluwao: 9:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
Abeg I am interested in the post of a deputy governor. Pleaseee
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by freshness2020: 9:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
No matter how cheap evil is, my family and I will never be able to afford it. That shall be your prayer also, now and forever. Amen.
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
blazetitov:
APC better manage this situation well if not the PDP candidate will cash his money in the bank briefcase and win the race through the courts.
I tell you!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by 2dillu2(m): 10:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
End time James Faleke
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by Alimtoheeb(m): 10:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
/is he fighting for his right in relating to helping us or just fighting for his own pocket?
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by Yello1(m): 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
If u no go present urself,present me instead nw!
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
getting more interesting
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by lumzybo: 7:07am On Dec 08, 2015
Hmmmmn....... #drama

If Faleke shld accept to deputise Yahaya, he myt be frustrated outta office in the long run.

it's better he stood his grounds and reject the "forced" marriage totally.

Faleke and Yahaya ticket is like a mixture of water and kerosene cheesy

In OBJ's voice, "I dey laugh ooo"
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by tunex23: 7:09am On Dec 08, 2015
nedu666:
who even send this Yoruba man. by the way how many pvc does he have and how come he voted both in lagos and kogi. yaya bello pls investigate this product of awo free education
you are happy now because Ebira man don enter government through magu magu abi

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 08, 2015
abeg dis man own dan too much
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 08, 2015
Odikwa very serious. Katakata to poju so ile APC

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by permsec: 7:23am On Dec 08, 2015
With the way James Faleke is going about this issue, it is safe to say he has a hand in Audu's death.

The position of the Dep.Gov wasn't vacant. You never participated in the primary election, Inec never declared Audu the winner before he gave up the ghost.

If i were Yahaya, i'll strive to pick another deputy if possible cos this one will poison me too.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by tonychristopher: 7:51am On Dec 08, 2015
tunex23:
The deputy governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the recently concluded governorship election in Kogi State, James Faleke, has said he would not present himself for swearing-in with Yahaya Bello, the governorship candidate who was drafted in after the death of Abubakar Audu.
Mr. Faleke is billed to be sworn in on January 27, 2016, alongside Mr. Bello.
Mr. Faleke made his position known on Monday at Kabba at a meeting of APC stakeholders from Kogi West senatorial district.
He said his stance is in furtherance of his earlier letter to the national leadership of the party not to work with Mr. Bello, the governor-elect.
The politician, who was reacting to a resolution reached at the meeting that he should pursue the legal option to a logical conclusion, said the Audu/Faleke ticket remained intact and unchanged.
“I will not disappoint Prince Abubakar Audu. I, James Abiodun Faleke will not be there for the swearing in if we don’t finish the case before the January 27, 2016.
“Nobody consulted me before making me a deputy to Bello. Bello too did not consult me. I have made my position known to the party leadership on this. I am not ready to betray and disappoint Prince Abubakar Audu,” he said.
The tenure of the present administration ends on January 27, 2016 .
He also exonerated President Mohammadu Buahri from the crisis, saying Mr. Buhari he knew ‘cannot be a party to injustice and outright violation of the rule of law.’
Mr. Faleke warned the leadership of the APC against setting the party on a path of destruction through impunity and injustice, saying that they should learn from what happened to the Peoples Democratic Party.
He said that the present struggle was a complex one and beyond him, saying it was about emancipation of the people and the future of the state.
While asking the people not to fight or castigate anybody over the development, Mr. Faleke said those fighting in 2015 for positions in 2019 were trying God.
“People are fighting for 2019 in 2015. Are they God? What is happening is beyond human imagination,” he said.
He warned members and supporters of the party against fighting or castigating anybody, saying those behind the plot were only working to actualize God’s plan and the ultimate liberation of the state from the flaws of poverty and underdevelopment .
“I am a marathoner, no matter how bumpy and rough the road is, we shall get there, “ he said.
According to him, the constitutional crisis created by the sudden death of Mr. Audu, when finally resolved, will enrich the country’s democracy .
He thanked the Igalas for their support and resolve to defend the mandate with their blood and assured them that their efforts would not be in vain.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/194794-i-wont-present-myself-for-swearing-in-as-deputy-governor-in-kogi-james-faleke.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Can't this man just grow up....

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by tonychristopher: 7:53am On Dec 08, 2015
mozel247:
Battle line drawn... Am apc member but I think the leadership my party are getting it wrong.. Thanks to Buhari who was incompetent but was use to ride the apc to power... Thanks to him who had refuse to listen by making inexperience malami and Mahmud minister of justice and partisan inec chair.. The simple thing to be done was to approach supreme court for judicial interpretation but APC know all.. Now confusion.. Imagine swearing in a governor without a deputy.. Never heard..only in my apc been destroyed by Buhari.. I think we were better off as ACN.. Tot I voted for change from the way PDP use to do it.. But this one don worst ooooo

45k registered voters with 25k pvc.. Why declaring the election inconclusive inec...? Tot I voted for change from the way PDP

Good morning
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by oshyno(m): 8:08am On Dec 08, 2015
Legal luminaries whatz d implication of swearing in govnor without a deputy.

Walahi the problem from this kogi election will not even end come 2019. PDP go just cack for corner dey wait for a little slip up , gbam dey go dive in collect d ticket. Make APc dey do sme sme.

This is d more reason supreme court shud av given the way out instead of dat yeye attorney general jumping d gun. Now it will be litigation upon litigation. Dis country is fvcked.
Re: I Won’t Present Myself For Swearing-in As Deputy Governor In Kogi — James Faleke by juman(m): 8:13am On Dec 08, 2015
Lies.

It is just apc propaganda.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Complied List Of APC Campaign "Change" Promises / I Can’t Impregnate Remi Tinubu, She’s Passed Menopause – Dino Melaye / Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.