Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah (38465 Views)

Uche Sampson Ogah Arrives Sam Mbakwe Airport In Owerri enroute to Abia / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Uche Ogar As Abia Governor / Profile Uche Sampson Ogah, Abia Newly Declared Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by LocalChamp: 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
June 30, 2016 James Eze
Sampson Ogah, the man who was declared Abia governor by the Federal High Court and issued a certificate of return by INEC on Thursday, has insisted on being sworn in as governor of the state despite an injunction by the Abia State High Court forbidding the exercise.
He also said he was on his way to Umuahia, the Abia State capital, to be sworn in as governor.
Mr. Ogah said through his Media Adviser, Monday Ubani, that the injunction obtained by Mr. Ikpeazu could not invalidate the certificate of return as it came from a subordinate court to the Federal High Court that ordered his swearing in.
He maintained that the State High Court which granted the injunction lacked the locus to do so adding that only an Appeal Court could grant such injunction.
He also said the appeal filed by Mr. Ikpeazu at the Court of Appeal could not be considered a stay over the judgment of Justice Okon Abang.
Mr. Ogah urged the chief judge and all concerned to respect the ruling and allow him to immediately take over the reigns of leadership so as to move the state forward.
The statement reads: “The Federal high court of Abuja presided over by Justice Okon Abang ordered Dr Okezie Ikpeazu to vacate his seat for Dr Uche Ogah OON as the rightful person for the seat. INEC was ordered to issue the said Ogah with a certificate of return which that body has complied with”.
“The next order that was issued by the federal high court was for the Chief Judge of Abia to swear in Dr Uche Ogah, the rightful person to occupy the governor’s seat. That order is yet to be complied with”.
“I understand that a high court in Osisioma Ngwa the axis where the governor hails from has issued an interim order restraining the Chief Judge from swearing in Dr Uche Ogah as the governor of the State. The point must be made that this order cannot stand as it is invalid in law”.
“The order did not emanate from a higher court but from a court of coordinate jurisdiction and does not in any vitiate or invalidate the earlier judgement of the Federal High Court in which the Chief Judge of Abia State was ordered to swear in Dr Uche Sampson Ogah. Only a higher court, in this case Court of Appeal has the jurisdiction to reverse the judgement of the Federal High Court”.
“Note also that appeal of Dr Okezie Ikpeazu before the Court of Appeal does not operate as a stay over the judgement of Justice Okon Abang. In the absence of any express order of the high court or the court of appeal ordering stay of execution, the judgement of the Federal High Court delivered on the 27th of June, 2016 should be obeyed by all the parties.”
Speaking through another aide, Peter Agba Kalu, Mr. Ogah said he was on his way to Umuahia, the Abia State capital for swearing in.
He said, “We are entroute to Umuahia for the swearing in from Imo Airpot.
“We don’t believe there is an injunction like that. The injunction is baseless and against the rules of the judiciary”.
“Is the injunction saying that the Certificate of return issued to Uche Ogah is not legal. Is it saying that Abia should not have a Governor because the Certificate of return nollifies that issued to Ikpeazu”.
“We also have a directive by the CJN that he should be sworn in immediately. So that injunction to the best of our knowledge does not exist and where it exist is null and void because it has already been overtaken by events.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/206238-im-way-umuahia-swearing-abia-governor-sampson-ogah.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by HungerBAD: 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
The incoming Governor has a point.

It was a Federal High Court that ordered he be sworn in immediately,so this kangaroo injunction by this court from the former Governors axis of the State is suspicious.

The Former Governor should respect the Rule of law,and not burn Abia down.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
lol.. its getting interesting..

modified
^^^ The above comment has something to say about "rule of law"... the present administration introduced anarchy into the system and the ripple effect is what we are seeing today.. in any case am indifferent.

4 Likes

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by dmediator555(m): 7:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by youngest85(m): 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
ogah cannot handle Abia state!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by malton: 7:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
Power tussle in 4k resolution.

2 Likes

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by temitemi1(m): 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2016
Imagine what buhari's inec is turning our country to cry

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by kahal29: 7:53pm On Jun 30, 2016
He has arrived. It was like a triumphant entry. No space to snap. The whole town erupted in wild jubilation on sighting him

14 Likes

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by Trut(m): 7:54pm On Jun 30, 2016
Up Gov. Uche Sampson Ogah.

His cousin sister was my else gf.

11 Likes

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
APC has succeeded in bringing anarchy to Abia state

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:59pm On Jun 30, 2016
Trut:

His cousin sister is my else gf.
why are you trying hard to Link yourself to him

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by Trut(m): 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
why are you trying hard to Link yourself to him

Just saying the obvious.

3 Likes

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by collins011(m): 8:03pm On Jun 30, 2016
Trut:

His cousin sister is my else gf.

Brother propose so that your destiny will be rewrites

13 Likes

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by OBAFEMIawolowo: 8:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
collins011:

did you mean his destiny will be "rewritten"?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by StunningCEO: 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
Ibo politics is of no relevance to me....backward iPod nuisances trying to gain attention.... cheesy grin...spits on thread and walks away.... cool

5 Likes

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by Trut(m): 8:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
collins011:

Not interested in her again, her wahala pass my power.

1 Like

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2016
We are gradually gaining foothold in the South East.....This na Oga Sir, Tuale na him go de greet Buhari....A matter of time he will BE home....

SOUTH EAST MUST be CHANGED BY FORCE.....APC!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by Frankiss44(m): 8:31pm On Jun 30, 2016
Trut:
Nor be only else, na elses

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by donphilopus: 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2016
Trut:

Hahaha...Bros abeg correct the 'else' to 'Ex' before those HANGRY men show o... cheesy

Besides, better go reconcile oooo...Hahahaha
Who no like better thing?! smiley

12 Likes

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by qualityovenbake(m): 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by MrPresident1: 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
Perfidy!

1 Like

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by Sunnycliff(m): 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
A wonderful script to be played in Abia tomorrow!
watching in 3D

1 Like

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by adonbilivit: 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2016

1 Like

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by Qmerit(m): 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
We have heard, but the recent gov is given tomorrow and Monday as public holidays and federal govt makes Tuesday and Wenesday so when re u going sir?
Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by asdfjklhaha(f): 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hmmm
Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by TeamSimple(m): 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
temitemi1:
How does this concern Buhari.
The last time I checked it was GEJ's inec that conducted the fraudulent election.

15 Likes

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by Nuells: 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
But Gov lkpeazu has declared tomorrow which could have been used to swear him in as public holyday. But serious who Ojo Maduekwe's death eep?

3 Likes

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by henryutd(m): 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2016
MrPresident1:
Perfidy!

Q
Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by OnuohaEDOZIE(m): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
youngest85:
ogah cannot handle Abia state!
...you are right just the same way you FAT**R couldn't handle your family.

12 Likes

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by omooba969(m): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
So these are the guys agitating for BIAFRA, no be so?

A house divided against itself can never stand!

My 2kobo...cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m On My Way To Umuahia For Swearing In As Abia Governor — Sampson Ogah by seguno2: 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
temitemi1:

Inconclusive.
We are in trouble with the dictator in Aso Rock.
Who will redeem us from this curse?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Expect More Bloodshed In Benue, Bosso, If...." - Miyetti Allah Leader Warns / Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars / A Copy Of The SSS Memo That Suspended Marilyn Ogar, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.