Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule (2119 Views)

Osinbajo With Maitama Sule's Wife, Daughters & Other Family Members (Photos) / Maitama Sule’s Corpse Arrives Abuja, Received By Abba Kyari / Yorubas Are Ready To Break Away From Nigeria- Elder Statesman Adebanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by DickDastardly(m): 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
One of Nigeria’s oldest elder statesman has called on Nigerians to revolt against bad leadership in order to steer the country towards a sustainable development.

Premium Times reports that, Sule made the statement while hosting the senator representing Kaduna central senatorial district Shehu Sani.

Sule said Nigeria’s need for sincere leaders would not happen unless citizens summon the boldness to embark on a revolution.

He said the revolution would be geared towards a re-orientation of citizens’ mindset to issues.

“What we need today in Nigeria is leadership, not only Nigeria but also the rest of Africa needs good leadership. We want leadership, not ruler-ship,” Sule said.

The former minister of mines and steel also noted that the country needs leaders who have the fear of God in them, leaders who have the will to turn the table around and not rulers.

“I know the word revolution scares you. We must have a revolution. I am not calling for bloody or violent revolution, No. I am not calling for Tse-Tung revolution in China where over 70 million people were killed. I am not calling for the kind of revolution led by Mahatma Ghandi with his philosophy non-violent resistance. I am calling for bloodless, non-violent revolution.

“I am calling for a change of attitude, re-orientation. Who will have to bring about this? You are the answer. You are the panacea to our ills. You are the solution to our problems. You are the vehicles of change. You are the vanguard of this revolution. The future is yours. You shall mark it or mar it. You can make it or mar it.

“If you succumb to the machinations of greedy and irresponsible political leaders, you will inherit a bad future and you will be bad leaders in the future. Make no mistake about this – you are the future leaders, whether anybody likes it or not. You are the change, you are the future; you are the answer.”

Sule further warned that Nigeria’s new leaders cannot provide the required leadership needed and most seek intervention of elders in the populace to achieve this aim.

“But let this thing get into your head – you need the elders. As I said earlier, you alone cannot make it, listen to the elders. Seek their advice. In all countries of the world, there is always what they call an invisible government.

“There are some elderly experience people who are not interested in getting any position or money but they are interested in their own country. They want to see their children and their grandchildren become good leaders, respected leaders. These are the people that sit together and discuss the country and advise the government. In every country in the world they have this. We must have this too.”

He said: “New breed without the old breed will breed greed. Throughout history, you find out that the best or the most successful organisation has this kind of combination – the old and the young. The old cannot do it alone nor can the young. You need a combination of the two to complement each other.

“In the same vein, we have to go into history. The purpose of history is to know the past in order to adjust the present and plan for the future. If you ignore the old breed you are wiping out a whole generation and therefore creating a vacuum. Nature does not want a vacuum. Life is a continuous thing. There must be continuity.”

Some weeks ago, the former minister had accused Nigerian leaders of frivolous and extravagant lifestyles.

Sule said some leaders use public funds to send their mistresses to London to have a hairdo.

He said most of the money used by these corrupt leaders were proceeds of oil exploration in Nigeria.

Source:

https://www.naij.com/1015848-tension-elder-statesman-calls-revolution.html

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by INTROVERT(f): 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
cheesy
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by georgen2u(m): 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
O
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by veacea: 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2016
Revolution?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by mastermaestro(m): 1:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
Which elders? The same elders that led us into this plague? undecided Please let us go and seek the advice of Elder Babangida and Elder Obj, according to Elder Sule, for a better Nigeria. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by DickDastardly(m): 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2016
The hour is here cool
But where is lalasticlala sef ... ?
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by EHMIR(m): 1:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
I hope u will wear ur khaki shorts with sneakers,flankedd by ur children leading the revolution,

other remain silent nd sip ur kunu tsaminya

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
Who will lead us

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by drss2(m): 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
those who voted d dullard should do d revolt.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by Bari22: 1:44pm On Oct 23, 2016
end time journalist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by DickDastardly(m): 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2016
drss2:
those who voted d dullard should do d revolt.
grin cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by drss2(m): 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2016
veacea:
Revolution?
revolution is not a childs play. dis con3 is not even ripe for revolution.
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by arewafederation: 1:47pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
Who will lead us

Aisha Buhari...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by malele(m): 1:49pm On Oct 23, 2016
Tell afonjas they still beleive in that mess that call himself president

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by soberdrunk(m): 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2016
When Baba don enjoy everything finish he wan come send us on suicide mission angry angry! Wetin he dey do when he young? Why he nor revolt then? We all know say Nigeria don spoil every when he was a very young and agile man sad angry angry
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by Blue3k(m): 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Hes right we need an intellectual revolution. First states need to add initiatives, referendums, and recalls. Then you'll truly see good in this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by chinjo(m): 1:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
Maitama sule though a blind man, but he can speak for hours without mincing word full of wisdom and real love for the country. These are the kind of elders Nigeria needs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by PaulIdu: 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2016
chinjo:
Maitama sule though a blind man, but he can speak for hours without mincing word full of wisdom and real love for the country. These are the kind of elders Nigeria needs.

Once had Audience with him ,didn't notice he was blind but he had some cool shade on even in his living room.
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by psucc(m): 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2016
Who takes the lead?

Any dissenting voice is an enemy of that state and if the law enforcement agency kills you, you're a cultist by force.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by Amberon11: 3:56pm On Oct 23, 2016
True
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by veacea: 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
drss2:
revolution is not a childs play. dis con3 is not even ripe for revolution.
very correct, we aren't ripe for revolution.
in my opinion, the timing isn't now and also we are too divided to revolt against the ruling oligarchy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ezigbo Arrant Nonsense. No Igbo or Niger Delta should participate in any useless revolution. Let only Hausa-Fulani and their Yorubaa minions start and finish the revolution themselves since they love one Nigeria so much for their selfish interests.

Is funny to see afonjas above correlating favors from SE and SS to revolt. I pity you people, if revolution starts, I'll be the first to expose and report your ewedu amala azz to the military for your years of betrayal of the South championed by Pa Awolowo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by iloveafonja: 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2016
Revolt ko Ravat ni grin shocked He should tell his almajiri children to start in Kano first!
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by DLondonboiy: 7:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
Who will lead us

The unanswered question...who will lead us?

Nigerians are too foooooolish to know when to joke and when to be serious....

Just imagine the different useless posts by different useless youths (who are just managing to survive) on such a serious topic!!

SMH

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by borntosuccess(m): 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
interesting
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by Oyiboman69: 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2016
if you seek for peace, prepare for war.
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by Duru1(m): 12:43am On Oct 24, 2016
DickDastardly:
One of Nigeria’s oldest elder statesman has called on Nigerians to revolt against bad leadership in order to steer the country towards a sustainable development.

Premium Times reports that, Sule made the statement while hosting the senator representing Kaduna central senatorial district Shehu Sani.

Sule said Nigeria’s need for sincere leaders would not happen unless citizens summon the boldness to embark on a revolution.

He said the revolution would be geared towards a re-orientation of citizens’ mindset to issues.

“What we need today in Nigeria is leadership, not only Nigeria but also the rest of Africa needs good leadership. We want leadership, not ruler-ship,” Sule said.

The former minister of mines and steel also noted that the country needs leaders who have the fear of God in them, leaders who have the will to turn the table around and not rulers.

“I know the word revolution scares you. We must have a revolution. I am not calling for bloody or violent revolution, No. I am not calling for Tse-Tung revolution in China where over 70 million people were killed. I am not calling for the kind of revolution led by Mahatma Ghandi with his philosophy non-violent resistance. I am calling for bloodless, non-violent revolution.

“I am calling for a change of attitude, re-orientation. Who will have to bring about this? You are the answer. You are the panacea to our ills. You are the solution to our problems. You are the vehicles of change. You are the vanguard of this revolution. The future is yours. You shall mark it or mar it. You can make it or mar it.

“If you succumb to the machinations of greedy and irresponsible political leaders, you will inherit a bad future and you will be bad leaders in the future. Make no mistake about this – you are the future leaders, whether anybody likes it or not. You are the change, you are the future; you are the answer.”

Sule further warned that Nigeria’s new leaders cannot provide the required leadership needed and most seek intervention of elders in the populace to achieve this aim.

“But let this thing get into your head – you need the elders. As I said earlier, you alone cannot make it, listen to the elders. Seek their advice. In all countries of the world, there is always what they call an invisible government.

“There are some elderly experience people who are not interested in getting any position or money but they are interested in their own country. They want to see their children and their grandchildren become good leaders, respected leaders. These are the people that sit together and discuss the country and advise the government. In every country in the world they have this. We must have this too.”

He said: “New breed without the old breed will breed greed. Throughout history, you find out that the best or the most successful organisation has this kind of combination – the old and the young. The old cannot do it alone nor can the young. You need a combination of the two to complement each other.

“In the same vein, we have to go into history. The purpose of history is to know the past in order to adjust the present and plan for the future. If you ignore the old breed you are wiping out a whole generation and therefore creating a vacuum. Nature does not want a vacuum. Life is a continuous thing. There must be continuity.”

Some weeks ago, the former minister had accused Nigerian leaders of frivolous and extravagant lifestyles.

Sule said some leaders use public funds to send their mistresses to London to have a hairdo.

He said most of the money used by these corrupt leaders were proceeds of oil exploration in Nigeria.

Source:

https://www.naij.com/1015848-tension-elder-statesman-calls-revolution.html

What arrant nonsense from an ingrate. When Nigerians revolted on January 15, 1966 against a bad and corrupted government, Maitama Sule was among the goons that kicked against it. Nigeria has more confused Sule today than it has in 1966.
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by mike85060: 1:02am On Oct 24, 2016
ok

Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by proeast(m): 6:38am On Oct 24, 2016
Imposible in a useless country! irresponsible leaders!! stvpid and myopic citizens!!!
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by EnEnPeecee: 7:23am On Oct 24, 2016
As for me, I prefer a bloody revolution that will annihilate these rogues and crooks thieving our common wealth
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by DozieInc(m): 7:41am On Oct 24, 2016
ok
Re: Nigerians Must Revolt Now – Elder Statesman Maitama Sule by RZArecta(m): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2016
I'm not revolting anything, the zombies who voted Buhari should do so themselves. I've restocked my kitchen store to serve me for some months cool

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Invited by IVANCA to Join Team / Dino Will Reply Soyinka, Respect Is Reciprocal, Dino Take Him To Cleaners joor. / I won't disclose details of my discussion with Buhari - Osibanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.