Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola (47526 Views)

FG To Reintroduce Tolls On Federal Highways / FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola / Road Infrastructure: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by ki02020(m): 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
krendo:
Someone should tell this Tax and Spend guy that he can not raise taxes on the public when the Nation itself is wallowing in waste of oil resources.
Buhari claimed to change our economic fortunes and rebuild Nigeria using savings from corruption. Rather than keep to this promise the APC government is choosing to increase taxes on the public. This is too easy a route to take. Let them show us evidence of their savings from corruption first and proof that APC can be trusted.
Fashola should also cost his project and advise Nigerians how much he thinks he can obtain from this toll roads to build these roads. This is another avenue to reap from the struggles of the average Nigerian.
Nigerians must reject this tax hike! Because that is clearly what this is!

Which one do you want?...that the policy should be rejected by the public OR the money from the policy should be judiciously utilise

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Plus10(m): 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
Why are they seeking for toll gate fees thought they have blocked all loopholes...
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by stevecantrell: 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
Increased electricity tariff
More tolls on the way..
Can This Fashola guy do anything to surprise me ?

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by anath(m): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
Welcome development but Nigeria politicians are not to be trusted. This money will be diverted to their own selfish pocket. I hav one question,what are they using our monthly tax allowance for? Cos I know how much I pay monthly as per tax... I hate this move, it will lead to more financial stresses to nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by idupaul: 6:28pm On Dec 08, 2015
adeyemi2015:

We shouldn't play politics with every national issue pls! Re-introduction of Tolls should be a welcome idea!
The most important thing is; ensuring the proper management of funds generated through the Tolls as well as timely maintenance of the Country's Highways!

First of all ask yourself how well he managed the tolling he set up in LAGOS where the money which was exorbitant was never used to do maintain or even complete the roads...Good as it sounds on paper those who know Fashola know that this is only a ploy to enrich his friends and himself who already run illegal tolling cartels on LAGOS roads

9 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by banki(m): 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
Somepeople will just critisize anything

The guy comes up with a plan, you are critising it some people are even abusing yoruba as if that has anything to do with it

I can safely assume that these are pure haters and sore losers

7 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by ishiamu(m): 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
One chance...

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by adjoviomole(m): 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
It pains me a lot wit d way youths of nigeria think!......questions I want u to ask ur self.the tolls we have,do u know how much dey make in a day. Dey make a lot n yet no good roads still. And mr fashola is coming again with d idea of another toll,who's account does all d money gained from tolls go to?.....nigerians choose to remain slaves under d govmnt. Until we all unleash d power of the masses,nigeria n nigerians will neva benefit frm anythn ,without paying excessively for services not rendered. Smh

8 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by cutetopsey(f): 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
Correct!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Atesunate15(m): 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
good
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by mytime24(f): 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
Xmas gift frm ApC

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by menix(m): 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
The topic should be "FG to re-introduce traffic Gridlock on state borders"...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by koboko69: 6:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
adjoviomole:
It pains me a lot wit d way youths of nigeria think!......questions I want u to ask ur self.the tolls we have,do u know how much dey make in a day. Dey make a lot n yet no good roads still. And mr fashola is coming again with d idea of another toll,who's account does all d money gained from tolls go to?.....nigerians choose to remain slaves under d govmnt. Until we all unleash d power of the masses,nigeria n nigerians will neva benefit frm anythn ,without paying excessively for services not rendered. Smh

Well.i have seen a system where the toll works...even though it is over priced. The lekki to ajah stretch is highly maintained and has employed so many jobless Nigerians. From the toll collectors, to the managers, to the parltrol team,to the highway cleaners, the horticulturists..etc.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by needrealuvabj81: 6:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
nice moves, fashola finallys read my letter to him. its call road tax abroad. i pray they use our road tax to repair the roads and we can wake up 2am and say i want to hit lag b4 7am grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by ThisMeansWAR: 6:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Plus10:
Why are they seeking for toll gate fees thought they have blocked all loopholes...
for maintainance ... Read read read .. Read before you comment ..

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by PHILKINGS(m): 6:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by adjoviomole(m): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
koboko69:

Well.i have see a system where the toll works...even though it is over priced. The lekki to ajah stretch is highly maintained and has employedso jobless Nigerians. From the toll collectors, to the managers, to the parltrol team,to the highway cleaners, the horticulturists..etc.

Yes jobs wer created.but who's account is it goin to?....imagine how much dey make in a day n den tell me nigeria is broke.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by erico2k2(m): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
adeyemi2015:

We shouldn't play politics with every national issue pls! Re-introduction of Tolls should be a welcome idea!
The most important thing is; ensuring the proper management of funds generated through the Tolls as well as timely maintenance of the Country's Highways!
I'm sure if you have to ply that rd to n fro wrk Mon to Fri ur tune of words would be diff. When U say sane could try n check.the govt of these countries they don't invest their capital it's usually private coy who construct and toll the rd. Their tolling usually has a time scale. The govt monitors it's activities.good example is the M60 to Manchester.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by ThisMeansWAR: 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
needrealuvabj81:
nice moves, fashola finallys read my letter to him. its call road tax abroad. i pray they use our road tax to repair the roads and we can wake up 2am and say i want to hit lag b4 7am grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you saw the post by ignorant wailer that said its only in nigeria that road is tolled and his fellow ignorant mofo liking his post cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by idupaul: 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
koboko69:

Well.i have see a system where the toll works...even though it is over priced. The lekki to ajah stretch is highly maintained and has employedso jobless Nigerians. From the toll collectors, to the managers, to the parltrol team,to the highway cleaners, the horticulturists..etc.

You call that road highly maintained?
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by blackpanda: 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
Those hateful wailers will be boiling in the belly looking for anything to complain about. Thunder fire una! grin
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by abbey621(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
krendo:
Someone should tell this Tax and Spend guy that he can not raise taxes on the public when the Nation itself is wallowing in waste of oil resources.

Buhari claimed to change our economic fortunes and rebuild Nigeria using savings from corruption. Rather than keep to this promise the APC government is choosing to increase taxes on the public. This is too easy a route to take. Let them show us evidence of their savings from corruption first and proof that APC can be trusted.

Fashola should also cost his project and advise Nigerians how much he thinks he can obtain from this toll roads to build these roads. This is another avenue to reap from the struggles of the average Nigerian.

Nigerians must reject this tax hike! Because that is clearly what this is!

His tax and build idea worked for Lagos and I believe it will work for the nation. Nigerians still remain one of the least taxed citizens in the world. Our effective tax rate is less than 10%, the reason past governments have failed is partially our fault. It is only when we do our part that we can hold the government accountable for theirs. My family member worked for LIRS for years, you wouldn't believe the number of companies with tax evasions.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Pesuzok(m): 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
chigo931:
Look @ dem yeyuba bigots being happy because your broda plans to extort from Nigerians.

It's only in Nigeria you provide for yourself everytin u need even when yo have a government.

Water=you pay for borehole

Road=you pay toll fee

Electricity=you pay for fuel so that generator can work

To surf the internet =no free wifi,you need to buy your data and if you are not careful social media bill sponsored by Apc senators sends you to jail on top your own data o

To watch cable tv=you pay dstv,startime or gotv

Yet they want igbos to stay in such a hopeless country because they feel they've been too nice to us.

Do you want them free.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Thollulope(m): 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
I love this nikka
continue ur work jae
ah dae ur back

wailers, river niger available

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by hopily(m): 6:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
Its not a bad idea but during the previous administration we had Federal Road Maintenance Agency(FERMA) they were maintaining federal roads without taxing the people and secondly I just hope that when asked about how this toll fee will be spent or is spent they will not say that (I dont sign cheques) all we want is the development of our nation Nigeria!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by adioolayi(m): 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
chigo931:
Look @ dem yeyuba bigots being happy because your broda plans to extort from Nigerians.

It's only in Nigeria you provide for yourself everytin u need even when yo have a government.

Water=you pay for borehole

Road=you pay toll fee

Electricity=you pay for fuel so that generator can work

To surf the internet =no free wifi,you need to buy your data and if you are not careful social media bill sponsored by Apc senators sends you to jail on top your own data o

To watch cable tv=you pay dstv,startime or gotv

Yet they want igbos to stay in such a hopeless country because they feel they've been too nice to us.

Mr Man..tell us where in the World you don't pay for those things

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
Someone should tell this heddiot to construct the road first.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Ambode Bashed For 'Embarrassing' V.P Osinbajo On Instagram (Photo) / Governor Okowa's Daughter Addressing Her Elders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.