Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola (47523 Views)

FG To Reintroduce Tolls On Federal Highways / FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola / Road Infrastructure: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Bestbeelieve: 7:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
koboko69:

Ohohohoho..

Was this ur position when Jonathan incease import duties on used and new cars....even though basic amenities were not in place.

I am sure you were one of the ones saying we have to take a first step ...india did it china did it....bla bla bla.

But for your hatred now.....you are singing another tune

What's talking?I don't drag issues okay?wetin concern import duty with toll gate?so before you open your mouth to talk crap just pocket that finger telling me I was one of those becos you don't know me!
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by chinjo(m): 7:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
adeyemi2015:

http://leadership.ng/news/481760/road-infrastructure-fg-re-introduce-tolls-fashola
What then happens to Obasanjo that decided to demolish all the toll gates across the country without thinking twice? I think he should be made to bear the Cost of constructing the new toll gates all over the federation.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Egie4real: 7:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
When OBJ dismantled the toll gates, he added N1 per a litre of fuel in exchange for the toll fees. Is the Honourable Minister telling us that fuel price will be reduced because of the toll re-introduction?
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Dinocarex(m): 7:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
lookandlaff:
I would gladly pay N2000 as toll from lagos to ibadan if it means the journey takes no more than the 1 hr it's supposed to take. The time lost navigating lagos -Ibadan and all the bad federal highways is worth a lot more than that.

It's not tolling that's the issue, it's the corruption that usually follows these ideas that get people up in arms. What I would hate is to pay tolls on a bad road. I am a Fashola skeptic personally but this govt says it's not business as usual anymore so let's give them a chance. We have to, because if this government fails, Nigeria is doomed.

That road is a death trap... and to believe a president commissioned that road like that is sickening!!!
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dinocarex:

I understand u perfectly well... I will want to believe that the tax on petrol we buy will be removed.
When there was toll, we didn't pay the tax
When we paid the tax, we didn't pay toll
So, why should this one be different??
so what have they done with the one we have been paying?
The governement of this country is grossly irresponsible hence my doubt for any policy they amanate. No single new federal road has been constructed or the old ones perfectly maintained since 70s still we pay tax for these.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by ikkkkk: 7:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
permsec:
A New Sheriff Milkmaid is in town.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ; grin grin grin ; grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Which Tax on fuel abegi? grin
You are buying fuel at a subsidized rate Dude!
grin
please go educate yourself
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Dinocarex(m): 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
menabadoo:
so what have they done with the one we have been paying?
The governement of this country is grossly irresponsible hence my doubt for any policy they amanate. No single new federal road has been constructed or the old ones perfectly maintained since 70s still we pay tax for these.

This is a new govt. It has just spent 7 months. Blame Ot on the past govt.
That's why I have been saying let's be optimistic.
A party has been in power for 16 years and a party just took power.. To win the heart of the citizen, don't u think the latter will want to do outdo the former??
That's why I'm still saying that will should be optimistic.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
I think Nigerians are quite satisfied with the state of the Highways throughout the Country!
How much are we gonna be paying for the Tolls? Travelers are dying daily on the Nigeria Highways and if re-introduction of Tolls would solve the problem, then why can't we grab the opportunity?!
Are we expecting the whole budget to be centred on Roads constructions? Where is the capital to finance Road constructions across the Country?
Please let's put sentiment aside and support the re-introduction of Tolls on the Highways!
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by masseratti: 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Oga fash,pls forget about tolling any federal road,better look for another way to maintain the roads, toll ko kill ni,the majority of the money will go into the pocket of agents.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by agabaI23(m): 7:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by ODUBEZE: 7:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
arresa:

Pay a token tax and get to drive on better roads and bridges, save time and energy, increase productivity and energize your economy or lose your life like thousands of Nigerians dying every year on the death traps you call roads today.

Pick one.

Many of you have what they call penny wise pound foolish syndrome...
Arresa I voiced my opinion feel free to do the same without insulting one!
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by flexxyworld(m): 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
NovusHomo:

Yep, let the State provide infrastructure (roads, railway, airports, seaports, etc,etc; the public will be willing to pay for using them.

My own though too! but we should also look at ensuring a maintenance culture.. I hope this government gets it right generally and make the country a better place for all
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by masseratti: 7:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dinocarex:

Bros, its not extortion its needed. Once a road project is done, there is no need revisiting the road again CU's the money realised from tolling will be used to maintain the road while, the government shift direction to another road project.
It will as well create employment... Do u know how many Nigerians will be employed with the reinvention of the scheme?
It will also reduce, the issue of stolen vehicles..Especially, interstate arm robbery. Once a vehcicle is stolen, u report to the nearest police post and they will inform the toll gate personnel which will hold the car down and deny its passage.
My only fear is misappropriation of the toll gate funds because that was the reason, Obasanjo cancelled it.

And the fare shouldn't be much ooo

God bless Nigeria
please you are already paying that toll money whether you use the road or not anytime you buy a litre of fuel up till now,the question BRF should av asked is NNPC should provide that money, get a contractor that will be in charge of maintaining it for 30 years subject to reviews,am a Fashola fan but he missed this one abeg.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by amtaken(f): 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by dandoki: 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
Yet they want igbos to stay in such a hopeless country because they feel they've been too nice to us.

One gets sick and tired of these typrs of misdirected insinuations. If what the Igbos want is biafra they should be given biafra and let to go. End of story.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Genmayor06(m): 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nice one BRT, The guy has a plan alreadi. Sharp Sharp, kpa kpa

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by arresa: 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
ODUBEZE:

Arresa I voiced my opinion feel free to do the same without insulting one!

Last time I checked my post, I offered advice and not insult. Or maybe you're just incapable of differentiating between advise and insult.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by frisky2good(m): 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
Anyone that comes here to support this rubbish is either too daft to remember why the toll gates were removed or is a paid APC e-rat. Price of petrol has to first go down by at least 1.5 Naira before anyone can talk about bringing back toll gates. After later na dem dem go dey collect the toll.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by needrealuvabj81: 7:55pm On Dec 08, 2015
They don't but road users or car owners pay road tax to maintain htem
menabadoo:
do they have bad roads abroad?
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by masseratti: 7:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
ogmaskman:

The difference between you and the western world is that they actually pay for everything. As long as you work you pay. Over there they pay to park their cars, which is like paying for the road space on which ur car is parked. PAYE is non negotiable. They pay for bad driving and illegal obstructions. They pay to use utilities. They pay for owning big properties. They pay 100% for fuel (no subsidy). They pay for virtually everything and that is why they have everything working for them.

So my dear if one of ur reason for leaving Nigeria is because a "yeloba man" asked you to pay for better service you better have a rethink. If the biafra of your dream is one where everything is free am sorry to say it's DOA already.

My $2 contribution.

Nuf Said...
Nigerians will pay more if those services are truly rendered,but they are not, we are already taxed with N1 per litre, that's much more than what ever you can generate on toll gate on a road.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
Lolz Change re oh! Mugus n magas applauding scam.

Reduce fuel prices if want to bring back toll fee.

Imagine the cost of constructing the toll gates.

15million #lying liars mumu.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by UjSizzle(f): 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
I'd rather these roads are contracted to private companies. Charge them with maintenance and let them take toll fees too.

I don't trust Nigerian government with our money. I just don't.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by knowledgeable: 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
adeyemi2015:

http://leadership.ng/news/481760/road-infrastructure-fg-re-introduce-tolls-fashola

"Yoruba conspiracy and wickedness in action". He knows quite well, Igbos are more on Nigerian roads due to no sea port or a fully functional international airport in the East. For those one Nigeria, watch Fashola craft out a policy were by Igbos in their higher numbers pay more on this tolling taxation with less benefits to federal roads in the East. Fashola have gotten addicted in taxing the Igbos stealthily with no questions ask. His taxation policy in lagos with a unique Igbo focus comes to mind.

Igbos leaders, Ohaneze, mossob, Ipob and etc must fashion out a scientific app solutions on which ethnic group is paying what and benefiting what. National taxation policy must be included in any negotiation between any group from the south East and federal government.

National centralized taxation policy is an absolutely a sure way for wicked yorubas and hausa/fulani to continously economically enslaving Igbos. They very much know the #s, but under the cover of national policy, execute their evil objectives.

This enslavement is what Ipob youths are sacrificing their lives for. Referendum should be encouraged by lovers of freedom to overcome the African tragedy on themselves.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by oglalasioux(m): 8:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
Very welcome if it will be implemented.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by dandoki: 8:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
krendo:
Someone should tell this Tax and Spend guy that he can not raise taxes on the public when the Nation itself is wallowing in waste of oil resources.

Buhari claimed to change our economic fortunes and rebuild Nigeria using savings from corruption. Rather than keep to this promise the APC government is choosing to increase taxes on the public. This is too easy a route to take. Let them show us evidence of their savings from corruption first and proof that APC can be trusted.

Fashola should also cost his project and advise Nigerians how much he thinks he can obtain from this toll roads to build these roads. This is another avenue to reap from the struggles of the average Nigerian.

Nigerians must reject this tax hike! Because that is clearly what this is!
When u get to d toll gate don't pay!
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by COMPAQ(m): 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
chigo931:
Look @ dem yeyuba bigots being happy because your broda plans to extort from Nigerians.

Obj removed tolls due to tax motorists pay (#1.50) from every litre of petrol bought please let's ask him what happens to the money paid over time

It's only in Nigeria you provide for yourself everytin u need even when yo have a government.

Water=you pay for borehole

Road=you pay toll fee

Electricity=you pay for fuel so that generator can work

To surf the internet =no free wifi,you need to buy your data and if you are not careful social media bill sponsored by Apc senators sends you to jail on top your own data o

To watch cable tv=you pay dstv,startime or gotv

Yet they want igbos to stay in such a hopeless country because they feel they've been too nice to us.

Nigerians should go checkout how Libyans lived prior to moamar gadaffi's death. Anyways Remita(remi+tinubu) will be incharge of the tolling.

I'm still waiting for the day a yoruba man will say tinubu should be hanged for corruption,but whenever it's gej u see them vomiting crap from their decayed mouth

The money tinubu+obasanjo stole while in govt is enough to fix all our roads

All those who liked this post must be very dumb. Which country is there where water, electricity, Internet, cable TV is free?? Even what appears free abroad is because they pay appropriate taxes. My peeps abroad tell me you are almost more likely to escape justice for killing somebody than not paying your taxes.

Here we expect University to be free, yet I was recently researching universities abroad and any standard University in the UK will cost UK citizens anywhere from £3500 to £7000. Even in Europe where some universities have free tuition, what you have to pay for books and materials is more than what we pay for tuition here.

We think we are a rich country where the government should do everything, yet we are actually very poor in spite of our oil considering how many we are in Nigeria. Before we start comparing to dubai, native Emirati population is only about 2million. In Nigeria we are 170m!!

However, having said that I can appreciate that the concern us will the money be used judiciously? My strategy for that would be to concession the road for an upfront cost to raise money while the concession aire takes his money from the toll for efficiency. For those of you in Lagos you will agree that the operation of the lekki toll plazas are efficient.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili At Police Station, Arrested Along With Other BBOG Members (Photos / Ugoeze Sally Nmeme Kanu Is Dead! Nnamdi Kanu's Mother Dies In Germany (Video) / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.