Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola (47522 Views)

FG To Reintroduce Tolls On Federal Highways / FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola / Road Infrastructure: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by swizken89: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
chanji
check my signature
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
needrealuvabj81:
nice moves, fashola finallys read my letter to him. its call road tax abroad. i pray they use our road tax to repair the roads and we can wake up 2am and say i want to hit lag b4 7am grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
do they have bad roads abroad?
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Bestbeelieve: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
One step foward 5 steps backwards!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nonsense...of what benefit has the tolls collected in lagos been to the road users in lagos where he came from...
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Dinocarex(m): 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
menabadoo:
do they have bad roads abroad?

If they have not been maintaining it... They will do. Money collected from tolls are used to maintain the roads.
That's why they don't campaign saying... I will build roads.... Blah blah blah
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Prymestrr(m): 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
baby124:
Well every sane country has tolls. It will also limit the criminals that travel from place to place to rob for Christmas. When they think about the fare, they will go and find better work. Plus where is the money for taking care of the roads or building? Every state should have toll. Though the toll should not be an outrageous amount and there should be alternative route. I also think the road networks should be reviewed. For a country like Nigeria, going by road shouldn't take as long as it does. I don't think we are using a good or efficient road network as of now.
Dtz just the issue. Ur country isn't sane. A country where there're provisions for capital projects on concurrent budgets. Yet nothing 2 show for it. Sane countries dt has instituted tolls in their systems has ensured they established n maintained standardised road networks. Not the 100+ potholes per 10 meters road networks we have in Nigeria.
Be wise abeg!
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Dinocarex(m): 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
adjoviomole:
It pains me a lot wit d way youths of nigeria think!......questions I want u to ask ur self.the tolls we have,do u know how much dey make in a day. Dey make a lot n yet no good roads still. And mr fashola is coming again with d idea of another toll,who's account does all d money gained from tolls go to?.....nigerians choose to remain slaves under d govmnt. Until we all unleash d power of the masses,nigeria n nigerians will neva benefit frm anythn ,without paying excessively for services not rendered. Smh

Which federal tolls do we have in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Bestbeelieve: 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
koboko69:

Dunce...even in advance countries. ...they pay for gas, water, electricty, pay tolls too. You owe a dime as at when ur payment is due ..and watch you gas or water supply cut off. Ask your friends in the US, Britain or aby other advance country

Those are nations where amenities work.we should get it right first before drainning the pockets of people who are even on the verge of salary cuts.what manner of policies? Please.....

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dinocarex:

If they have not been maintaining it... They will do. Money collected from tolls are used to maintain the roads.
That's why they don't campaign saying... I will build roads.... Blah blah blah
let them reconstruct the road first before collecting maintenance money. Most federal roads were constructed in the 70s and they didn't maintain nothing with the money that have been collecting before it was abolished.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by samofson: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
More hardship on the people is expected . These ministers have been tasked to be self reliant and generat e a percentage of the funds they require internally.

Fashola was a bit hasty in mentioning this. The PPP model doesn't work in all situations and we cannot call the lekki toll road a successfull PPP as the SPV has already been bought out by LASG due to the cries by the people.

Although toll roads exist in the developed world, a conducive alternative road is always available for those who don't want to use the toll road.

A proper study must be done on our federal roads before you make a blanket statment like tht.

Also there are other ways of paying for a road without tolling creating rest stops and trailer parks, weigh bridging etc.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by banio: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
APC chains. We will chain Nigerians with our policies.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by huthority01(m): 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
After taxing me in claim to use it in facilitating social amenities, I will still have to pay for toll...... Hmmmmm.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Dinocarex(m): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
menabadoo:
let them reconstruct the road first before collecting maintenance money. Most federal roads were constructed in the 70s and they didn't maintain nothing with the money that have been collecting before it was abolished.

Like I said, in my one of my post... That's the reason OBJ cancelled it. Of course, there will be construction of road before toll gate na.
That's the normal sequence and I hope that's what they will follow.
They can't put the cart before the house!!
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
Fashola should channel his energy into creating employment and abolishing poverty, his policies have always been for the rich. Fashola has nothing to offer an average Nigerian.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dinocarex:

Like I said, in my one of my post... That's the reason OBJ cancelled it. Of course, there will be construction of road before toll gate na.
That's the normal sequence and I hope that's what they will follow.
They can't put the cart before the house!!
I hope so because fashola has a way of making policies that will favour only the rich.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by fm7070: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
You want Nigerians to pay through our ass for the road you want to build with our money as we have in lekki and ikoyi where a car is paying #250. There were 2 toll gates on lekki-epe expressway and it took the intervention of FGN to suspend you from milking us from 1 of them. Anyway, Nigerians are waiting and watching. This is wickedness and a method of making the middleman suffer more.
In Ghana, and other west africa countries, we have toll gates, but they charge about #50 on highway and you have them at distance more than 60KM far from each other. If they should try what they are doing in lekki and ikoyi, it will be very baaaaad for them. I swear.

GEJ did the east-west road, no toll; ore-benin express, no toll; lokoja-abuja road, no toll. APC government should not add salt to injury. Especially this Fashola of a guy, his government in Lagos was annihilating. Ranging from his mischievous LASTMA to devilish VIOs and thugs he hired into various task forces, all are targeted at the poor and middle class people. That is why we wanted to vote APC away from Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by koboko69: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
idupaul:

You call that road highly maintained?

Can u tell me a better road in Lagos with that stretch...?
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by abatically(m): 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
baby124:
Well every sane country has tolls. It will also limit the criminals that travel from place to place to rob for Christmas. When they think about the fare, they will go and find better work. Plus where is the money for taking care of the roads or building? Every state should have toll. Though the toll should not be an outrageous amount and there should be alternative route. I also think the road networks should be reviewed. For a country like Nigeria, going by road shouldn't take as long as it does. I don't think we are using a good or efficient road network as of now.

Every sane countries have tolls. It is not a bad thing to have tolls and use the funds generated to maintain the roads. Or should we wait for govt every time tongix damaged roads?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Dinocarex(m): 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
menabadoo:
I hope so because fashola has a way of making policies that will favour only the rich.
For once, my brother, let us be optimistic.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by sokera: 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2015
BrokenTV:
We are finished in this country, upon all the hardship this people done inflict on Nigerians they are still adding more.
you are poor at mind ... Every same country has toll , make your research and see how it works ... I trust Fashola

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by adjoviomole(m): 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dinocarex:

Which federal tolls do we have in Nigeria?

No federal tolls.d lga tolls we have,who's account is d money goin to? Dey make millions in a day n yet no good road,now dey want to take d extortion to federal level......
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by dallyemmy: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
Go to USA, UK, Dubai, South Africa, you name it, their citizens pay toll. People want good things but never ready to pay the price!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
Dinocarex:

For once, my brother, let us be optimistic.
my optimism is driving toward improving the lives of the masses and not extorting the little they make for themselves.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by Bestbeelieve: 7:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
samofson:
More hardship on the people is expected . These ministers have been tasked to be self reliant and generat e a percentage of the funds they require internally.

Fashola was a bit hasty in mentioning this. The PPP model doesn't work in all situations and we cannot call the lekki toll road a successfull PPP as the SPV has already been bought out by LASG due to the cries by the people.

Although toll roads exist in the developed world, a conducive alternative road is always available for those who don't want to use the toll road.

A proper study must be done on our federal roads before you make a blanket statment like tht.

Also there are other ways of paying for a road without tolling creating rest stops and trailer parks, weigh bridging etc.

POINT!!!! True.before you toll a highway there are always alternative routes.can we young brains pls unite and champion a positive agenda for this country.its about time.
Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by braine(m): 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
IyaIode:

Reminds me of ohakim $2.3 million mansion, the ibo thief didn't even find his region liveable
hahaha! Wickedest reply!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by tomakint: 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
tyson99:
I trust fashola
I would implore you to trust God either because Nigeria is still operating on auto-pilot mode......

1 Like

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by chesterlee(m): 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
Another avenue to milk the nation, construct the deadly roads first before you waste billions in constructing toll gates

Fashola is a confirmed thief!!!

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by arresa: 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
krendo:
Someone should tell this Tax and Spend guy that he can not raise taxes on the public when the Nation itself is wallowing in waste of oil resources.

Buhari claimed to change our economic fortunes and rebuild Nigeria using savings from corruption. Rather than keep to this promise the APC government is choosing to increase taxes on the public. This is too easy a route to take. Let them show us evidence of their savings from corruption first and proof that APC can be trusted.

Fashola should also cost his project and advise Nigerians how much he thinks he can obtain from this toll roads to build these roads. This is another avenue to reap from the struggles of the average Nigerian.

Nigerians must reject this tax hike! Because that is clearly what this is!

You think all the wonderful infrastructures you see in developed countries were built from money that fell from the sky?

No, they build their infrastructures with petrol tax and bond measures that the citizenry paid for.

What about all the beautiful schools with world class facilities? The citizenry paid with bonds and special taxes.

You want a better society with plentiful and beautiful roads with world class infrastructures, but you don't want to pay for it.

Some of you need to head back to to the stone age...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: FG To Re-introduce Tolls – Fashola by obailala(m): 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
Chaii... I knew it oooooo

The moment Fashola was made minister for works, I knew Nigerian roads were going to be Pay-As-You-Go. grin grin grin

Anyway, judging with the paucity of funds occasioned by the crash in oil prices, I think the only way Fashola can have any impact, and the only way anything can be achieved in terms of road construction is if tolls are returned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ojbest Is dead; Man Who Made Shoes For Osinbajo Dies / Oby Ezekwesili At Police Station, Arrested Along With Other BBOG Members (Photos / Ugoeze Sally Nmeme Kanu Is Dead! Nnamdi Kanu's Mother Dies In Germany (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.