Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (1767 Views)

I have Gotta Crush On Alampasu, The U-17 Nigerian Goalkeeper / PLSSSS Y'ALL I NEED ADVISE! / Wots Ur Take On Dis Pix? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Eghosa1(m): 10:35pm On Jun 02, 2009
Hey..
Re: . by Oxone(m): 12:43am On Jun 03, 2009
depends on individual, if u both are comfortable with it, then knock yourselves out

as for me - Hell no!!!!!!!!
Re: . by kaypumpin2(m): 12:45am On Jun 03, 2009
It is the "safest" period when you consider unwanted pregnancy.
Re: . by ElRazur: 12:48am On Jun 03, 2009
kay_pumpin:

It is the "safest" period when you consider unwanted pregnancy.

Erm. . . Please stop saying things that are not true. A woman have TWO ovaries, each one of them can make eggs at any point in time regardless. So Ideally, there isn't anything as safe sex the way you are putting it.
Re: . by sistawoman: 12:50am On Jun 03, 2009
It might prevent pregnancy during that time but it will also cause the girl to ovulate sooner than normal because she has had sex on her period.  The body reads that as she not being on her period and gets ready for ovulation, so you might get caught up sooner.

Plus with all the blood that is flowing you are more likely to get HIV because any bump, big hair hole, sore or scratch is open to having blood get into it and thus giving you HIV even if you have on a condom.

Remember HIV can hide in the body for up to 7 years.
Re: . by LadyT(f): 12:52am On Jun 03, 2009
If you can stand the mess and the smell. Personally its a no way in hell for me wink
Re: . by dae(f): 1:04am On Jun 03, 2009
Ewwwwwwwwwww, i'm gonna snap someone's cock!
Re: . by kaypumpin2(m): 1:05am On Jun 03, 2009
ElRazur:

Erm. . . Please stop saying things that are not true. A woman have TWO ovaries, each one of them can make eggs at any point in time regardless. So Ideally, there isn't anything as safe sex the way you are putting it.

Interesting piece!

Never heard of a woman ovulating during menses;when she's supposedly shedding unfertilized eggs  shocked
Re: . by ElRazur: 1:09am On Jun 03, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Interesting piece!

Never heard of a woman ovulating during menses;when she's supposedly shedding unfertilized eggs  shocked

No joke. I read it from sometimes way back smiley.
Re: . by ElRazur: 1:13am On Jun 03, 2009
Just did a few search and all indication shows it is possible - but with a low chance. smiley If I can find the actual article, then yeah I would post it.
Re: . by kaypumpin2(m): 1:23am On Jun 03, 2009
ElRazur:

Just did a few search and all indication shows it is possible - but with a low chance. smiley If I can find the actual article, then yeah I would post it.

Kindly do that whenever you could.
Re: . by sistawoman: 1:23am On Jun 03, 2009
Can You Get Pregnant During Your Period?
Though possible, it is highly unlikely that you will get pregnant during your monthly menstrual cycle. During your period, your body works to shed the uterine lining that it has been building up over the last month, in preparation for pregnancy. When you don't become pregnant, small uterine contractions begin, encouraging the unfertilized egg and unused endometrium to be shed from the uterus and through the vagina. This means that there is no egg in the fallopian tubes to become fertilized and no lining to help a developing embryo to implant properly.

This being said, there is a small possibility of pregnancy during your period. Women often mistake slight bleeding that can occur with ovulation as their period. Unprotected sex at this time can greatly increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Additionally, sperm can live in the female reproductive system for up to three days. Because some women ovulate at the very end of their menstrual periods, sperm may still be alive at this point, and able to fertilize an egg.

http://www.epigee.org/menstruation/sex.html
Re: . by sistawoman: 1:29am On Jun 03, 2009
Menstruation Sex Should Still Be Safe
Just because you are having sex during your period doesn't mean that it's safe to have unprotected sex. "We recommend the usual safe-sex practices when having sex during menstruation," says Flood-Shaffer. "Yes, you can still contract an STD [sexually transmitted disease], so use a condom. This may not apply to monogamous couples who have been together for a long time in a committed relationship."

And although not common, pregnancy risks are still a concern, even during menstruation. "Although it is very rare, there are reported cases of pregnancy in couples who only had sex during menstruation," says Flood-Shaffer. "The likelihood is extremely small but not zero. Generally speaking, this is a very safe time to have intercourse if you’re trying to avoid pregnancy."

"In a committed couple, information about the safety of sexual relations during menstruation may give them a comfort level," she says. "Never understate the importance of safe sexual practices."

For couples who want to explore sex during menstruation, just remember to take your normal safety precautions to prevent unwanted pregnancy and STDs. And with a few alterations to your normal routine, you can enjoy a whole new sexual experience.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/sexual-health/sex-during-your-period.aspx
Re: . by kaypumpin2(m): 1:35am On Jun 03, 2009
sistawoman:

Can You Get Pregnant During Your Period?
Though possible, it is highly unlikely that you will get pregnant during your monthly menstrual cycle. During your period, your body works to shed the uterine lining that it has been building up over the last month, in preparation for pregnancy. When you don't become pregnant, small uterine contractions begin, encouraging the unfertilized egg and unused endometrium to be shed from the uterus and through the vagina. This means that there is no egg in the fallopian tubes to become fertilized and no lining to help a developing embryo to implant properly.

This being said, there is a small possibility of pregnancy during your period. Women often mistake slight bleeding that can occur with ovulation as their period. Unprotected sex at this time can greatly increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Additionally, sperm can live in the female reproductive system for up to three days. Because some women ovulate at the very end of their menstrual periods, sperm may still be alive at this point, and able to fertilize an egg.

http://www.epigee.org/menstruation/sex.html

Thanks sistawoman!

Though i still insist having sexual intercourse during menses is one of the safest naturally.
I was expecting to read a landmark discovery that will totally rubbish my earlier statement with the way El-razur termed my post as "things that are not true".

Super-fecundation does occur in some human,does it make a regular phenomenom in human?

Thanks anyway for pointing out my hasty generalization.

At OP,pardon our off-topic posts ooo!
Re: . by biola44: 10:52am On Jun 03, 2009
Re: . by izeek(m): 11:08am On Jun 03, 2009
i just think its abit to messy to get involved in, wats the hurry, just wait it out.
Re: . by Sasha009(f): 11:16am On Jun 03, 2009
Its a bit disgusting if you ask me, I would rather wait. How Hot can you get for 5 or 6 days?
Well it depends, if you're fine with the mess and the hassle, go for it. Its your life

But yea, there's very very little chance she will get pregnant, women don;t no matter how many times you guys do it when she's having her period. but remember it has to be the early sort of stage of her period, if its getting to the last day or before she finishes, there's a little chance she might conceive
Re: . by izeek(m): 11:21am On Jun 03, 2009
sasha, u talking from expereince?
Re: . by Sasha009(f): 12:46pm On Jun 03, 2009
probably wink
90% of women have done this. yes, its true. But 80% (including me) found out how disgusting it can be so they stopped. grin
Re: . by izeek(m): 12:52pm On Jun 03, 2009
sasha, tanx for being honest.
learn from her, she's got years of experirnce on her.
Re: . by Sasha009(f): 12:55pm On Jun 03, 2009
wtf?
years of experience?? embarassed
Not in that way o. Im a good christian girl
Re: . by IFELEKE(m): 12:59pm On Jun 03, 2009
I did it once(unknowingly) and the mess disgusted me for weeks. . .
@Poster,
Personally, A Big No for me.
Re: . by izeek(m): 1:03pm On Jun 03, 2009
u are within the 80% that that found out its disgusting,
naturally u tried it, countless times if i must add, and found it disgusting.
so u c u got experience.
Re: . by bblacky(f): 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2009
izeek:

u are within the 80% that that found out its disgusting,
naturally u tried it, countless times if i must add, and found it disgusting.
so u c u got experience.
izeeeeeeeeeeek arhhhh, she's a gud xtian gurl, it may b 4rm her frends xperience da she gadad these.
Having sex during menstruation can cause the flow of menstrual blood turn and cause infection in the pelvis, this condition can then spread to other body parts through the open blood vessel on the surface of uterus during menstrual period. its not safe
Re: . by sistawoman: 2:01pm On Jun 03, 2009
bblacky:

izeeeeeeeeeeek arhhhh, she's a gud xtian gurl, it may b 4rm her frends xperience da she gadad these.
Having sex during menstruation can cause the flow of menstrual blood turn and cause infection in the pelvis, this condition can then spread to other body parts through the open blood vessel on the surface of uterus during menstrual period. its not safe

Please post your source of information for this.

As you can see above the sources I found said it is safe.

I think it is disgusting but I dont want anyone reading this to be mislead if it something they like to do.
Re: . by Sasha009(f): 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2009
lol @ izeek.

@ blaccky, you ve got to stop information which is not true. I have never in my 20 something yrs heard that having sex during menstruation causes infection in the pelvis. Aint you a guy? how do you know all these?
Re: . by izeek(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2009
sistawoman,
is it that u looking for mod spot?
the girl contributed, doesn't necessarily have to give u a source.
u can google up.

@bblacky, well sha depends on which traditional herbalist u visited for that information. lol

sasha,
u know i cant misquote u!
its barely what u said am interpretting.
Re: . by sistawoman: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2009
@izeek,

I dont need anymore responsibilities added to my plate.

I just asked for the source because everything I found in my research said it was safe. I dont want someone finding this post and using it as gospel then spreading it other places that it is not safe. Addtionally if it is not safe and my information is incorrect I would like to get the correct information, I dont want to go around spreading my info like it is gospel if it is false.
Re: . by izeek(m): 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2009
@sistawoman,
okay point noted.
all u thread miners, oya source pls.
we don't need no false info.
Re: . by dae(f): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2009
Leviticus 18:19.

(1) (Reply)

~~wahala Dey~~ / Sexkillz Help Me O / Marriage Is Not Guaranty Of Happiness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.