Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari (3441 Views)

PDP Governors Meet At Fayose's House In Abuja Over Supreme Court Judgement / PDP Governors Meet At Fayose's Lodge In Ekiti (Photos) / Fayose Wears White Shorts To Receive Leaders Of Traders At Fayose Market (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by alberson(f): 1:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has described Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state as a tout. Speaking on Wednesday, December 9, at the 10th anniversary of the annual Wole Soyinka Award for Investigative Reporting by the Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism, he said Fayose attacked judges publicly without any consequences. He called on President Muhammadu Buhari to stop impunity especially by the security operatives in the country, Today.ng reports. The Nobel Laureate also urged the government to ensure the laws of the country are respected, including the order of the courts. He noted that the Nigerian military was in the habit of assaulting and harassing members of the public, which according to him does not portray the country as a democratic country. Soyinka said: “There must be an end to unlawful detention. If the court has granted someone a bail, it must be honoured, I don’t care what the offence is. “Anybody or institution that does this can only be compared to that tout in Ekiti. That Fayose, he is a tout. He descended on the judges and attacked them openly without any consequence .” He therefore, challenged security operatives in the country not to take laws into their own hands. Soyinka also insisted that the report of the inquiry into the recent attack by soldiers on the BRT buses in Lagos must be made public. He said the claim by the authorities that the matter had been dealt with militarily was not tenable. The colourful ceremony held last night at the MUSON Centre, Onikan, Lagos. Erstwhile Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), and Professor of Political Science, Attahiru Jega, who played an outstanding role in the success of the 2015 elections and veteran broadcaster Bimbo Oloyede were honoured with the Anti- Corruption Defender Award and the Lifetime Award for Journalistic Excellence, respectively. The award was first held in October 2005 to encourage the development of investigative journalism in the Nigerian media through rigorous scrutiny of human rights violations, regulatory failures and corruption in the public and corporate sectors of the nation.
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by jorlons(m): 1:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
Clearly, fayose cannot be classed into any less a category, as stated by the Prof.

The mediocre's public display, is mostly comical to me, nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2015
Prof no make Fayose remember youooo grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by Cholls(m): 1:12pm On Dec 10, 2015
My brother what can i say?
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Where the stew and sauces?
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
he should go and write novels and stop yawning dust, his head is not up to half of achebe.....................

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by richidinho(m): 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
please who is soyinka?
Is he the former DG, National Zoo management Agency? grin
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by Goke7: 1:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
he should go and write novels and stop yawning dust, his head is not up to half of achebe.....................

The same man supported your biafra cause nah, why the insult?

5 Likes

Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by kolnel: 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
Ok
Can't wait to read fayose's response when he comes back from the market where he has gone to buy meat and ponmo
It will definitely be hilarious and senseless

8 Likes

Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by AtlanticBreeze: 1:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
Soyinka is doing the same thing fayose is doing. Criticising Buhari's impunity... While Soyinka limited his own criticism to the security forces, fayose also criticised the kangaroo judgements of Judges in Buhari's administration.. What is Soyinka now yapping about? Smh

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by henrysam(m): 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2015
The embarrassment Fayose will give this Soyinka is still doing press-up like Burantashi.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by flokii: 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

If I call you fooo0**l now.. dem go ban me..

can't you just shut ur fvcking Igbo mouth up?

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
flokii:

If I call you fooo0**l now.. dem go ban me..

can't you just shut ur fvcking Igbo mouth up?
PAINMENT
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by flokii: 1:39pm On Dec 10, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

PAINMENT

Inferiority complex too dey worry you yeebos...

what has Achebe got to do with this nw?... so we can know ur have his type in Igbo land abi

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by moredollar(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Yet, he's a Nobel laureate, and achebe was........ sad

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by koxyz: 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2015
Fayose the "Ponmo"gomina,we are expecting to see the picture of where you buy your weed and the joint where you drink your kainkain on the social media very soon

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by Blackfire(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
Oga soyinka u yab fayose *cynical laugh*.... Oh i cant wait for fayose punchline.

The one he gave to lai, is still fresh on his face... Something like tying corn on your a.ss ,and dancing naked on the market
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by TimeManager(m): 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Fayose Should Sleep On That No Lie Only Truth!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by T8ksy(m): 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
moredollar:

Yet, he's a Nobel laureate, and achebe was........ sad

......a disgruntled crippled bigot.
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by trulords(m): 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2015
mr fayose supporter club food is ready!!! wailer fc of naija.... start commenting
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by bobbiekrantz: 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2015
flokii:

Inferiority complex too dey worry you yeebos...

what has Achebe got to do with this nw?... so we can know ur have his type in Igbo land abi

When you'll stop involving ibos in your misfortunes and hopelessness.. then..your blood pressure will decrease a Lil bit!

I don't know why you keep taking poison's and having nightmares all because of the ibo nation!..Take heart..
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by bobbiekrantz: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2015
This Old Loser should STFU!...

Seems to me that senility and stupidity is catching up with this dimwit!..
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by joseph1832(m): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Yet Achebe never won the Nobel prize for literature. I see.
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by morbeta(m): 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
Expecting Fayose's inconsequential venom.
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
alberson:
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has described
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state as a tout.
Speaking on Wednesday, December 9, at the 10th
anniversary of the annual Wole Soyinka Award for
Investigative Reporting by the Wole Soyinka Centre
for Investigative Journalism, he said Fayose
attacked judges publicly without any consequences.
He called on President Muhammadu Buhari to stop
impunity especially by the security operatives in the
country, Today.ng reports.
The Nobel Laureate also urged the government to
ensure the laws of the country are respected,
including the order of the courts.
He noted that the Nigerian military was in the habit
of assaulting and harassing members of the public,
which according to him does not portray the country
as a democratic country.
Soyinka said: “There must be an end to unlawful
detention. If the court has granted someone a bail, it
must be honoured, I don’t care what the offence is.
“Anybody or institution that does this can only be
compared to that tout in Ekiti. That Fayose, he is a tout.
He descended on the judges and attacked them openly
without any consequence .”
He therefore, challenged security operatives in the
country not to take laws into their own hands.
Soyinka also insisted that the report of the inquiry
into the recent attack by soldiers on the BRT buses
in Lagos must be made public.
He said the claim by the authorities that the matter
had been dealt with militarily was not tenable.
The colourful ceremony held last night at the
MUSON Centre, Onikan, Lagos. Erstwhile Chairman
of the Independent National Electoral Commission
(INEC), and Professor of Political Science, Attahiru
Jega, who played an outstanding role in the success
of the 2015 elections and veteran broadcaster
Bimbo Oloyede were honoured with the Anti-
Corruption Defender Award and the Lifetime Award
for Journalistic Excellence, respectively.
The award was first held in October 2005 to
encourage the development of investigative
journalism in the Nigerian media through rigorous
scrutiny of human rights violations, regulatory
failures and corruption in the public and corporate
sectors of the nation.

KPOZAAAAAAAA.....SOYINKA 1: 0 FOR YOU, WHEN FAYOSE HANDLE YOU IT WOULD LIKE CHELSEA 1: 0 LIVERPOOL
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
alberson:
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has described
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state as a tout.
Speaking on Wednesday, December 9, at the 10th
anniversary of the annual Wole Soyinka Award for
Investigative Reporting by the Wole Soyinka Centre
for Investigative Journalism, he said Fayose
attacked judges publicly without any consequences.
He called on President Muhammadu Buhari to stop
impunity especially by the security operatives in the
country, Today.ng reports.
The Nobel Laureate also urged the government to
ensure the laws of the country are respected,
including the order of the courts.
He noted that the Nigerian military was in the habit
of assaulting and harassing members of the public,
which according to him does not portray the country
as a democratic country.
Soyinka said: “There must be an end to unlawful
detention. If the court has granted someone a bail, it
must be honoured, I don’t care what the offence is.
“Anybody or institution that does this can only be
compared to that tout in Ekiti. That Fayose, he is a tout.
He descended on the judges and attacked them openly
without any consequence .”
He therefore, challenged security operatives in the
country not to take laws into their own hands.
Soyinka also insisted that the report of the inquiry
into the recent attack by soldiers on the BRT buses
in Lagos must be made public.
He said the claim by the authorities that the matter
had been dealt with militarily was not tenable.
The colourful ceremony held last night at the
MUSON Centre, Onikan, Lagos. Erstwhile Chairman
of the Independent National Electoral Commission
(INEC), and Professor of Political Science, Attahiru
Jega, who played an outstanding role in the success
of the 2015 elections and veteran broadcaster
Bimbo Oloyede were honoured with the Anti-
Corruption Defender Award and the Lifetime Award
for Journalistic Excellence, respectively.
The award was first held in October 2005 to
encourage the development of investigative
journalism in the Nigerian media through rigorous
scrutiny of human rights violations, regulatory
failures and corruption in the public and corporate
sectors of the nation.

KPOZAAAAAAAA.....SOYINKA 1: 0 FOR YOU, WHEN FAYOSE HANDLE YOU IT WOULD LIKE CHELSEA 1: 3 LIVERPOOL
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by flokii: 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
bobbiekrantz:

When you'll stop involving ibos in your misfortunes and hopelessness.. then..your blood pressure will decrease a Lil bit!

I don't know why you keep taking poison's and having nightmares all because of the ibo nation!..Take heart..

lol... all d girls wey dey fall for me na yeeboos...

even d one wey I wan diee on top her matter now na Igbo too

so you see... no love from d yoruba girls or mayb m d one not always interested..

#oneNigeria
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by WaleFolarin: 5:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by omolami: 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2015
Shoyinka is afraid of addressing the issue. He is accusing Buhari in a way and tactically by saying Courts laws should be obeyed, no matter what .He knows its Buhari that refuses to release alledged offenders despite court granting them bails. Shoyinka has no confidence to tell it strait to buhari's face Coward, deceived MKO and sought asylum abroad .afterwards. Yeyeman
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by sammyj: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
At the end of it all Fayose will be the Biggest M*ron governor Nigeria will ever have!!!
Re: Soyinka Takes A Swipe At Fayose, Advises Buhari by Trioxocarbonate: 6:17pm On Dec 10, 2015
Great!!!

Fayose is a motor park tout - Willie Obiano.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Implications Of Shell Shutting Down Operations In Nigeria / Please Help Me, My Wife Just Cheated On Me. / Difference Between APC And PDP Edo Presidential Rally(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.