Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists - Politics (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists (669210 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (157) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Kzeals: 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
Its so pathetic and unfortunate for these biafrats. I stand by Seun 100%. All they harbour in their heart is hatred, can't even reason. Rotten things!

6 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by kaydkay(m): 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
The hatred that has taken over this forum just before and after the elections had made me spend less and less time on it.

Fact of the matter is if Jonathan had won the election our brothers and sisters from the SE wouldn't have been this bitter, aggrieved or violent.

I wish them well in their quest for a Nation of their own in as much as it is fought for peacefully.

The Ban by Seun is in order. He is in it for business now, companies advertise on this forum and I don't think any right thinking corporation will want to advertise their services and products on a forum filled with hate speech done by barely literate and gullible folks.

I can bet my two cents that somebody is going to quote me and rain abuses which will just confirm that the ban is the best thing that has happened to NL for quite some time.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 10:52pm On Dec 10, 2015
Anonymous is coming smiley
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by wirinet(m): 10:52pm On Dec 10, 2015
martyns303:

How do the 2 events correlate? One is an act of terrorism. Wales is trying to break off from the UK, has Facebook enacted a law prohiting people from using Facebook to advance their course? Or have Facebook banned people agitating for the breakaway?

Then you are free to continue your Biafran insults and war chants on Facebook, afterall, Jonathan brought Facebook to Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
cry cry
This whole thing makes me so sad. Why all the hate tho? im not Igbo but i love them and their language and rich culture. Im always proud to say im associated with them as a Nigerian. i feel the same way about yorubas. Amazing people
WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? this tribal hatred stuff has gone past the laughable jokes now. It makes me wanna cry sometimes when i see my people tearing themselves apart.
Smh

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by oyinkinola: 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
But how biafra can't live alone and can't live together, were they parasite? biafra had failed from the begining, they were the jewish diaspora need to return to their promised land in israel but claiming territory in Nigeria, they were on cross- road...displayed israel flag along biafra's in their protest resently is a criminal act, do they have authoritative right to use the flag of any country.... israel in their protest before getting the world attentions ?, resently they went to senegal displayed the biafra flag in the the stadium during Nigeria Egypt match embarassed everybody especialy the host country wasn't that criminal act? they were shame to this nation! who blame seun for taken such necessary decision at right time? if biafra want to go to war they need not to drag anybody anlong with them, kudo SEUN, YOU ARE REAL SON OF YORUBA, WHO KNOW WHAT TO DO AT THE RIGHT TIME. GOD BLESS YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by asEdeyHOT: 10:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
Franklyly:
I am pro Biafran. .........And yes, you all should be sacred of us, Seun included. we hav obviously won the media war, we came with superior arguments and best you dumb ppl can do is to ban us Bleep all of u dat supports d rubbish, no wonder Nnamdi called Nigeria a zoo with baboons incapable of reasoning at all, you all shud be sacred cuz Biafra is coming!

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by martyns303(m): 10:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
wirinet:

Then you are free to continue your Biafran insults and war chants on Facebook, afterall, Jonathan brought Facebook to Nigeria.

Dude, I am not even Igbo, Neither am I in support of Biafra, go through my post, I have never said anything for or against their agitation. What am saying is that NL is now a big establishment, seun can't be running it like a kiosk.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Macgreat(m): 10:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
I Like Ooo
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Ugosample(m): 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
As a thoroughbred igbo boy, recent events in the country makes me so sad. Seun, though having seemingl
good intentions voided big time here. I personally am not in support of Biafra but that does not mean that those who are in support of it cannot voice their opinions out, after all it is a democracy.

However, the silly president we have is pouring fuel to the fire with the way he is handling the whole issue, like it is a trivial one, and with the detention of Nnamdi Kanu, you make him look like a martyr.

And the silly comments made by some elements from other tribes is even adding more fuel to the fire. When someone is agitating to leave and you don't want him to leave, you make them feel welcomed so that they would consider staying. But with the stupid comments from some ethnic groups (especially Yoruba people, I have to point fingers here) they are even adding more fuel to the fire.

I love in Lagos and I know what I went through during the elections especially the Lagos elections with the whole lagoon statement and everything. It is just unfortunate.
That said, we need to be welcoming to ourselves and make every one feel like they belong to the country, if this country is to remain one (which I wish anyway) We cannot claim to be one country and you don't make one ethnic group feel unwelcomed, neither would lagoon statements be made if we are to remain a country

Am just angry and I am typing discordantly. I hope you all see the message I am trying to pass anyway. Good night.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by princealexndre(m): 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
well to me as a yoruba boy...i think there should be freedom of speech anywhere..you say whatever you like...biafra or no biafra

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by olumide4christ: 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
I really believe this step by Seun is timely. Sometimes I wonder if the Biafra people are really serious about their requests or if they really understand what they are asking for.
I frequent places like Idumota/Adeniji Adele regularly, I know so many Igbos as neighbours, church brethren, acquaintances, etc doing business successfully, infact I was at Ladipo today to get a car part, seeing the masses of Igbo people hustling daily & making thousands & millions, not to talk of those at Aspamda, Alaba International, Orile/Odunade, etc, the question I ask myself is that will all these people be willing to close their lucrative businesses to go back to Biafra & start afresh?
Would they have enough customers in Biafra to sustain their current income/turnover?
Who would be the Biafran leaders? Would they be from the US where corruption hasn't eaten into their blood? Would they be united and agree on who would lead them without rancour, unlike the typical Nigerian mentality?
So so many unanswered questions on this Biafran agitation.

I believe in ONENIGERIA!
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Ugosample(m): 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
MissGdope:
cry cry
This whole thing makes me so sad. Why all the hate tho? im not Igbo but i love them and their language and rich culture. Im always proud to say im associated with them as a Nigerian. i feel the same way about yorubas. Amazing people
WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? this tribal hatred stuff has gone past the laughable jokes now. It makes me wanna cry sometimes when i see my people tearing themselves apart.
Smh

I'm tired of all these. 60 percent of my friends are Yoruba and we get along. where is all these hate coming from? And the politicians are to blame for all these mass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by wirinet(m): 10:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
gentlelarry:
talk about the igbo's alone and leave the niger delta out of it! They are not igbo's you know! They even hate the Igbo's more than yoruba or hausa! They will never buy to dis idea yeye biafra or what gibberish do u call it. You think they don't know u people are after their resources!
My brother the tin tire me o. some Igbos can no longer pronounce Igbo without adding Niger delta. Meanwhile, we the original Nigerdeltan never involve Igbos in any of our affairs.

All our leaders have dissociated themselves from Igbo agenda, them no gree. This one na by force marriage o.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Librate(m): 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
Posterity will judge me if idon't comment...
sad
seun u av given me anoda reason to believe in BIAFRA

on Biafra I stand

I will be glad to chop ban cool

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 10, 2015
martyns303:

How do the 2 events correlate? One is an act of terrorism. Wales is trying to break off from the UK, has Facebook enacted a law prohiting people from using Facebook to advance their course? Or have Facebook banned people agitating for the breakaway?
When? How? I live in Wales and this is news to me. Maybe youre mistaking Wales for scotland

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by solash: 11:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
This is very wrong. I don't agree with you at all.

A country gets better when there's is true and sincere discussions.
Why can't you come up with superior arguments to counter the promoters of Biafra.

For this action, I must say that SEUN is a big diisgrace to all lovers of liberty, dialogue and freedom of speech.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by asEdeyHOT: 11:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
solash:
This is very wrong. I don't agree with you at all.

A country gets better when there's is true and sincere discussions.
Why can't you come up with superior arguments to counter the promoters of Biafra.

For this action, I must say that SEUN is a big diisgrace to all lovers of liberty, dialogue and freedom of speech.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
Ugosample:

I'm tired of all these. 60 percent of my friends are Yoruba and we get along. where is all these hate coming from? And the politicians are to blame for all these mass.
It just shocks me so much that black people can abuse each other in such a disgusting manner but its the same people that will be quick to call a white man racist. I used to know Nigerians for their kind and welcoming nature but now everyone just seems to hate each other sad

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by GIYAZZ(m): 11:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
MuhdG:

Ma guy. Do u also support biafra stuff?
You can't keep pushing one to the wall and don't expect him to push back.

I love Nigeria and I want it to stand. But what I don't support is depriving people their right to express their feelings and desires.

Nairaland is a public forum, and banning of Topics related to Biafra or her movement is wrong. Very wrong!

They should be allowed conversation and argument as this will provoke the government to act fast. Bullying them into silence is savagery!
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by martyns303(m): 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
MissGdope:

When? How? I live in Wales and this is news to me. Maybe youre mistaking Wales for scotland

Scotland, my bad.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by decepticos(m): 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
its business lets let it lie, nah mean. all joy is lot already making it worse is of no use.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by wirinet(m): 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
martyns303:

Dude, I am not even Igbo, Neither am I in support of Biafra, go through my post, I have never said anything for or against their agitation. What am saying is that NL is now a big establishment, seun can't be running it like a kiosk.
Look, i never had anything against the Biafran agitations itself, it is non of my business, but my quarrel is the methods they employ to go about it. Now, tell me how many media organizations - both main stream and social, would allow the level of insults, threats, intimidation and outright hate displayed by these Biafran agitators. They would ruin the integrity of that media organization in a short time. It got so bad that at one time most topics in the politics section were vulgar insults between Biafran agitators and other Nigerian tribes.

I repeat no other media organizations would take that nonsense. If they are really serious about using online media to promote Biafra, they should buy a domain, pay for webpage and host a website for such purpose. All Biafrans of similar ideas would use the site.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Kingsteve(m): 11:12pm On Dec 10, 2015
MissGdope:

I guess your own black genes is why youre so stewpid right? Or are you white? Ode

Otu nne gi there! tongue

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by ifyalways(f): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Why is this up for debate?

Website owner says he doesn't want Biafra discussions, why not carry the discussions somewhere else?

I don't even get the rants and noise undecided

Why not start a new website or join existing ones then peacefully " Biafra" as much as you want? Must it be on NLD?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by vekanem(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
I am a Nigerian. What happens to freedom of speech? You are a business man and should be careful when making such decisions. Banning is not the solution. I just hope you are sure about this. I feel your attention has been called that's why you took such a decision . But I definitely know that you got this one wrong .
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Kingsteve:

Otu nne gi there! tongue

Translation... undecided
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Topmaike007(m): 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).
oga seun you go block people tire

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by princealexndre(m): 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2015
Obosiland:
seems you have seen the bank alart,Yoruba people.am not surprise, your forefathers did same but now you can't stop us.all must hail Biafra
Blacks still gonna think like blacks...just listen to your self speak....GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by solash: 11:17pm On Dec 10, 2015
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by ChappyChase: 11:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
StunningCEO:

Ode.....mynd44....
Why you dey call ham? Na him dey help you hold your dick when you wan piss?
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).

people taking thrselves too seriously..
why not ban thread on BIAFRA
shows Ur bias.

U allow thread against biafra but but thread dat support biafra. Mr man fear God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (157)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.