Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists - Politics (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists (669943 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (157) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by ndubueze92(m): 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).
Well said, I will have to bare a few things... Firstly, each time I see a topic on politics... The kind of reactions there makes you realize how divided Nigerians are! For me the mods should crackdown on Ethnic prejudiced E- warriors. Secondly i once replied a mention mildly and was banned while the other guy went away freely ... Since then... I rather go to romance section where people are relatively objective about life... Or stay off, it's painful... Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by explura: 6:12pm On May 01, 2017
I feel so pissed when I hear my Igbo brothers passionately talking about Biafra.. I just wish they knew better.. Having read to some degree on the Biafra war and the post war period, I've concluded that secession is not the solution at all.. Okay, they want an exclusive Igbo land abi? If you are Igbo, tell yourself the truth and tell me the figurations from your widest imaginations on a sovereign nationhood of Ndi Igbo.. It will definitely be grim..

Having stayed with persons from different tribes, I've come to appreciate the multi ethnic nature of Nigeria. And it's pathetic to witness how the different tribes are suspicious of each other.

How long should we remain in the hopelessly sealed tag of victims?

We will be better off if we decide to sort out our differences, accept our uniqueness and forge on to see what we could make out of this nation. It's not too late.. There's much hope for Nigeria!

And should they succeed in their biafra thing, i will quietly resign and become Yoruba.. One Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mandax: 12:39am On May 05, 2017
explura:
I feel so pissed when I hear my Igbo brothers passionately talking about Biafra.. I just wish they knew better.. Having read to some degree on the Biafra war and the post war period, I've concluded that secession is not the solution at all.. Okay, they want an exclusive Igbo land abi? If you are Igbo, tell yourself the truth and tell me the figurations from your widest imaginations on a sovereign nationhood of Ndi Igbo.. It will definitely be grim..

Having stayed with persons from different tribes, I've come to appreciate the multi ethnic nature of Nigeria. And it's pathetic to witness how the different tribes are suspicious of each other.

How long should we remain in the hopelessly sealed tag of victims?

We will be better off if we decide to sort out our differences, accept our uniqueness and forge on to see what we could make out of this nation. It's not too late.. There's much hope for Nigeria!

And should they succeed in their biafra thing, i will quietly resign and become Yoruba.. One Nigeria!

Can't you write without exposing yourself as an impersonator?

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by explura: 8:15pm On May 05, 2017
mandax:

Can't you write without exposing yourself as an impersonator?
it's an awesome thing to be tagged an impersonator for letting out one's deepest thoughts.. Besides, it's a free world.. Imagine all you can!
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by khanS(m): 7:45am On May 06, 2017
This is not fair, Freedom of speech should be enjoyed by everyone.....im surprised your new rule trampled on the right to speech provided in the constitution of the federal Republic of Nigeria......i sure hope this decision will seek redress

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Naikkie(f): 4:09pm On May 06, 2017
In recent times, on almost every issue, Nlanders are ethnically and religiously divided. I fear for the present generation, we need to see beyond this divide.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Neddstark: 7:25am On May 07, 2017
In a time when the world is coming together, i wonder why some people want to disunite. In the bigger picture, it wont pay them

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by donqx: 2:50pm On May 10, 2017
hmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (157)

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.