Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists - Politics (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists (668938 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (157) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Mospring(m): 8:49am On Jul 08, 2017
we didn't invite saraki to put it to vote... its vetoed already.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Flashh: 7:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
BiafranPrince:
Seun, remove this thread.
Ditto!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 10, 2017
BedLam:
You should have let this slide. Stifflling them will give them more power. You dull for this one.

and believe me it has given us more power

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 10, 2017
BedLam:
You should have let this slide. Stifflling them will give them more power. You dull for this one.

and believe me it has given us more power

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Emokai3(m): 8:50am On Jul 11, 2017
seun is just trying to shut the igbos and Niger deltans up from defending themselves..

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 13, 2017
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).
How market na grin

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by OjadikesBlog(m): 9:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nice one
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by OjadikesBlog(m): 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
Sir Seun.. .even though you didn't study mass communication, I will advise you learn some public relations and advertising techniques... We call it PRAT. YOU own a forum where people from all tribes in Nigeria belong. In a time like this, media personnels like you don't meddle into politics.. . You will never hear or see Linda Ikeji talking about Biafra... Ovie of NOTJUSTOK , Jide ogunsanya of Ogbongeblog, Noble Igwe of 360nobs, Uche Eze of Bellanaija, Chude Jideonwo of Ynaija, Loy okieze of Techloy, Laila Ikeji of Lailasblog and above all Makinde Azeez of Naijaloaded cannot talk about Biafra like this, because they know it is a very sensitive issue. .. Biafra is in the blood of every average igbo guy and they are very plenty on this forum. .. Now don't you think this set of guys who chant Biafra or death can decide to leave your forum thereby decreasing your traffic? What joy will it give you if you have only Hausa and your Yoruba brothers on your forum? Think about it. .. I don't support Biafra but I'm just being concerned about the effect of this post on your forum....

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by governor2022(m): 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
you seun this message you just pass is a hate message so you deserve to be banned but. #i_stand_with_ipob
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by USSSFEDERATION: 1:27pm On Jul 17, 2017
dear brother , its said you can force a horse to the river but can never force it to drink from it , people now love your web , but all you can now do is bang at them , but lets come to think of it i do perfectly know the complications of publishing this things people do , but you must never doubt in fear , people have right to agitate for what they believe in, so please let them have a little freedom , biafra , oduduwa , arewa , and united states of south south are in nigeria , they all need their freedom and independence
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Cour(m): 2:53pm On Jul 17, 2017
Yes Bro
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Tampinu(m): 1:44am On Jul 18, 2017
warrior01:
You go ban tire na. So what happens to freedom of expression and beliefs? So Yorubas are free to aspire and promote their Odua beliefs and Hausas, Arewa but Igbos of course are to be banned to talk or aspire for their beliefs in Biafra. Highly disappointed in you Seun.

What stops you from coming up with a superior argument why they should remain in Nigeria? Why are you so scared to discuss Biafra? Must we all have the same line of thoughts or intellectual discourse? I reject being or tagged a zombie where a fellow man will dictate what I discuss.

Whilst I take on board your comments above, especially with regards to freedom of expression and belief, it is also imperative that we respect the rules of the forum which the Admin has listed. The peaceful route for anyone who does not agree with certain jurisdictions would be to remove themselves from that jurisdiction. Seun, has not forced or coerced anyone to be a member of Nairaland and if one is unable to abide by the rules then one is within one's rights to unilaterally remove one's self.

Having said that, even the name of the forum "Nairaland" portrays a degree of Nigerian unity as it partly represents the Federal currency etc

Also, I am unaware of Yorubas or Hausas using this forum to pursue cessessionist causes and will be interested to see any evidence in that regard.

Over and above all this, Nigeria remains one as we speak and it may have dire security and legal consequences should Nairaland be found to be harbouring such aggitations, especially considering the current precarious state of things in Nigeria.

Please don't feel ignored, gagged or otherwise discriminated against, for the Admin to tolerate such clamour on this massive forum will leave room for people who can abuse the system one way or the other and maybe the Admin. do not have the adequate resources to closely monitor all activities considering the size of the Forum

Peace

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Tampinu(m): 2:08am On Jul 18, 2017
Emokai3:
seun is just trying to shut the igbos and Niger deltans up from defending themselves..

How? Seun is not stopping them from setting up their own Forum and doing what they please.
Hold on, if Nigerian Police arrest Seun for promoting cessession on his forum is it you who will pay to bail him? Will you put your money where your mouth is and swap places with him?

Or will you continue to hide anonymously behind computer screens and type what you please?

Think about it..

Peace
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Tampinu(m): 2:31am On Jul 18, 2017
preshdawesome:
Placing a ban on secessionists is as good as banning the Igbo's on nairaland [color=#990000][/color] angry

Not really.

Ok, I have a fair and reasonable proposal regarding this matter.

The Nigerian Police are notoriously aggressive and oppressive; instances of false arrests have ceased to be headline news since the time of Fela..

Now, God Forbid, and considering that Nigeria is still a united Federal entity as we speak; suppose the Nigerian Police arrest or otherwise prosecute Seun/Nairaland for allowing the clamour for a divided Nigeria on Nairaland and there are court fees associated with Seun's defence, how will that financial requirement be met?

Whereas, Seun can lawfully and reasonably set out rules on the forum stating unequivocally that the forum does not support and will not condone the clamour for a broken Nigeria. See the reasoning?

I propose that Seun should raise a N5-Million (Naira) "Miscellanous Legal Fund" for such potential eventualities; this fund will be mostly contributed to by those who are asking for the chance to make comments and promouncements that are capable of trigerring such Police intervention.

At the end of each year, we can have a draw/lottery of diffrent towns/cities/or state where any unspent funds can be distributed by feeding, clothing and taking care of the poor and needy, perhaps in local charities and orphanages etc

What do you all say?
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Tampinu(m): 2:35am On Jul 18, 2017
governor2022:
you seun this message you just pass is a hate message so you deserve to be banned but. #i_stand_with_ipob

Seun has been advised to set up a legal fund in case the Police accuse him of promoting a divided Nigeria by allowing such comments on Nairaland; how much are you willing to contribute to that fund?

Peace
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by ahmedmccoy(m): 9:41am On Jul 18, 2017
I don't know what the Igbos have that they are agitating for self dependence. U better go and ask those that were physically present during the 1967/1970 civil war, then u will launch a vitriolic attack on that beast that called himself Nnamdi KANU. Even if u were given this independence, the defunct Bendel state citizens will not allow u to be the president. So, go and rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2017
ahmedmccoy:
I don't know what the Igbos have that they are agitating for self dependence. U better go and ask those that were physically present during the 1967/1970 civil war, then u will launch a vitriolic attack on that beast that called himself Nnamdi KANU. Even if u were given this independence, the defunct Bendel state citizens will not allow u to be the president. So, go and rest
why are you crying more than the bereaved. We want to go and suffer yes. WE WANT TO GO. We have hatred on the name Nigeria. Support us please

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Tampinu(m): 10:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
okochaik:
why are you crying more than the bereaved. We want to go and suffer yes. WE WANT TO GO. We have hatred on the name Nigeria. Support us please

Maybe because of the shortest verse in the Holy Bible, John 35:11 (KJV)
Re: Crying... cry
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Tampinu(m): 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
Tampinu:

Not really.

Ok, I have a fair and reasonable proposal regarding this matter.

The Nigerian Police are notoriously aggressive and oppressive; instances of false arrests have ceased to be headline news since the time of Fela..

Now, God Forbid, and considering that Nigeria is still a united Federal entity as we speak; suppose the Nigerian Police arrest or otherwise prosecute Seun/Nairaland for allowing the clamour for a divided Nigeria on Nairaland and there are court fees associated with Seun's defence, how will that financial requirement be met?

Whereas, Seun can lawfully and reasonably set out rules on the forum stating unequivocally that the forum does not support and will not condone the clamour for a broken Nigeria. See the reasoning?

I propose that Seun should raise a N5-Million (Naira) "Miscellanous Legal Fund" for such potential eventualities; this fund will be mostly contributed to by those who are asking for the chance to make comments and promouncements that are capable of trigerring such Police intervention.

At the end of each year, we can have a draw/lottery of diffrent towns/cities/or state where any unspent funds can be distributed by feeding, clothing and taking care of the poor and needy, perhaps in local charities and orphanages etc

What do you all say?

Ok, Let's discuss the benefits of setting up such a fund:

-It will mean that people are putting their money where their mouth is (Talk is cheap, er, but is it, really?)
-There is financial contingency plans in place in case of any legal consequences for NL as a result of secessionist's related offences on NL
-It will show that NL members are not selfish, they care about the existence of NL and are willing to support NL effectively
-Shows we are willing to effectively work together to collectively resolve our differences and pay into a common purse for common good
-We can set the standard for senior govt officials and show that corruption and division is not the norm or Nigerian tradition etc
-Poor people will benefit all around the country each year, and further sense of unity
-Many secessionist champions will be richer for it as they would go to "free" platforms to discuss secession and save a few $$$
-Concerns about people coming to use NL to violate Nigeria's constitution would have been addressed, as nobody is likely to pay to the fund and so nobody is allowed to violate Nigeria's constitution in that regard (most secessionists who insist on violating the constitution are likely to choose to use a FREE platform to do so)
-It will be a gentle reminder to one and all that NL is an entity that is responsible forum; and it will also show that NL members are willing to support NL or are at least the will have more reasons to consider the implications of their actions on NL.
-It will answer the question: "What shall happen to NL if Nigerian Police/govt prosecute NL for secessionist discussions by NL members who claim to be exercising their rights to freedom of expression and self-determination?" or "How does NL meet legal costs of federal offences in that regard?" etc

Any questions? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (157)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.