Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,011 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala (28530 Views)

Executive And Legislative Arms Are On The Same Page – Minister. / Saraki: ‘you Have No Power To Summon Justice Umar’, SERAP Tells Senate / Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by carinmom(f): 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
Last I checked,
Security is also a basic need.

She said, and I quote

The Onus is now on Dasuki and GEJ to provide evidence on how said funds was appropriated.

Give the woman a breather please.
Oh i thought your hero was infallible
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

No, she didn't.
She gave her reasons based on
1. The peculiar nature of inteligence and security.
2. The NSA’s office was to account for the spending to the President who was the Commander in Chief, given the fact that the Minister of Finance is not part of the security architecture and does not participate in the Security Council.

Even in everyday life, sometimes, certain amounts are entrusted in our care for errands which the sender isn't too sure of the nitty gritties.
They ususally do so with a strict reminder in the lines of "When You come Back, You Must Account For This Money O"...
If she didn't talk about accountability at all, that would have been a different ball game.

Again, I insist that Dasuki and co, should be the ones giving the accounts (if they haven't done so already).

And millions of dollars of unbudgeted, undeclared money are' certain amounts'?

By your defense, we can take it that madam NOI was little more than a wilfully blind rubber stamp who was fully aware of what was going down, but decided her ambitions as NOI 2019 were more important than preserving the commonwealth of Nigeria.

And this was a so-called coordinating minister.

How did noi plan on lending money to an agency that does not generate income?

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
plaetton:

This is Stuuuuupid.

At the height of the boko haram manace , this same id.iots were crying that Jonathan was not doing enough to fight boko haram.

Now that it has been shown that Jonathan was genuinely committed to fighting boko haram manace in the North, why are the people that were given the money to fight boko haram not being held responsible ?

Why are these cowardly idi.ots picking on the former minister of finance?
Is it because she is a woman and and a south Easterner?

Security comes first before anything else in governance.
That fact is obvious to many Nigerians who have been victims of boko haram.

How the money was spent is what we should all focus on, not who approved it.
Where iss ur brain? Is Dansuki also from d east? Is Bafarawa from d east? Is Yuguda from d east? Is Dokpesi from d east? Ibos will alws defend a thief jus because he is their brother! Yorubas, Hausas and the SS pple will never do that! We sshud allow this disgusting biafrag creatures to go jare!

3 Likes

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
shey bi the security money now has been diverted to gej's failed reelection bid ... You head no correct at all ..
You are yet to prove that
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 3:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

No, she didn't.
2. The NSA’s office was to account for the spending to the President who was the Commander in Chief, given the fact that the Minister of Finance is not part of the security architecture and does not participate in the Security Council.

Even in everyday life, sometimes, certain amounts are entrusted in our care for errands which the sender isn't too sure of the nitty gritties.
They ususally do so with a strict reminder in the lines of "When You come Back, You Must Account For This Money O"...
If she didn't talk about accountability at all, that would have been a different ball game.

Again, I insist that Dasuki and co, should be the ones giving the accounts (if they haven't done so already).
Sentiments

There is a law. Did she break the law YES OR NO?

What is the law ?

E - Powers and Control over Public Funds

80. (1) All revenues or other moneys raised or received by the Federation (not being revenues or other moneys payable under this Constitution or any Act of the National Assembly into any other public fund of the Federation established for a specific purpose) shall be paid into and form one Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation.

(2) No moneys shall be withdrawn from the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation except to meet expenditure that is charged upon the fund by this Constitution or where the issue of those moneys has been authorised by an Appropriation Act, Supplementary Appropriation Act or an Act passed in pursuance of section 81 of this Constitution.

(3) No moneys shall be withdrawn from any public fund of the Federation, other than the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation, unless the issue of those moneys has been authorised by an Act of the National Assembly.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by ThisMeansWAR: 3:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Don't mind the fools !! What is road and water if you are not alive to enjoy it!! Security is very very important and is a key human necessity!! Those waiting for NOI to apologize would wait for a very long time
why didn't she tell serap the money was for security ? Why is that so hard for her?..no one would have asked for her head Oh yeah she is probably part of the security scam ..
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by eltweezy90(m): 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
And somebody will come and be blaming GEJ, even people wey d work for world bank d divert money... How come person wey only work for Otueke(bayelsa) no go chop! See diz koboko wey dey my hand so, Ngozi okonjo if you no bring that money now now make dem use am pay unemployment allowances, I go peel your back today today.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by asapeola(m): 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

How come it took you so long
Actually my first time of directly replying u! sorry for the "lateness"
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 3:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Which law exactly was broken and what charges would establish against them

Nigerian constitution

E - Powers and Control over Public Funds

80. (1) All revenues or other moneys raised or received by the Federation (not being revenues or other moneys payable under this Constitution or any Act of the National Assembly into any other public fund of the Federation established for a specific purpose) shall be paid into and form one Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation.

(2) No moneys shall be withdrawn from the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation except to meet expenditure that is charged upon the fund by this Constitution or where the issue of those moneys has been authorised by an Appropriation Act, Supplementary Appropriation Act or an Act passed in pursuance of section 81 of this Constitution.

(3) No moneys shall be withdrawn from any public fund of the Federation, other than the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation, unless the issue of those moneys has been authorised by an Act of the National Assembly.

(4) No moneys shall be withdrawn from the Consolidated Revenue Fund or any other public fund of the Federation, except in the manner prescribed by the National Assembly.

Did the national assembly have any input into this spending
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by MizMyColi(f): 3:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
asapeola:

Actually my first time of directly replying u! sorry for the "lateness"

Okay.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by MizMyColi(f): 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
carinmom:

Oh i thought your hero was infallible

You should look in the mirror and address yourself using same statement.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by carinmom(f): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
smemud:
Give which woman a breather and which security are u talking about.U are a prat.May d god thunder strike u for what u wrote,many citizens and soldiers lost the lives while agent of darkness share our money.If u continue defending the looters I only have one prayer for u MAY THE GHOST OF DIED HUNT U AND THE SO CALLED AGENT OF DARKNESS(PDP).
Gbam!
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by OnankpaBa(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Which law exactly was broken and what charges would establish against them

he's back.....chief wailer...gerrahere

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by OnankpaBa(m): 3:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
eltweezy90:
And somebody will come and be blaming GEJ, even people wey d work for world bank d divert money... How come person wey only work for Otueke(bayelsa) no go chop! See diz koboko wey dey my hand so, Ngozi okonjo if you no bring that money now now make dem use am pay unemployment allowances, I go peel your back today today.

guy you funny die. grin

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by DecemberIV: 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
Last I checked,

She said, and I quote

The Onus is now on Dasuki and GEJ to provide evidence on how said funds was appropriated.

NOI goofed by seeking Jonathan's approval for funds that were not appropriated (despite knowing it was wrong) by the National Assembly. Its that simple.

Lets even ignore the fact that she irresponsibly and expressly washed her hands off the monitoring of the funds.

Excerpts from the letter she wrote to Jonathan;

“This letter is to seek your approval to borrow these funds, for now, to disburse to the NSA. These funds form part of the projected Federal Government Independent Revenue, to be appropriated, in the light and for accountability, given the peculiar nature of security and intelligence transactions, we would expect the NSA to account to Your Excellency for the utilisation of the funds,” she concluded.

...and the wicked looter approved the funds at the cost of thousands of innocent lives.

#JonaMustFaceJustice

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by skyfall: 3:54pm On Dec 10, 2015
Okojo-Iweala is a fraud masquerading under Harvard & World Bank.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by ThisMeansWAR: 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
plaetton:

This is Stuuuuupid.

At the height of the boko haram manace , this same id.iots were crying that Jonathan was not doing enough to fight boko haram.

Now that it has been shown that Jonathan was genuinely committed to fighting boko haram manace in the North, why are the people that were given the money to fight boko haram not being held responsible ?

Why are these cowardly idi.ots picking on the former minister of finance?
Is it because she is a woman and and a south Easterner?

Security comes first before anything else in governance.
That fact is obvious to many Nigerians who have been victims of boko haram.

How the money was spent is what we should all focus on, not who approved it.
your post would have made sense if not for the ethnic colouration you gave it ..

Are the likes of dasuki and bafarawa also from south east .

You are amongst the few I respected in nairaland especially on religious board .. Please don't make me think you are just another ediotic bigot ..
Thanks .

By the way, you didn't read the post.. Serap said she didn't tell them she spent the money on security according to the report they gave last month..they didn't say she did a bad thing by spending it on security .. its a matter of telling us what you use oour money for .. If you buy bread with our money, don't say you bought beans ..

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by nortcentrallord(m): 3:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
shey bi the security money now has been diverted to gej's failed reelection bid ... You head no correct at all ..

Stop Yapping like a fool. What wrong has she committed? Can't you use your brain? Even the US has scale of preference as a nation and security tops most as a nation. If she didn't perform her duty, you cry, if she does you still cry. Why don't you save yourselves by comiting suicide so you can rid yourselves of seeing her and her family excel. Now, go get a rope.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by greatiyk4u(m): 3:56pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
Last I checked,

She said, and I quote

Keep on dis gracing urself in the public,............a mind dat is stretched by a certain idea or experience can never absorb a new dimension but I expect u 2 take a break b4 u die ontop another person matter.

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by OnankpaBa(m): 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

No, she didn't.

continue....i never get your time. The kind slap when devil go give you still dey do frog jump for okene

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by jaybee3(m): 4:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
oyb:

How did noi plan on lending money to an agency that does not generate income?

Let me guess... They would need to go back to NASS for authorization to retrieve it from subsequent budget or how else do would they have to retrospectively approve money that was supposedly spent without any control or oversight?

NOI simply turned blind eye and she would have been sacked for gross misconduct in the corporate world
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Normosa(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

In my opinion, in the light of the evidence I've seen?
The blame is not on her.

Dasuki should answer. GEJ should answer too.
Except of course, you naturally hate her and want to see her go down.

Good Luck with that.
I think the blame is on her. a month to election, you release billions for security.... and absolve yourself from accounting for the money. My guess is that she knew what it was for and just protected herself with this letter. How can govt spend this type of money without appropriation HOW! NASS (oga David Mark) HOW!!!!

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by ThisMeansWAR: 4:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Stop Yapping like a fool. What wrong has she committed? Can't you use your brain? Even the US has scale of preference as a nation and security tops most as a nation. If she didn't perform her duty, you cry, if she does you still cry. Why don't you save yourselves by comiting suicide so you can rid yourselves of seeing her and her family excel. Now, go get a rope.
mumu .. Stop lamenting like dolt ..

Why is she sacred of telling serap what she initially used the money for .. She told serap she used the money for infrastructures, Infrastructure suddenly became security over night? What is she hiding?

Why told us you bought bread with our money then suddenly bread became beans overnight .. A minister of finance for that matter..
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Normosa(m): 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
your post would have made sense if not for the ethnic colouration you gave it ..

Are the likes of dasuki and bafarawa also from south east .

You are amongst the few I respected in nairaland especially on religious board .. Please don't make me think you are just another ediotic bigot ..
Thanks .

By the way, you didn't read the post.. Serap said she didn't tell them she spent the money on security according to the report they gave last month..they didn't say she did a bad thing by spending it on security .. its a matter of telling us what you use oour money for .. If you buy bread with our money, don't say you bought beans ..

This is the problem with Nigerians; My Thief Better Pass Your Thief...forgetting that ALL THIEF NA THIEF!!!
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
jaybee3:

Let me guess... They would need to go back to NASS for authorization to retrieve it from subsequent budget or how else do would they have to retrospectively approve money that was supposedly spent without any control or oversight?

NOI simply turned blind eye and she would have been sacked for gross misconduct in the corporate world

Actually it is criminal we have a 2000 corrupt practices Act in Nigeria

A cursory reading of sections 16,22(4) & (5) suggest this woman needs to be prosecuted and probably jailed
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by BCISLTD007: 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

In my opinion, in the light of the evidence I've seen?
The blame is not on her.

Dasuki should answer. GEJ should answer too.
Except of course, you naturally hate her and want to see her go down.

Good Luck with that.

Babe ..if u read that letter properly u'd see it has an undertone. ..she was clearly washing her hands of the transaction like she had pior info that the funds would be looted.

For me she has a case to answer. .monies left the CBN and NNPC with proper recourse
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by BABANGBALI: 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
make we talk truth jonathan government own pass ali baba and the forty thieves,kai dem finish Nigeria
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by BCISLTD007: 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
Normosa:

I think the blame is on her. a month to election, you release billions for security.... and absolve yourself from accounting for the money. My guess is that she knew what it was for and just protected herself with this letter. How can govt spend this type of money without appropriation HOW! NASS (oga David Mark) HOW!!!!

Gbam 1000x

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by oz4real83(m): 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
This isn't Gov Adams Oshiomhole shouting anymore. This is SERAP. There are many questions begging for answers from NOI. The earlier she comes out and clear the air the better for all.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by jaybee3(m): 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
omonnakoda:

Actually it is criminal we have a 2000 corrupt practices Act in Nigeria

A cursory reading of sections 16,22(4) & (5) suggest this woman needs to be prosecuted and probably jailed

I know bruv
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Normosa(m): 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
eltweezy90:

Of Course its not GEJ's fault. Its my father in Ikorodu's fault. You hear!
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by BCISLTD007: 4:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
Normosa:

Just like Stella ..."do the needful "...which yeye needfull...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adamu Mohammed, IGP Held Hostage By Jubilant Policemen / Lagos PVC Clash: Tinubu Is Afraid Of Election - Debo Ologunagba / Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.