Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala (28531 Views)

Executive And Legislative Arms Are On The Same Page – Minister. / Saraki: ‘you Have No Power To Summon Justice Umar’, SERAP Tells Senate / Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
Fact is that money does not belong to the FG and she ought to know. THe money should have been paid into the Federation account and shared in the usual way not doing so is unconstitutional . It also amounts to GIVING FALSE RETURNS a crime attracting 7 years in Jail.

Spending without appropriation another crime 7 years
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by lordmayor4(m): 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
Last I checked,
Security is also a basic need.

She said, and I quote

The Onus is now on Dasuki and GEJ to provide evidence on how said funds was appropriated.

Give the woman a breather please.

My dear, stop being blind in your defense...
No matter what, she has no right to transfer the funds without appropriations from the house.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2015
The same Public procurement Act 2007 under which Dokpesi is now being tried would apply with a further batttery of jail terms,I see about 70 years in jail for this woman

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by carboblanko(m): 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
blazetitov:
It is gettin brighter for NOI grin grin grin grin grin grin

On a serious note, this is sad and am SMH for those people still supporting her like she is the best thing to ever happen to this country. She is a big time failure for allowing all these to happen under watch as the so called coordinating minister of the economy and minister of finance. I won't vote for her to run a local government ministry. All of these revelations put a question mark on a capability and integrity. She should have resigned long time ago.

The problem with us Nigerians is the like to attach all sorts of sentiments to everything. In saner climes NOI would have been undergoing questioning by now.But some short sighted folks are still defending her. It's such a pity.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Eziachi: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
Last I checked,
Security is also a basic need.

She said, and I quote

The Onus is now on Dasuki and GEJ to provide evidence on how said funds was appropriated.

Give the woman a breather please.
Everything in life has its purpose. The security has a huge budget for it. Abacha's loot was specifically earmarked for certain things and arms procurement wasn't one of them. That money belongs to all tiers of government including the states and local governments.

Your car is important but you do not convert the money meant for your child's exam fee to purchase a new tyre when you had a separate budget for it. She has questions to answer as much as Dasuki and Jonathan.
If Jonathan asked her to jump into the river, will she do so? Its her responsibility to point out to Jonathan that what she was asked to do was wrong and if he refused to listen, she will then resign and be free of guilt. If Dasuki is going down, she should equally be going down along with him, Jonathan and Dokpesi.
Please stop making excuses for this rogues that had impoverished our people, irrespective of their gender or where they come from. They don't care about you or your family but themselves.
This is one of the reason I am a diehard fan of Biafra, so that no one will hide behind tribal sentiments to get away with their crime again or excuse any criminal.

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by eltweezy90(m): 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
OnankpaBa:

guy you funny die. grin
Abi? But no b lie na
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by carboblanko(m): 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:

In my opinion, in the light of the evidence I've seen?
The blame is not on her.

Dasuki should answer. GEJ should answer too.
Except of course, you naturally hate her and want to see her go down.

Good Luck with that.
Nobody hates NOI. We just expect that based on her experience and exposure she would have queried some of these anomalies and offered sound advice or resigned. Apparently she did none of these and the impression some people have of her now is that she was either complicit or incompetent or both.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by maxti: 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2015
Wicked souls!
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 4:34pm On Dec 10, 2015
Eziachi:

Everything in life has its purpose. The security has a huge budget for it. Abacha's loot was specifically earmarked for certain things and arms procurement wasn't one of them. That money belongs to all tiers of government including the states and local governments.

Your car is important but you do not convert the money meant for your child's exam fee to purchase a new tyre when you had a separate budget for it. She has questions to answer as much as Dasuki and Jonathan.
If Jonathan asked her to jump into the river, will she do so? Its her responsibility to point out to Jonathan that what she was asked to do was wrong and if he refused to listen, she will then resign and be free of guilt. If Dasuki is going down, she should equally be going down along with him, Jonathan and Dokpesi.
Please stop making excuses for this rogues that had impoverished our people, irrespective of their gender or where they come from. They don't care about you or your family but themselves.
This is one of the reason I am a diehard fan of Biafra, so that no one will hide behind tribal sentiments to get away with their crime again or excuse any criminal.
De you talk well and you surprise me but when you get to Biafra the same thing will happen then it will be Nnewi versus Ngwa and so on and whilst I too am an ardent supporter of Biafra for different reasons your reasoning that this would not happen in Biafra is not logical
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by nortcentrallord(m): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
mumu .. Stop lamenting like dolt ..

Why is she sacred of telling serap what she initially used the money for .. She told serap she used the money for infrastructures, Infrastructure suddenly became security over night? What is she hiding?

Why told us you bought bread with our money then suddenly bread became beans overnight .. A minister of finance for that matter..

Read through your comment again, correct your simple tenses before I can argue with you. I don't waste time on people who find it hard to make simple construction because comprehending the real shit becomes a "hill climb" for them. Anyways, I refer you to Iweala's defense of the lame accusation. Am still waiting for your police to go and arrest her or efcc to invite her for questioning. BUZU.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by babafirst(m): 4:36pm On Dec 10, 2015
olapluto:
Even those arms were not purchased. The money went into PDP's failed reelection bid. I am seriously angry about the mess PDP put this country into. So much money that could have made significant impacts on the lives of average Nigerians.
I am currently crowdfunding for some widows of soldiers killed by BH to have a wonderful Xmas and New year celebration. We are struggling to raise 0.1 million naira, while some people are casually looting TRILLIONS.
God will surely judge them all.
Amennnnnn and please keep up the good work helping those innocent widows.I am so happy that over 80 percent of the barracks community who knew the stealing going on voted against GEJ.Women celebrated in the barracks when GEJ lost because they knew their husbands were being bullied and sent into battle without adequate equipment while some people were stealing trillions meant for arms.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by plaetton: 4:37pm On Dec 10, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
your post would have made sense if not for the ethnic colouration you gave it ..

Are the likes of dasuki and bafarawa also from south east .

You are amongst the few I respected in nairaland especially on religious board .. Please don't make me think you are just another ediotic bigot ..
Thanks .

By the way, you didn't read the post.. Serap said she didn't tell them she spent the money on security according to the report they gave last month..they didn't say she did a bad thing by spending it on security .. its a matter of telling us what you use oour money for .. If you buy bread with our money, don't say you bought beans ..

Far from it , my dear friend.

I have ZERO ethnic bigotry in my blood.

But I am so angry about how the media and tabloids are bullying and harassing the former minister of finance.

From our experience in this Nigeria, her being singled out for villification is not unconnected with the fact that she is woman and a southeasterner.

Dasuki presented an urgent case for funds to fight boko hara.
Jonathan and others concured.
She made the funds available.
Simple.

If Dasuki and others misused the funds, they should be held fully accountable.

I continue to lament that this is a very strange country where heroes and heroines are calumnized, while fo.ols and scallywags are celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2015
Eziachi:

Who earnmarked the abacha loot for "certain things"
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by ThisMeansWAR: 4:40pm On Dec 10, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Read through your comment again, correct your simple tenses before I can argue with you. I don't waste time on people who find it hard to make simple construction because comprehending the real shit becomes a "hill climb" for them. Anyways, I refer you to Iweala's defense of the lame accusation. Am still waiting for your police to go and arrest her or efcc to invite her for questioning. BUZU.
what makes you think i wanna argue with you ? Go to bed kid ..
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
babafirst:
Amennnnnn and please keep up the good work helping those innocent widows.I am so happy that over 80 percent of the barracks community who knew the stealing going on voted against GEJ.Women celebrated in the barracks when GEJ lost because they knew their husbands were being bullied and sent into battle without adequate equipment while some people were stealing trillions meant for arms.
And since Buhari took over what has changed? Barely few weeks ago 105 of our soldiers were abducted and massacred by boko haram!! Is GEJ also responsible for that?
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by nortcentrallord(m): 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
Eziachi:

How about we switch the car tire to be a child's health and the examination fee for a house rent? Will you let your child die because you got to pay your house rent? Every where in the world, governments make such decisions. Like she said, it was a borrowed fund to be paid back. Development and security, which is more important or ranked higher? Wasn't security the major platform with which apc ousted pdp?
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 10, 2015
carboblanko:
Nobody hates NOI. We just expect that based on her experience and exposure she would have queried some of these anomalies and offered sound advice or resigned. Apparently she did none of these and the impression some people have of her now is that she was either complicit or incompetent or both.
Do you mind pointing out the anomalies!! What exactly is wrong with disbursement of government funds to procure weapons to combat terrorists? Must you comment?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by nortcentrallord(m): 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
what makes you think i wanna argue with you ? Go to bed kid ..

Please, go through that. You might get help there.

https://www.nairaland.com/2791355/10-signs-only-went-school
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
We must ALWAYS follow the law
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
carboblanko:
The problem with us Nigerians is the like to attach all sorts of sentiments to everything. In saner climes NOI would have been undergoing questioning by now.But some short sighted folks are still defending her. It's such a pity.
If you want to send NOI to jail then you have to work harder!! You still do not have anything on her!! There is nothing on this letter to indict her
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 4:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Do you mind pointing out the anomalies!! What exactly is wrong with disbursement of government funds to procure weapons to combat terrorists? Must you comment?
She broke the law she cannot disburse without appropriation
If you are in possession of your employers money you cannot say what is wrong with disbursing it to fight thieves without authority. She had no authority to disburse that money
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
We must ALWAYS follow the law
You should have said so to Buhari when he approved the disbursement of N700 billion as bailout packages without approval from the NASS
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
Ditto Buhari
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

You should have said so to Buhari when he approved the disbursement of N700 billion as bailout packages without approval from the NASS
I am not a Buhari supporter and do not see the world in Binaries. Anyway the so called bail out was not a disbursement. It was a CENTRAL BANK loan so you need to study the CBN law and form the habit of speaking with knowledge after homework
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Ditto Buhari
I do not speak for Buhari
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by jaybee3(m): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Who earnmarked the abacha loot for "certain things"

That was the agreed non negotiable condition for the repatriation
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
A lame man is a king in the land of the blind!

Now, just close your eyes and imagine how the people from that side will be supporting how that frog eyed biatch spent the dollars with eyes closed to the fact that even in the budget, the govt only gave 13% for over 150million people.

Pls stop wt d disrespect. Someone requested money and she sent it for approval. She was told categorically to transfer d money by the authourizing power.

How did she become a thief in this process? Surely the thievery occurred between the requester, d approver, and everyone who chopped its chopp ings instead of buying weapons WHICH THE COUNTRY DESPERATELY NEEDED. Nkonjo iweala was used. Simples. Thank God she did it formally and covered her ass. She truly has nothing to hide. This SERAP woman has not made any point. All I know from this arms scandal is DT GEJ is a MEGATHIEF, just like all d other mega thief presidents we've had. Don't let d smile fool u.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
If you are in possession of your employers money you cannot say what is wrong with disbursing it to fight thieves without authority. She had no authority to disburse that money
The president ordered the disbursement of the money and not the finance minister!!! She didn't disburse it without authourity!!! She was authorized by the president!! Quit fooling yourself, you have nothing on her!!
Her employer remains the president and to him she is responsible to! besides the funds were to be disbursed for a noble purpose which is procurement of arms to tackle insurgents
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2015
jaybee3:

That was the agreed non negotiable condition for the repatriation
Who and who negotiated?
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
omonnakoda:

Pple lack comprehension. Of course she had no authourity. D presidency gave the authority.

The presidency has d authority if its a national emergency. GEJ is a thief. DT is d bottom line.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

The president ordered the disbursement of the money and not the finance minister!!! She didn't disburse it without authourity!!! She was authorized by the president!! Quit fooling yourself, you have nothing on her!!
Her employer remains the president and to him she is responsible to! besides the funds were to be disbursed for a noble purpose which is procurement of arms to tackle insurgents
The president does not have such authority and that is no defence in law. She ought to know that. Even in the military it is not a defence in performing an illegal order much less civilian life
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
I am not a Buhari supporter and do not see the world in Binaries. Anyway the so called bail out was not a disbursement. It was a CENTRAL BANK loan so you need to study the CBN law and form the habit of speaking with knowledge after homework
Will you quit been a hypocrite!! You have been all over this thread trying to crucify GEK and NOI for giving out a loan of N61billion without NASS approval!!! Yet but are trying to justify Buhari giving out the sum of N713 billion(over ten times the amount involved in the previous case) as bailout packages without approval from the NASS? Don't you have any iota of shame in you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-Rufai Can't Find Jobs For His Daughters / Wole Soyinka Meets With Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Zamfara Killings: Aisha Yesufu To Buhari: "Why Are You So Heartless?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.