Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,979 members, 7,821,419 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala (28529 Views)

Executive And Legislative Arms Are On The Same Page – Minister. / Saraki: ‘you Have No Power To Summon Justice Umar’, SERAP Tells Senate / Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by carboblanko(m): 4:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Do you mind pointing out the anomalies!! What exactly is wrong with disbursement of government funds to procure weapons to combat terrorists? Must you comment?
Government funds that were not appropriated? And please I am entitled to my opinion. We can disagree without being disagreeable. Peace.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
janellemonae:

Pple lack comprehension. Of course she had no authourity. D presidency gave the authority.

The presidency has d authority if its a national emergency. GEJ is a thief. DT is d bottom line.
Who are those lacking comprehension? The president has no such authority
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by babafirst(m): 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

And since Buhari took over what has changed? Barely few weeks ago 105 of our soldiers were abducted and massacred by boko haram!! Is GEJ also responsible for that?
I was expecting someone to bring this up and here is my reply .It was caused by the spiral effect of blood money stolen by GEJ and his cohorts from arms which were not purchased.If the GEJ administration had done the needful we would not be talking about an 'equipmentless' army.As far as PMB is concerned ,from the record of disbursements the military is properly equipped but from the recent revelations we know it's not true. My only prayer is that PMB should not wait to collect all the looted funds from the satanic thieves of the last administration before providing our troops with the necessary equipment but he should release money urgently from any source for arms purchase.I am sure under PMB money for arms would not find it's way to DOKPESI/AIT or to a Bafarawa for spiritual purposes.Then casualty on the battlefield will reduce drastically.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
The president does not have such authority and that is no defence in law. She ought to know that. Even in the military it is not a defence in performing an illegal order much less civilian life
Quit making a fool of yourself dear!! Your hypocrisy stinks!! This woman was just too smart for you fools. You can only rant here online while she keeps getting awards and appointments all over the world
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Will you quit been a hypocrite!! You have been all over this thread trying to crucify GEK and NOI for giving out a loan of N61billion without NASS approval!!! Yet but are trying to justify Buhari giving out the sum of N713 billion(over ten times the amount involved in the previous case) as bailout packages without approval from the NASS? Don't you have any iota of shame in you?
Is your mother OK? Guy please!! Mind your language
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Quit making a fool of yourself dear!! Your hypocrisy stinks!! This woman was just too smart for you fools. You can only rant here online while she keeps getting awards and appointments all over the world
Your mother will die foolish

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Your mother will rant and cough to death. She will die coughing
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
babafirst:
I was expecting someone to bring this up and here is my reply .It was caused by the spiral effect of blood money stolen by GEJ and his cohorts from arms which were not purchased.If the GEJ administration had done the needful we would not be talking about an 'equipmentless' army.As far as PMB is concerned ,from the record of disbursements the military is properly equipped but from the recent revelations we know it's not true. My only prayer is that PMB should not wait to collect all the looted funds from the satanic thieves of the last administration before providing our troops with the necessary equipment but he should release money urgently from any source for arms purchase.I am sure under PMB money for arms would not find it's way to DOKPESI/AIT or to a Bafarawa for spiritual purposes.Then casualty on the battlefield will reduce drastically.
First and foremost, you have not even been able to prove that anyone stole money!! Secondly!! We are interested the seventh month and Buhari is still talking about GEJ !!! How long before Buhari commences work.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by OnankpaBa(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

keep on showing yourself everywhere. is anybody paying you?

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by ThisMeansWAR: 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
plaetton:

Far from it , my dear friend.

I have ZERO ethnic bigotry in my blood.

But I am so angry about how the media and tabloids are bullying and harassing the former minister of finance.

From our experience in this Nigeria, her being singled out for villification is not unconnected with the fact that she is woman and a southeasterner.

Dasuki presented an urgent case for funds to fight boko hara.
Jonathan and others concured.
She made the funds available.
Simple.

If Dasuki and others misused the funds, they should be held fully accountable.

I continue to lament that this is a very strange country where heroes and heroines are calumnized, while fo.ols and scallywags are celebrated.
you still don't get it ... She was a minister of finance, One of the important post in the country. people expect that she supposed to know anything or everything that goes on or off with our money and should be able to give proper account....either she is from north, or south west or north central, people don't care. Imagine if dasusuki is from south east, the story would have been, he's been vilified because he is from south east Instead of asking if dasuki diverted the money or not ..

Serap didnt say she did a wrong thing by spending the money on security , but why did she lie that she used money for infrastructure ... What is she hidding? Besides, why didnt she pass through proper channel which is the national assembly?

if you want to stay a hero, you don't dine with the villain ..

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by OnankpaBa(m): 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
Back to sender!!!! Bloody hypocrite
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by ThisMeansWAR: 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Please, go through that. You might get help there.

https://www.nairaland.com/2791355/10-signs-only-went-school
what is this dunce saying ?

Get off my mention. Troll.tongue

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 5:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Back to sender!!!! Bloody hypocrite
She will never stop coughing
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
OnankpaBa:

keep on showing yourself everywhere. is anybody paying you?

I would continue to expose your hypocrisy !! You will have me to contend with for a long time!!
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
She will cough for a long time
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
omonnakoda:
She will never stop coughing
Already she is not coughing!! Poor you!! You sound so frustrated!! NOI is getting appointment all over the world and no one knows your mum exists!! Poor you
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by OnankpaBa(m): 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

I would continue to expose your hypocrisy !! You will have me to contend with for a long time!!

i just dey watch you. Thunder wen go fire you still dey do press-up
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by OnankpaBa(m): 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

stop supporting evil
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by menxer: 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
Last I checked,
Security is also a basic need.

She said, and I quote

The Onus is now on Dasuki and GEJ to provide evidence on how said funds was appropriated.

Give the woman a breather please.

That's a lame reason, what of our financial security, who handles that part of discussion in the Security Council?
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by omonnakoda: 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Already she is not coughing!! Poor you!! You sound so frustrated!! NOI is getting appointment all over the world and no one knows your mum exists!! Poor you
She will die coughing blood
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by babafirst(m): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

First and foremost, you have not even been able to prove that anyone stole money!! Secondly!! We are interested the seventh month and Buhari is still talking about GEJ !!! How long before Buhari commences work.
If somebody didn't steal, our army will be equipped (atleast money was claimed to have been released totalling over 4 bill dollars.India alone bought 354 state of the art T90 tanks from Russia for only 1.5 Bill USD .Just imagine our troops having just 100 of that in Sambisa)and 105 soldiers will not be butchered as you said.Buhari is not only talking he is arresting the thieves,abi you want him to speed up trial the way he did in 1984 and you people condemned him.Don't worry the father of all blood money thieves GEJ will soon be questioned.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by plaetton: 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
you still don't get it ... She was a minister of finance One of the most important post in the country people expect that she suppose to know anything or everything that goes on or off with our money and should be able to give proper account....either she is from north, or south west or north central, people will still talk.. .. Imagine if dasusuki is from south east, the story would have been, he's been vilified because he is from south east Instead of asking if dasuki diverted the money or not ..

Serap didnt say she did a wrong thing by spending the money on security , but why did she lie that she used money for infrastructure ... What is she hidding? Besides, why didnt she pass through proper channel which is the national assembly?

if you want to stay a hero, you don't dine with the villain ..

First of all, I am for capital punishment for any type of economic sabotage, whether the person is from village or from Timbuktu.

However, this lady has been forced severally to come out in public to clarify these issues.

The funds were extra-budgetary funds from newly returned abacha loot.
I believe the president had discretion on how such monies are spent.

The funds were originally earmarked for infrastructure.
Dasuki presented a case for security and military spending , because of the urgent nature of the situation.

She insisted that only part of the funds, not all, be approved for security and defence.
Jonathan and the committee agreed.
She went ahead to disburse the funds.

I still do not see what she did wrong.

Again, the reason for my anger is because, if we can be honest with each other, we have seen this type of media vilification of female ministers in the past.
Kema Chikwe, Stella Odua, and now Ngozi Okonjo-Igweala.
Is it a coincidence that they just happen to be women, and from the south east?

Well, I hope not.
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by babafirst(m): 5:27pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

And one more thing and please say a big amen....If the funds meant to fight boko haram was stolen or diverted for personal purposes or the purposes of election may the next boko haram bomb take you and family and if the money meant for arms was properly utilized for the purpose it was meant for may the next boko haram bomb take me and my family.I say amen,abeg Chukwudi say amen if you are sure no money was stolen .

1 Like

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
babafirst:
And one more thing and please say a big amen....If the funds meant to fight boko haram was stolen or diverted for personal purposes or the purposes of election may the next boko haram bomb take you and family and if the money meant for arms was properly utilized for the purpose it was meant for may the next boko haram bomb take me and my family.I say amen,abeg Chukwudi say amen if you are sure no money was stolen .

Is this what you will say in court? I wonder why APC fans are the dumbest fools in in the world
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 10, 2015
babafirst:
If somebody didn't steal, our army will be equipped (atleast money was claimed to have been released totalling over 4 bill dollars.India alone bought 354 state of the art T90 tanks from Russia for only 1.5 Bill USD .Just imagine our troops having just 100 of that in Sambisa)and 105 soldiers will not be butchered as you said.Buhari is not only talking he is arresting the thieves,abi you want him to speed up trial the way he did in 1984 and you people condemned him.Don't worry the father of all blood money thieves GEJ will soon be questioned.

When Buhari summons courage to invite GEJ for questioning let me know
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by uracocksucker: 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
THE COUNTRY WAS AT WAR, STILL IS. THE LOGIC IS UNDENIABLE
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by OnankpaBa(m): 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

When Buhari summons courage to invite GEJ for questioning let me know
chukwudi44:

Is this what you will say in court? I wonder why APC fans are the dumbest fools in in the world

Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by ThisMeansWAR: 5:55pm On Dec 10, 2015
plaetton:

First of all, I am for capital punishment for any type of economic sabotage, whether the person is from village or from Timbuktu.

However, this lady has been forced severally to come out in public to clarify these issues.

The funds were extra-budgetary funds from newly returned abacha loot.
I believe the president had discretion on how such monies are spent.

The funds were originally earmarked for infrastructure.
Dasuki presented a case for security and military spending , because of the urgent nature of the situation.

She insisted that only part of the funds, not all, be approved for security and defence.
Jonathan and the committee agreed.
She went ahead to disburse the funds.

I still do not see what she did wrong.

Again, the reason for my anger is because, if we can be honest with each other, we have seen this type of media vilification of female ministers in the past.
Kema Chikwe, Stella Odua, and now Ngozi Okonjo-Igweala.
Is it a coincidence that they just happen to be women, and from the south east?

Well, I hope not.
you are still saying the same thing ..
why didn't she just tell us she spent the money on security? That's serap point ..they didn't say she did a bad thing by spending the money on security ..

are you being a sexist now? Im gonna ask again, what about the likes of bankole, farooq lawan, tafa balogun and the rest that were vilified in the past? Oh yeah what about patricial etteh? One of the most vilified female politician in history of Nigerian politics?
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by bayulll01(m): 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
Last I checked,

She said, and I quote

The Onus is now on Dasuki and GEJ to provide evidence on how said funds was appropriated.

And u call urself a woman,this country is full of silly people,or nigeria is full of silly pple with no brain,I pray u get ur biafra so u all can live in foool paradise
Re: Abacha Loot: Arms Are Not Roads, Electricity, Health, SERAP Tells Okonjo-iweala by docadams: 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
Last I checked,

She said, and I quote

What do you know in politics apart from inanities. Did you do basic economics in school? Even then, the time you've spent 'junkating' in NL should have thought you something about government, governance, and government finances. You don't do romance with public fund. Simply put any kobo of govt money spent must be budgeted and appropriated.

Well, it just occurred to me that you don't even know what it means to appropriate. The NASS appropriate funds for use and back it up with an appropriation bill. Any expenditure outside this bill amounts to a constitutional breach.

Now tell me, again, was the money in question appropriated?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adamu Mohammed, IGP Held Hostage By Jubilant Policemen / Electricity In KWH & Minimum Wage In Nigeria, South Africa & Calgary, Canada / Zamfara Killings: Aisha Yesufu To Buhari: "Why Are You So Heartless?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.